30 replies to this topic

#1 HELIOS

HELIOS

[ECHELON]

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

You know what to do -- Keep it simple. Try not to be repetitive. Don't expect immediate or extensive responses.

#2 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Dear THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS

#1 Are you aware that as of today, Dec 23rd, both during lunch cause I looked for shits n giggles and just now cause I am a double checker, the tour section of the site still lists all 4 NYC shows earlier this month complete with links to purchase tickets... AND the golden ticket to mars link is still up on the sidebar and when I click it, it shows links from "Nov. 26, 2011 Vienna, Austria ORDER NOW!" to "Dec. 9th, 2011 CHURCH OF MARS : MARS FOR HAITI New York, New York ORDER NOW!". Might want to tidy that up a bit.

#2 Having read #1 did you run off to check and then grab thehive and shake them a little? Just a little. DONT HURT THEM!

#3 there is no number 3. I just happened on #1 today and wondered what to do with it and then Helios started this thread tonight and it's Friday and I have wine and I like silly.

:)

#3 missprovehitoinaltum

missprovehitoinaltum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

If you could do one thing over in your life, what would it be and why ?

#4 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

Who is Banksy?

But seriously:

Would you consider officially releasing some of your unreleased songs, such as Revenge and Rescue?

Can we have classes on iconography and the world of 30STM through Vyrt or something? University of Mars? With homework and all?

What`s the dish each of you can cook best?  B)

:)

#5 mememegann

mememegann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

If the tour movie is released anytime in the near future, will it be on DVD that we can order through the store or through VyRT? please make it a DVD.

#6 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

My concern is the music. Yea all the music you threw away. Will you ever unbury it and attempt at it again. I am sure they werent trash worthy...actually I'm almost positive.

#7 MeaghanT

MeaghanT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

hey Mars! Have you ever thought of coming to Calgary Stampede 2012 (or even 2013)? We'd love to have you here in Canada, so if you could make this happen, us Calgarians would be super happy!!

#8 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

We know about Shannon's collaboration with Antoine Becks, but do you guy's have any other projects apart from 30STM? Some spoilers please :)

View PostSpectralTiger, on 30 December 2011 - 06:12 AM, said:

Can we have classes on iconography and the world of 30STM through Vyrt or something? University of Mars? With homework and all?

I'm sure many eager students would appreciate such classes (including me :))

#9 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostAneczka, on 01 January 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

We know about Shannon's collaboration with Antoine Becks, but do you guy's have any other projects apart from 30STM? Some spoilers please :)

I'm sure many eager students would appreciate such classes (including me :))

That`s two eager students already  :)

#10 IsylyaEleni

IsylyaEleni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Do any of y'all have perfect pitch? Or do y'all just have relative pitch? -insert pointed glance at the violinist...-

View PostSpectralTiger, on 02 January 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

That`s two eager students already  :)
Three! Perfect size for an honors discussion class. Just sayin'.

#11 sueloves30stm

sueloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

My question may be a bit serious one, but I'd love to hear an answer. :)

Has traveling around the world changed your opinions about global issues (like nature, economy, IT, maybe politics, etc...)? Could you get an overall perspective of things or you weren't interested in finding one?

#12 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

If every band member were to plant a tree, what kind of tree would each of you choose and why?
My favorite, gracious weeping willow? Vibrant silver poplar? Or maybe beautiful Jacaranda? Or something else entirely?

View PostSpectralTiger, on 30 December 2011 - 06:12 AM, said:

I'd definitely be in for that! (eager student #4)

#13 XAutumnAngelX

XAutumnAngelX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Roger Waters or David Gilmour?

#14 echelonexistence

echelonexistence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Just come back.We miss you! Do an.acoustic tour?

#15 Fedra

Fedra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postpanacea sanans, on 06 January 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I'd definitely be in for that! (eager student #4)
Make that 5  ;)  finaly one class i will pay attention in.

#16 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

One student more!!!  The first school I would COMPLETELY enjoy, I think^^

#17 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Ah ja, wanted to ask if there is any chance for you to come and play in Germany or Switzerland again this year? Would be FANTASTIC!!!

And I think i have to mention that I still hope for a new album... Are there any plans like this you have for the future or will you concentrate on other things in live?
You know, I will never stop believin' in a sequel ;P

#18 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

There have been a lot of discussions about business and creativity.
So I thought, if there is a chance that they ever care to answer to that kind of questions honestly, what about asking to the concerned people what they have to say about it?

So guys, have you ever made business choices that were detrimental and/or beneficial to your creativity or creativity to business? Which ones?

(For the two following questions, really talking about decisions made during the creative process of an album and a video, not about the marketing part that comes once it is all done for promotion) Now that you are very successful, how much business interfere with your process of creativity and when? Do you think that business can be a tool to the creativity? How?

How do you think that the current public image you decided to show (thinking about the poster of live shows for instance) would be different without the financial expectations?

Thinking about the artists you really like, if business purposes became clearly the main unifying idea of their creativity, how would that change your own perception about them?

Other than business now:

You said in an interview (sorry, can't remember which one)that This Is War was the last of a cicle, the third part of a tryptic but you also said that with TIW, you might have found your real own sound. Have you found in this album the answer to "End Of The Beginning"? If yes, have you found out how to work on what's coming next without repeating yourselves?

With your musical evolution, do you think it is still possible for you to create something that sounds musically more "aggressive" a bit like "Santa Claus Through The Backdoor" or this is definitely no longer part of your motto?

Is there one of your songs that you really no longer want to perform? And in another hand, which one you don't perform because of the audience's lack of reaction, would you like to perform again if there is any? Why?

People expect a lot from you, always asking: "when do you come here, please play this, when will you do another vid when one just got released, can I get a picture..." but what do you expect from us? Is there anything you would want to ask us?

Got any enigmatic tips about where you are going to take the echelon on the next adventure? Do you actually already know?

To Tomo: What is wrong with Fallen? We were so HAPPY in Lyon when we heard the first notes and then...

#19 Jozrael

Jozrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

I would be extremely grateful if you could grant me limited express permission to use the song 'This is War' for a nonprofit music video for the videogame 'League of Legends'. The reason I need express permission is I am an employee of Riot Games, and our legal department would rather I not make a music video using ingame footage of our game without your permission, even if it was just done as a fan project.

The lore of League of Legends even bears some similarities to the message of This is War - a planet ravaged by war has contained all political maneuvering to a sort of virtual combat (where no one is able to actually die) to limit the destruction of the planet and loss of life.

It may be a long shot, but here's hoping :).

#20 tojupiter.

tojupiter.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time, now that you're done touring?  Is it a relief to have time to yourselves?

Do any of you fellas plan on getting more tattoos, or do you think you're done for now?

Jared, what do you and Bart argue about the most?

I have a question for Bartholomew Cubbins, if he's available at the moment...I know he might be in solitary confinement...again...but if not, can he maybe tell us how his fascination with vomit began?

P.S.  Jared, I tweeted you in August, asking why Bart Cubbins didn't have a twitter...then 4 days later, he had one.  I'm sure it was coincidence that I asked you that before it happened, but do you think he might have busted into your account or something and seen my message?!  I would be both honored and afraid to be the catalyst for that maniac sending his torrents of insanity through the internet.

P.P.S.  Bart, will you go to prom with me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google