• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Camden94

Camden94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

I was suprised that there was no thread for this amazing show!

A contempory Sherlock Holmes written by Steven Moffat and starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, a truly amazing and mind boggling show.

Here are the series 1 and 2 trailers:
My link
My link

#2 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

I haven't watched all of the episodes but do find it interesting.  I found one of them really scary, the one with the big scary dog!  The myth about the nearby MoD site carrying out animal testing and they created a very large monster!  :blink:

#3 IsylyaEleni

IsylyaEleni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

I LOVE this show! Smart people make me so happy.

The best part is that they're also Bilbo and Smaug. My friend, a Sherlock/Watson shipper, is finding it hard to accept. She'll probably end up being the only Smaug/Bilbo shipper in the world...

#4 aiiSsaRachiida

aiiSsaRachiida

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Just saw the first episode yesterday with some of my friends... it's an amazing show :D

#5 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

I wasn't sure about this show when I first heard about it since I love the old black and white Basil Rathbone films and also later, Jeremy Brett, but I've really enjoyed the passed few episodes. Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch are well-suited to their roles and Moriarty is brilliant - sounds a little like Graham Norton to me at times but that aside I think he's very good.

#6 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

I thought you meant the movie... love the morph suit chair thing.

#7 angelwhereareyou?

angelwhereareyou?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

This is fab.   Smart is the new sexy although I think the Hound of the Baskervilles was the weakest episode in this series.  The last one was outstanding.  Anyone figured out how he did it yet?

#8 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

I can't follow the links because my computer sometimes just does what it wants...  :huh:  :P

I didn't watch the show but I've seen the movie "Sherlock Holmes" I think one year ago in the cinema -and it was amazing!!! I really love those kinds of movies and would enjoy watching this show :D

On which channel is it so I can search for it? Or is it just on the internet?^^

#9 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 14 February 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

I can't follow the links because my computer sometimes just does what it wants...  :huh:  :P

I didn't watch the show but I've seen the movie "Sherlock Holmes" I think one year ago in the cinema -and it was amazing!!! I really love those kinds of movies and would enjoy watching this show :D

The series we are talking about is one BBC has re-done.  I believe it is quite different to the movies but equally very good.  I am sure you can get the epsiodes on youtube.  They last for about 1 and 30 minutes each epsiode.

#10 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 14 February 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

Bloody double post!!!

#11 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postemmaloves30stm, on 15 February 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

The series we are talking about is one BBC has re-done.  I believe it is quite different to the movies but equally very good.  I am sure you can get the epsiodes on youtube.  They last for about 1 and 30 minutes each epsiode.

Thanks! Then I will try to watch them^^

#12 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

View Postangelwhereareyou?, on 23 January 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

This is fab.   Smart is the new sexy although I think the Hound of the Baskervilles was the weakest episode in this series.  The last one was outstanding.  Anyone figured out how he did it yet?

*nods* I wasn't that taken with that episode either.

The man that fell to the floor wasn't Sherlock - Watson having just been knocked over intentionally by a passing bike (probably Holmes? - I need to re-watch it to look more closely) was concussed so he saw what he expected to see, not who actually fell. Not sure how Holmes got away but he definitely wasn't the one on the floor and didn't jump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users