149 replies to this topic

#1 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

The 299th concert in support of This Is War. Yes, I duplicated the info from the 7th. Don't hate on my laziness. Posted Image

Tickets:Ticketmaster

Venue:    Hammerstein Ballroom
311 West 34th Street
            New York, NY 10001-2418
            (212) 279-7740 x219

Getting there:
     Penn Station (train and subway) is right across the street from the venue.
        For those of you flying in, check out the advice here about the best way to get from the airport into the city.

Posted Image

From the venue website:
Directions

The Hammerstein Ballroom is located on 34th Street Between 8th and 9th Avenues.

Via George Washington Bridge: Take route 4 East into NY (Take upper level). Stay on right hand side of Bridge and exit onto the Henry Hudson parkway. Take the H.H. Pkwy. South to 34th Street. The Hammerstein Ballroom is on 34th Street between 8th and 9th Ave.

Via Lincoln Tunnel: Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 17 (Lincoln Tunnel). Go thru the Tunnel, once in NY, stay to the left. Go to the 2nd traffic light (will be 42nd street) make right on 42nd Street and head east up to 7th Avenue. Make a right on 7th Avenue and take that south to 34th Street. The Hammerstein Ballroom is located on 34th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues.

Via Holland Tunnel: Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 14 (Holland Tunnel). Go thru Tunnel, once in NY stay to left. Follow signs to Henry Hudson Parkway. Take the H.H.Pkwy. north up to 34th Street. The Hammerstein Ballroom is located on 34th street between 8th and 9th Avenues.

Parking: Garages are located across the street and next to the facility.

Public Transportation
Take the A, B, C, D, E, F, 1 or 2 Trains to 34th Street.
LIRR or New Jersey transit can also be used (take to Penn Station located at 8th Avenue and 32nd Street).

The website states in response to the question:

Can I bring a camera or video recorder?
   No, audio visual recording devices are not allowed.

Venue holds 3400 people standing.
Diagrams courtesy of Mistressred:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check here for hotel room sharing:
http://www.facebook...._t=event_invite

Roll call:

• Me (Ken)
  • Manon
  • Mo
  • Brandy
  • AsperaAdAstra70
  • ValerieG76 (+1 in utero)
  • Deanna
  • Sundance71
  • Lauramac + 1
  • Tammy81
  • GeorgieJF
  • LoopDeLoo2
  • LeysaD +1
  • RedRaven
  • WickedLovely
  • Noele313
  • UKHeather
  • art70
  • joelhirsch
  • lucretia
  • Coco converse
  • Surender Tonight +1
  • ma-rine
  • Debby Echeon

Total: 28

#2 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Thanks thanks thanks~!  :lol:

Sooo add me please! I did say I would never "buy" a GT but I did! Shakes head at myself.  Looking forward to meeting you KenV!

#3 ValerieG76

ValerieG76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

I will be there as well!! I got a floor ticket but considering I will be past 8 months prego, I will prob stay away from the front LMAO (unless Jared wants to deliver this baby lol)

#4 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostAsperaAdAstra70, on 26 October 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

Thanks thanks thanks~!  :lol:

Sooo add me please! I did say I would never "buy" a GT but I did! Shakes head at myself.  Looking forward to meeting you KenV!

Can't wait to meet you too!

View PostValerieG76, on 26 October 2011 - 01:12 PM, said:

I will be there as well!! I got a floor ticket but considering I will be past 8 months prego, I will prob stay away from the front LMAO (unless Jared wants to deliver this baby lol)

Perhaps a doctor theme is in order, just in case. Most gals want to have Jared's baby, not have him deliver their's...

#5 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

I just noticed that my first MARS gig was 12/6/09 in Tampa, FL - Dec. 6th Rocks!  :wub:

#6 ValerieG76

ValerieG76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

View PostKenV, on 26 October 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Can't wait to meet you too!

Perhaps a doctor theme is in order, just in case. Most gals want to have Jared's baby, not have him deliver their's...

Doctor theme would be awesome!!! haha! Or even blood ball :) I literally LMAO at your comment lol Although Jared might like delivering a baby...this baby is already a believer in training hehe

#7 Sundance 71

Sundance 71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

WeŽll be there, canŽt wait! See you again great NYC!

#8 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostSundance 71, on 31 October 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

WeŽll be there, canŽt wait! See you again great NYC!

:D

#9 Lauramac

Lauramac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Posted this in the thread for the 7th, since I thought I had tickets to that one (fell through) but posting here too....

I'll be there +1 !! Can't wait! First MARS concert! First trip to NYC! So excited I can barely contain it. LOL

Anything I need to know, please enlighten me! Here's hoping they announce a theme night... :)

#10 Tammy81

Tammy81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Me... i'm going

#11 GeorgieJF

GeorgieJF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

hey guys, i've had bitchy experiences with forums before so i usually avoid them...im only just now joining this one, but i love the fact that there are heaps of people meeting up at shows and stuff! Its very exciting! Im from Australia and im coming to this show, im beyond excited for it! I was going to be traditional and buy GA tickets and hang out at the doors all day but i did an impulse buy of GT's....I'd still love to hang out with the crazies lining up at the doors though! So add me to the list! Can't wait to meet some NY echelon!

#12 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

View PostGeorgieJF, on 01 November 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

hey guys, i've had bitchy experiences with forums before so i usually avoid them...im only just now joining this one, but i love the fact that there are heaps of people meeting up at shows and stuff! Its very exciting! Im from Australia and im coming to this show, im beyond excited for it! I was going to be traditional and buy GA tickets and hang out at the doors all day but i did an impulse buy of GT's....I'd still love to hang out with the crazies lining up at the doors though! So add me to the list! Can't wait to meet some NY echelon!

Welcome. I also plan on hanging out on the line for a bit before the GT gathering, so I'll see you there. It seems that there will be fans from just about everywhere coming Posted Image.

#13 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

View PostGeorgieJF, on 01 November 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

Welcome aboard - will be in the GT line with you!  :rolleyes:

#14 LoopDeLoo2

LoopDeLoo2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

I'll be "in the house" both dates! Looking forward to seeing the guys again, woo hoo!! :D Christine Rose aka LoopDeLoo2

#15 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

View PostLoopDeLoo2, on 01 November 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'll be "in the house" both dates! Looking forward to seeing the guys again, woo hoo!! :D Christine Rose aka LoopDeLoo2

Woot woot! See you there chica - do you know if Obandy is coming?

#16 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Probably a stupid question....but would anyone like to trade a GT for the 7th for my GT for the 6th?  :wub:

#17 Tammy81

Tammy81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

View PostAsperaAdAstra70, on 02 November 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

Probably a stupid question....but would anyone like to trade a GT for the 7th for my GT for the 6th?  :wub:

not sure if you can do that. usually they're non-transferrable.

#18 LeysaD

LeysaD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

Please add LeysaD +1 Can't wait to hang out in NY!!! WooHoo, this will be my friends first concert!!!!

#19 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

View PostTammy81, on 02 November 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

not sure if you can do that. usually they're non-transferrable.

you can, I've done it before.

#20 RedRaven

RedRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

If you'd add me to the roll call, please, I'd appreciate it. (Both dates - already posted in the 12/7 thread). Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users