#201 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 11 April 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Yeah, that`s what made me think he was mocking the `non-believers`.
Well, I guess that is one way to look at it, but I took it almost as he is mocking the whole thing. Like, it really isn't a big deal... but who cares, do it or don't.

I was a believer in them--the people, and also their sometimes awesome music (also, Jared can be pretty hawt). I never really believed in the images, style, the fantasy or even the symbolism/cult bs(sorry, but it just gets too 'weird'). Believed that they could succeed and do a wonderful job and blahblah they'rrreee GR8! That they could fight their battles and evolve, maybe even moreso than some others. Shit, I still am a believer to some extent...just not sure in what anymore. Dreams can be fun tho.

Those lies heal.

View PostJeto_9999, on 11 April 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

if the administrator here can't even be bothered to read anymore, there's not alot of chance the Letos are. Especially Shannon.
I can't even be fucked reading most of the shit in here.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Seriously.
Ah. Inorite.

Yeah, I was not insinuating that he was reading the boards. I don't think they have to, anyway. But also, For all I know he does read his tweets and people were complaining there, too. I don't really use twitter so I wouldn't know.

I was just pointing out the coincidence--and how it seems that he does seem to not take it that seriously, kind of answering the comments made anyway.

#202 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 11 April 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Well, I guess that is one way to look at it, but I took it almost as he is mocking the whole thing. Like, it really isn't a big deal... but who cares, do it or don't.

I was a believer in them--the people, and also their sometimes awesome music (also, Jared can be pretty hawt). I never really believed in the images, style, the fantasy or even the symbolism/cult bs(sorry, but it just gets too 'weird'). Believed that they could succeed and do a wonderful job and blahblah they'rrreee GR8! That they could fight their battles and evolve, maybe even moreso than some others. Shit, I still am a believer to some extent...just not sure in what anymore. Dreams can be fun tho.

Those lies heal.

I meant just the non-believers in Vyrt, as in the ones who criticise it. But you could argue that the `general non-believers` would also be the ones `not believing` in Vyrt.

As I said before, I don`t think Shannon would be mocking Vyrt, or it would mean he`s indirectly mocking his brother and the band.

#203 aseaofstars

aseaofstars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

someone has a little too much time their hands and its funny getting that upset over and post on the internet. Cheer up go outside or make some friends. Be happy

View PostJeto_9999, on 11 April 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

On serious note, your claim of knowledge within this post is as laughable as Jared's claim he is still a talented musician.

You all love me, or at least love to hate me.
Either way I don't care.
I am batman. Yes yes.

Disclaimer: this edit comes as I've only just bothered to read the shit you wrote in entirety.
Much like the j-rod

Aaaaanyways...

#204 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's called a job sweetheart.

#205 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Just saw this

"Can you keep a secret?... *blahblahblah*... But I think we may...I think I may pl...." Beeeeeeep LOL dammit!

*chants: play S/T! S/T! S/T!*

#206 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 12 April 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Just saw this

"Can you keep a secret?... *blahblahblah*... But I think we may...I think I may pl...." Beeeeeeep LOL dammit!

I was actually thinking of the same possibility, in regards to self-titled... it has been ten years since the first record's release, so would it really be out of the question for them to do something special, such as a performance through VyRT?

Additionally, I have a confession: In spite of my criticism some pages back, I did indeed bite the bait and purchased a VyRT ticket. Honestly, I might as well simply try it out to see what all of the hype is about before I comment any further. The interview Jared did with Randi Zuckerberg, with the points he made in interest to this not being a major, corporate sponsored event, are understandable and do make sense...
Hmm, one final thought, another aspect which made VyRT unappealing and was a turn-off to myself for the first few days after this upcoming stream was announced, was all of the flailing, squealing, and Twitter ZOMG nonsense that was occurring. I am hoping that during the stream, there is some option to disable or block the chat feature on the side, because that is indubitably going to be hectic, unorganized, and will very likely go by incredibly fast, that it will be near impossible to read any comments or questions.

#207 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostCoco Converse, on 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Additionally, I have a confession: In spite of my criticism some pages back, I did indeed bite the bait and purchased a VyRT ticket. Honestly, I might as well simply try it out to see what all of the hype is about before I comment any further. The interview Jared did with Randi Zuckerberg, with the points he made in interest to this not being a major, corporate sponsored event, are understandable and do make sense...
Hmm, one final thought, another aspect which made VyRT unappealing and was a turn-off to myself for the first few days after this upcoming stream was announced, was all of the flailing, squealing, and Twitter ZOMG nonsense that was occurring. I am hoping that during the stream, there is some option to disable or block the chat feature on the side, because that is indubitably going to be hectic, unorganized, and will very likely go by incredibly fast, that it will be near impossible to read any comments or questions.

I have pretty much the same thoughts about the whole event. Had to go through some serious battles between heart and reason. And eventually the heart won. The reason was beaten by the arguments Jared used in that interview and of course Shannon's tweets :lol:

Now I can't wait to see how it's gonna be hope that all 3 albums will get equal coverage, I wouldn't mind unreleased songs of course.

So did you get the authorization email real quick? I bought ticket yesterday and am still waiting :unsure:.

#208 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I got my authorization email with password as soon as I bought the ticket.  :unsure:

#209 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

I wrote them email, let's see what happens now.

#210 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 12 April 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Oh hell, that would be amazing. The occasional attempts during the shows were a major highlight. But I'd be interested to know if Jared can still actually sing S/T, and whether he/they have any real interest in playing it. They do keep going on about how TIW is so much more "them" now and how S/T belongs to a different era. Hmmm :unsure:

View PostCoco Converse, on 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I am hoping that during the stream, there is some option to disable or block the chat feature on the side, because that is indubitably going to be hectic, unorganized, and will very likely go by incredibly fast, that it will be near impossible to read any comments or questions.
In Mars300 I didn't look at the chat at all, the show was in glorious fullscreen :) Then again, that was in partnership with Ustream, so I don't know how VyRT will work all on its own. Should think you'll be able to get rid of it, though. I do not want to see the Twitter maniacs times a bazillion all flailing around...

#211 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View Postlaurahya, on 12 April 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Oh hell, that would be amazing. The occasional attempts during the shows were a major highlight. But I'd be interested to know if Jared can still actually sing S/T, and whether he/they have any real interest in playing it. They do keep going on about how TIW is so much more "them" now and how S/T belongs to a different era. Hmmm :unsure:

If they play any S/T (especially Mission or Fallen) I will seriously wet myself.

Even though they say that TIW is `more like them`, I think they should still acknowledge their first album. Even if it`s so different from who they `are` now. Becuz the S/T, ABL and TIW together represent a journey the band has been on over the last decade (and beyond). S/T is part of who they are now, as it is part of the evolution and the transition.

Aight, I betta stop before I get all philosophical and shit. B)

#212 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Right now all I worry about is weather I'm gonna get any response fron them :huh:.

In the meantime clock's tiking on vyrt.net so it's gonna be at 0:00 Polish time - I like that.

#213 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 12 April 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

If they play any S/T (especially Mission or Fallen) I will seriously wet myself.

Even though they say that TIW is `more like them`, I think they should still acknowledge their first album. Even if it`s so different from who they `are` now. Becuz the S/T, ABL and TIW together represent a journey the band has been on over the last decade (and beyond). S/T is part of who they are now, as it is part of the evolution and the transition.

Aight, I betta stop before I get all philosophical and shit. B)
Haha, be as philosophical as you like! Well said, and I totally agree with you. I love each album to a ridiculous degree, but when you take the three of them together they're actually more powerful than when they stand alone because they do represent that journey.

I suppose if they do play any S/T it would probably be in the same acoustic style they've used on the MTV Unplugged set, etc, so not what we're used to but maybe something new out of the old.

And OMG YES to the bold  :P

#214 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostAneczka, on 12 April 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Right now all I worry about is weather I'm gonna get any response fron them :huh:.

In the meantime clock's tiking on vyrt.net so it's gonna be at 0:00 Polish time - I like that.
Do you mean you didn't even get a paypal receipt? Because they've said they've stopped the authorisations now. Once you've bought, you're good to go. Although I'm not sure how that'll work - I guess you just sign in with your email address...

IKR, I voted for 11pm but midnight will do nicely. Witching hour ;)

#215 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

View Postlaurahya, on 12 April 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Haha, be as philosophical as you like! Well said, and I totally agree with you. I love each album to a ridiculous degree, but when you take the three of them together they're actually more powerful than when they stand alone because they do represent that journey.

I suppose if they do play any S/T it would probably be in the same acoustic style they've used on the MTV Unplugged set, etc, so not what we're used to but maybe something new out of the old.

And OMG YES to the bold  :P

It would probably be of the acoustic type. Which brings me to a question: where is this whole `concert` gonna take place? Is it in their recording studio in the Hills or something? I guess they could sorta, make it loud, with full on Mission, Fallen or whatever else. I don`t suppose the neighbours would mind. B)

LOL, we should consider wearing nappies (diapers) just in case!

#216 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

So what time did they pick?

And, they have a Vyrt chatroom?!

#217 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

They had a chat that was up the day of, or maybe even before last time. Not really a chat though eh... more like speed reading 101.

Here let's practice...
ZomGIcan'twaitJaredIloveyouwillyouhazmybabiesshanimalIloveyourshoes!takeoffyourglasses,no,waittakeoffyourshirtTomoIlovecatztoonowwearebloodbrothersyumpancakes
Iamhungryyouwouldlookamazingwithsyrupalloveryourbodycometoinsertcity/countryhere. B) !!!!

#218 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostAneczka, on 12 April 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

I have pretty much the same thoughts about the whole event. Had to go through some serious battles between heart and reason. And eventually the heart won. The reason was beaten by the arguments Jared used in that interview and of course Shannon's tweets :lol:

Now I can't wait to see how it's gonna be hope that all 3 albums will get equal coverage, I wouldn't mind unreleased songs of course.

So did you get the authorization email real quick? I bought ticket yesterday and am still waiting :unsure:.

I purchased my VyRT ticket on Sunday afternoon, and received a confirmation/authorization e-mail immediately after, with a link included to activate my e-mail and password. On the @VyRTnet Twitter account, though, I did take notice that they sent out a tweet which stated that as of yesterday, authentication is no longer required?

View PostMistressred, on 12 April 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

They had a chat that was up the day of, or maybe even before last time. Not really a chat though eh... more like speed reading 101.

Here let's practice...
ZomGIcan'twaitJaredIloveyouwillyouhazmybabiesshanimalIloveyourshoes!takeoffyourglasses,no,waittakeoffyourshirtTomoIlovecatztoonowwearebloodbrothersyumpancakes
Iamhungryyouwouldlookamazingwithsyrupalloveryourbodycometoinsertcity/countryhere. B) !!!!

:lol: Haha, that took myself quite a few read-throughs to completely comprehend and see each individual comment in that jumple... true, that will be pretty darn close to what I anticipate the chat will be like and consist of.

#219 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 12 April 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

LOL, we should consider wearing nappies (diapers) just in case!
Now that's a merch item worth suggesting - adult-sized glyph nappies, think there's a market for that? :lol:

#220 _niņa_

_niņa_

fabulously PINAY ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostMistressred, on 12 April 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

Here let's practice...
LOL! huge possibility!  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users