929 replies to this topic

#1 Pitchouill

Pitchouill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

I've noticed there is not topic about the VyRT thing yet... it's bad since this is the only new thing in the Mars Universe since the end of the tour.

And I have a lot of things to say and questions about that... :lol:

In the first place, I have to say that the VyRT idea was great. I mean, for the MARS300 it was the opportunity to share this last concert all together and it was great despite the fact that it was too expensive... (almost 15$ to watch a concert on my laptop? seriously? I didn't pay a lot more when I saw the band in live for the first time!^^)

But now what's about MARSUnplugged ? oO

1) Not that I don't appreciate the work that has been done by the band + edit staff! I know it's a lot of work to put these things together and all. But there's something that I don't get: how can you justify the price?
From what I've seen, the only difference between what MTV already put on their website and this VyRT thing, it's 2min of backstages and barely half of Alibi. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Oh and... where's CTTE?

I'm not against this VyRT, because it can be a good alternative solution for a lot of people.
I just don't get how 30STM uses it... I wish I could say that it's not about money. But lately, and with the directions that the band has taken, I really am wondering...

What do you think?

2) What do you think VyRT means for the future and how 30STM delivers its content to us?
Are they going to "offer" Artifact + the Tour's DVD in the same format?

What can we expect?

:unsure:

#2 alcea

alcea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

Personnaly i don't really like that stuff...ok maybe for MArs300 it was fun, because of the guys not really for the show..

But seriously for the MTVunpl...maybe if they made a DVD i buy it seriously but not for what we already have on the internet..

And as you said if they sold the "Tour's DVD" in the same format it's not gonna be cool...really not...

I don't like virtual things like this...

#3 maryarmy

maryarmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

I totally agree with Pitchouill & Alcea  :huh:

Oh nooooo  :(

#4 Potnez

Potnez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

What amaze me the most is how freaking happy everybody seems to be about it.

VyRT for MTV Unplugged = paying 5$ for 2min of backstages + half of Alibi.

Despite all the work and, I'm sure, the good intentions (:rolleyes:), this is bullshit.
I'm sure (well... hope) there is a good explanation for all of this. I just wish the band woud take the time to explain it all and stop pretending like "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER"...

#5 alcea

alcea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Nooo it was our Christmas gift don't forget it hahaha

i'm not paying for my own Christmas gift  <_<

#6 Marstruggle

Marstruggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

I think doing VyRT for Mars300 was a good idea! It was about sharing & receiving (thats a FRIENDS thing  :lol: ) & I do understand why they made people pay for it. Personally, I wont ever pay for Ustream because I consider that it supposed to be free as its a streaming thing, but I also understand people who paid to "live" the last MARS show.

About the Unplugged, I really dont understand why they VyRT it... Its really all about money this time  :rolleyes: They'd rather make it a CD/DVD, lots of peeps would be much more happier than paying for VyRT. They saw that VyRT worked very well for Mars300 & now they're using it again, hope that this "again" is the last time tho.

#7 Ju.

Ju.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

Ahem  :D

VyRT is a great idea for the concerts ! Really. Although I think the price is too high, the idea was good. Honestly, I'm poor, I keep my money for concerts, in real life. I prefer live concerts with my friends, in a concert hall, not in front of a screen, alone in my couch. It's my point of view, whatever.

Bref.

But why continue with Unplugged ? Above all, what's with the "witch hunt" against people who have downloaded the concert ? Okay, it's illegal.. of courses ! The staff removed the links, it's normal, I understand. But the denunciation? What's the fuck !?!
That's what this type of product created. Fans who bought it and judge others  :rolleyes:
I don't like this mentality. This's the opposite of the Echelon. I didn't think my bank account would be an obstacle to be part of the "Echelon"  :huh:

#8 Pépin

Pépin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

VyRt is a good idea... Yeah, at first. For the Mars300, a pretty good initiative, a good thing, a wish to sharing.

But VyRt / Unplugged shows the limits of this system. The risk of excesses. Paying 5 dollars for a show that I have already seen in HD, that is broadcasted on MTV ?! Paying 5 dollars for just a half Alibi and backstage (not all very new) ?!
Why sharing a file ? I understand the interest of a stream, but a file ?! :huh:

I'm afraid about the future use of it. I don't want it to replace DVD or other stuff. Too much virtual kills virtual, for what I think. It's not the same thing that an object, that we can hold in our hands. I don't want a file in my computer. Where is the interest ?
I think Mars could make more money by selling DVD than by using VyRt.

I don't want VyRt to be a new Merch.

#9 Selinem

Selinem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

I personally think that VyRT was a great idea. They did everything for us to have the best quality and really cared about us. It was quite expensive, yeah, but I think it was worth it. I really love to see what is behind the normal concert and this was a great chance to experience that. I really appreciate that Tomo showed us the backstage area and that they showed us the crew. And it was good people could only watch it when they bought it because like that the server was good and nothing went wrong with connection and stuff. So there weren't too much people and nothing crashed down.

But MTV Unplugged is something I'm personally not sure about. I mean it's only 5 Dollar, it's not much. And the quality is really excellent. But it's just... 30 minutes. They said with Alibi, but actually Alibi is just Jared singing it like at every other concert.. And CTTE is also nowhere and I know that there was more than only these songs. MTV Unplugged is only about money.. The church of Mars was the same. I mean first row was.. 900 Dollars or something like that... I think they need the money cos of the label. But MTV Unplugged was just too much....

#10 maryarmy

maryarmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Like I already said, I agree with my girls above.

I don't get the point of this VyRT thing... Okay for the MARS300 part, but for now, the band / their staff proposes us to pay to watch something we already saw weeks ago... freely. And all the links of free dl are deleted... Can we still say Merry Christmas or what ?  :D

I believed for years that this aventure was about sharing, wasn't it ? is it just about money now ?

I'm curious to see what will happen next...

And I'm curious to see if there are other people in the world that "disagree" with this story... It seems that a lot of people are happy about that... and many of them thanks the band for this Christmas VyRT experience. But how long do we have to pay for Christmas presents?  :D

Anyway... we just want some answers if someone can give it to us ! thanks ! :)

#11 J30STM

J30STM

"Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

View PostPitchouill, on 28 December 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

View Postmaryarmy, on 28 December 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Oh nooooo  :(
I couldn't care less about this VyRT whim Mr Leto has thought up now..but if they decide to sell ( no giving so far as they want cash!) Artifact & tour dvd's only in this format they have lost me fore good!

The MTV unplugged sessions should be as it normally is, viewable for all that get MTV, for free. So why all of a sudden get "fans" to pay for it now??
IMO they became greedy ( don't care if it's record company, management or Leto's decision, it stinks! )

#12 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

I THINK (although I may not be able to always to participate)*****

I do not know exactly how it all works. Do you download some file or is it a website that you can continuously stream  (it will never fade away) with username/password?

#13 Potnez

Potnez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

View PostSelinem, on 28 December 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

I personally think that VyRT was a great idea. They did everything for us to have the best quality and really cared about us. It was quite expensive, yeah, but I think it was worth it. I really love to see what is behind the normal concert and this was a great chance to experience that. I really appreciate that Tomo showed us the backstage area and that they showed us the crew. And it was good people could only watch it when they bought it because like that the server was good and nothing went wrong with connection and stuff. So there weren't too much people and nothing crashed down.

But MTV Unplugged is something I'm personally not sure about. I mean it's only 5 Dollar, it's not much. And the quality is really excellent. But it's just... 30 minutes. They said with Alibi, but actually Alibi is just Jared singing it like at every other concert.. And CTTE is also nowhere and I know that there was more than only these songs. MTV Unplugged is only about money.. The church of Mars was the same. I mean first row was.. 900 Dollars or something like that... I think they need the money cos of the label. But MTV Unplugged was just too much....

Seems to me like they only cared about the VyRT thing... Not even once did they RT-ed someone who was actually GOING to the #MARS300, only people who bought the streaming.
No wonder why some of us think it's all about money. They acted like it was.
I really hated all the fuss about it. Yeah, it's a great idea. But I found it quite disrespectful towards the people who bought a concert ticket and made all the trip from everywhere around the world to be there. What about them?

Nowadays, I feel like you're not a "worthy" Echelon if you don't spend MONEY, MONEY and more MONEY.
It's like this "Echelon pass" or whatever...

But that's another subject...

#14 maryarmy

maryarmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 28 December 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

I do not know exactly how it all works. Do you download some file or is it a website that you can continuously stream  (it will never fade away) with username/password?

it's not record company  :( I know for sure  :(

#15 Pitchouill

Pitchouill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

You can download two files (different qualities)

#16 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

I don't get the MTV thing either, I mean most was shown HD for free on tv. Also the comment on "no commercials" made me go "excuse me"? Says the man whose own personal website and band website is covered with ads out of their own choice. I've never encountered a band site that sells so many ads. Easy money apparently, ruins the look of the site and it crashes my browser as there are too many. Takes ages to load.

Alright was getting sidetracked for a moment with the ads. Vyrt, thanks but no thanks. I'll never pay for it. If the DVD's get released only that way, then they loose my sale. I'd only get a hardcopy. Call me oldfashioned, I like to have a physical copy. DVD's and CD's. Online stuff, streaming, only makes sense for me for live events, interviews, chats, gigs.

So I'll stick to other bands that stream (in excellent quality, also via U-stream and stuff) for free. Or watch the festivals, that stream and show it live on tv in excellent quality, for free. Unfortunately the band has these past years elected to not take part in these free livesteams at festivals. It's so about sharing right, not the money? Not. So for good old times, here's Savior, which was available for 0$ in excellent quality with compliments from Pinkpop festival  ;)

#17 Potnez

Potnez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

VyRT for MTV Unplugged is a a file that you download on your computer.
For #MARS300 it was a live stream. Dunno if you can continuously stream it or not. But you can easily find some links online to download the shit of out this thing on your computer :lol:

#18 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

I'm too impatient to wait for an answer.heh  :P

I'm assuming it can be continuously streamed as long as you are logged in (and I'm sure you can share your log-in for your less fortunate friends, instead of sending them a burnt copy (=more junk). As long as it is always accessible or they also offer some type of online storage...and now-a-days (here in.."the future") you can pretty much watch a video or hear a song as soon as it is released on your tic-tac sized smartphone-------I think it is a smart move for the environment. Many use the internet. Less Junk....

THEY SHOULD release the full Unplugged, if anything at all.

#19 Potnez

Potnez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 28 December 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

THEY SHOULD release the full Unplugged, if anything at all.

Agreed.

View Postpale_existence, on 28 December 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

IF you do not have the internet (which is supposed to be a resource for  many things, not just entertainment) or you cannot afford cable (not  mocking...I've so been there) I do not know why the heck you could  afford to spend $30 for a dvd over a $5 stream in the first place.

Except it's not just about how much money we can afford to spend. Well, for some people it is but I'm not quite sure this is the only real issue here.

#20 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

THANKS!

Ok, yeah I don't really get it. I do but I don't think I want to right now. For the live shows it is streamed only once and then avail online for free, anyway. And for the pre-recorded events it is a file (which can eventually be burnt or shared via youtube anyway), right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users