Is it seriously the last show? :(

#2 Julchen

Julchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

the last show for now. They'll be back in a year or three  :)

#3 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

Speaking of the last show, anybody go to the church concerts????

#4 mithra phoenix

mithra phoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostMistressred, on 09 December 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

Yes and it was amazing. I didn't want it to end. :(

#5 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

View PostMistressred, on 09 December 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

ME!!!!!!!  Went on the 8th Dec gig. Wanted to go to the 9th Dec one as well but they were all sold out by the time I could get to a PC. :-(

Will give a review when I have a bit more time and back in the uk (still in NYC), which will be tomorrow morning.

#6 J30STM

J30STM

"Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Haven't been there myself, but had a couple of vids on my FB timeline :)

Credit: julesy101

Credit: ColdContagious222

#7 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Credit: ColdContagious222

Like I said earlier on FB, Love the acoustics in the church! Am happy though they are stopping as even during these songs you hear Jared has voice trouble. And I don't care what anyone thinks about that comment :)

Hope everyone there had a great time!

#8 panacea sanans

panacea sanans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Quite beautiful. I like the violins a lot (on the third vid). And Jared seems to be enjoying them, too.

#9 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for all that stuff up there, glad who went had a good time, I totally would have gone if it had been closer.
I can well understand if Jared's voice is on it's last leg so to speak, now he can rest it and get better.

#10 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

More video :)

Credit: agreggofsociety

#11 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

I have to say that I am really pissed off with the people that have uploaded them videos onto youtube.  All of the crowd at both shows were told NOT to film the gig.  We could take pics (with no flash) and that was all.

Anyway, the show itself was amazing, they all sounded great and thought it worked well in the church.  Jared interacted well with the crowd and did a story telling session to country music.  I was laughing so hard and can't even remember all of the what he said!  The atomsphere was great and don't think there were any fangirls there.  If there was I didn't see or hear any of them.

Someone on here mentioned about the M&G afterwards (think it was Mistressred) and it was done pretty quick.  Everyone stayed in their seats and the guys came round to your row.  I did feel sorry for the people that were seating towards the middle as they couldn't be close to the guys to say anything to them.  They just handed over what they wanted signed and that was it.  I was quite lucky because I was at the end and managed to have a little chat with both Jared and Tomo.  Shannon I think for the M&G was on planet Zog.  He didn't even make an effort to make eye contact with some fans, just signed whatever was in front of him and moved on.  He did look extremely tired so that probably had something to do with it.

Feel free to whoever else was there to add anything I have missed.

#12 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

Sounds more like a signing line...

#13 mememegann

mememegann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

http://www.mediafire...wjfrnjzdh6rn4kh here's a download for the audio of the full gig.

#14 erialcgrove

erialcgrove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

View Postemmaloves30stm, on 11 December 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

I have to say that I am really pissed off with the people that have uploaded them videos onto youtube.  All of the crowd at both shows were told NOT to film the gig.  We could take pics (with no flash) and that was all.

Actually, the request not to film (which came from the church, not the band, we talked to Jared about that afterwards) was only given on the first night. Nothing was said on night 2.

I was lucky enough to be at both shows, which were very different. The first one was hysterical, off the cuff and it was great to see the band so relaxed and genuinely enjoying themselves. The finale of 'Kings & Queens', with the three of them dancing in the church aisle, was just perfect.
Night 2 was different, more sombre and emotional. I think it was sinking in at that point that this really was the end of the 'War' cycle, with whatever may come next, and there were certainly a few tears by the end of the night amongst my friends and I. I have never been a fan of 'A Modern Myth' with all those Goodbyeeeeee's, but it was exactly the right way to end, with everyone on their knees. Shame the church didn't leave out the cushions for us to do that, pretty bruised right now!

I hope the guys now take a well deserved rest, and in the words of Bono, "go away and dream it all up again"

#15 erialcgrove

erialcgrove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

View Postmememegann, on 11 December 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

http://www.mediafire...wjfrnjzdh6rn4kh here's a download for the audio of the full gig.

The post that this was included with asked that people should make a donation to the relief effort in Haiti if they download this, since that is what the Church Of Mars show was in aid of. So please, anyone using this link, please bear that in mind.

#16 mememegann

mememegann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

View PostErialc, on 11 December 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

The post that this was included with asked that people should make a donation to the relief effort in Haiti if they download this, since that is what the Church Of Mars show was in aid of. So please, anyone using this link, please bear that in mind.
ah yeah, i forgot to link to the page with the organisations. i did when i linked it on other sites though. hopefully people will.

#17 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

View PostJ30STM, on 11 December 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

More video :)

Credit: agreggofsociety

Just beautiful!!!!

So weird to think that this two year tour is over.. if you think about it, it flew by so quick. My daughter was only 5 months old when they started! She turns 2.5 this month.  :o

#18 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

View Postemmaloves30stm, on 11 December 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

The footage is to clear & good to be filmed with a mobile phone, so I have my questions with those restriction...

View PostErialc, on 11 December 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

Actually, the request not to film (which came from the church, not the band, we talked to Jared about that afterwards) was only given on the first night. Nothing was said on night 2.
Thanks Claire :) That clears it all up, as what I thought when seeing the footage is written above.

Glad you had a good time & someway I can understand the 2nd night being different in it's execution...

Now I only hope that they will really take a break at first to rest up fully before embarking onto other projects that will eat their time.

#19 MyThoughtsNotYours

MyThoughtsNotYours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

I need help! I have audio from the last 35 mins of the show on Dec 8th, some of it is good, some not so good.  It was recorded as video on my camera but it was too dark for my shitty camera most of the time.  Now normally I would just think "hey that's kinda cool to have" and I would put it on my computer and be done with it.  BUT in this case, I have the full recording of The Rescue, Revenge and Amazing Grace, which I would like to share with everyone.  The problem is, I recorded it in just three segments that are 8 min, 12 mins and 15 mins long and I don't know how to edit it to get all the crappy stuff out and just upload the good songs.  So if there is anyone out there that knows how to do that, or possibly improve the sound quality, PLEASE help me!! Thank you

#20 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

View Posterialcgrove, on 11 December 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

Shouldn't really matter where it has come from, it should be respected whoever made the request!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users