24 replies to this topic

#1 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Seen lots of people tweet their favourite #MARSmemories. Read some great stuff. Thought I'd put some up here myself and see what memories other people have from these past years.

This is the life on Mars
I will never forget, I will never regret

3 February 2007 - my first 30STM live show in Utrecht. Great gig, got totally drunk. After the gig I continued with my Bacardi cokes and when walking to the toilet wondered why everybody, whom I thought were queuing for the jackets, gave me deadly looks when I cut through the line. Same again when I walked back through the line to the bar. Two weeks later I realized that the band was holding a signing and I walked past them twice with less than a meter between us. I never saw them. Haha. Now I get why I got the dirty looks for cutting through the line  :lol:

More stories to follow...

#2 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

my best ever Mars memory was when I got to help Dai with the GT's at Brighton 29/11/10  :D hanging backstage then watching the gig from the side of the stage was seriously more than I could ever have dreamed!! I got an AAA pass and a picture with the band and even got to go on stage for Kings and Queens  :D not only my favorite Mars memory but the best day of my life! Sad but true  :P

#3 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Well that topic only took three weeks to get approved :lol:

#4 diva1764

diva1764

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Without a doubt :

Manchester Central December 2010.
Was an amazing time !!! Battled the snow and public transport to get there, and got to meet so many new friends ! I was the one, during the meet & greet, that got Jared to sign a poster of Justin Bieber !!! :lol:. Got my spot at the barrier, and got to meet Braxton TWICE that night !!!!! Overall, f**king awesome  :D :D :D

And :

Belfast Belsonic Festival August 2011.
Didn't get to meet the guys that time, but once again Braxton made his appearance for us. The aftershow party that Shannon and Antoine did kept me dancing all the way to my plane home ! But most of all, us Echelon were out in force !! A brill night out with about 30 of us, to an intimate appointment with a tattooist, and a few Echelon holding my hand for my first bit of ink !!  :D

#5 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

17 December 2010 - Barcelona. Bunch of us ended up in the back together with the Spanish Echelon, the venue was like half sold out only. We threw all our bags and jackets on a huge pile, were pimped out with glow in the dark warpaint and bracelets, put our cameras away, got really drunk on 5e Mojitos and basically had the best time of our lives. We danced, jumped, didn't really see the stage at all. Had our own skip, hop, run pit of speed. Did some line dancing. I've got to say I haven't had this much fun in a long time together with my friends.

"I want to dedicate this song to these guys right here and to that group of very strange people that have been dancing around in the back the whole time. They are having so much fun. There is an entire group of people doing performance art in the back of the venue. I love you."

#6 Jibril

Jibril

A lying heros perfect fake.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

There are a lot of good memories but a special memory is when I was one of the lucky persons who got an invitation to the soundcheck. That was on the 11th of February 2008 in Cologne. 100 fans got that invitation due to making promo. First we stood outside the venue in a separated spot and heard the noises of the soundcheck from inside. We made fun and talked like: So, this is the soundcheck. Wow!
But after a while the doors opened and we came into the venue. Well, most of the soundcheck was done already. What we got was more of a private concert.  :) It had a special atmosphere and the official concert later was one of the best Ive seen. A perfect day and worth to remember.

#7 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

^^ I was there too, what I remember most from that soundcheck was an unknown song, such a haunting song. Don't think it is one that made it onto TIW (even if altered). I'll never forget it, remember Tomo making sure everybody's cameras were turned off before they played it. Also hearing Capricorn full band at that soundcheck, first time ever for me full band. Then hearing it a second time during the gig afterwards. :wub:

#8 J30STM

J30STM

"Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostJibril, on 21 January 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

There are a lot of good memories but a special memory is when I was one of the lucky persons who got an invitation to the soundcheck. That was on the 11th of February 2008 in Cologne. 100 fans got that invitation due to making promo. First we stood outside the venue in a separated spot and heard the noises of the soundcheck from inside. We made fun and talked like: So, this is the soundcheck. Wow!
But after a while the doors opened and we came into the venue. Well, most of the soundcheck was done already. What we got was more of a private concert.  :) It had a special atmosphere and the official concert later was one of the best Ive seen. A perfect day and worth to remember.

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 21 January 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

^^ I was there too, what I remember most from that soundcheck was an unknown song, such a haunting song. Don't think it is one that made it onto TIW (even if altered). I'll never forget it, remember Tomo making sure everybody's cameras were turned off before they played it. Also hearing Capricorn full band at that soundcheck, first time ever for me full band. Then hearing it a second time during the gig afterwards. :wub:
Above one is one of my favorite Mars memories along with The Tilburg gig in 2010 on June 8th. For me so far that was the best show I have been too, in terms of enthusiasm & fun the band had on stage. It showed & was totally infectiousness as the whole crowd joined in that feeling  :wub:  Would love to do that one over with all my friends!

Having said that, the most valued Mars memory I have is not exactly with MARS, but due to them.
My Liverpool Habitat For Humanity build weekend May 28th - May 31st 2009, with a couple of friends from all over the globe joining. We had soo much fun on the building grounds & in the evenings getting together for dinner & drinks. That I will cherish forever as it felt good to be helping out with something the band initiated! The best thing is the friends you make along the way  :wub:

Posted Image

#9 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

gosh, way too many to name, either directly related to or as a result of being at a 30stm show. i have quite a few friends due to this band (which i will always be grateful for) and have traveled halfway around the country to see these guys (and their crew, a few whom we befriended in a bar after a show and i still keep in touch with one of them every now and then -- he's working for stevie wonder!)

i'd have to say my favorite show experience overall (pre-show, show and post-show/bus time) was probably cleveland in march 2007 (first time i'd heard "a modern myth" and i sobbed like a baby...personal meaning and all that). the show itself was amazing (despite a small amp fire lol) and it just has some of the best quotes i've heard at shows ("beautiful mary, here she comes!")...someone posted a video of the giant bear that jared was trying to hook up with tomo already :lol: apparently that was a double-themed white night (the very first 'nights of the white shadow') and 'dress like the band' night, though i don't recall anyone else dressing up like the band, lmfao...which made their entrance hilarious as tomo bopped around onstage and saw our (very tall) friend jaime dressed like him (they had the same shirt on) and he started spazzing, lmao. later on in the signing line, we had to be cheesy and go "LOOK TOMO, IT'S TOMO!" :lol:

a few of my favorites from bus time:

someone came out with the cake, and jared was pretty adamant about people taking pictures of the cake. like, "TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CAKE. TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CAKE." lmao and then, the following happened.
[jared] *as if just realizing* the icing is black...
[me] *feigning offense* what's wrong with black? black is beautiful.
[jared] *stopping, looks at me, smiles* yes. it is.

(of course the whole holding-up-a-piece-of-cake gag was that night too, lol)

earlier during the show that night jared played a song he called "a silent scream" that he asked people not to record, etc, you all know the deal. before the picture-taking started, someone asked him about the song, to which he pretty much stated, "that's a gift. it's a gift for cleveland and if you put it online it makes it less special." and so on and so forth. (basically? don't spread it around, or else it'll become like the other secret songs from the self-titled album that people still manage to pass around and post.) and after all that? he added, "plus i fucking hate that song." LMAO

[us] we came all the way from florida!
[tomo] everyone's gotta come from somewhere. i came all the way from croatia. *grins and points*

whenever i hear people knocking jared for being conceited, rude, etc i always go back to this show. closer to the end of the night when jared was out by the buses, he seemed really floored/incredulous that 'from yesterday' was capable of reaching number one status. i asked him why, and he was like "i don't know, it's just that for so long, we've had doors slam in our faces, and i don't know. i just never thought it would be possible." and i just think about how there's a scared, vulnerable little person way beneath all that persona he tries to put out.

just too many good memories to not be one of my favorites! i'm sure there's tons more from other shows but that one always sticks out to me :)

#10 Becca0833

Becca0833

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have SO many but Im going to share my favorite moment ever. I believe it was when Jared gave me his hand to help me on stage for Kings and Queens.

#11 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

I don't really have a favorite Mars memory because unlike most i havent been to 20 concerts, i havent met the band personally, and i never licked their bus. I was just in it for the music and a little promotion here and there but I guess i can say it was the very first concert i went to in 2009 at the ogden theatre in denver. Best concert ever by the way. The kill played, the denver crowd was fucking amazing (good singing surprisingly they never dissapoint) and Jared came from nowhere, charged through the people and as he approached with his bodyguard behind, he was singing into the mic, my buddy patted his shoulder and Jared chuckled a bit then when i patted his shoulder thinking hey i didnt know we get to touch him, he pushed me and my sisters out of his way to get to the middle. Yea sucks being a girl. He definitly likes the dudes better. :)

#12 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostI.R.A, on 29 January 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

...and i never licked their bus.

:lol: Stroked it? j/k  :P

But to stay on topic, I think my favourite Mars memory is yet to come. Concert memories have been my favouritest so far, i.e. dancing, jumping and singing along to their songs, soaking up and giving back the energy.

#13 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 29 January 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

:lol: Stroked it? j/k  :P

But to stay on topic, I think my favourite Mars memory is yet to come. Concert memories have been my favouritest so far, i.e. dancing, jumping and singing along to their songs, soaking up and giving back the energy.
Totally agree. Mars is the fuel and the crowd is the fire. I have had so much fun at the front, at the back, in the middle and kinda flailing around on the floor. I've preferred some sets to others, I've whinged about the Hurricane video and I've climbed on top of people to Capricorn. Every single second has been worth it because everyone else has been there with me. Just call me a massive fangirl  :P

#14 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

I also have very impressive memories of Mars -the most are from the concerts.^^

But I've also had many -for me VERY important- moments beside the concerts just by listening to their music. You know; inspiring moments which get you away from all the mess of the reality ;)

#15 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostI.R.A, on 29 January 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

I don't really have a favorite Mars memory because unlike most i havent been to 20 concerts, i havent met the band personally, and i never licked their bus. I was just in it for the music and a little promotion here and there but I guess i can say it was the very first concert i went to in 2009 at the ogden theatre in denver. Best concert ever by the way. The kill played, the denver crowd was fucking amazing (good singing surprisingly they never dissapoint) and Jared came from nowhere, charged through the people and as he approached with his bodyguard behind, he was singing into the mic, my buddy patted his shoulder and Jared chuckled a bit then when i patted his shoulder thinking hey i didnt know we get to touch him, he pushed me and my sisters out of his way to get to the middle. Yea sucks being a girl. He definitly likes the dudes better. :)

well, you don't have to go to a ton of shows to have great memories. hell, the first time i went through a signing line i scared jared with a condom, lmao. most of my greatest 30stm memories are actually with the people i've met because of them. and LOL for some reason jared is so much rougher in terms of traveling in the crowd for some reason. idk why, maybe he's just perma-hating on girls because they always grab his hair and his junk, etc?

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 10 February 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

I also have very impressive memories of Mars -the most are from the concerts.^^

But I've also had many -for me VERY important- moments beside the concerts just by listening to their music. You know; inspiring moments which get you away from all the mess of the reality ;)

would love to hear a few moments! :)

#16 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Postshannon leto, on 10 February 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

would love to hear a few moments! :)

Those moments from the concerts or beside the shows?^^

#17 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

View Postgermanechelonsoldier, on 10 February 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

nice u pointed that out. moments with the music are the first experiences which then lead us to all other fun parts ;)

#18 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostAneczka, on 11 February 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

nice u pointed that out. moments with the music are the first experiences which then lead us to all other fun parts ;)

That's exactly what i wanted to say^^ But they didn't -and still don't- only lead me to those other fun parts as you said... On concerts I'm always kinda determined to "completely fucking lose my mind" like Jared always says. :P  It's always a great experience to be able to forget the bad things in life and just listen to the beats and see all those people having the time of their lifes -just like me! ;)

But then there are those moments -for example at home- when I'm completely down and don't know what to do next... Then there are those few minutes when I just listen to the Marsmusic (^^) and try to refuel the energy out of the lyrics! These are those special moments of feeling the connection between my soul and the "haertbeat of the songs" which make me open my eyes and which inspire me to do something completely crazy or new ;)

It's very difficult for me to describe this feeling but I hope you may understand what I'm trying to explain here  :P

#19 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

*shuffles in*

Okay, I've been trying to think of a favorite Mars memory to include here that actually involved the gig itself but the thing is, my best Mars memories are all about things that happened before [including meeting fun people before I even got on the first bus in the morning] or after [up to and including getting home the next morning oh BOY I have stories] or even in between, and really the before, after and everything in between stories are my favorites and some of my best smile moments. :)

But if you held me down and made me choose gig only related memories I guess I would have two:
Oct 31 2006 My first show, when Fork O Tuna came on and the band ran out with the flags and I was all HERE WE GO!
and
April 23 2010 When Escape played and the big white sheet dropped and I was all HERE WE GO AGAIN FINALLY!

And I smile. :)

#20 Sal_arg

Sal_arg

I responde to the name of Sal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

I second CandyO. My best memories are from before and after shows. All the preparation, all the costume design all the promo, the gatherings, the drinking, the group smoking wierd things ;-) and so. Specially the first time they came here in 2007. After like 2 years seen so many shows on my computer screen , when the show started here all I could said was "ok, this is it, seeing them live" and then blank lol.
All the ppl you meet and all your friends are the best part of my memories ...:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users