21 replies to this topic

#1 Hope Jones

Hope Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

I REALLY WANT TO GO TO CONCERT ON DEC 8 BUT GETTING TO NEW YORK FTOM WALES IS VERY EXPENSIVE! but I REALLY want to go! So bad actually that for the last 2 nights I have had a dream about going to the concert! :( :( :( AARRGGHH I REALLY WANNA GO!!! XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

#2 Fatima F

Fatima F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

There's no way on earth I could make it, even if I had the money.
I only want to attend for one reason and that is to give them something, but unfortunately, not a chance! :(

Haven't you seen them before?

#3 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

I want to. I probably could, but prolly won't.

GOOODLUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK XXXXxxxxxxxxxxOx.

#4 DavinaMars

DavinaMars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

I would love to go, it's likely to be one of their best concerts with it being such a landmark for the band. I really wish I could go, but there is no way I would be able to since it is in New York :(

#5 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Church of Mars.....

=o/

I really would go.

Hmm...they should totally baptize people with fake blood and then toss white feathers and black glitter on them.

#6 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

You know what would have been fab? One small really special goodbye gig in one city on each of the continents. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa... hmm little tour du monde :lol:

#7 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

"WHO ELSE WANTS TO GO TO LAST CONCERT?!"

Well, I *was* going to the Last Concert on Dec 7th until suddenly it wasn't the last one anymore.

#MARS301 or something.
*wanders off*

#8 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Actually that'd be #MARS299  :o

#9 b3xy

b3xy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

I would love to but seeing as I live near London, have no money left (after going to see them in Europe) and have no time to go traveling again (my university supervisor might actually kill me if I dont finish my MSc soon!)I will have to miss it, but I hope anyone who does go has an amazing time it definately will be amazing.

That being said if I win the lottery or somehow get my hands on some money I would definately go....anyone fancy kidnapping me and taking me!

#10 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

The whole Transporter thing never happened, so here we are, years after Star Trek, and still no way to "Beam me up Scottie" What's up with that?????? I'm sorely disappointed I tell you. :angry:

#11 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 22 November 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

Actually that'd be #MARS299  :o
INORITE?

I keep trying to figure it out... is Dec 7th really #299 now [despite "300th Show" printed on my ticket] or is Dec 8th really #301... in which case MARS300 no longer makes sense since it's now MARS301. My head hurts.

Sticker production has come to a screeching halt. And my designs rocked. Damnit. :(

Someone pointed out that Dec 8th is the 2 year anniversary of This Is War... maybe that's why they added a gig on that date. I just can't imagine that SOMEONE in the Mars camp didn't point out that this would muck up the MARS300 thing, and if someone did, why was it ignored. If they wanted to have a Dec 8th celebration... hire Shannon and Antoine for one of those DJ shows. Charge admission to attend, have a dance off. God knows there are people Echelon out there who would have paid to go to a Mars party.

If it was about wanting a little more money, they could have purchased the 276 tickets still on StubHub tonight for Dec 7th and re-packaged them into some high priced fancy new Golden Ticket thing and still made additional profit. God knows there are people Echelon out there who would pay for an additional GT level.

I said it in the roll call thread: I am grumpy. Somehow Mars made something silly fun GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS 300 SHOWS WOOO... and then ruined it. It's like a skill. :(

Yep Mistress... Star Trek toyed with us. You would think we could get Scottie to beam us up by now. Fuck.

#12 RedRaven

RedRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

My mom suggests 300(a), 300(B), etc. Haha.

#13 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

Well the show is actually number 300, so it is a bigger deal than say 301. The theme should be six packs and leather armor. "This Is Sparta!!!"
Let's dance!

PS Church of Mars seems neat, I'd try to see both if I were going. I understand the frustration of anyone that booked a flight out, when they could have attended more concerts. I see where number 300 should have been the last one, at least in the New York area. If they did some other special shows towards the end of the year, 300 would still have been set apart.

#14 Kitine

Kitine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

I'm attending the last show on the 8th. I don't really care if it's the 300, 301, etc.
The only thing that I keep in mind is that it's probably going to be the last gig before a long long time and I really hope that it's going to be worth it because my banker doesn't want to speak to me anymore...

I'm flying from Paris (France), I took a GT for the show and, thankfully, my brother lives in NYC then no extra expends in accommodation.

I'm counting days now!!!!!  :D

#15 Peeks

Peeks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

I REALLY want to go to this so badly! It's on my birthday, I can't imagine how amazing it would be to celebrate with 30stms! The tickets sold out way too fast that the site wouldn't even load for me. Please if anyone has an extra ticket I will pay for it, please let me know  :(

#16 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

View PostKitine, on 26 November 2011 - 04:16 AM, said:

I'm attending the last show on the 8th. I don't really care if it's the 300, 301, etc.
The only thing that I keep in mind is that it's probably going to be the last gig before a long long time and I really hope that it's going to be worth it because my banker doesn't want to speak to me anymore...

I'm flying from Paris (France), I took a GT for the show and, thankfully, my brother lives in NYC then no extra expends in accommodation.

I'm counting days now!!!!!  :D
SNAP!  I am going to the gig on the 8th as well!  Had already planned a trip for that week to NYC anyway and when I saw the tickets come up facebook I couldn't resist it.  :D

#17 aseaofstars

aseaofstars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I really want to go but cant afford it and cant get off of work. But it sounds fun!!

#18 Cleopatrascats

Cleopatrascats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostCandyO, on 22 November 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Well, I *was* going to the Last Concert on Dec 7th until suddenly it wasn't the last one anymore.

#MARS301 or something.
*wanders off*

#19 Cleopatrascats

Cleopatrascats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

The had mentioned that they would be playing four shows in NYC to wrap up their tour.  I'm guessing there will be two more.  Dec. 7th sold out, so they added Dec. 6th.  Then there is the Church of Mars show on the 8th.  So, that leaves Dec. 5th, 9th, and the weekend I suppose, to add the two additional shows. Crossing my fingers that I see the post before the show is sold out again.

#20 Cleopatrascats

Cleopatrascats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

View PostCandyO, on 22 November 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

#MARS301 or something.
*wanders off*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users