#221 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostCandyO, on 20 March 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

I agree with you there. Because Mars is a brand. The Hive/Golden Tickets/VYRT are start ups within the brand. It would seem to make more sense to keep at least some connection to Mars, for the recognition factor. Unless there is something about the Mars brand that Hive/GT's would rather leave behind so it/they are not associated with it? I don't know...

Oh, the SPW spam helped. I think they moved up a bracket in the mtv march madness. Or maybe it was the Mars account tweeting to vote for SPW. Now what will happen if it ends up SPW vs 30STM? Ha! ;)

That crossed my mind too, dropping the connection can look like you're embarrassed to be associated with that brand or that something went wrong. All speculation as usual but these things do occur to people on the outside, so to speak.

The way it's going I'm guessing the Hive account would vote SPW and the band account would vote Mars haha. The spamming hasn't particularly helped the Hive, since they actually have fewer followers now than they did a week ago (granted it's a very small amount in the scheme of things) but hey more SPW fans may jump on the band-wagon (no pun intended) and follow them, who knows.  

shannon leto's lezbean True, but surely that would be going backwards? To have the Hive solely linked to one band for the past three years and then to drop all of the headway they've made with regard to promotion for it to go it alone, seems a little counter-productive. I see your point though and it's possible cutting ties is what they always aimed to do. I agree with other points you've been making here aswell but multi-quote isn't working for me.

#222 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostMistressred, on 21 March 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Jeto is a shit disturber, you have to read past the taunts, and just read the part about what he is trying to get across. He has not changed, at least not from when I first started up on these boards. Sure there are more tactful ways to say things, maybe I have a greater tolerance level. There were way more shit disturbers on the boards when I joined I miss some of them actually. Gem, was passionate about the band, but more so Jared, and she was just batty. She did not play well with others.
I believe in the... put your eggs in different baskets. I invested in real estate, mutual funds, and my horses, can you believe that all of them dropped in value? :lol:  Maybe I should be like CandyO and just collect the baskets B) ( private joke )

Tomo, Shannon and Jared would be wise to find sources of income besides the band. It just makes sense because, you never know in life. Do I want music and touring to be their number one thing, well of course.

Jared is also a shit disturber, I don't think he is all Darth and no Luke.

eh. maybe he should take a page from the band and change a little :lol: you can be honest and straightforward and not blow smoke up people's asses and not be a jerk about it. what's that saying...in order to get respect you have to give it? plenty of folks can express themselves without stepping on toes and manage to traverse choppy waters of controversy. there's a thin line between being blunt and being blatantly mean for the hell of it. here's another lesson to be learned from the band: do what isn't expected of you every now and then! just because you were one way in the past and it was generally ignored/accepted doesn't mean it's going to be the same way now, lol. as many have pointed out, most of those older people are gone and they're replaced with people who don't know the ways of the old, and take a little offense if complete strangers just show up and speak to them as if they're complete idiots, etc. just as the band has to realize and accept, so do the fans. things are different now, you know?

there goes that broken record thing again :lol:

@kate - really, both paths have their pros and cons. my guess is that they figured that's how they started, and they've gotten to this point so any business that they have some control in should do the same. maybe jared's just that stubborn that it carries over into his business ventures? :lol:

#223 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

^^ Yeah they have a formula that seems to be working for them in the most part so I can see why they'd be tempted to stick with it. Him stubborn? Surely not ... :lol:

#224 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

I was thinking that the Hive was only used to promote Mars with a store front and everything. Maybe it is more professional to look for clients and not play favourites. They could always add Mars back in later, or maybe Jared has new separate plans for Mars. Sisyphus sp...? may take over marketing for example.

PS. I am not condoning being impolite, I just know you may not get what you want in cyber space. There is an anonymity that allows people to behave differently than the actual if they so choose. I have a shit disturber side, I just keep it locked away most times. :P

PS What will they do about this?? Will the Hive threads go poof?

The Hive is simply this. A command center that will organize,
distribute, collect and help to manage missions and projects. And will
assist in the collection of ideas from the Echelon around the world.

There will be no leaders - just trusted soldiers to help carry out and
complete online and offline missions worldwide.

The physical location will be in Los Angeles where there will be 'open
hours' during which Echelon may visit and volunteer.

The Hive is a MARS project and will allow you all to be directly
involved in a number of different ways with the new album.

Unity divides. Division will unite.

Keep the ideas going.

The war is coming.

Provehito In Altum

-MARS

#225 elenastef

elenastef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

why do you guys keep on saying that The Hive it's no longer associated with Mars? last week i received some emails form The Hive concerning the band, also the Transmission is made by them, their twitter description is the same as always - never had a 30 Seconds To Mars reference. As for promoting SPW take a look:
   The Hive SPW promotion

BUT, that been said i for one unfollowed them because i really don't care about SPW

#226 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostMistressred, on 21 March 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

PS. I am not condoning being impolite, I just know you may not get what you want in cyber space. There is an anonymity that allows people to behave differently than the actual if they so choose. I have a shit disturber side, I just keep it locked away most times. :P

understood. just saying there's usually places people widely know for that sole purpose of being able to act like asshats and it's expected because that's usually what everyone's there for (4chan, reddit, etc).

idk, may be just splitting hairs at this point :lol:

#227 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

That may be true, but Jeto really is not overly/unnecessarily negative about anything and clearly still appreciates the band in some way.

And who says everybody has to stay in their own corner anyway?

Sometimes being an asshat brings life.

#228 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 22 March 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

That may be true, but Jeto really is not overly/unnecessarily negative about anything and clearly still appreciates the band in some way.

And who says everybody has to stay in their own corner anyway?

Sometimes being an asshat brings life.

sorry but i didn't think i needed to be called a complete deadshit for an innocent little joke. if you feel that a little joke necessitates name-calling then we'll agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

nobody's saying to stay in their own corner. i think you're missing the broad side of my point.

asshats can bring life but it's not always a good thing, unless you're really that desperate for any and all life. in which case, again, we'll agree to disagree.

#229 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postelenastef, on 21 March 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

why do you guys keep on saying that The Hive it's no longer associated with Mars? last week i received some emails form The Hive concerning the band, also the Transmission is made by them, their twitter description is the same as always - never had a 30 Seconds To Mars reference. As for promoting SPW take a look:
   The Hive SPW promotion

I don't believe anyone said the Hive was no longer associated with Mars, we all know they are right now. We were talking about that fact that they don't make the association/connection public.

This definitely wasn't what they had on their bio when they first signed up to Twitter "Social media management, digital marketing and brand building lunatics" because I remember noticing it had changed. I don't remember what background they had but it wasn't blank like it is now, I'm pretty sure of that.

#230 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postshannon leto, on 22 March 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

sorry but i didn't think i needed to be called a complete deadshit for an innocent little joke. if you feel that a little joke necessitates name-calling then we'll agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

nobody's saying to stay in their own corner. i think you're missing the broad side of my point.

asshats can bring life but it's not always a good thing, unless you're really that desperate for any and all life. in which case, again, we'll agree to disagree.
I like your personality, but right now you and I are definitely disagreeing. Lighten up!!  :P

I've debated wishing this place was completely void...and maybe that would be best?!?!?!? I still would rather come here for any actual news.

No need to bring up names but other nameless people just get too damn weird(for lack of a better word cuz I am pretty effin goofy and weird myself. maybe..one of the weirdest). Their shit spills over and onto other people too much. It's actually harmful for the environment.

No I do agree with you that name-calling is not always necessary. However, He only told you that you needed to loosen up and that you were being boring to try and see if you would go on another level. I know that being told that pisses me off too, but what can ya do. Either walk away or shoot fire up their ass.

Sometimes the asshats are the only ones that bring life to this place. A few replies in a day rather than waiting a week  
(or more) to see any convo. There is no real news here, the band discussions are kind of pointless at this point and time pertaining to the music and/or marketing especially because you all just want to be on repeat and well, this place is pretty boring right now and has been for a few years.

Some of us may not seem to but we care enough.

#231 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 22 March 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

I like your personality, but right now you and I are definitely disagreeing. Lighten up!!  :P

I've debated wishing this place was completely void...and maybe that would be best?!?!?!? I still would rather come here for any actual news.

No need to bring up names but other nameless people just get too damn weird(for lack of a better word cuz I am pretty effin goofy and weird myself. maybe..one of the weirdest). Their shit spills over and onto other people too much. It's actually harmful for the environment.

No I do agree with you that name-calling is not always necessary. However, He only told you that you needed to loosen up and that you were being boring to try and see if you would go on another level. I know that being told that pisses me off too, but what can ya do. Either walk away or shoot fire up their ass.

Sometimes the asshats are the only ones that bring life to this place. A few replies in a day rather than waiting a week  
(or more) to see any convo. There is no real news here, the band discussions are kind of pointless at this point and time pertaining to the music and/or marketing especially because you all just want to be on repeat and well, this place is pretty boring right now and has been for a few years.

Some of us may not seem to but we care enough.

like i said, agree to disagree.

for the most part, even when shit is being stirred...it's still pretty dead. look around at the other threads, they're only momentarily brought to life by afterthoughts...or herds of bots rolling through like tumbleweeds.

if you wanna say shit just to say it why not post in the random threads in babylonia? :) or if you wanna post in a certain topic to bring it to life, do a little digging and present your research and ask what folks think! isn't that what people do when they want discussion/activity? isn't that what they still do over in the jared's blog thread? ;) they manage to get posts every other day at least, it seems like, regardless of what anyone else thinks of the content being discussed.

i just think that instead of trying to get under people's skin with insults people could try, oh, i don't know, injecting some conversation worthy of discussion and that is relevant to the topic at hand if they want to spice things up and get things going again. if that's not his style, again...agree to disagree. let it be known that i don't respond well to total strangers trying to jab or "make an example out of me" for whatever purpose they deem it is necessary for, especially when i feel it's uncalled for. sure, if i'm being fangirly, or not being serious, or posting way off topic, then say something and i'll reel it in. buuuuut i wasn't, and there wasn't a need to try to call me out. i had already posted some related content and his comments about me did nothing for anything i'd posted nor for the topic at hand.

now that we've traded a few comments, he and i should know to keep our hands to ourselves...or at least i do, and will steer clear as much as humanly possible. i would rather debate instead of exacerbate.

i've already gone on too long about this. it's because i'm stubborn :lol: i don't back down from people who don't know me that wanna act like they know how i am or why i do things

#232 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

I'm walking wounded here, all alone...

#233 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

OI! I'm not impolite. I'm honest.
Fucking idiots

IM KIDDING.
Smile motherfuckers.

View Postshannon leto, on 22 March 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Judy, step away from the thesaurus and shut the fuck up...dipshit.

You are all listening and thinking. There is hope.
This makes me smile.
Luv, luv, luv.

#234 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostJeto_9999, on 22 March 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Judy, step away from the thesaurus and shut the fuck up...dipshit.

i was gonna leave you alone, but you just can't not pay attention to me. should i feel flattered or frightened?

i will keep my thesaurus by my bedside in hopes of having a decent conversation with you one day.

and to think you initially respected me. whatever shall i do now that i'm a nuisance?  :unsure:

IRA, talk to your buddy there

#235 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

Frightened.

Ok.

No I didn't.

#236 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostJeto_9999, on 07 February 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Judy, chill.
I chose you cos your user name implied you had a sense of humor. You also appeared to have some balls which I respect.

View PostJeto_9999, on 23 March 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Frightened.

Ok.

No I didn't.

i'll stick with flattered.

#237 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

That would be cos you are an absolute moron.
Add pathetic and desperate to that now sweets.

#238 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

you're the one that said those things...but i'm the moron? sorry but i'm not the one still name-calling, i think that's more than a little desperate and pathetic. but then again i'm not the one talking out of both sides of his ass :) i'm done, you're boring and your insults wither away over time. at least be consistent!

kbye :)

#239 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

The KEY WORDS Judy were 'IMPLIED' and 'APPEARED'.
I've used caps this time so you don't miss them.

#240 pasiphae9

pasiphae9

Foreveroptimistic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,095 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Oh jeto, how did this forum ever function without you? :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users