18 replies to this topic

#1 rayn33

rayn33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

I just wanted to say Thank You for the opportunity to watch this via the internet.  I was heartbroken I wasn't able to attend in person.  This band means the world to me and I was glad I could share the experience with the rest of my Echelon family.  

It was great to go backstage with the band and get a little insight on the workings of this amazing band.  

You guys never fail to inspire me and watching you live really inspires me to go for my dreams and not be satisfied with a mundane and okay life.  Okay should never be enough!  Thank you guys and I can't wait for what comes next for us!!

#2 JadeCrow33

JadeCrow33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

View Postrayn33, on 07 December 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

I just wanted to say Thank You for the opportunity to watch this via the internet.  I was heartbroken I wasn't able to attend in person.  This band means the world to me and I was glad I could share the experience with the rest of my Echelon family.  

It was great to go backstage with the band and get a little insight on the workings of this amazing band.  

You guys never fail to inspire me and watching you live really inspires me to go for my dreams and not be satisfied with a mundane and okay life.  Okay should never be enough!  Thank you guys and I can't wait for what comes next for us!!

Hear hear, Rayn! It was such an amazing experience. Leave it to MARS to make history like this.

#3 foxx

foxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

They were amazing. Even though, there were few technical problems, we can't blame 30STM there, that was VyRT conection problems.
I was so amazed to see the backstage and the show- LIVE- but still not being in NYC.
I have this some kind of vibration in me right now, it is like misterious way of harmony. I love it, I adore it, and it's all here, in me, thanks to Mars300.
It was so close before I cryed my eyes out on 'Alibi'. I have always loved to here it live. And more over, the idea, that I, being were I am, in Latvia, Riga, small office with other latvian Echelons watching that, what is happening on the other side of the Earth, in NYC, America, it the same time.
Hope that the girl is okay, I am adored by that, how careful Jared, Shannon and Tomo are. (And how weird they are, aswell, of course.)

I know, this thought is in everyone's head, but I still can't believe that this is it. Silence for a long time starting from now. Rest, making new stuff, I hope. I know, they'll be back, I know they'll be back at least once more. <3

#4 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

View Postfoxx, on 08 December 2011 - 07:28 AM, said:

They were amazing. Even though, there were few technical problems, we can't blame 30STM there, that was VyRT conection problems.
I was so amazed to see the backstage and the show- LIVE- but still not being in NYC.
I have this some kind of vibration in me right now, it is like misterious way of harmony. I love it, I adore it, and it's all here, in me, thanks to Mars300.
It was so close before I cryed my eyes out on 'Alibi'. I have always loved to here it live. And more over, the idea, that I, being were I am, in Latvia, Riga, small office with other latvian Echelons watching that, what is happening on the other side of the Earth, in NYC, America, it the same time.
Hope that the girl is okay, I am adored by that, how careful Jared, Shannon and Tomo are. (And how weird they are, aswell, of course.)

I know, this thought is in everyone's head, but I still can't believe that this is it. Silence for a long time starting from now. Rest, making new stuff, I hope. I know, they'll be back, I know they'll be back at least once more. <3

That was really sweet  :)

#5 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Vyrt was fucking magic! Nevermind the lack of sleep. I`d do it again! I cried a little at the end of K&Q cuz I saw a close up of Shannon and it looked like he was really taking it all in - like knowing that these few last beats on the drum are really the few last beats - it was written all over his face (at least according to my emotiono-visual receptors). They`ll be back though. Sooo-*cough*-ooon.

Surprise of the night? Jared thanking EMI?  :blink:

#6 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

I missed it!!!! I heard they played st too! I have seen a few interviews that were recorded and backstage footage. If anyone has any more links to downloads/ video from the show and OF the actual show please link me! I had to work.. seems to have been an awesome neat time though! Love these guys!

#7 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

I watched...I loved it...my first Mars show ever!!!!!!
My fav part was the encore...before the accident...Old School ROCKED! :D

#8 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

http://www.jared-let...-mars300-videos (Some clips)

I was told that the vyrt show is here, it is not on the vyrt Mars channel at the moment. Shannon was a bit misty eyed... imho,and Jared left suddenly after saying the last goodbyes, left Tomo to mumble about till he got back. I dunno, I don't think there was a dry eye in house tbh. I had kleenexez nearby... you wanna make something of it! :angry:

#9 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

View PostMistressred, on 08 December 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

http://www.jared-let...-mars300-videos (Some clips)

I was told that the vyrt show is here, it is not on the vyrt Mars channel at the moment. Shannon was a bit misty eyed... imho,and Jared left suddenly after saying the last goodbyes, left Tomo to mumble about till he got back. I dunno, I don't think there was a dry eye in house tbh. I had kleenexez nearby... you wanna make something of it! :angry:

I hazed Kleenexez too

#10 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

To me, this stream was just a way to "share" a last show with the guys and "say goodbye".

I didn't expect anything extraordinary nor nothing in particular, so I actually got some good surprises with the setlist.
I was pleased to hear some specific titles full band even thought they seem to no longer really know how to play them lol! But it was fun  to see some exchanges of looks or smiles when they did something wrong thanks to the close-up.

I liked a lot  CTTE, very good energy from both the band and the audience. Jared's voice was poor but he managed to handle his acoustic part.
The Marsmen seemed to be rather tired but gave everything they had to make the show. Though, I think I also should take into consideration that when you live a show through a computer screen, the perception changes and you definitely focus on different aspects of the performance. But yesterday, I thought it is a good thing for the guys to take a break right now.

Technically, the stream was excellent during the show. Good sound, beautiful image. There were two or three lags but nothing serious.

The backstage part that happened right before the show was fun but a bit chaotic technically. I had to refresh the page regularly.
Jared took to heart his part as a host and also wanted to make sure that everything were going smooth for everybody with the VyRT (he probably knew about the big mess with the codes, will come back to this later).
Tomo was rather funny, both a bit uncomfortable and touching at times. Shannon, well, it didn't seem to be his cup of tea lol! but played his part anyway and was fun.

The Q&A was poor, short, no interesting questions but the chat, at least at my side, barely worked. Twice, I managed to write a message but it crashed while sending. Don't know if they went through. Too bad, I had worked on a few questions lol!

Same difficulties with the after show and had to refresh several time. This part didn't last long. Probably because they were lacking of time after the incidence that happened in the crowd.
But never mind it didn't last long, goodbyes are emotional. In my point of view, it wasn't a bad idea to make it short.

About the American audience, they are quite different from the European one. They seem to not take anything seriously and just wanna enjoy themselves the second they get into the venue until the end of the show. I hope I'll have the possibility to experience a show of the Marsmen someday over there.

To the question, would I buy again for this type of ticket? Only for a very special event like yesterday. Better than nothing.
I don't know much about this technology, so the quality during the show certainly cost a lot of money and even though I think this is a bit expensive for this kind of thing maybe it is justified.
But as far as I'm concerned, for a regular show, living it in my apartment is a bit frustrating. I like rock and if I'm not a fan of big venue, there is nothing like to live it real, capture the energy of the band on stage and get wild :)

#11 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

http://www.livestream.com/maluechelon

try this to see the vyrt stream I tried it though and it jumps around, like lag was recorded..?

#12 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

View PostMistressred, on 08 December 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

http://www.livestream.com/maluechelon

try this to see the vyrt stream I tried it though and it jumps around, like lag was recorded..?
My stream was excellent, no lags at all except the couple of times they had technical issues on their end. I even recorded the whole thing too, but I think my software/computer had a breakdown trying to encode 2 hours of video and now all I've got is videos of the backstage stuff, a video of the second part of K&Q after Jared came back on, and sound from the main show. I'm so annoyed I could scream  :angry:   It was an amazing show though, I can't imagine what it was like live!

#13 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

i managed to find the VyRT show on this link, A friend of mine posted it to her facebook, since she was in it kinda, the sound quality wasnt so great, i had my volume up All the way but still had to watch it in my room with no other sounds Around (tv etc) theres A good several minutes of just nothing in the beginning but the crowd, And the infamous stopping of the show when the girl got hurt And A lot of silence Again, but it does come back At the end...since i missed it when it Aired And couldnt get to the show im really not to upset About the way the video plays:)

#14 django

django

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

I'm not sure what kind of internet hookup is required to get a smoothly running upstream. I don't have the latest in computer equipment and, therefore, had a lost of trouble connecting at the beginning of the show...also what I did finally get was very jerky. Skipped around, etc. and then finally crashed about a third of the way through. I wish VyRT could have given more details about what the optimal specifications were for receiving this transmission. And I'm curious about just how many people who signed up were able to actually get a good transmission. It's one thing to pay $14.95 for a show and another to have to spend thousands to update one's computer. Perhaps Mars with all its up-to-date knowledge about such things would do well to remember that a great many people might find it difficult to access the band's web innovations.

That being said, what I did see was fabulous. Maybe it was the size of the stage but Jared finally acted like a confident, calm professional. No frantic attempts to whip the audience into a frenzy, no overbearing shrieking for crowd participation, no barrage of effing this and that, just a rather calm and beautifully sung show...much more contained than when I saw the guys at Roseland two years ago. He may be tired but he's finally gained confidence and letting the music speak for itself. Bravo.

#15 Lauramac

Lauramac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

I originally had tickets to see the show on the 6th and then ended up having to cancel my trip. Getting those tickets in the mail and then having to turn around and sell them just about killed me so I was beyond thrilled when they announced the whole VyRT thing. Honestly, $14.95 was a fair price to me and I paid it with no hesitations. Once I logged in, I had no problems whatsoever - excellent video quality, excellent sound and the only time I really had any lag at all was when they were having problems on their end. I was connected on a hardline and used headphones - my computer is also 3 years old, however, it is/was a gaming computer so I probably have some better internal equipment than most over the counter systems.

I wanted to be there so bad, and still wish I could have been, but being able to purchase a virtual ticket was better than nothing and I would do it again in a heartbeat, if that was the only option left to me again. Optimally, I'd still rather see them live but at least I was able to watch the concert and share in the experience with the band and everyone else. Having the backstage access was cool too. The show was phenomenal. You could tell the guys were tired, and Jared's voice needs to rest, but he did a fantastic job on the acoustic songs so I think part of it may be trying to sing louder over the music but honestly, and without trying to make excuses for him, after 300+ shows, it's kind of to be expected. I've read articles about other singers where they've toured too long and ended up having problems with their voice, needing surgery, etc. and I would hate to see that happen to Jared's voice so I'm glad they are taking a break - it is much needed for them and well deserved. Just looking forward to them coming back!

I hope the girls that were injured are okay. We never really got a report on the second girl (that I've seen, at least).

#16 b3xy

b3xy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

I used my laptop with a WIFI connection (I dont have an option to use a hardline) and it was perfect for me, I am so glad I took part in it and I hope we might get some more in the future. It was fun and even after it ended I spent a while in the chat talking to a few people in there, I would have hated not being part of it all.

#17 JulieBenco

JulieBenco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

You can re-watch the whole show in HD here -> http://www.youtube.c...d?feature=watch

#18 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

View PostJulieBenco, on 12 December 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

You can re-watch the whole show in HD here -> http://www.youtube.c...d?feature=watch

Damn was the s/t part of that show incredible. Maybe because we hadn't heard it in so long. Clusterfuck for sure but so fun!

#19 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

Very happy for and proud of all who attended virtually, mentally, and in person.

I (fortunately or unfortunately, that is THE question) did not physically participate. However, I did send a lot of good, strong/brave, heartfelt and emotional vibes. (Probably about an hour or two before the show, I'd guess.) I definitely felt like I was there during the show as I stared out the window and up at the stars. I apparently didn't need to stream via the web...I felt it.

I'd love to know what Shannon whispered to Jared as he (Jared) was about to speak to the "true believers".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users