1 reply to this topic

#1 XX BR3AK M3 D0WN

XX BR3AK M3 D0WN

You don't see things as they are, you see them as you are

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

So as you might have seen in the news, on Halloween the Northeast was rocked by a horrible Nor'easter at the end of October. It brought snow, sleet, ice just a mixture of all things terrible. All over there were thousands of downed trees, thousands of power outages, thousands of people panicking and going to the grocery store in search of food. Fast food places that had power got slammed with people wanting food because they couldn't cook on their electric stove, didn't have power or a generator. some people have children and were concerned with the freezing temperatures.

In Ipswitch (little north from here) the town is powered on solar and hydroelectric energy. Why can't all of the country do this? why do we still depend on oil and gas for energy? it's ridiculous. People were in a panic all over the northeast. Yes my house still uses oil to heat the house, But i'd like to save the planet and use solar or hydro energy. Where i live is not near the ocean, but if even we could have gas for energy that would make me feel better if it was natural gas.

So in conclusion i think we need to send letters nationwide to our state reps to ask for green energy, because eventually we will just kill off this planet. It is NOT normal for it to snow up here even in Massachusetts in OCTOBER. it is evident that global warming is climbing and climbing,  along with global cooling even.

LETS DO SOMETHING about this. Who is with me?

#2 danabeaton

danabeaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

I really support you, but I'm in the UK. I'll do my best to help from here, but your government will only take me so seriously.

We need to be more green too.

I don't understand the argument "we want to be cheap and fast" when oil is getting more expensive and we might as well use the money to change our supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users