2 replies to this topic

#1 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Sometimes you'll see something... read something... hear something... and it'll be so amazing that it brings tears to your eyes. Tears of joy at how beautiful this planet really is. How great humans can be. How incredibly perfect nature feels. And you'll stand where you are, unmoving, absolutely stunned - for a short while forgetting your own personal human worries and struggles, because for that moment, you know life is greater than that. Greater than your daily life, your job, money, sorrows... You're just a spark in a fire that has burnt for aeons. And there's no wise remark that has not been made by somebody already, there's no situation so desperate that not some brave being managed to cope with it against all odds; and still, none of this matters in perpetuity, but it's just beautiful, so very beautiful...

I want to ask you to share your moments of beauty with others. Quotes, pictures, videos or your personal description are all very welcome.

For me, today, two of those were:

1) reading what Nelson Mandela said on leadership: "It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership." Now, who feels they'd be a competent leader? He was a very wise man indeed...

2) seeing how nature sometimes does seem to take pity on those who deserve it (although it's really just the survival of the fittest): Dew-Claw

#2 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Today, by pure chance, not even searching for it, I stumbled upon a beautiful young ficus ginseng.
Apparently, nobody had taken a closer look to see how gorgeous this little tree really is. ‘t was love at first sight.
Now I share my small flat not only with my pet rat lady and some succulents but also with a tiny tree.  :wub:

Wanna see my tree?

“Trees have their own personalities and cannot be expected to behave the same as another tree of the same species.” ~ Khan Komai

#3 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Most of the time it's nature that brings me those feelings.

Here's something I read today and it fits here :)

The leaves streamed down, trembling in the sun. They were not green; only a few, scattered through the torrent, stood out in single drops of a green so bright and pure that it hurt the eyes; the rest were not a color, but a light, the substance of fire on metal, living sparks without edges. And it looked as if the forest were a spread of light boiling slowly to produce this color, this green rising in small bubbles, the condensed essence of spring. The trees met, bending over the road, and the spots of sun on the ground moved with the shifting of the branches, like a conscious caress. The young man hoped he would not have to die. Not if the earth could look like this, he thought. Not if he could hear the hope and the promise like a voice, with leaves, tree trunks and rocks instead of words.

Ayn Rand Fountainhead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users