Jump to content


Is this legit?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BulldogzRUs

BulldogzRUs

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hi guys, I Google something similiar and it led me here, but the eBay link was no longer avail. hence my inquiry. I saw this on there and wanted to know if it was actually legit, as I remember seeing some of those versions elsewhere:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4cfdea5189

Also, on the deluxe edition are any of the videos in HD or in 5.1 audio? I'd really love to see a surround sound treatment done for their catalog, maybe something on Bluray....

#2 HELIOS

HELIOS

    [ECHELON]

  • Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostBulldogzRUs, on 26 January 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Hi guys, I Google something similiar and it led me here, but the eBay link was no longer avail. hence my inquiry. I saw this on there and wanted to know if it was actually legit, as I remember seeing some of those versions elsewhere:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4cfdea5189

Also, on the deluxe edition are any of the videos in HD or in 5.1 audio? I'd really love to see a surround sound treatment done for their catalog, maybe something on Bluray....

Completely fake/unauthorized. In fact, it shouldn't even be on eBay. Videos are probably ripped from the internet, too.

#3 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

helioooosssssss delete all the bots pleeeeeeeeease

OAN: oh GOD the ebayers have gotten smarter, preying on the power of SOON and the knowledge that footage exists and there hasn't been anything official released yet.

also, i wanna hear this 8-Bit Bitch Remix. sounds...interesting lmao

#4 BulldogzRUs

BulldogzRUs

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostHelios, on 26 January 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Completely fake/unauthorized. In fact, it shouldn't even be on eBay. Videos are probably ripped from the internet, too.

Thank you, that was what someone stated in the post dated 2010 on here, but unfortunately the link for it on eBay had expired so I couldn't actually see if these were one and the same.

So I guess I'll opt for the deluxe edition instead, can any owners confirm the above for me re: are any of the videos in HD or in 5.1 audio?

Much appreciated, I have alot of posts to catch up on, ha-ha!

#5 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

    Speshul case

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postshannon leto, on 26 January 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

helioooosssssss delete all the bots pleeeeeeeeease

OAN: oh GOD the ebayers have gotten smarter, preying on the power of SOON and the knowledge that footage exists and there hasn't been anything official released yet.

also, i wanna hear this 8-Bit Bitch Remix. sounds...interesting lmao

LOL  :lol:

----

This promo header (or whateverthefuck the name for it is) would sound my alarm bells deafening. The font is huge, the grammar makes no sense (even for a dumb ESL like me), it`s overall badly executed and unoriginal (like I could do a better job in Paint, drunk, high and with a broken arm), and what the heck is with all them symbols? New limited edition Mars glyphics?  

Posted Image

WTF?

#6 BulldogzRUs

BulldogzRUs

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 26 January 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

LOL  :lol:

----

This promo header (or whateverthefuck the name for it is) would sound my alarm bells deafening. The font is huge, the grammar makes no sense (even for a dumb ESL like me), it`s overall badly executed and unoriginal (like I could do a better job in Paint, drunk, high and with a broken arm), and what the heck is with all them symbols? New limited edition Mars glyphics?  

Posted Image

WTF?

Well, I've seen many "promo only" or "not for sale" station giveaways and when clicking on the pics it seemed somewhat legit as they usually aren't as glossy as commercial releases, and I attributed the typos to it being a foreign seller.

I'm new to the band so have been trying to scoop up as much of their stuff as I could, and just figured this was a one-off for a foreign market.

#7 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

    Luctor Et Emergo

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Ahahaaaa well considering Matt and Kevin have been photoshopped out of old pics, heck Matt even removed from the FY video they showed on the TIW tour, I'd sincerly doubt that they'd feature Solon, Matt and Kevin on the CD as part of 30STM (see bottom left) :lol:

Posted Image

#8 Mars.echelon

Mars.echelon

    Not So Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 26 January 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Matt even removed from the FY video they showed on the TIW tour
:blink:

Matt was an important part of the band for many years whether they like it or not. It just surprises me how easy and fast they forget old members like they were never friends and shared great moments together.

#9 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostMars.echelon, on 29 January 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

:blink:

Matt was an important part of the band for many years whether they like it or not. It just surprises me how easy and fast they forget old members like they were never friends and shared great moments together.

not sure if it's an issue of quickly and easily forgetting old members as it is contractual issues and probably bad blood/emotional obstructions...but that could just be me

#10 CandyO

CandyO

    Happy Mars Geek

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 26 January 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

heck Matt even removed from the FY video they showed on the TIW tour,
:o
Seriously? The airbrushed pics were weird enough, but editing an ex-band member out of an old video...

That's so Orwellian :(




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users