44 replies to this topic

#1 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Let me start by sharing my thoughts.

I have no problem believing that you should not attach to this world, otherwise you'll be back. (reinkarnation)
I do not attach to things or people, but try to make the road as smooth as possible so I won't have any bad karma.
No biggie... it's easy... if it wasn't for...
I miss someone, from another life it seems. So badly it hurts me.

That's my only attachment. I do know love. I have children of my own, I do the best I can and wish them the best when I'm gone. Surely unconditional love. That could be attachment, but is not. If it was like that I'd be home safe... but then there's this soulmate... who seems to be from before.
I don't know what's wrong with me.

Pleading to your minds, cuz I'm lost.

#2 Jeto_9990

Jeto_9990

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

I'm sorry but what the fuck are you saying?!
You're trapped in a parralell universe or something?
Pass the bowl motherfucker. That must be good shit.

If you're asking do we here believe in soul mates then yes I do.
I knew the day I met my wife she was the one I'd marry.

#3 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

Haha, I see how this might be confusing, a lot of thoughts and it's hard to gather them to this little space of expression.

Yes I do want to hear your thoughts so thanks for sharing.

Maybe the thought of a soulmate is merely a distorted thought from the urge of finding an ideal partner for breeding.
If there is such a thing as reinkarnation I don't want to come back to this world and I'm trying to find out what could be the attachments that force you to do so.

I'm not sure I'm making this any clearer, but whatever, it helps me with trains of thoughts just by writing it.

#4 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Postnirjara, on 16 January 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Haha, I see how this might be confusing, a lot of thoughts and it's hard to gather them to this little space of expression.

Yes I do want to hear your thoughts so thanks for sharing.

Maybe the thought of a soulmate is merely a distorted thought from the urge of finding an ideal partner for breeding.
If there is such a thing as reinkarnation I don't want to come back to this world and I'm trying to find out what could be the attachments that force you to do so.

I'm not sure I'm making this any clearer, but whatever, it helps me with trains of thoughts just by writing it.

Pay no attention to Jeto.

From Wikipedia:

Plato
In his dialogue The Symposium, Plato has Aristophanes present a story about soul mates. Aristophanes states that humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them.[1]

Theosophy
According to Theosophy, whose claims were modified by Edgar Cayce, God created androgynous souls—equally male and female. Later theories postulate that the souls split into separate genders, perhaps because they incurred karma while playing around on the Earth, or "separation from God." Over a number of reincarnations, each half seeks the other. When all karmic debt is purged, the two will fuse back together and return to the ultimate.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulmate

:)

#5 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

That's very interesting, thank you SpectralTiger.

#6 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

That`s ok :) I think I understand how you may feel with the soul mate yearning.  :)

#7 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

I like your mind spectral, you seem like a "thinker" as I call them, or "us" as I actually put myself in that category. Though in my place it often brings pain, so I'm not saying thinker equals smart. Because if I was smart, I'd find a way to make it through this world with a smile. Almost there though and I'll keep chasing it. ^^

#8 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 16 January 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Pay no attention to Jeto.
impossible!
You're well aware of that I see.

View Postnirjara, on 19 January 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Are you welsh?

#9 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

View Postnirjara, on 13 January 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

OP

View PostSpectralTiger, on 16 January 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Plato
In his dialogue The Symposium, Plato has Aristophanes present a story about soul mates. Aristophanes states that humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them.[1]

Theosophy
According to Theosophy, whose claims were modified by Edgar Cayce, God created androgynous souls—equally male and female. Later theories postulate that the souls split into separate genders, perhaps because they incurred karma while playing around on the Earth, or "separation from God." Over a number of reincarnations, each half seeks the other. When all karmic debt is purged, the two will fuse back together and return to the ultimate.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulmate

I like your mind spectral, you seem like a "thinker" as I call them, or "us" as I actually put myself in that category. Though in my place it often brings pain, so I'm not saying thinker equals smart.
LIKE(s)

View Postnirjara, on 16 January 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Maybe the thought of a soulmate is merely a distorted thought from the urge of finding an the ideal partner for breeding.
RE: The bolded...

I have been wondering similar things lately. However, I have a feeling that rather than it being something that comes solely (I ALWAYS misspell this word...dumb, eh?) from within--it is a feeling that is more or less implanted, artificially. Or...forces are trying to help two pieces back together. But who is to say these are good forces? And who is to say that finding your actual "other half" to breed  isn't possibly a bad (and maybe even horrific) thing? I suppose there is the possibility it could bring unicorns and rainbows and we all know that'd be super!

Maybe the collision would be... deafening.

#10 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostJeto_9999, on 20 January 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

Are you welsh?

No... and why?

#11 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 20 January 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

LIKE(s)

RE: The bolded...

I have been wondering similar things lately. However, I have a feeling that rather than it being something that comes solely (I ALWAYS misspell this word...dumb, eh?) from within--it is a feeling that is more or less implanted, artificially. Or...forces are trying to help two pieces back together. But who is to say these are good forces? And who is to say that finding your actual "other half" to breed  isn't possibly a bad (and maybe even horrific) thing? I suppose there is the possibility it could bring unicorns and rainbows and we all know that'd be super!

Maybe the collision would be... deafening.

Good or bad doesn't seem to have meaning when trying to define the feeling. The only question is why. The ultimate question of existence I guess.
Why? For populating earth? Which we are overdoing as it is. If God exists he had had a plan... and I guess he just abandonded this shit when he realised testosteron wasn't the way to go. That shit'll bring you straight to hell. ^^

#12 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postnirjara, on 20 January 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

No... and why?
i couldn't place the accent.

#13 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

I swear I logged in to reply to this before Jeto did. I SWEAR!

View Postnirjara, on 20 January 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Good or bad doesn't seem to have meaning when trying to define the feeling. The only question is why. The ultimate question of existence I guess.
Why? For populating earth? Which we are overdoing as it is. If God exists he had had a plan... and I guess he just abandonded this shit when he realised testosteron wasn't the way to go. That shit'll bring you straight to hell. ^^
The feeling is extremely hard if not impossible to truly define with words. When you start to *know* there is another half of something...a part of you somewhere, it does almost hurt.

As Jeto said--when you find someone that compliments you well, maybe even one of your true soulmates...you kind of know it. I guess that void is filled as well. Lawd knows I've felt that way before...but it doesn't last. The ultimate , yanno, fire desire long-lasting "YES" is something that many of us search for. I guess that's my mothafucking Alibi, sure.

duuurrr I had more to add. Here it is:

I dunno that it answers or is even a search for the ultimate question of our existence but when you are yearning to be whole it does make you question that very thing, I agree.

Also agree we are overdosing as well and that God wants to abandon our asses. Pretty sure he has started to.

As I was relaxing earlier I started to wonder why exactly the devil haunts people. Taunts, rather. Like, if they have already been kind of "ungodly" hasn't the devil already kind of... 'won'? Why stick around?

#14 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostJeto_9999, on 20 January 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

i couldn't place the accent.

I'm swedish.

#15 nirjara

nirjara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 20 January 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

I swear I logged in to reply to this before Jeto did. I SWEAR!

The feeling is extremely hard if not impossible to truly define with words. When you start to *know* there is another half of something...a part of you somewhere, it does almost hurt.

As Jeto said--when you find someone that compliments you well, maybe even one of your true soulmates...you kind of know it. I guess that void is filled as well. Lawd knows I've felt that way before...but it doesn't last. The ultimate , yanno, fire desire long-lasting "YES" is something that many of us search for. I guess that's my mothafucking Alibi, sure.

duuurrr I had more to add. Here it is:

I dunno that it answers or is even a search for the ultimate question of our existence but when you are yearning to be whole it does make you question that very thing, I agree.

Also agree we are overdosing as well and that God wants to abandon our asses. Pretty sure he has started to.

As I was relaxing earlier I started to wonder why exactly the devil haunts people. Taunts, rather. Like, if they have already been kind of "ungodly" hasn't the devil already kind of... 'won'? Why stick around?

I guess we'll find out eventually. Or if death just means you seize to exist, it doesn't matter. Just wish that feeling could go away since it seems so unnecessary.

#16 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

I like your mind spectral, you seem like a "thinker" as I call them, or "us" as I actually put myself in that category. Though in my place it often brings pain, so I'm not saying thinker equals smart. Because if I was smart, I'd find a way to make it through this world with a smile. Almost there though and I'll keep chasing it. ^^

Cheers :)

By thinker do you mean it in `Myers-Briggs Type Indicator` way? http://www.myersbrig.../mbti-basics/  

Here`s the test, if you`re interested: http://www.humanmetr...win/jtypes2.asp

According to this test (which I`ve taken a few times for confirmation) I`m INFJ. `F` is for `feeling` - the opposite of `T` - `thinking`. But I do like to think sometimes  :P  :)

#17 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

View Postnirjara, on 20 January 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Why? For populating earth? Which we are overdoing as it is.

I for one am pretty sure that soul-mating is not for the matter of reproducing, and a soulmate it NOT necessarily a bedmate!

Also I am sure that there is not ONE soulmate, nor ONE true love. (Although I would like to believe it, I don't think it is that way.)

So, as well as with finding a bedmate, finding a soulmate does require to open up to another human. (You can't have a bedmate without allowing them to 'share' your body, you can't have a soulmate without sharing your soul.) Thus, it is very much a matter of making the decision.

You want a soul mate, then mate your souls! You decide how much of your soul you want to unveil.

The problem is finding a person that is willing to share - and whose soul does actually interest you and appeal to you. (a person, not the person)

Then again, nirjara, your problem is another one. You are not missing a soulmate, but a person (who happened to be your soulmate) from a previous life. With the way I believe the universe is structured, the odds are all against you meeting one particular person twice in different lifes. But then, I wouldn't know, really.

Do you have any clues to lead you, or only longing? Anything you know about that person? Any features or traits? Dreams, memories, anything?

#18 AmanitaVirosa

AmanitaVirosa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

View Postnirjara, on 21 January 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

I guess we'll find out eventually. Or if death just means you seize to exist, it doesn't matter.

I seize to live. All the time.  :(

#19 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 22 January 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Cheers :)

By thinker do you mean it in `Myers-Briggs Type Indicator` way? http://www.myersbrig.../mbti-basics/  

Here`s the test, if you`re interested: http://www.humanmetr...win/jtypes2.asp

According to this test (which I`ve taken a few times for confirmation) I`m INFJ. `F` is for `feeling` - the opposite of `T` - `thinking`. But I do like to think sometimes  :P  :)

I don't like that test too much. We took it in psychology lesson once...
By the test, I am INTJ, thus rated "Mastermind".  :D

Posted Image

#20 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

View Postpanacea sanans, on 22 January 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

I don't like that test too much. We took it in psychology lesson once...
By the test, I am INTJ, thus rated "Mastermind".  :D

Posted Image

I took another test some times ago and got INTJ too.  B)

Why don`t you like the test? It`s not as accurate as being professionally `diagnosed` I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users