11 replies to this topic

#1 Loneranger

Loneranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hi ALL,
I'm a newbie to this forum. I have to admit i don't really come onto forums much, so i hope you can be forgiving if i make any mistakes :). I have been into 30stm music for a long time.  I really like S/T album and ABL.  I have a dilemma and was hoping for some advice. I really want to go and see the band, but all my friends are into different music. What should i do? Go to a concert alone or not go at all (as i will be on my own). If i was to go,I would be travelling from England, UK to one of the upcoming concerts. What would you do?

Thanks
Loneranger

#2 pinkalishy

pinkalishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hiya Loneranger,

I was in the same boat and I'm basically going alone. I'm heading to Toulouse and then Lille on my own but will meet people who I know through twitter, in the city or before the gig. But travel and accommodation I will be alone. Although I am looking to find someone to share with on 17th in Lille as I can't find a hotel room. My advice just do it, and atleast you know me now lol.
Add me on twitter I'm Pinkalishy

#3 b3xy

b3xy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

I just got back from going to both the Paris gigs by myself, I would say definately go you only live once and you should make the most of it. I met some amazing people who I never had met and had the best time ever. I am trying to work out whether I can get to any of the other shows at the moment!

#4 laurahya

laurahya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

View Postpinkalishy, on 13 November 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hiya Loneranger,

I was in the same boat and I'm basically going alone. I'm heading to Toulouse and then Lille on my own but will meet people who I know through twitter, in the city or before the gig. But travel and accommodation I will be alone. Although I am looking to find someone to share with on 17th in Lille as I can't find a hotel room. My advice just do it, and atleast you know me now lol.
Add me on twitter I'm Pinkalishy
Hey, I'm going to Lille on my own too, and then Antwerp. Hopefully there'll be some people from here going too, although I'm pretty damn new to the board so I don't really know anyone. I don't have twitter (scares me, tbh :unsure: ) but maybe you can email me?

#5 TankGrrrrrrl

TankGrrrrrrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hey Loneranger!

I'm in the same boat as well, and have already met a couple of girls who are going on their own also - so there are a lot of brave souls out there!

Two things - pop on Facebook and go to the 30STM page, then their events , and go into the Lille page - you'll see us chatting there - and we can all meet up if you like!

Main thing is if you're worried, do your homework.  Find the most direct way to get to Lille, get a map before you go of where you're going and staying, and then have a look around in the daytime to make sure you know where you're going!  At that point, anything you stress about is stuff you can't influence anyway - so it's no worries!

This will be my second solo international trip, and I'm bricking it - but I know I can do it!  I know girls who've travelled round India on their own, and they came back unscathed - so you can totally do it too!

Time for an adventure!   ;)

#6 CarolinaV

CarolinaV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hi! As I didn't go alone, but with my best friend, to the Paris shows, I don't know what it's like to go alone. But what I can tell you, is that you WILL meet someone you can hang with. At first, me and my friend met these two really nice french guys on the bus to the venue. They walked with us from the bus stop, and actually waited for us after they've got their tickets checked etc (we were a little behind). Then we met some girls on the floor, and we talked before the concert started, and when we were going home, the metro was full, so we stood and chatted with a couple guys (who were super handsome!) until it wasn't so many people in the metro.

Long story short; you will meet someone nice if you just approach them. :) Be careful, though. Don't let anyone call a taxi for you, or show you to a dark corner.

#7 b3xy

b3xy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

Definately be careful that is one thing I forgot to mention, I didnt have any problems until after the White Night show when I was walking back to the Metro on my own (stupid I know!)and some guy was being a creep and wouldnt go away. I kept walking and basically told him to go away and when that didnt work I told him to F**k off and walked towards a group of people and he got the idea, but definately avoid going around by yourself if you can :)

p.s I just booked to go to the Antwerp show by myself :)

#8 Fugo-Astrum

Fugo-Astrum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm going to Antwerp with my best friend. I don't know anyone besides her, lol. And the great thing is, the last trains to Holland -where we live- got at 10 PM, and I bet the party isn't over by then, yay! xD

#9 Esme14

Esme14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

I'd say go for it. I was really worried about going by myself to an international concert but went to the Toulouse show last night and had an amazing time and am really looking forward to Lille tomorrow now. You only live once so make the most of it!

#10 b3xy

b3xy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

View PostFugo-Astrum, on 16 November 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm going to Antwerp with my best friend. I don't know anyone besides her, lol. And the great thing is, the last trains to Holland -where we live- got at 10 PM, and I bet the party isn't over by then, yay! xD

You should try and find somewhere to stay in Antwerp so you dont have to leave early

#11 SvtHoff

SvtHoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

View PostFugo-Astrum, on 16 November 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

If you wanna stay in Antwerp, I stayed at the Etap Centrum hotel last night, not far from the venue, right behind the Central Station. 50 euros per room (max. 3 people), decent rooms, cheapest in Antwerp centre. Have fun!!

#12 Fugo-Astrum

Fugo-Astrum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

View PostSvtHoff, on 19 November 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

If you wanna stay in Antwerp, I stayed at the Etap Centrum hotel last night, not far from the venue, right behind the Central Station. 50 euros per room (max. 3 people), decent rooms, cheapest in Antwerp centre. Have fun!!

Thanks, after some begging, I've found a victim who's kind enough to pick me and my friend up from the venue. I call her my mom, haha. I owe her big time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users