105 replies to this topic

#1 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Okay so how many of you have watched this show?

Personally I've watched the first 2 episodes, and will watch the 3rd and 4th ones later today.

Here's some links if you're interested in learning more but haven't yet gotten the chance to watch it (DirecTV subscribers, your experiences may be cut extra short -- FX is being cut from the lineup fairly soon, no? even if you don't watch this show you can still go here and apparently petition for the network to be kept on the roster? worth a shot...)

general info: http://www.fxnetwork.../originals/ahs/
watch the eps online: http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/ahs
synopsis of the series and a review rolled into one: http://tv.nytimes.co...-fx-review.html
humorous analysis of episode 1: http://www.washingto...yyoPL_blog.html

I actually kindof like how offbeat it is...of course after watching eps 3 and 4 I may totally change my mind, lol.

EDIT: best site to read recaps...apparently this guy recapped the LOST series so he's used to writing out longer summaries and peppering in some theorizing while he's at it: http://tvrecaps.ew.c...p/tainted-love/

never followed that show but i may someday...someday.

#2 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

glad you started this! lol cos i have loved this show since before it started lol All the hype got me interested, i spent lots of time At youregoingtodieinthere.com JUST so i could get the stickers on getglue before the show Aired...i completely love it, i Admit theres been A few episodes that were A little humdrum (the episode that showed the history of the house, who built it, etc), but thats to be expected, A show like this has to throw in the fact Airing episodes just to get A backstory feel for later on
i have completely And utterly become wowed by the character of Addy, honestly i think the girl playing her is doing A kickAss job And shes become my fave character, not sure why yet, but im thinking Addy is the voice of reason And makes me feel safe lol course the way this show has gone i wouild not doubt if Addy ends up being the root of All that is evil! lol

#3 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

After being exposed to all the hype surrounding this show, I got around to watching the first three episodes on-demand today, and plan to watch the fourth episode online sometime within the next couple days. Personally, although I found the first episode to be the most dragged out, with all the introductions of the main characters, that one pilot episode alone sucked me in, and I could not take a break and wait on watching the next two episodes!

I definitely was in a state of 'Wow, did not expect that coming!', towards the end of the third episode when the creepy, mutilated ex-resident of the house killed Ben Harmon's affair, whom was carrying his child... if she had survived, it would have been really juicy, with his wife, Vivien, pregnant as well. Something tells me that once they built that gazebo over where she was buried in the soil, she will come back and haunt them... Additionally, as BeanDubh stated, I am quite interested in the character of Addy, and am intrigued on her storyline and role!

#4 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Oh, and I was just reading one of the analysis link from the Washington Post shannon leto's lezbean shared, and was just reminded of the gimp in which Vivien had sex with during the first episode! Hmm, don't think that fetus she is carrying is Ben's now...

#5 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

^^ you get your wish!:) haydens ghost looks As if she does in fact come back to haunt them, As it is samhain, when the dead walk freely...which is why i Am Assuming Addy was Able to cross the street...something makes me think they Are All dead, we Already know the maid And the former gay couple Are All dead, weve seen the wife of the original builder of the house come back...i just havent been Able to decode if Addy And her mother Are dead As well...i have A thousand And one theories flying Around each episode As some new hint is dropped...the creature that Attacked the popular girl that was bullying violet...perhaps the dead baby the original doctor tried to frankenstein back...? tate...possibly constances son that she spoke of so highly? being her one perfectly beautiful child...? i Assume hes possibly dead As well since he seems to never leave the house, And only Agreed to take violet out on the one night the dead can walk freely?.....lol hmmm...

#6 SaDistiC

SaDistiC

Woa!!Some people around here need a life o_O!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

i just downloaded the 3 first eps....havent had time to watch them yet. But so far, from what my friends on twitter are saying from it..i ll give it a try for sure. Back later tonight to tell you what i thought of it  :P

#7 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

View PostCoco Converse, on 29 October 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

Oh, and I was just reading one of the analysis link from the Washington Post shannon leto's lezbean shared, and was just reminded of the gimp in which Vivien had sex with during the first episode! Hmm, don't think that fetus she is carrying is Ben's now...

lol yah i totally Agree with you there, esp since she seemed to get pregnant like immediately, And the baby is bigger than it should be...i love how the nurse fainted once she saw the ultrasound...still cant figure out who the rubber man is though, i had vague theories that it was possibly the doctor who built the house (wish i could remember his damn name) but theres just not enough info lol

so glad someone other than me And SLL Are watching this:)

#8 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

hayyyy youuuu guysssssssssssss

i'm wondering if we should put a few things behind some spoiler tags...but the show's only 4 eps in. i just upgraded my phone earlier this month and i got a $25 gift card for an app that lets you buy eps of tv shows and rent/buy movies. the best thing about it? i can buy eps of AHS as soon as the morning after it airs so if i miss it wednesday night, i can watch it the following evening :) the worst parts about it? because of the formatting i can ONLY watch it on my phone (i.e. cant hook up my phone to the tv or computer and watch it on a slightly bigger screen), and my gift card will expire before the season is over so i can't complete my collection :(

ps - beandubh - the dr's name is charles! "CHAAAAAARLES!!!"

and guys...i really urge you to go to that last link i edited in my original post. if you're big on theories (like who's in the rubber man suit?) and symbolism and imagery then please please check out some of those recaps (and nearly all of the comments). it got me thinking so much i went back and re-watched all the eps! some things i'm thinking about and find myself agreeing with...don't read unless you've watched ep 4 or unless you don't mind getting spoiled:

1 - re: the fetus, harmon sex, etc:
Spoiler

2 - just who the eff is the rubber man anyway?:
Spoiler

3 - constance - dead or alive?
Spoiler

4 - tate:
Spoiler

5 - the burn man:
Spoiler

6 - moira sr. and moira jr. yeah...about that:
Spoiler

7 - hayden:
Spoiler

i'm sure there's a ton more that i wanna share with you guys but i kinda have work to do...seeing as how i'm at work and all lmao

#9 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

man how do you do those spoiler thingies?? lol id totally do lots of my rants that way for Anyone who hasnt seen Any episodes...but then Again im tghe type of person who insists on reading the last page of A book AND that people tell me how A movie ends while im watching it lol so i love spoilers...i Am questioning the whole moira deal though...from what i remember she did NOT look At All like she wanted to be with constances shot man...it kinda makes me think that moira Appears to be young And lustful to men because she was perceived that way which is what lead to her (in my opinion Anyway) being taken Advantage of/Almost raped when constance walked in...so not only is she bound to the house but her spirit has become A sort of slave to others (constances? the houses?) perception of her...?

#10 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostBeanDubh, on 31 October 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

man how do you do those spoiler thingies?? lol id totally do lots of my rants that way for Anyone who hasnt seen Any episodes...but then Again im tghe type of person who insists on reading the last page of A book AND that people tell me how A movie ends while im watching it lol so i love spoilers...i Am questioning the whole moira deal though...from what i remember she did NOT look At All like she wanted to be with constances shot man...it kinda makes me think that moira Appears to be young And lustful to men because she was perceived that way which is what lead to her (in my opinion Anyway) being taken Advantage of/Almost raped when constance walked in...so not only is she bound to the house but her spirit has become A sort of slave to others (constances? the houses?) perception of her...?

[*spoiler*] texttexttext [/*spoiler*]

and the thing is...
Spoiler

ps did anyone read any of those entertainment weekly long recaps?? they really are worth looking through!

#11 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Ahahaha so its just like Ancient HTML coding? is that right? lol or Am i copying JUST As you have it? omitting Asterisks or something? because im starting to feel like Anything i post from here on out will have to be hidden that way for Anyone who doeesnt/isnt up to date with every episode;)

#12 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostBeanDubh, on 01 November 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

Ahahaha so its just like Ancient HTML coding? is that right? lol or Am i copying JUST As you have it? omitting Asterisks or something? because im starting to feel like Anything i post from here on out will have to be hidden that way for Anyone who doeesnt/isnt up to date with every episode;)

yeah just take out the asterisks when you go to do it, just like old html. like how you bold or italicize anything on here :)

and YES. especially the most likely on-going discussions of who is what and how and why and what are they gonna do about it :P

#13 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

ok im going to ATTEMPT this

Spoiler

#14 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

View PostBeanDubh, on 01 November 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

ok im going to ATTEMPT this

Spoiler

YAY you did it! lol

Spoiler

ps - EW to the "crusty" part lmao

#15 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

forgive me for double posting but YAY more answers tonight!!

and of course, more questions...lol

#16 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

View Postshannon leto, on 02 November 2011 - 10:07 AM, said:

forgive me for double posting but YAY more answers tonight!!

and of course, more questions...lol
lol And YES to your spoiler part! thats kinda what i was meaning to say
whos As excited As i Am About tonights new ep??:)

#17 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:27 AM

eeeeeeee some more theories to discuss! will have to periodically edit throughout the day and possibly watch it again when i get home. i'm sure i missed a few things last night as my attention was not fully directed at the show for the duration of the episode :\ i did catch about 80% of it and i just have to say how much hayden gets on my NERVES. lmao

Spoiler

#18 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

Ahhhhh halloween pt 2 Aired last night, SUCH A good episode!!!:) def do NOT read below if you havent caught up or dont want to know the current plot
Spoiler

#19 shannon leto's lezbean

shannon leto's lezbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

i think we may be the only ones that will end up carrying on this thread, lmao

my thoughts to come later on. too busy at work to do much else other than insert little one-liners

#20 zigkiss

zigkiss

Zeke and Zola rock my world \m/

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

View PostBeanDubh, on 03 November 2011 - 05:37 AM, said:

Ahhhhh halloween pt 2 Aired last night, SUCH A good episode!!!:) def do NOT read below if you havent caught up or dont want to know the current plot
Spoiler

don't come here much anymore but every once in a while I do check out the current threads. I decided to check into this one because I've been watching this show.
Anyways, I was reading your replies and at first I thought you had maybe a broken keyboard that caused you to capitalize all your As but then I noticed you only do it on the beginning of words but As within a word aren't capitalized. So.... just curious, why? It's kinda annoying to read like that so is there a reason you don't use a small A in the beginning of a word?

and on topic, I haven't watched the last show yet so I'll refrain from reading the spoilers for that one but I like the ideas going around here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users