929 replies to this topic

#161 lady elena

lady elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Jeto Hurricane was written while Jared was in germany. He was working on Mr Nobody. Some of the other song were written while he was in sth africa working on lord of war. So most not all the songs were written before the lawsuit. The guys were already in the studio in early 2008 with Andre Doucette. Lillywhite & Flood worked with them in early 2008. Jamie & the rest of the crew came later. SO THIS I HAVE been told.  I'm sure you will enlighten me otherwise if I'm wrong.

#162 aseaofstars

aseaofstars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

I bought VyRT, and MTV unplugged and now this VyRT, while I think the band could do a ustream, or blogtv for free if they wanted like they used to kyte. I am disabled and I cant afford to go to shows. So its nice to be able to be at home and watch. Im well aware it will end up on the internet and everyone will get to see it for free were i had to pay but thats to be exspected. I dont understand why everyone is so anti-VyRT if your not into it then dont buy it. It's that simple! Why come on here and complain??????

#163 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

S.L.
‏ @ShannonLeto

"http://VyRT.net/mars/ Let's fuggin, muddafuggin VyRT!"

https://twitter.com/...484493344751618

Pheeww! *wipes forehead*

#164 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 09 April 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

///that's cuz Americans are lazy!! lol
:o

my lord!

View PostCandyO, on 09 April 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

But they made the lawsuit our business. Came in and gave us all the dirt, or at least the dirt as Mars wanted us to know it. *shrugs*
the self entitlement and invasiveness within that statement is absolutely fucking astounding!!! AGAIN.
at NO point did they make it YOUR business. they simply responded once to the delusion, ignorance and obsessiveness which the echelon were once again running with.

neither the band nor EMI tried to include you all within that 'battle' in ANY form. it truly is and was 'none of your fucking business'
get a fucking grip on yourself for christ sake. considering the level of privacy you yourself demand, what makes you think its ok to invade others to this extent? (RHETORICAL.)

View PostMars.echelon, on 09 April 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

exactly, and this has been a topic over here for almost 4 years, don't see why people are making a big deal out of it now
a topic to who? only the obsessed and deluded.
you seem like an intelligent individual. focus your energy on something worthwhile and you may just go places that will count.
place your obsessive compulsion in yourself.

View Postlady elena, on 09 April 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Jeto Hurricane was written while Jared was in germany. He was working on Mr Nobody. Some of the other song were written while he was in sth africa working on lord of war. So most not all the songs were written before the lawsuit. The guys were already in the studio in early 2008 with Andre Doucette. Lillywhite & Flood worked with them in early 2008. Jamie & the rest of the crew came later. SO THIS I HAVE been told.  I'm sure you will enlighten me otherwise if I'm wrong.
im sorry but mentioning a country they were in does not give me any indication of a time period. i do not care or take notice where they may be at any given time.

i do know from memory that L.O.W. came out around the same period that A.B.L did tho and that the storm featured in W.A.I.D. was recorded in south africa so im guessing you are talking around 2005ish??? i have no idea.

musicians hang out with other musicians all the time. its called a 'jam' or simply 'chillaxing'. to do this does not mean they are working. its what musicians do.
but for arguments sake if this was the case (which btw its not) they had ample opportunity to deliver what their contract stated and they all had signed off on, which as you can now see was legally binding.
i have nothing more to comment regarding the lawsuit, but am more than willing to speak music and the band with you at any stage.

View PostSpectralTiger, on 10 April 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

S.L.
‏ @ShannonLeto

"http://VyRT.net/mars/ Let's fuggin, muddafuggin VyRT!"

https://twitter.com/...484493344751618

Pheeww! *wipes forehead*
oh well thank god!
your mastabatory fantasy is complete. im sure shannon will be thrilled.

pheeww indeed!

#165 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostJeto_9999, on 10 April 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

oh well thank god!
your mastabatory fantasy is complete.

pheeww indeed!

#166 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

my youre clever.

have an apple.

#167 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

:o

my lord!
wut? lol ;)

they simply responded once to the delusion, ignorance and obsessiveness which the echelon were once again running with.
I agree

View Postlady elena, on 09 April 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Hurricane was written in germany. Some of the other song were written in sth africa.
I believe you're definitely correct about hurricane being written early on, but...

im sorry but mentioning a country they were in does not give me any indication of a time period.

What he said^!

#168 AmanitaVirosa

AmanitaVirosa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

@shannonleto

SEE A DOG CHEW GUM AND BLOW BUBBLES THE SIZE OF BEACH BALLS ONLY ON VyRT!! CAN'T MISS IT!! http://VyRT.net/mars/
http://twitter.com/#...586277367152640

Listen to Tomo sing under water while blindfolded while dancing and watch Jared levitate over water!! A must see!! http://VyRT.net/mars/
http://twitter.com/#...540716333121536

It's all a matter of maintaining the proper attitude.

Posted Image

Snazzy dresser, that Harpo.

#169 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Shannon`s a real salesperson. He made me wanna get another 10 Vyrt digi-tix.  B)

#170 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Late Happy Easter, I was going to post but it was too early, and then I forgot, oh well, you know I love you all.

The Vyrt will probably be the new Kyte. We did not get any sort of musical performance unless you include rubber chicken noises. Ok so no hunting for sponsors, we are it, we pay a small-ish price, if we want to see what's up. If they do more of this though, without any performance, it should be free, like Kyte was,but I guess it's not free for them to set up, so they need to cover their costs, but they don't need to make a profit every time do they???

The chat, if there is a live chat will scroll by so fast, the same questions will be asked, people will shout out how they love the band.... so yeah.
I don't think it is desperate to do some of this in the interm. They only just started their break, they can't be expected to go right into a studio. Twitter and Facebook is ok, but it is nice to actually see them live and uncensored.
I do want to see Artifact, all of it, I found it interesting. The tour DVD, I want to see/buy that too. Now is the time to market this stuff, in this lull, and to keep those new fans from straying too far.

So Jared owns VyRT?? Did someone say that?? Nothing wrong with being a smart business person, and knowing your market. There is so much still missing if you look at Kiss merch. Where are the dolls, and lunch kits and guitars, and back packs, and night lights, licence plates... etc. etc. :D I think a reality show would be drawing the line though... seriously. :P

LOL at Shannon's marketing of The VyRT.

#171 Jibril

Jibril

A lying hero´s perfect fake.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Oh holymotherfuckingjessicarabbitdamn, this Vyrt spamming on twitter sucks.

#172 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostMistressred, on 10 April 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

There is so much still missing if you look at Kiss merch. Where are the dolls, and lunch kits and guitars, and back packs, and night lights, licence plates... etc. etc. :D I think a reality show would be drawing the line though... seriously. :P

Perhaps one day there will be a Mars/Echelon burial coffin, available for purchase at a few thousand dollars, a la the KISS Casket. I first heard about that from watching some television program, and thought that it was quite a unique merchandise item... in regards to a Thirty Seconds to Mars related coffin, I can envision one being decked out in the glyphs on the side, and the Mythra phoenix on the top, with Provehito In Altum written underneath. When one eventually kicks the bucket, they can request in their will to be buried in the Mars casket.  :lol: Alternatively, it could be purchased to simply be used as a nice, big storage container.

Hey, now I would absolutely buy a Thirty Seconds to Mars related mug to drink my coffee out of!

Posted Image

#173 kate30stm

kate30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Candy "I might pay to EAT your spaghetti bolognese..."

Now there's a truly interactive experience!

QuietChaos "Saw the RT's.... why the hell is this necessary?"

Hype, sell more tickets, keep it at the front of people's minds... The more someone goes on and on about something the less likely I am to respond so for me this type of marketing is counterproductive, but I know I'm not their target audience/age group.

Aseaofstars "....I don't understand why everyone is so anti-VyRT if you're not into it then don't buy it. It's that simple! Why come on here and complain??????"

If you read back the majority of opinions being given are actually pretty balanced and backed up with reasoning. You bought a ticket, that's your choice and I genuinely hope you enjoy it, for some like myself we won't be buying one for whatever reason and that's our choice. This is a message board where everyone can voice their own opinion regardless of whether you agree with them or not.  

Jibril "Oh holymotherfuckingjessicarabbitdamn, this Vyrt spamming on twitter sucks"

Agreed. Mute button ;)

Mistressred  "...they don't need to make a profit every time do they???"

Unsure if this was rhetorical or not but I wouldn't put money into something I wouldn't profit from and I can't imagine he would - it wouldn't make good business sense. They could get to the point where they make enough from these VyRTs that they could break even instead and give a little back by the way of discounted prices perhaps, but I guess it depends on how many of these they want to do in the future and the total profit they end up making.

My issue with VyRT is not the concept itself, I believe there are good intentions behind it, I can totally understand wanting control and not having to rely on corporate sponsors, and if people are willing to pay then go for it and make money. My issue is content, like I said before, you don't know what you're paying for - no mention of roughly how long the interview & performance will be etc. I did do the VyRT for the Mars300 because I knew on the whole what to expect and for me it was worth paying for, in my opinion what is being offered this time, as with MTV Unplugged, is not worth paying for.

Excuse the quotes being a bit messy - I still can't multi-quote  <_<

#174 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Lurk, lurk, lurk :D  Not sure what it's supposed to prove, mind you.

How Much Do Music Artists Earn Online?

Thanks anyway, Hive.

#175 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 09 April 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Anybody remember the initial "Go outside and do something"...but now we're being nudged to gather around a screen? shrugs...
I totally didn't think about that. Times are a'changing ;)

View PostQuietChaos, on 09 April 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Yes, from the interview thing.. you still on dial up darlin'? :)  Didn't even think of it as 'Your Favorite Lunatic'.. but you're right.

My friend Pie put them up..
LOL - my math is horrid.. but it is what I saw/read/copy/pasted..my friend posted it, I'm gonna ask where she got it and hope to get a link.. perhaps that will explain the math? Or not? We are not even gonna talk about how many times I just tried to add that in my head and got different numbers :)

Or, perhaps it's kinda like the MARS #300 which was #309 or whatever? New math?
shhhh yes I am :>
thank you
LOL that explains it. New math. Mars Math!

View PostMars.echelon, on 09 April 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

exactly, and this has been a topic over here for almost 4 years, don't see why people are making a big deal out of it now -_-

0:50 http://vyrt.net/watch/ they can't do math. And there's no way 10% of viewers were in Japan and only 5% were from south america.
agreed.
agreed again. COME TO CHILE NOW!!!!!!

View PostCoco Converse, on 09 April 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Hmm, I believe I read that this upcoming VyRT on the twenty-seventh is apparently going to take place at two o'clock PM (I am assuming Eastern time), making this an afternoon event?

Haha, and in regards to the Twitter retweets of various countries, I am genuinely tempted to create a silly, fake/trolling Twitter account posing for either Santa Claus and his elves from the North Pole, the penguins in Antarctica, or a martian from a far away galaxy, stating that they are all ready to VyRT too!  :lol:
Wait, so people are buying tickets for a real time only stream without knowing when the stream is going to start? I just looked; yup, there is a poll to vote for when people want the event to begin. Now, see, that's a little weird imoho. Usually one knows when "doors" are at the time of buying a ticket. If I had been so inclined to purchase this vyrt thing, which I wasn't, and then bought it without knowing exactly when it would start on a day I will be working, which I wouldn't, and then found out it was going to stream while I was in the office, I would be pretty annoyed.

Bet there will be three groups once the time is finalized: A. The time is perfect and/or I will skip work/school/my wedding to attend B. OMG now I can't vyrt I might die but it's okay Mars is still AMAZING and C. I can't watch it this sucks you should accommodate me I want a refund [even tho' I bought a ticket not having a clue when it would start]

Do It! I vote Antarctic penguins :D

View Postaseaofstars, on 09 April 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I dont understand why everyone is so anti-VyRT if your not into it then dont buy it. It's that simple! Why come on here and complain??????
What kate said. We are just having a discussion. Unlike the people Out There who are saying things like If You Don't VYRT You Are Not Echelon or My Mom Says VYRT Is For The Money I Hate Her She Sucks or @MARSStore Request: Let's F**king VyRt t-shirt #TheEchelonDemandsIt or spamming what country is gonna VYRT so they can get a RT, we are just having a discussion as to our thoughts about it in here, quietly. We are not Out There demanding people not have their fun or have their fun OUR way. You are certainly welcome to give your opinions on the side of why you are happy about it, as you did. I am not going to tell you to shut up. :)

View PostAmanitaVirosa, on 10 April 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

@shannonleto

SEE A DOG CHEW GUM AND BLOW BUBBLES THE SIZE OF BEACH BALLS ONLY ON VyRT!! CAN'T MISS IT!! http://VyRT.net/mars/
http://twitter.com/#...586277367152640

Listen to Tomo sing under water while blindfolded while dancing and watch Jared levitate over water!! A must see!! http://VyRT.net/mars/
http://twitter.com/#...540716333121536
hmmm...
kinda reads to me like he's mocking it...
anyone else?

So Jared owns VyRT?? Did someone say that?? Nothing wrong with being a smart business person, and knowing your market. There is so much still missing if you look at Kiss merch. Where are the dolls, and lunch kits and guitars, and back packs, and night lights, licence plates... etc. etc. :D I think a reality show would be drawing the line though... seriously. :P
Yes.
Nope.
Yep.
Action figures with different colored interchangeable mohawks, beards and sunglasses or GTFO!
Mister Mars Potato Head... oh, the licensing ideas that just flooded my brain... ;}

I might actually buy a mug like Coco put up. Nice KISS mug.
Black mug with white or red glyphs on it; yep, even right now I might buy that cause it would be simple and classy.
"what's that?"
"Martian hieroglyphs"

View Postkate30stm, on 10 April 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Excuse the quotes being a bit messy - I still can't multi-quote  <_<
See REPLY on the bottom right under a post? Now see MULTIQUOTE to the right of it? Click MULTIQUOTE for every post you want to respond to and after they are all lit, hit ADD REPLY. The reply box will now have all of them in it. Edit down as needed, just don't lose the beginning and ending QUOTE bits in the [ ] brackets, and type your reply under the slash end quote after each post. :]

View Postlaurahya, on 10 April 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Lurk, lurk, lurk :D  Not sure what it's supposed to prove, mind you.

How Much Do Music Artists Earn Online?

Thanks anyway, Hive.
Interesting

#176 AmanitaVirosa

AmanitaVirosa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

There is so much still missing if you look at Kiss merch. Where are the dolls, and lunch kits and guitars, and back packs, and night lights, licence plates... etc. etc. :D I think a reality show would be drawing the line though... seriously. :P

LOL at Shannon's marketing of The VyRT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...I don't think we need to discuss the dolls again, do we?  :blink:  :unsure:

View PostCandyO, on 10 April 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

hmmm...
anyone else?

@ShannonLeto ??? Committing Mockery???

"Can a person really talk to ghosts? The afterlife?? I guess you'll have to VyRT to find out!! http://VyRT.net/mars/ "

Say it ain't so!  :o

#177 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Wait, so people are buying tickets for a real time only stream without knowing when the stream is going to start? I just looked; yup, there is a poll to vote for when people want the event to begin. Now, see, that's a little weird imoho.
This got me, too. When I was looking at the site I did wonder where the start time was listed. I bought it anyway because I'm in Europe so I knew if they were doing it in California it would definitely be sometime in the middle of the night Friday to me, so work wouldn't be a problem. I mean, maybe it's yet another Brilliant Plan to keep interest, make the whole experience more interactive, etc., but I'd be pretty pissed if I bought a ticket then couldn't watch it (especially since it won't be available to download/watch later).

hmmm...
anyone else?
Well, he's been validated now...

JARED LETO: True story! "@ShannonLeto: Witness never seen before baby twin dragons dance the forbidden dance...only on Vyrt!!! http://VyRT.net/mars/"
https://twitter.com/...933275966484480

This mind-reading/instant-response thing is starting to creep me out. CandyO, are you actually Jared?! :blink:

Click MULTIQUOTE for every post you want to respond to and after they are all lit, hit ADD REPLY.
MultiQuote doesn't work for me and never has. It just takes me straight to a normal reply.

#178 lady elena

lady elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

OK so now Jared is ringing people who buy a ticket to say thank you.. Ah I don't know about this. Its crazy. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK.

#179 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postlady elena, on 10 April 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

OK so now Jared is ringing people who buy a ticket to say thank you.. Ah I don't know about this. Its crazy. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK.

Did anyone see the video where he called this lady named Barbara, then started to play Alibi on the piano? Barbara seemed to be very calm, cool, and relaxed when she got the phone call (no fangirling or squealing)... I sort of wonder if Jared had to call more than one person, and await for somebody to pick up whom sounded easygoing and under control?

#180 aseaofstars

aseaofstars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

I like how you just jump to were allowed and opinion well that goes without saying. I just wanted to know why waste your time and come to the fourms and complain and put everyone down who likes it. Thats what i dont get. But noone can seem to tell why. Simple question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users