#221 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

View Postlaurahya, on 12 April 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Now that's a merch item worth suggesting - adult-sized glyph nappies, think there's a market for that? :lol:

:lol: But seriously, I think we should boycott their Twitters demanding at least one S/T song, start to finish, not half of it, not one third of it, but the whole song. Let it be a democracy. :unsure:  B)

I can`t believe the girl he called, Brandy, went blank when he asked her if she had any requests. I`d be like: `Bitch please, play some S/T`.

Another idea is for them to do another cover. Just one, to spice things up. They`re good at making covers sound better than the originals!

#222 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostMistressred, on 12 April 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

They had a chat that was up the day of, or maybe even before last time. Not really a chat though eh... more like speed reading 101.

Here let's practice...
ZomGIcan'twaitJaredIloveyouwillyouhazmybabiesshanimalIloveyourshoes!takeoffyourglasses,no,waittakeoffyourshirtTomoIlovecatztoonowwearebloodbrothersyumpancakes
Iamhungryyouwouldlookamazingwithsyrupalloveryourbodycometoinsertcity/countryhere. B) !!!!

LOL, chances are the chat is gonna be fast. Last time I managed to read some comments and while we were waiting for the whole transmission to start, I remember posting the word `SOON` there but never actually saw it come on the chat. I think the words in that chat room travel faster than light photons.

#223 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Thanks laurahya and coco, i don't read vyrt tweets so i didn't know about it. However i'm still a bit concerned cause a friend of mine payed for ticket 2 hours before i did and she got the email from vyrt within 5 minutes. I got only the paypal receit. Waiting for them to reply my emails :unsure:

#224 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 13 April 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Another idea is for them to do another cover. Just one, to spice things up. They`re good at making covers sound better than the originals!

That would be pretty awesome to see them do another cover! Hmm, I sincerely wonder what Jared said to Brandy on the phone, after slightly enunciating the 'pl' as in 'play'... of course, this could absolutely be misleading, but does anybody else have any ideas of possibilities as to what they are going to play or do? Haha, I can really only think of four...

• Songs from Self-Titled Record
  • New Song Cover
  • Brand New or Unreleased Songs
  • Stranger In A Strange Land  ;)

#225 AmanitaVirosa

AmanitaVirosa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

I finally watched the two videos of Jared calling fans about VyRT. With the sound off. (Sorry, best I could [tolerate]do.)

This is what I got out of them:

Call #1:

Posted Image
Banksy

---------

Call #2:

Posted Image
Terry Richardson

#226 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostAmanitaVirosa, on 10 April 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

http://i1025.photobu...ct/lunchbox.png
http://i1025.photobu...t/lunchbox2.png
http://i1025.photobu...t/lunchbox3.png

...I don't think we need to discuss the dolls again, do we?  :blink:  :unsure:

@ShannonLeto ??? Committing Mockery???
"Can a person really talk to ghosts? The afterlife?? I guess you'll have to VyRT to find out!! http://VyRT.net/mars/ "
Say it ain't so!  :o
That S/T lunchbox is kinda awesome.
No. No we don't. :(
hahaa Oi Vey!

View Postlaurahya, on 10 April 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

This mind-reading/instant-response thing is starting to creep me out. CandyO, are you actually Jared?! :blink:

MultiQuote doesn't work for me and never has. It just takes me straight to a normal reply.
hahaa  :lol:
errr.... no.
Wrong gender, wrong time zone and my nose is much bigger. ;>

Oh :/ Bad MultiQuote, bad!

View Postlady elena, on 10 April 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

OK so now Jared is ringing people who buy a ticket to say thank you.. Ah I don't know about this. Its crazy. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK.

View PostMars.echelon, on 11 April 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

it makes people want to buy tickets even more because there's a (small) chance they'll receive a call from Jared. And probably some will even buy a second ticket in case they bought one days before it was valid for the call.
Wait, wut? *checks* Ohhh...
Yes and yes, some will more than likely buy multiple tickets because of the prize.

Reminds me of when I was little and asking mom to buy a cereal that was not my particular favorite but the "free prize" was way better than what was in the box of cereal that I actually preferred. Marketing so the free give-a-way is more coveted than the actual product = savvy.

View Postlaurahya, on 11 April 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I can't really see the insult in there.
Thank you. Exactly.
Tho' I do reserve the right to lightly mock the wildly flailing ZOMG people now and then. Just a little. A wee bit.  ;)

View Postkate30stm, on 11 April 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

CandyO There's a pretty nice S/T mug on Cafepress but you know copyright and all that ;)

I know that's how it should be working and it has done up until a month or so ago but now like Laura my multi-quote button just takes me to the reply box so I can't quote more than one comment. I've asked Helios a couple of times to look into it but nothing's been done. Thanks for trying to help anyway.
self control self control copyrights... but I would like to SEE said mug???

Ahh I see, well rats. You're welcome. Upgrades maybe? Compatible browser issues perhaps. I have 3 different browsers on this box and it's astounding how many things on the internet display/function correctly in 2 of them but not the 3rd or vice versa, in random and rolling order depending on the application... and could change again next week!

View PostCoco Converse, on 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Additionally, I have a confession: In spite of my criticism some pages back, I did indeed bite the bait and purchased a VyRT ticket. Honestly, I might as well simply try it out to see what all of the hype is about before I comment any further.
haha awww you and the others confessing... nobody needs to "confess" that they bought a vyrt ticket like it was a bad thing...
oh wait. Maybe it's like when I bought that echelon pass lanyard thing cause I had a rough day and mithra on it made me smile so I clicked BUY IT not for any discounts but just cause it was pretty but then I felt the need to "confess" that I had bought it. Yeah. Maybe it's like that.  :P

View PostMistressred, on 12 April 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Here let's practice...
ZomGIcan'twaitJaredIloveyouwillyouhazmybabiesshanimalIloveyourshoes!takeoffyourglasses,no,waittakeoffyourshirtTomoIlovecatztoonowwearebloodbrothersyumpancakes
Iamhungryyouwouldlookamazingwithsyrupalloveryourbodycometoinsertcity/countryhere. B) !!!!
Kyte Chat memories!

View PostAmanitaVirosa, on 13 April 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

I finally watched the two videos of Jared calling fans about VyRT. With the sound off. (Sorry, best I could [tolerate]do.)

This is what I got out of them:

Call #1:

http://i1025.photobu..._ends_today.jpg
Banksy

---------

Call #2:

http://i1025.photobu...rywoodOHWOW.jpg
Terry Richardson
I LOLed at the first one.
I didn't get the second one. :(

#227 Jibril

Jibril

A lying heros perfect fake.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Im waiting for the moment when Jared is calling one of the loyal buyers and the one who gets the call thinks its a perverse call. I would love to see the reactions.  :D

#228 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostJibril, on 13 April 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Im waiting for the moment when Jared is calling one of the loyal buyers and the one who gets the call thinks its a perverse call. I would love to see the reactions.  :D
I would pay the price again just to see that :D  Unfortunately, I think they're screened to feck and back before they get on the phone with him. It's like, I'm pretty damn familiar with Jared's voice but I wouldn't pick up the phone on a random number and instantly reply, "omg is that Jared?!" And then not immediately start bombarding him with questions and requests. And I can imagine that 99% of the potential ticket-buyers are ZOMG flailing fangirls anyway, so while I'm not saying I'd be teh kewlest person alive if I found myself on the phone with Jared, I can only imagine what the teeny contingent would do. What I want to know is what they talked about in the cuts. Or more accurately given what we were actually shown, what whatsername and whatserface talked about, coz let's face it Jared likes the sound of his own voice :P

Having said that, I had a total fangirl moment when he cracked up at the start of the second video. Lil boy smile gets me every time. :unsure:

#229 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostCoco Converse, on 13 April 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Songs from Self-Titled Record
Nappy needed

New Song Cover
May cry (or spontaneously orgasm - cf. Bad Romance)

Brand New or Unreleased Songs
Can't. even. breathe.

Stranger In A Strange Land  ;)
Iz ded

The possibilities are... GAH. I hope it's not all fecking pancakes. Although if Shannon's bubble-blowing dog makes an appearance, I may just forgive everything.

#230 AmanitaVirosa

AmanitaVirosa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostCandyO, on 13 April 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

I LOLed at the first one.
I didn't get the second one. :(

Oh, well, I'm looking at the wall behind Jared. I do a lot of that, and there's a metaphor in there somewhere...

Yeah.

THIS is literally what's on the wall behind him. *snort!hahaha!!snort!*

Posted Image

---------

And this...

Posted Image

...must be what he picked up at Terry Richardson's show at OHWOW, "Terrywood."
http://twitter.com/#...830980212244480

I stole that photo from here: http://dailydujour.c...wow/#more-45555

which also has a pic of the one Shannon got.
http://twitter.com/#...196739156475904

#231 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

There`s also Mr Bones in the background, I think.

---

So I Tweeted Jared yesterday asking whether those of us who bought the digi-tickets as soon as they became available are gonna get a phone call too. No response. Probably becuz his Twitter is as fast as, if not faster than, the Vyrt chat room, or maybe becuz it`s not really a business move to do that. Unless you wanna think of it as an incentive for next time.

#232 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

I think you'd have to buy another digi-ticket if you want that call :P.

I just noticed a private number called me and i did not hear it and did not answer it. Damn it could that be Jared :angry::lol:

#233 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

haha awww you and the others confessing... nobody needs to "confess" that they bought a vyrt ticket like it was a bad thing...
oh wait. Maybe it's like when I bought that echelon pass lanyard thing cause I had a rough day and mithra on it made me smile so I clicked BUY IT not for any discounts but just cause it was pretty but then I felt the need to "confess" that I had bought it. Yeah. Maybe it's like that.  :P

Guilty pleasure B)

#234 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostAneczka, on 14 April 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I think you'd have to buy another digi-ticket if you want that call :P.

I just noticed a private number called me and i did not hear it and did not answer it. Damn it could that be Jared :angry::lol:

I don`t really want a call from him. I`d prolly ask inappropriate questions. But for the sake of fairness, someone from that batch of people should get a call, if he`s so keen on calling people. Just my opinion.

#235 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 14 April 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

I don`t really want a call from him. I`d prolly ask inappropriate questions. But for the sake of fairness, someone from that batch of people should get a call, if he`s so keen on calling people. Just my opinion.

What I predict, when the next time the band decides to VyRT, is that the fans will not go all out and purchase their digital ticket as soon as they go on sale, and instead will wait on purchasing one until an incentive, such as a phone call from Jared, is announced.

#236 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Fo sho, I'm totally hanging in there for when the prize is getting to watch them while they sleep. :huh:  :lol:

#237 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

self control self control copyrights... but I would like to SEE said mug???

Ahh I see, well rats. You're welcome. Upgrades maybe? Compatible browser issues perhaps. I have 3 different browsers on this box and it's astounding how many things on the internet display/function correctly in 2 of them but not the 3rd or vice versa, in random and rolling order depending on the application... and could change again next week!

Will PM you.

I'm on a different browser now and it seems to be allowing me to do it! Life-saver, it was driving me nuts so thanks for the suggestion  ^_^

AmaritaVirosa You have a good eye, well spotted and yeah the placement of the first one is a little tongue-in-cheek perhaps haha. I like both pictures actually and nice to see something by Terry that is a landscape rather than photos of famous faces.

#238 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

JARED LETO
‏ @jaredleto
Following

And just for fun I'm going to pick some early believers and call them RIGHT NOW. Love blowing my phone bill up. Boink! #VyRT

https://twitter.com/...946953775513601

:)

#239 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 16 April 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

JARED LETO
‏ @jaredleto
Following

And just for fun I'm going to pick some early believers and call them RIGHT NOW. Love blowing my phone bill up. Boink! #VyRT

https://twitter.com/...946953775513601

:)
Yep, and it was all his idea. :rolleyes:

#240 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Looks like your request was taken into consideration. No need for calling I'm all just good because I finally got my login details :D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users