105 replies to this topic

#101 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

the bits ive read online say the second season will be new locale new characters with A few returning...ive only theorized that it would be constance And michael since theyre the only two left Alive...if they continue with more seasons And keep that formula they could feasibly (Again) kill off every character in season 2 And leave one or two left to move on to next town/season, it would definitely be A good idea! no stale characters that the Audience gets tired of, new interactions/storylines based on location And All the while being tied in by the history itself, the long line of dead bodies And ghosts behind it
lol
At least thats what would keep me going!:)
i really would love to see more of tate, but since its been worked out how the ghosts Are bound to the house i reckon they wont be returning
which makes me glad for the fact that hopefully we have seen the last of hayden...Although interestingly enough it WAS her And tate on the porch At the end looking in
does this mean Anything?
who knows lol
still curious if Anyone has gone through frame by frame to catch the clues for next season?

#102 SSara

SSara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

This show need to come to Sweden asap!!

#103 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

*wanders in*

i'm SO sorry i haven't been around, but i have been reading every post that you guys have been making!

a few things:

vivien did get on my nerves a LOT for the last half of the season...as did violet after a while, lol. i was so rooting for her to become the strong one in the family and then she just crumpled suddenly :( there were some ways in which i wish the writers/show would've gone but eventually all my ideas would've run into, like, a next-season dead end, lol. at least now that they've completed a whole season and know that there are people who will watch, and that they don't necessarily go as far as they did (drama-wise), they'll take their time with the next season, focus on developing characters more thoroughly and make sure they can tie up more of their loose ends :)

beandubh - we may get to see some familiar faces if the new season involves halloween! well...also depends on how far away the new locale is :P

OH and ps -- just found this on IMDB, posted about a month ago:

How can I audition for American Horror Story or work as an extra?

On Sunday January 15, 2012 FX's network president John Landgraf confirmed that "American Horror Story" creator/producer Ryan Murphy is now in the process of casting season 2. Casting director Eric Dawson has been retained for his second season of day-to-day casting duties. Auditions and casting for the show's stars, guest stars, and day players is taking place in Los Angeles - although the story will take place in a new locale. Filming will still take place in the Los Angeles area, therefore all of the extras, stand-ins, and photo-doubles will also be cast in L.A.

also, apparently the creators had stated that the seasons would be in different locales from the start!

EDIT #2: did some more digging. WE HAVE A POSTER...or maybe not, lol. apparently there's speculations of all sorts.

first link: http://www.wetpaint....ll-see-you-now-
someone tries to debunk this: http://peculiarbox.b...rillo_6100.html
someone else finds support that at least the 2nd season is legit going to be in a mental hospital AND that jessica lange will be returning, albeit in a possibly different character role: http://www.horrorbid...p?f=279&t=19637
then original naysayer apparently confirmed that FX confirmed that the poster is indeed a fake. BUT that doesn't mean the info going along with the poster isn't fake...AND HOW COOL WOULD IT BE IF THEY DID END UP FILMING AT THAT "FACILITY."

okay i'm gonna keep editing this until it's gonna be 10 pages long, lol, but i found this other site that apparently compiles information, and this looks a LOT more promising...i may have to keep following this site: http://www.bublaa.co...an Horror Story

in one of the posts i found this link: http://www.bublaa.co...ils (Spoilers!)

wherein i found this:

‘American Horror Story’ Co-Creator Ryan Murphy appeared on Andy Cohen's 'Watch What Happens Live' last night, February 6th and confirmed that Golden Globe winner Jessica Lange will return for Season 2. Cohen asked Murphy if ‘Jessica Lange will make an appearance’ and Murphy said, ‘Yes.’

‘It’s gonna be somewhere on the East Coast and it’s going to be in a horror institution. I’m in negotiations with 4 of the people who were in last year’s show. None of them were the Harmons. None of the deals have closed, so I can’t say.’

We already know that Murphy teased to EW that the clues for Season 2’s theme/location are somewhere in Episode 11, ‘Birth’.

Here’s a possible location as to where those clues are found. In the scene where Billie Dean is talking to Violet about trying to get the evil spirits out of the house, she says:

‘The evil, it’s a force. Just like any other Violet. Pure physics. Real and powerful. Created by events that unleash psychic energy into the environment where it’s absorbed. Like the way a battery stores energy. You’ll see it all the time in places like prisons or asylums. Negative energy feeds on trauma and pain. It draws those things to it. The force here in this house is larger than the many individual traumas and has a need. It wants to break through. It wants to move in our world. It’s using those trapped between this world and the next.’

So obviously, the place or horror institution could be a prison or a mental hospital. Some mental hospitals have been historically known (long ago) to be places where inhumane treatment, e.g. shock treatments and lobotomies and other tortures have occurred.

Also, trauma could be the theme and the patients could have individually experienced traumas that ultimately drove them to be institutionalized.

No further details were given on the length of Jessica Lange's stay, or if she will return as Constance Langdon, or a different character. As for thoughts on the other returning cast members, Murphy did mention to the caller that he loves Zachary Quinto.

Taissa Farmiga is ruled out as a Harmon, but, fan favorite Evan Peters, Denis O’Hare and Frances Conroy are still fair game.

Who do you hope returns for Season 2? I’d love to read your comments below.

‘American Horror Story’ returns to FX Network this Fall 2012.

and:

American Horror Story' season two to be "radically different"

Ryan Murphy has said that American Horror Story will move to a new haunted building with new characters for its "radically different" second season.

The series creator revealed in a conference call that the FX series is finished with the story of the Harmons, played by Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Taissa Farmiga.

"Next year of the show will be a different haunting," Murphy said. "The next season of the show will be a brand-new home or building to haunt."

He went on to say that some of the cast members will be coming back, before adding that they will be playing entirely different characters.

"Some of them will be coming back. There will be familiar faces and also some new faces," Murphy said. "The people that are coming back will be playing completely different characters, creatures, monsters, etc. People who are coming back will be playing entirely new characters."

He added: "I would have them all back in a heartbeat. I think we'll announce the full cast and what the new storyline is going to be some time in February."

Murphy recently admitted that he is frustrated by some reactions to the FX series, insisting that he and his writers have always known the direction the show would take.

American Horror Story received two Golden Globe nominations - one for 'Best Drama Series' and one for 'Best Supporting Actress' for star Jessica Lange.

The horror series concluded its first season on Wednesday (December 21).

#104 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

THIS JUST IN:

http://insidetv.ew.c...os-coming-back/

'American Horror Story': Look who's coming back!

They may be playing different characters, but some very familiar faces from the first season of American Horror Story will make a return visit to Ryan Murphy’s horror-fest on FX. The co-creator of the drama announced Friday during the PaleyFest in Beverly Hills that Sarah Paulson (the medium Billie Dean Howard), Evan Peters (Tate Langdon) and Lily Rabe (Nora Montgomery) will join Jessica Lange in the show’s second season.

Also participating in the scarefest will be Zachary Quinto, who played a gay man who previously owned the Harmon home (with Torchwood‘s Teddy Sears as Patrick). “Anybody could pop up at any time,” Murphy said during the panel hosted by EW’s Tim Stack. “It’s fun to take actors you love and say, ‘come play again.’”

Speaking of which, it doesn’t seem like we’ll see appearances by the dead Harmons, aka Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott. The actors only signed one-year deals on the show but apparently, Murphy’s not opposed to working them in if he can snag ‘em. Stay tuned.

When AHS wrapped its memorable first season, Murphy said the plan was to start over with a whole new haunting in the second season, which is expected to take place on the East Coast and involve a horror institution. Production resumes in the summer for a mid-October return to FX.

Murphy told EW that the second year will revolve heavily around Lange, who played neighbor-from-hell Constance Langdon in season one. Said Lange during the PaleyFest panel, ”It’ll be terrifying in June, but now I’m pretty relaxed about it.”

Lange and Murphy were joined on the panel by co-creator Brad Falchuk, executive producer Dante Di Loreto, Britton, McDermott, Paulson, Frances Conroy and Alexandra Breckenridge. To pay homage to the show — or maybe just to show some love to Lange — one male attendee dressed up as Constance.

(Additional reporting from Tanner Stransky)

#105 SvtHoff

SvtHoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

"To pay homage to the show — or maybe just to show some love to Lange — one male attendee dressed up as Constance." :lol:

I like that's they bringing back some old characters and especially Constance, I really, really like her. But October? Damn  :blink:

#106 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

OMG

http://www.google.co...ory season 2 =1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid= p1ECPMMu8D6XfM:&imgrefurl=http://collider.com/american-horror-stor y-season-2-poster/144119/&docid=TL_a0clY1KuKnM&imgurl=http://c ollider.com/wp-content/uploads/american-horror-story-season-2-poster.j pg&w=500&h=600&ei=zbWQT-LcGMKEhQeE1a30Dg&zoom=1&ia ct=hc&vpx=180&vpy=129&dur=323&hovh=246&hovw=205&am p;tx=151&ty=118&sig=114742533108708623556&page=1&tbnh= 145&tbnw=125&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:67

Creator Ryan Murphy has revealed:
"It's a completely different world and has nothing to do with season one. There's not a mention of season one. The second season is set in a completely different time period. [Season two] is set…at an institution for the criminally insane that is run by Jessica [Lange]."

He also said: "There will be other people… who are not announced who will also be in it, but are playing the polar opposite of what they were in the first season.”

Adam Levine is also starring in it and apparently playing someone sexy. Zachary Quinto, Jessica Lange, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe are set to return.

OH THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME. Jessica Lange...is going to be nominated again this year. cos omg. she can't not be!!

edit: LOL this guy's imdb post - http://www.imdb.com/...hread/192722934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users