pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Was going to put this in Baby...?!?

http://thirtyseconds...-of-the-week-4/

December 21, 2012, may be one of the most watched dates in history. Every 26,000 years, Earth lines up with the exact center of our galaxy. At 11:11 on December 21, 2012, this event happens again, and the ancient Maya calculated that it would mark the end, not only of this age, but of human consciousness as we know it. But what will actually happen? The end of the world? A new age for mankind? Nothing? Now Whitley Strieber explores 2012 in a towering work of fiction that will astound readers with its truly new insights and a riveting roller-coaster ride of a story. A mysterious alien presence unexpectedly bursts out of sacred sites all over the world and begins to rip human souls from their bodies, plunging the world into chaos it has never before known.

What do you think about 2012?

Also... What do you think about this? "7 billion and counting: Should the world adopt a 'one-child' policy?"
http://news.yahoo.co...-125405754.html

To that^...I say no. I do not know the answer...but a definite "NO" from me.

#2 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

I say use condoms.

#3 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Don't have kids you can't afford to care for, and for each country/ family/individual, that would be different.
What are all those men in China going to do in a few more years? There are not enough females to go around due to families wanting a male.

#4 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

China and India are ridiculous, all the chicks there are sluts, they have sex every other minute.

#5 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Of course reading the article 7 Billion and Counting, I clicked on this link within the article..... interesting.

http://www.lifeslitt...nnibalism-2129/ :unsure:

#6 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

I perked up a bit cause Whitley Strieber is fringe man, fringe.

What do I think about 2012 in general? I'm 49/51 right now. 51% everthing will be fne. 49% we are fucked.

7 billion people... one child rule?
No.
But I am not against paying a stipend to those of us who have chosen not to procreate.... if you go over 2.5 kids, toss me something cause my zero evens you out...

#7 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

View PostMistressred, on 14 November 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Don't have kids you can't afford to care for, and for each country/ family/individual, that would be different.

Amen to that.  The way I see it, one of the main causes of many of our social problems at the moment is the imbalance between Rights/Responsibilities.  People are clamouring for their rights, but simply aren't prepared to take on the responsibilities which come with those rights.  You have the right to have children, sure, but it's your responsibility to make sure those children will be fed and cared for, not anyone else's.

With great power comes great responsibility!  Or something.

#8 Prehensile

Prehensile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Maybe its finally time for A Modest Proposal? Who had to read that in highschool English class? ( http://www.art-bin.c...rt/omodest.html )

In my old town of Tracy CA one does not go outside without seeing teens with kids of their own. There's the Planned Parenthood that for $5-$20 will provide anyone with enough condoms for an entire nation to have safe sex, but a lot of the kids don't even know that place is there. People look to marry young out there as well. Which in itself isn't too terrible except there is no way to earn a living out there really. That and no one is aware exactly how much a kid born now costs to fully raise -$1mil. without college, and rising I think.

And 2012... is just another end of the world to get through.

#9 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Btw, absolutely nothing will happen in 2012, there is no definite date for the "end of the world", it's all crap just like the previous attempts. If the world does end on 12/12/2012 I'll give satan a bj myself and I'm quite homophobic.

#10 danabeaton

danabeaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

View PostMistressred, on 14 November 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Agreed! I know it's fun to see the genetic similarities between you and your kids... but more people should adopt. There are so many children that need parents and family is what you make it, just as much as it's who you're born into.

View Post30STM2002-2008RIP, on 14 November 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

China and India are ridiculous, all the chicks there are sluts, they have sex every other minute.

Having sex does SO not make you a slut. Grow up.

View Post30STM2002-2008RIP, on 15 November 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

I'll give satan a bj myself and I'm quite homophobic.

Says the guy with naked men in his signature. Sorry, had to be done.

#11 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

View Postdanabeaton, on 16 November 2011 - 04:42 AM, said:

Having sex does SO not make you a slut. Grow up.
Says the guy with naked men in his signature. Sorry, had to be done.

It does when you have it every other minute. And those naked men in my sig are the legendary Blink-182, it's supposed to be funny.

#12 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

I don't so much think the people having kids while unable to financially support them the way they would like to (or the way 'you' would like them to) are the cause nor does their financial status really have anything to do with the overpopulation. If it does? I'd say it's because when you are poor your options are more limited ...and sex is fun. Condoms, birth control pills, foams and shots for a low price if you're lucky...sure. Some people cannot afford them and really, many religions do not allow them. Some people just do not want foreign substances in their realm or unnatural hormones in their bodies, period.

More or less...moraless, we are all screwed anyway.

That blows, sure...but love doesn't really have a price. Money is NOT REAL. People having kids when they do not really want them, now that is the worst. Of course situations change and stress can become overwhelming, especially when finances are bad, but I mean there are people who really only have those kids FOR that paycheck... or to trap somebody or wtfever.

I've thought maybe having some kind of worldwide "test"...during pregnancy and up to a year after for new or unexpected parents. Giving them a safe, welcoming option to give their children up for adoption...that it is OK...to not be "ok" with the original choice that was made. Somebody will love and care for them and want them.

I don't really have an answer to slow down the population or baby-making.

TBH, we defy "GOD" on a daily basis by taking vaccines, antibacterial medicines and various other "solutions" and even wearing condoms to protect ourselves from diseases spreading. These things are here as a way to naturally control AND PROTECT the, uh, "environment". It's like Mother Nature's hidden card trick. So, instead she has started to blow us away with various types of "natural disasters" which are growing in numbers...

2012? I have no clue and I can't really want to know. I get lost in there and I just can't afford to right now. I asked "God" not to end the world next year and within a minute or two VA had its first earthquake in quite some years... Yeah, that kinda freaked me out a tad.

#13 GLoomisLP477

GLoomisLP477

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:37 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 14 November 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

Was going to put this in Baby...?!?

http://thirtyseconds...-of-the-week-4/

Also... What do you think about this? "7 billion and counting: Should the world adopt a 'one-child' policy?"
http://news.yahoo.co...-125405754.html

To that^...I say no. I do not know the answer...but a definite "NO" from me.

I think if nothing major happens in 2012 then the media should refrain from any more end of world predictions. As for the 7 billion mark, i remember reading something from Dawkins about people waiting till the age of 30 to start procreating. It would offset generations alot more. Also many ppl can't conceieve that late in life so alot of genetic diseases and syndromes would get filtered out of the gene pool. Plus you can't ignore that if everyone got all their divorces out of the way before having kids, the next generation of people might not be as psychologically damaged.

#14 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

I was supposed to wait until around 30, however....

Even tho I faltered--I TOTALLY agree about waiting until divorces are out of the way so that people who are REALLY SURE they want eachother and love eachother and want to fight the good fight until the end, together....are the only ones making babies. But I highly doubt that could be accomplished. Not enough freedom of choice.

I like your post. :D

#15 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

View Postpale_existence, on 22 November 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Even tho I faltered--I TOTALLY agree about waiting until divorces are out of the way so that people who are REALLY SURE they want eachother and love eachother and want to fight the good fight until the end, together....are the only ones making babies. But I highly doubt that could be accomplished. Not enough freedom of choice.

I know marriages are a nightmare and all but this takes it to a whole new level. I'm never going to get married now. I have you to thank for that.

#16 GLoomisLP477

GLoomisLP477

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 22 November 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Why thank you. I was happy to see a thread you'd started, i decided to contribute   :) . But, yeah. Richard Dawkins has some incredible ideas, although i'm not sure if the waiting till 30 thing was his or not. But everyone could literally have as many kids as they want and overpopulation would be nearly impossible. Plus the whole cleaning up the gene pool deal. There's so many syndromes and genetic disorders that people really should be adopting if they're passing on any kind of recessive genes for CF, or any of that other nasty stuff.

#17 Jeto_9990

Jeto_9990

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

i think all you guys should take this one step too far in true echelonic fashion and all adopt a NO child policy.
that way everyone wins.

#18 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

View PostJeto_9990, on 26 November 2011 - 02:11 AM, said:

i think all you guys should take this one step too far in true echelonic fashion and all adopt a NO child policy.
that way everyone wins.

I'm doing well so far.

#19 Oracle at Delphi

Oracle at Delphi

A belief in nothing, is still a belief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Probably the only other species besides humans to procreate without controls or limits until they outgrow their enviroment or food source are ......................bacteria

Someone get a bottle of bleach.

#20 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Too late... I had one, but I'm done , so yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users