#22 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm an INFJ, "Counselor". HEH.

Interesting read: INFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss. he said...butt.

#23 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

View Postpanacea sanans, on 22 January 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

I for one am pretty sure that soul-mating is not for the matter of reproducing, and a soulmate it NOT necessarily a bedmate!

Also I am sure that there is not ONE soulmate, nor ONE true love. (Although I would like to believe it, I don't think it is that way.)

So, as well as with finding a bedmate, finding a soulmate does require to open up to another human. (You can't have a bedmate without allowing them to 'share' your body, you can't have a soulmate without sharing your soul.) Thus, it is very much a matter of making the decision.

You want a soul mate, them mate your souls! You decide how much of your soul you want to unveil.

The problem is finding a person that is willing to share - and whose soul does actually interest you and appeal to you. (a person, not the person)

Then again, nirjara, your problem is another one. You are not missing a soulmate, but a person (who happened to be your soulmate) from a previous life. With the way I believe the universe is structured, the odds are all against you meeting one particular person twice in different lifes. But then, I wouldn't know, really.

Do you have any clues to lead you, or only longing? Anything you know about that person? Any features or traits? Dreams, memories, anything?

Yes. That's exactly right. I do miss a person and not a random soulmate.
I did have memories, or feelings is a better way to describe it. I knew. And the urge to search was strong. The searching always ended up with severe heartache when I was faced to believe I might be wrong.
As years went by, the memories faded and the urge doesn't come around as often. I try to remind myself what pain the searches end in, still seems I can't really convince myself not to.
I've met people (psyshichs or what you call them) that has confirmed my feelings, but all of them have adviced me to let it go.
I know I should, since it has affected my life in a really bad way. I've been comparing this world to some place else and that too brings a lot of pain making it feel like a punishment to be here and that I've done something very wrong to end up here.
I really do know I need to let it go, but I don't know how to.
I do study mindfulness at the moment and I guess that's a good start, trying to learn how to live here and now and not in the past.

And the odds aren't good as you say. Even more so since the feeling was it wasn't even on this planet. Which kinda makes the odds non-existent thinking about how big the universe is.

Thank you for your post, it meant a lot to me.

#24 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 22 January 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Cheers :)

By thinker do you mean it in `Myers-Briggs Type Indicator` way? http://www.myersbrig.../mbti-basics/  

Here`s the test, if you`re interested: http://www.humanmetr...win/jtypes2.asp

According to this test (which I`ve taken a few times for confirmation) I`m INFJ. `F` is for `feeling` - the opposite of `T` - `thinking`. But I do like to think sometimes  :P  :)

According to the test I am INTP.

EDIT: I might add, I have been INFP, but then life happened to me. So i guess this test depends on where you are in life.

#25 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Personaly I believe that our only life here on earth is right now. So this soulmate you miss and cannot define may represent something you're longing for, not necessarily a perfect partner for breeding but a need that has to be met. I dont know if i'm making any sence here :unsure:

Recently I read an interesting book Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. It's a nice look inside women's psyche through some intercultural myths stories and fairy tales. What I've learnt from it is that we should try to get to know our soul through what our instincts dreams and desires tell us.

#26 serenity

serenity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

It is 'God'. You will not find it here.

#27 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

View Postserenity, on 30 January 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

It is 'God'. You will not find it here.

I'm sorry to have to disagree with you. It pretty sure is not 'god' she is missing. Although religion might certainly console her for what she is missing, if she really believed - but that'd have to come from her heart - it'd still be a substitute only.

And even if that was it, tell me how she would not have got that already? She would not have suffered all her life if it was 'god' she was longing for. I'm pretty sure she was contacted by his 'recruiters' more than once, and it would have been easy to 'join'. She wouldn't be suffering still.

Last point, HOW can you even suggest that god can not be found here? Have you learned nothing from that holy bible of yours? He was born in a stable, ate with tax collectors and sinners, and taught in houses, on street and on mount indiscriminate; he was there during slavery, as well as in the burning desert & in the darkest valley. There IS no place where 'god' can not be found.
So shush, unbeliever.  :P

#28 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

View Postpanacea sanans, on 31 January 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

I'm sorry to have to disagree with you. It pretty sure is not 'god' she is missing. Although religion might certainly console her for what she is missing, if she really believed - but that'd have to come from her heart - it'd still be a substitute only.

And even if that was it, tell me how she would not have got that already? She would not have suffered all her life if it was 'god' she was longing for. I'm pretty sure she was contacted by his 'recruiters' more than once, and it would have been easy to 'join'. She wouldn't be suffering still.

Last point, HOW can you even suggest that god can not be found here? Have you learned nothing from that holy bible of yours? He was born in a stable, ate with tax collectors and sinners, and taught in houses, on street and on mount indiscriminate; he was there during slavery, as well as in the burning desert & in the darkest valley. There IS no place where 'god' can not be found.

Haha, good point. I as well heard "God is everywhere".

I actually have been wanting to believe wholeheartedly, but I guess my head got in the way. Not saying it's smarter not to believe, since then the pain might have been gone and who wouldn't want that?
I really would have hoped my urge to search would have stopped when searching for God, but it just made the point clearer that it's something else. Which also makes the pain worse, since it seems whatever it is, it can't be found.

#29 serenity

serenity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

I did not say religion, I do not believe in the bible. I could have put 'heaven" there or any other word to suggest that you will not feel 'whole' here on this planet. The feeling you are trying to acquire, the completion, it is not of here, it is not in another human being.

#30 serenity

serenity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

View Postpanacea sanans, on 31 January 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

No, you stfu ; )

#31 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Postserenity, on 07 February 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

The feeling you are trying to acquire, the completion, it is not of here, it is not in another human being.
I have to agree with you--based on experience. But we try....

you can try a million times with thousands of different people. You may acquire it, but it is merely borrowed...for a short or lengthy period of time.
Some people claim to have it forever, but nothing lasts forever. I would never say to turn your cheek to love (not random sex or minute lust. LOVE or long-lasting lust, YES! I doubt it is even possible...). "Love" is not a wasted energy/emotion, at all. If anything, imo...it's the only one that allows us to evolve. Revenge and anger--now that is a waste of energy and emotion, even a small burst of a temper tantrum is a waste, even if it does feel good during. Always, always Regret...

Eventually...it all just ends.

If I could end the quest for fire...for truth, for love...my desire.

End result: I fell apart, but got back up again.

Holy crap I had to youtube for the lyrics  :blink:

#32 XAutumnAngelX

XAutumnAngelX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

We are all connected.
We have visited many times over many years.
The purpose is to love and learn.
Search within yourself to find what is missing, the answer is always there.

#33 Prehensile

Prehensile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

I don't like the idea of spiritual interconnection. It feels icky to me, like a spiritual human centipede  :(

We are not all connected. We don't even all have spirits.

#34 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostPrehensile, on 07 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I agree with the first in a way, but strongly disagree with the second.  <_<

#35 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

Yes, the idea that we are ALL connected--is a bit weird. I mean, we are...if we want to be, but...yea.

Actually, my beliefs change on a daily basis. I believe in us...in our heartbeats. WE ARE THE KINGS AND QUEENS, BABY! ;)

I used to believe that there was this sort of like....idk, actual reasoning or meaning to that feeling of knowing and longing for. Like, we are supposed to be with that person or those persons we seem to be drawned (that's not a word?  :huh:) to, and maybe there is a force that is trying to draw us together...but maybe it isn't a good force? Maybe...you subconsciously want something so bad or worse, that force that may not be good wants something so bad...a force to be reckoned with...that they dingle the carrots in front of our eyes and put sparkles at the end and sometimes even make those sparkles touch your face to make it seem just within reach and want to see how far we will go. Or some shit..

I really do not believe in ANYTHING 'cause I believe in everything! I've seen, felt or experienced way too much weird shit to disregard anything.

P.S. It really is not hard to just "love the one you're with"...if you settle and give in and that is what many do. It even will eventually feel like it IS what is meant to be, the only way to be...if you just allow yourself.

#36 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

View PostPrehensile, on 07 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I don't like the idea of spiritual interconnection. It feels icky to me, like a spiritual human centipede  :(

How do you know we are not connected? I think we are all connected through our minds. Our consciousness is the thing standing in the way of realising that. That`s just my opinion.

#37 Prehensile

Prehensile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 13 February 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

How do you know we are not connected? I think we are all connected through our minds. Our consciousness is the thing standing in the way of realising that. That`s just my opinion.

I value my privacy, and I may be deluded, but I would like to think that I have the choice to refuse anyone the right to access my mind or "spirit" if thats what people want to call it. You can always try to force someone to let you into their mind, just as you can physically try to rape them. From what I've observed I'd say the consequences of either endeavor rarely amount to any good.

Do you believe in a collective unconscious or something of the sort? The idea is at once loathsome and intriguing to me. Loathsome because there are countless people that I would never want to be connected with on any level. Intriguing because there are people who's minds I would love to get lost in should they permit it. I'm not well studied enough on the matter to say more than that yet.

#38 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

Yeah, I do believe in the collective unconscious and that we are all connected to God and to one another through our Minds and that we ought to find a way to understand the Universe and when we do that, we`ll become Gods ourselves - become one with God (Abraxas). I also believe that no one can `save`  you than yourself. No Jesus, no other Messiah but you. Each of us is responsible for our own fate. I guess everyone is entitled to their own belief. :)

#39 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 15 February 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Yeah, I do believe in the collective unconscious and that we are all connected to God and to one another through our Minds and that we ought to find a way to understand the Universe and when we do that, we`ll become Gods ourselves - become one with God (Abraxas). I also believe that no one can `save`  you than yourself. No Jesus, no other Messiah but you. Each of us is responsible for our own fate. I guess everyone is entitled to their own belief. :)

I don't think that we are all connected and so on from our birth . IF there is any connection it's obviously not in standby so we can use whenever we want to but we may have to build bridges so we get connected...? Does this sound logical or like I would be mentally-ill? ;)

The thing is that there are many people who get a sight into some peoples' minds with violence and that's I think what prehensile wanted to say... Or not? Teach me if I'm wrong!^^

Have you ever seen "the Manchurian Candidate"? It's a movie which talks about mind-control froced by violence... A very interesting story about a vice-president of the US...  ^_^

Just a reply to the very first question:

Yes, I believe and think that soulmates do exist, we just have to search for them because every single person on this earth "deserves" a person that seems to be able to read your thoughts... It sounds weird but... hmmm, that doesn't matter... ;)

I didn't find my soulmate until now but I'll never stop searchin' for him^^

If I believe in reincarnation or rebirth? Hard to say... Actually I don't know if I should believe in it because there are moments I think it has to exist but then there are situations I see that it isn't possible... :blink: Really dunno what to think about that...  :)

#40 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

I`m not really talking about mind control or anything like that. I think that`s done more psychologically and consciously and I`m not talking about being connected in a material sense. I think there is more than our eyes can see and we are not quite there yet to understand it (maybe except for a few people). I think we are connected just as all the particles in the world are. If they all combined together make up infinity and unity then we are a part of it. Possibly?  B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users