• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 DUHNER

DUHNER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Just watching the paladia channel. I never have been able to see 30 seconds to mars live.  After watching this. I need to see them live ASAP.  I will make special effort to see the next tour.  I live in SC-USA.  I was unable to see them the last time they were near. I was having knee surgery.  I just wanted to ask???? Are they the best performance band right now?

#2 El Kabong

El Kabong

Astro Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostDUHNER, on 17 January 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

Just watching the paladia channel. I never have been able to see 30 seconds to mars live.  After watching this. I need to see them live ASAP.  I will make special effort to see the next tour.  I live in SC-USA.  I was unable to see them the last time they were near. I was having knee surgery.  I just wanted to ask???? Are they the best performance band right now?
Depends what day you catch them on. They can range from good to downright terrible (I've seen both), but they're not even close to being the best live band going right now.

#3 SvtHoff

SvtHoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostDUHNER, on 17 January 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

I hope you get a chance, what with the hiatus right now. They're definitely not the best live band right now, but if you catch them on a good day, they're fab :)

#4 DUHNER

DUHNER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Who are the best live bands?

#5 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Umm, from what I've seen myself. Papa Roach (Jacoby is fucking crazy, I think he's on drugs), Foo Fighters (altho Dave's vocals seem to have taken a hit, they're not as "clean" these days or maybe it's just me) and Feeder (a British band, they sound exactly as they do on disc live). Arctic Monkeys are great too (British band) and Lostprophets (another British band but I haven't seen them in a while).

#6 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well I know they have Haters everywhere...I don't care...My all time fav band live is Nickelback. Sorry I've seen them 10 times and
they never sucked once. And that's the God's honest truth. I've also seen Rush more that a few times and they really are great live too.

#7 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostLateToTheParty, on 24 January 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Well I know they have Haters everywhere...I don't care...My all time fav band live is Nickelback. Sorry I've seen them 10 times and
they never sucked once. And that's the God's honest truth. I've also seen Rush more that a few times and they really are great live too.

Lol, their new album is very good. Never seen them live myself tho. Do they tour the UK?

#8 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

I have seen Nickelback,they do have this big stage show, t-shirt cannons and they throw cups of beer into the crowd, they play on the end of a catwalk with rotating drum kit. Chad shares Jägermeister with the front row if you hold up your ID lol. They grew up about an hour from here so I can't really hate on em. They are lucky they did as good as they did.

#9 finesse

finesse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

I have yet to see 30 Seconds live, but I'm sure they're awesome; everything I've seen online seems to suggest as much. As far as other good live shows, Alexisonfire were one of the best bands I've seen. Soooooo much energy in their set. Shame they broke up!

#10 JESSICA_6661

JESSICA_6661

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Best live band? The best I've ever seen live is Rammstein.

#11 Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Nine Inch Nails Lights In The Sky at Red Rocks was simply amazing! Something I don't think i'll see the likes of again?

U2 360 was the most ridiculously biggest show i've ever been to! Yet it was very intimate and visually stunning! It lived up to it's name!

There are a lot of great acts out there big and small that put on a great show!

I've seen Mars 8 times...

#12 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

View Post30STM2002-2008RIP, on 25 January 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Lol, their new album is very good. Never seen them live myself tho. Do they tour the UK?

Yes...they will start a new tour in April here in the US then I'm sure they will be coming your way! :D

#13 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

For me Mars are the most incredible Band in doing live-performances because if you look at Stars like Madonna, Lady Gaga or other mainstream artists need big shows with hundreds of dancers for fascinating their audience. I mean look at Rihanna doing her gig at the Vmas or Emas or whatever that was when she was perfoming "Love the way you lie" with Eminem; without a big Show she's NOTHING! It was terrible!!!

What I want to say is that Mars don't need any big performance on stage for thrilling the crowd! It's just them and it is an outrageous show every single time!  :wub:

The only reason for not-so-good Marsshows is when Jared has problems with his voice (what seemed to be more often than usual the last times but it's obvious that his voice can't sound like fresh vocal cords by touring three years all around the globe!)

And if you remember the last Tour from Usher you may notice that he cancelled lots of concerts because his voice faded... And he's had only a few shows before! The people went there and -surprise! No show! And they've never seen their money again! :blink:

When I go to a concert I want to see something special what seperates the band from all the other artists and that's a goal Mars reaches every single time! I'm already thrilled when I'm watching a show of them on TV  :D <_<  

I think everyone should visit a show of them on his/her own and form his or her own opinion about it! Some say it's not good; others say it's definitely woth it... I think it is a great experience and can become one of the most incredible things that happen to you in a lifetime  ^_^ ;) :wub:

#14 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

The notion of “the best” is very personal, all depending on you own expectations, interests and music sensitivity.
What is best for you won't necessarily be for someone else and vice versa. Sticking to our own personnality won't let others interests decides what's best for ourselves so the only way to answer your question will be to experience it yourself.
To me, there are no best as nobody's perfect, just bands that I like to see on stage and some more than others, blunders included :D

#15 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Postwildhorses, on 12 February 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

[...]
Sticking to our own personnality won't let others interests decides what's best for ourselves so the only way to answer your question will be to experience it yourself.
[...] :D

exactly what I wanted to say ;)

#16 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostEl Kabong, on 18 January 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

Depends what day you catch them on. They can range from good to downright terrible (I've seen both), but they're not even close to being the best live band going right now.
who you rate brother?

#17 El Kabong

El Kabong

Astro Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostJeto_9999, on 15 February 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

who you rate brother?
From my experience the best i've seen would be the likes of Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave (be it with The Bad Seeds or Grinderman), Iggy Pop, Mars Volta and Rammstein. I'm sure there's others that I'm not thinking of right now as well.

#18 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Rammstein always made me want to scream in peoples faces.

Every record (performance) sounds the same...you gotta step into my world.

#19 El Kabong

El Kabong

Astro Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 17 February 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Rammstein always made me want to scream in peoples faces.

Every record (performance) sounds the same...you gotta step into my world.
Their live show is a freaking spectacle and a half. Insane fireworks, German's singing things I can't understand, loud guitars, a man riding a giant foam shooting penis, it's awesome.

#20 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

I totaly agree with germanechelonsoldier.
Mars is amazing.

I saw Lady GaGa last year and if there wouldn't have been the great decor and dancers it would have been really bad.
But 30 Seconds To Mars doesn't need a big stage or amazing decor to blow you away.
When i saw them at the Lotto Arena in Antwerp (Belgium) on 11th of November last year they were amazing.
And the only things on the stage were the 3 guys, their instruments and a giant triad.

What i mean is that Mars is about the music, they don't need anything else really for a great show.
For me they are nr 1. :lol:

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 12 February 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

For me Mars are the most incredible Band in doing live-performances because if you look at Stars like Madonna, Lady Gaga or other mainstream artists need big shows with hundreds of dancers for fascinating their audience. I mean look at Rihanna doing her gig at the Vmas or Emas or whatever that was when she was perfoming "Love the way you lie" with Eminem; without a big Show she's NOTHING! It was terrible!!!

What I want to say is that Mars don't need any big performance on stage for thrilling the crowd! It's just them and it is an outrageous show every single time!  :wub:

The only reason for not-so-good Marsshows is when Jared has problems with his voice (what seemed to be more often than usual the last times but it's obvious that his voice can't sound like fresh vocal cords by touring three years all around the globe!)

And if you remember the last Tour from Usher you may notice that he cancelled lots of concerts because his voice faded... And he's had only a few shows before! The people went there and -surprise! No show! And they've never seen their money again! :blink:

When I go to a concert I want to see something special what seperates the band from all the other artists and that's a goal Mars reaches every single time! I'm already thrilled when I'm watching a show of them on TV  :D <_<  

I think everyone should visit a show of them on his/her own and form his or her own opinion about it! Some say it's not good; others say it's definitely woth it... I think it is a great experience and can become one of the most incredible things that happen to you in a lifetime  ^_^ ;) :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users