929 replies to this topic

#241 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

I like to be level headed (it doesn`t usually work, mind you) and think there were other people who were Tweeting him about it. Doesn`t matter whose idea it was, what matters it that someone got the phone call. Also....video, or it never happened. :P

I also had another idea which I Tweeted to Jared yesterday. It was about a little educational session (aka a lesson) on Mars iconography during VyRT. Now that would really blow me away. I would actually buy a whole separate VyRT session just for that.

#242 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 16 April 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

I like to be level headed (it doesn`t usually work, mind you) and think there were other people who were Tweeting him about it. Doesn`t matter whose idea it was, what matters it that someone got the phone call. Also....video, or it never happened. :P

I also had another idea which I Tweeted to Jared yesterday. It was about a little educational session (aka a lesson) on Mars iconography during VyRT. Now that would really blow me away. I would actually buy a whole separate VyRT session just for that.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU MEAN. *shifty* Yeah, I might have tweeted him seventeen times once or twice. ITA, though. I can't even remember if I put my phone number in, was there a field for that? Dammit. Anyway, I have this suspicion that he's only calling people in English-speaking countries though, just in case. Well, the video(s) will tell.

Seriously, some "proper" stuff on VyRT would be amazing, but I think it's all crowd-pleasing teeny pancake moments these days :( Maybe we can tweet him into playing Buddha for Mary and climbing onto the roof... :D

ETA: He just called someone in Germany. I take my cynicism right back.

#243 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

If I could have a little request for the band I would like hear them play this full band version of The Believer. The one on youtube is such poor quality :( yet it's mindblowing and it's been haunting me lately...

#244 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postlaurahya, on 16 April 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU MEAN. *shifty* Yeah, I might have tweeted him seventeen times once or twice. ITA, though. I can't even remember if I put my phone number in, was there a field for that? Dammit. Anyway, I have this suspicion that he's only calling people in English-speaking countries though, just in case. Well, the video(s) will tell.

Seriously, some "proper" stuff on VyRT would be amazing, but I think it's all crowd-pleasing teeny pancake moments these days :( Maybe we can tweet him into playing Buddha for Mary and climbing onto the roof... :D

I`d die for Fallen or Mission but anything ANYTHING from ST... ANYTHING... I`d be giga-happy.

#245 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postlaurahya, on 16 April 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Maybe we can tweet him into playing Buddha for Mary and climbing onto the roof... :D

He'd have to make sure first the cameras are installed on that particular roof :lol:

#246 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 16 April 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

JARED LETO
‏ @jaredleto
Following

And just for fun I'm going to pick some early believers and call them RIGHT NOW. Love blowing my phone bill up. Boink! #VyRT

https://twitter.com/...946953775513601

:)

Well hell yeah, why shouldn't the early believers get calls too.... is it just the people hanging back waiting for more perks, and bribery who get the rewards... really now! B)

#247 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostAmanitaVirosa, on 13 April 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Oh, well, I'm looking at the wall behind Jared. I do a lot of that, and there's a metaphor in there somewhere...
ahhh it makes sense now. Sometimes I miss the subtleties . Thank you. :)

View Postkate30stm, on 15 April 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Will PM you.

I'm on a different browser now and it seems to be allowing me to do it! Life-saver, it was driving me nuts so thanks for the suggestion  ^_^
Got it. That IS a sweet mug. *refraining*

You're very welcome!
So this one time I spent 45 minutes trying to suss out why a particular application wouldn't resolve code correctly when I knew it worked fine on other sites... finally figured out that a particular browser wouldn't compile the app correctly because it wanted the user to use yet another app in order to read it. #internetwars

View PostAneczka, on 14 April 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I think you'd have to buy another digi-ticket if you want that call :P.

View PostCoco Converse, on 14 April 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

What I predict, when the next time the band decides to VyRT, is that the fans will not go all out and purchase their digital ticket as soon as they go on sale, and instead will wait on purchasing one until an incentive, such as a phone call from Jared, is announced.

View PostSpectralTiger, on 16 April 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

JARED LETO
‏ @jaredleto
Following

And just for fun I'm going to pick some early believers and call them RIGHT NOW. Love blowing my phone bill up. Boink! #VyRT

https://twitter.com/...946953775513601

:)
Well at least that's sorted out now, heading off possible purchase delays in the future. General Mills might mail you the prize anyway later even if you bought the cereal before the new prize was in it. ;)

View PostMistressred, on 16 April 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Well hell yeah, why shouldn't the early believers get calls too.... is it just the people hanging back waiting for more perks, and bribery who get the rewards... really now! B)
yeah. But now I predict new cries of "Unfair!" from the people who bought tickets pre-phone call dangling and then bought a second [or more] ticket hoping to win a phone call only to find out they didn't need to after all.
Boy Howdy!  -_-

#248 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

So Jareds calling, but to me Shannon's the marketing master od disaster :lol: Only at VyRT

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/...6239488/photo/1

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/...9522944/photo/1

Who could resist...

#249 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

Now I can`t watch Jared`s videos on youtube cuz I haven`t got a youtube account. I am not signing up. What is this bullshit?!

#250 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

OK I watched it for you... was able to without having youtube account though :huh:

Jared: C'est moi Żaret Leto I'm calling... It's me Santa Clause HELLO
Girl: OH MY GOD
Disturbing brother in background: It doesn't get much better than that

Jared: I'm calling to say danke szyn

then some secrets being revealed though we cannot hear it

Jared's advice: Be good, work hard never expect anything but the best from yourself OK.

*needs kleenex*

edit - sorry for my horrible german

#251 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

:lol: Danke szyn for the transcript. `Żaret` is ever so flirtatious. Let`s flirt on VyRT.  B)

So, I apologise for my earlier outburst. I seem to be able to watch the phone calls but not the Haiti videos. Dafuq?  :unsure:

#252 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Are those squirrels?! That is awesome they stayed and ate around them like that.

I suppose VyRT could bring back the same 'fun times' like back when we would all sit in the threads listening to their interviews and hoping our questions were answered or w/e. However, I really feel like the chat will go too fast and there will more than likely be no order--which isn't always bad, but it isn't always fun, either.

#253 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 16 April 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

I like to be level headed (it doesn`t usually work, mind you)
WAY too easy.

ive left the country and returned and you motherfuckers are still having the same conversation.
riviting!

#254 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

And I was hoping you forgot to pay your internet bill.

#255 Pitchouill

Pitchouill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 17 April 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

I suppose VyRT could bring back the same 'fun times' like back when we would all sit in the threads listening to their interviews and hoping our questions were answered or w/e. However, I really feel like the chat will go too fast and there will more than likely be no order--which isn't always bad, but it isn't always fun, either.

I don't think so.
Because we have to pay for it.^^ And simply because "fun times" are over... since the moment when buying a ticket for watching a webcam show or not split the fans.
During "fun times" we had the same thing or even more for free and the band used to thank everybody for being supportive... and that was normal.
We don't have to pay for this kind of thing. And it doesn't even sound natural... Kyte videos of 2008/2009 were natural... (and not HQ that's right! XD) but we were more than happy with that because it was obvious they felt like sharing something special with us. Right now, I have doubts about the fact that this VyRT is only about sharing with fans...

But I still have to say that Jared is a really good marketing person, he knows exactly what to do to have people at his mercy... even if he has to play "whore" by phone for that.^^
I am just curious... past days he called people, today he spoke about Skype... what will happen next week? will he go to someone's door?^^
Anyway,  good job guy.

And I suppose he will sell the concept of VyRT very soon, just like he did with The Hive and Golden Tickets. That's certainly the main reason of this harassment for buying tickets.^^
Btw, I have to thank Shannon and his very special and personal way to promote this thing! He could almost convince me.  :lol:

#256 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 17 April 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Are those squirrels?! That is awesome they stayed and ate around them like that.
At first glance I actually thought they were lemmings. It would be fitting. But the tails are way too long. A quick google has me thinking they are Spermophilus Beecheyi also known as the California Ground Squirrel. I could be wrong tho'.

Lemmings would have been more amusing.

View PostPitchouill, on 19 April 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

I don't think so.
Because we have to pay for it.^^ And simply because "fun times" are over... since the moment when buying a ticket for watching a webcam show or not split the fans.
During "fun times" we had the same thing or even more for free and the band used to thank everybody for being supportive... and that was normal.
We don't have to pay for this kind of thing. And it doesn't even sound natural... Kyte videos of 2008/2009 were natural... (and not HQ that's right! XD) but we were more than happy with that because it was obvious they felt like sharing something special with us. Right now, I have doubts about the fact that this VyRT is only about sharing with fans...

But I still have to say that Jared is a really good marketing person, he knows exactly what to do to have people at his mercy... even if he has to play "whore" by phone for that.^^
I am just curious... past days he called people, today he spoke about Skype... what will happen next week? will he go to someone's door?^^
Anyway,  good job guy.

And I suppose he will sell the concept of VyRT very soon, just like he did with The Hive and Golden Tickets. That's certainly the main reason of this harassment for buying tickets.^^
Btw, I have to thank Shannon and his very special and personal way to promote this thing! He could almost convince me.  :lol:
I like your post. :)
Yes, the fun times are over for a good many of us. The innocent times are gone. What was before will never be again because everything changes. It always does. As much as I like to dig a good rut and stick to it, even I know that most things cannot remain as they are forever.

Silly Mars, sitting in a voting thread until the last moment, goofy kyte vids and chats, and sharing something with us for free has been replaced with serious worship, incentives to purchase digital tickets or vote, and credit card vs. paypal to get special insight to "the future".

Then again, all those ZOMG THANK YOU FOR LETTING US BUY THIS ITS 10 DAYS AWAY AND I ALREADY KNOW ITS AMAZING!!1! people are probably experiencing their "fun times" because that is all they know. More power to them.

For the rest of us, let's take the lessons and skills that we learned, and are learning, and apply them to our own hopes and dreams. Let us call ourselves interns, because we did a lot for free too, and use that knowledge for something else... something for us. I've always felt that the first and second waves were full of weird and talented people. Let's go forth and be weird and talented!

View PostCandyO, on 28 December 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

And we have a conversation!

"Give me VYRT or give me death"
in the words of Patrick Henry... Imma choose death. Wait. He may never have stated his choice. Ahem

A. What do I think vyrt means for the future/future Mars Content?
Well, as soon as I saw how much was paid out personally by the band/Jared in order to do it for MARS300 and then someone came in after digging around and laid out all costs associated with the vyrt thing vs. proposed income from virtual tickets sold and the profit margin Mars was set to make from that one show... my first thought was "they may never tour again".

With the seemingly huge number of people happy/grateful/willing to pay for a live feed of a concert far far away, the band could theoretically, in the future, give little live stream performances at TheHive and/or The International Centre For The Advancement Of The Arts And Sciences Of Sound via VYRT tickets and cut out the pesky costs of touring. Oh dear.

Was it fun for Mars300? I don't know, I didn't buy it. Didn't download it via ripped links later either. I had a ticket but didn't make it and still don't feel all that bad since the focus seemed to be on the virtual rather than the actual live show. I know some people who are not OMG BAND I DIE FOR YOU and bought it and they thought it was fun so... there you go.

The MTV Unplugged thing? I find that to be a money thing. Now, to be fair, the blog did say it was being offered as a paid download via vyrt because something went wrong with getting it up on itunes in time for Christmas or something, and the itunes thing would definitively be about money. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But sometimes the explanation/delivery by the band rings weird. FOR OUR FAMILY AT CHRISTMAS. As several have already pointed out, what is up with paying for your own Christmas present?

No, I did not vyrt MTVunplugged. I have mp3s from last summer and saw like 3 of the songs on tv, the old fashioned tv yes! at like 5am before I had to go to work and missed the rest. I'm good.

B. Are they going to "offer" Artifact + the Tour's DVD in the same format?
They might indeed. And that will suck if they ONLY offer them via VYRT. I'm not buying either that way. Number one I am on dialup, number two I could schlep off to the library for the high speed but I don't think I can be bothered and number three, there is something to be said about a hard copy CD/DVD with interesting cover art and maybe, just maybe, an insert booklet that might contain fun little moments/clues/mystery, which sadly, TIW lacked. But I remain hopeful. It's one of my most annoying/endearing traits.

C. What can we expect?
More stuff that the OMG EVERYTHING IS AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH RETWEET ME PLEASE crowd are willing to pay for. While one group may stop buying, there will almost always be another group picking up the slack. In this case, it's a very large and very vocal group. Things will be geared to them for the most part. Gotta pay the bills.
Since you brought up what you felt when you started this thread, I went back to see what I posted then. ^there it is, in it's full glory.
Why the fuck did you need to quote the whole bloody thing CandyO???
Because I can.
I stand by what I said then, 100%.

#257 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

GOSH, I was just trying to be positive! Lol..

I agree somewhat with everything posted^, especially about the lemmings (haha!! He would..). However, I do think they are trying to bring that fun vibe back. When we used to listen to their interviews and what not there weren't nearly as many ppl tuning in and... idk.

It's a shame this isn't tomorrow.

Holy shish the place he is renting looks amazing....

I am kind of weird and interesting, I guess. I think more weird than interesting, but that is kind of interesting in itself. Very dramatic....passionate (sometimes obsessive), texture-driven, open-minded, business savvy, bubbly-yet-cruel (maybe not cruel..but bitchy soemtimes), spacey, pale-existency, and uptight.

SO... family died *sad face* and I didn't even call them before they died *horrible c-face bitch* and I'm about to drive 92 million miles *wired* and my sisters said 30stm came on the radio right before I called *weird, I still never hear them on the radio* and it's funny I called b/c it clearly reminds them of me *not a clue why?!?!?!11* It only takes about 30 seconds to get to Mars...

Me, myself, I, and some family will be together for the first time in more than a decade (almost 2) this weekend. *pigs flew*

#258 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

@VyRTnet

"VyRT is teaming up with @PIH! Proceeds of ALL PURCHASES made FRIDAY will support the Partners In Health causeóMore information coming soon!"

https://twitter.com/...202495957385217

*huge smile* I love them

#259 Jeto_9999

Jeto_9999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 19 April 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

And I was hoping you forgot to pay your internet bill.
I never pay for it.
I make my wife run on a treadmill and hostages pedal bikes to power my electricity.

Read carefully people before wetting yourselves in excitement.

#260 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Oh don`t be so enthusiastic Jeto.  

All profits from tickets bought today will go to PIH. I would wet myself if profits from all or most VyRT tickets went to PIH, but.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users