78 replies to this topic

#1 marsmarsmars

marsmarsmars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Been reading some comments on youtube that are saying "30stm is my religion"
If it is a religion (not saying it is), what are the fundamentals, based on what the band says, parts of songs and what you take from it. What are some ideals that make the whole experience what it is? What is it all about?

#2 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Haha sorry but this topic reminded me of something...
I'm surprised I found the post, heck I'm surprised I remember it  :lol:

View PostTeachJoanne, on 04 October 2007 - 09:51 PM, said:

Good morning all!

Here they are then, the official prayers of the Church of Jared Christ of Eyeliner Saints as transcribed by scribe/cleric Kacie:

In the name of the Tomo, the Shannon, and the Jared-Christ. Amen

Our Father Jared, who art on tour,
praise be to your name.
Thy cult come,
thy fist raising be done,
in California as it is in London
Give us this day our daily dose.
And forgive us our ridicules at your expense,
not like we forgive those who ridicule us.
And lead us not into mainstreamness,
but deliver us from emo.
For thine is The Kill, the Capricorn and the Attack. For ever and Ever.
Provehito

---------

In the name of the Shannon...the Tomo, and the Jared Christ. Amen.

Oh Jared Christ please give us the blessing of the Argus on this day.
As said in Tomo's epistle to the Echelonians Chapter 62 Verse 77:
"And ye go forth, and spread the news as keepers of the gate that a new day has come and watch as it all falls down."

Here ends the sermon. Provehito.

---------

Oh my lord, Jared-Christ, may you smite the unbelievers of your message. Through Saint Shannon I pray that your 7 plagues rain down upon them... baldness...syphillis...loss of eye liner...holes in socks...a horrid skin rash...missing underwear...and the most horrible...a night with my lord himself. All these things I ask in your holy name. Amen. Provehito.

And a summary of the various books:

Ah yes... The Book of Oblivion is a very treasured item in the Church of Jared-Christ of Eyeliner Saints. I hear that a new Book may or may not have been found. We (those in the theological community) are waiting for Authentication.

First there is the Gospel of Jared-Christ (it is quite a boring book with nothing much happening except our lord rambling a lot)
The Epistles of Tomo to the Echelonians. Probably a better read. I especially like the part about cake.
The Testament of Shannon. It must be read with native drums, it says so in Chapter 1 Verse 1.
The Riot Chronicles of Matticus. The best book in the entire scripture. Most famous for Chapter 30 Verse 30 "Thou shalt riot."

When the Sacraments of Tim are verified, I'll let you know.

Now to leave you with this found in Shannon 54:55:

"Jared-Christ, grant me the insanity to accept the things I cannot create; the bravery to change my hair three colours; and the knowledge to know the timing of your 'Wa-oh's"

Provehitoooooo.....in aaaaaaaaalllllltuuuuuuuummmmm *chantlike*

Have a wonderful day, filled with religious outbursts!   ;)

Disclaimer: all above is a little joke from back then...

#3 echelonexistence

echelonexistence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

WOW PPL Take this too far!

#4 Mon72

Mon72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:45 AM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 22 October 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Haha sorry but this topic reminded me of something...
I'm surprised I found the post, heck I'm surprised I remember it  :lol:

Disclaimer: all above is a little joke from back then...

What a special day it is... when you start reading the scriptures  :rolleyes: this really made me laugh

#5 Eon

Eon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

Oh my f...

Posted Image

#6 marsmarsmars

marsmarsmars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

Not exactly asking for a bible here... But Jared once said everything was about "living your dreams." can anyo e expand on that?

#7 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

Well living your dreams doesn't have anything to do with religion. To me living your dreams is figuring out what you want to do in life and then doing it. Some are attainable, some aren't. Some are just dreams and remain dreams. There is no perfect script to follow.

It can be small things, some people just dream of seeing the ocean once in their life. Others might just want a family, be in love and have kids. Others can have big dreams, become a doctor, find a cure for an illness. It's a combination of where your passions lie, what your skills are. What you want to focus on. I also remember the saying "where there is a will, there is a way". End of day it's finding what will make you happy I guess.

Also I find neither the band or their music have anything to do with following or living my dreams. It's my life, I need to make the decisions and only I can shape my life.

I recently saw somebody post this "I am happy to have compromised on my dreams to secure my future".

#8 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

That repost was HYSTERICAL! Thank you Fusion - needed a good lol

#9 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Thank you for those valuable prayers from the Church of Jared Christ of Eyeliner Saints!   :lol:  Made me giggle a lot!  The power of Jared compels me!

For me personally, embracing the band's ideology is about trying to better myself whilst also doing what I can to live in a more environmentally-friendly manner.  I take it to be about finding your own path, identifying what you want from life (your dreams) and doing what you can to achieve them.  As far as I know there is no prescribed way of living as advocated by the band themselves, this is just my own way of interpreting the causes they seem to publicise as well as going on the lyrics of their songs.  

I jokingly call 30STM my religion - heck, I even changed my Facebook religion to Echelon - but this is BY NO MEANS 100% SERIOUS.  Sadly, I doubt Jared can turn water in Acai juice, or feed the Five Thousand with a piece of popcorn and a glass of soy milk.

#10 bluehorizon

bluehorizon

Major General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

I know the above parody creed (which I've seen b4) is all tongue in cheek and all in good fun in the goofy fake cult world of Mars.  ;)

My following response is to address the OP

CRINGE  

I've always bristled at the propaganda from 30stm and the notion of an actual ideology is absurd. It's a freaking BAND. :rolleyes:

embrace individualism not collectivism

---------------------------------------------------
From the original website

Posted Image
The Mission Statement from Scientology
This is for Auditors that e-meter Pre-Clears (non members)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*anyone who still takes them seriously for anything but insane marketing tactics after reading those is a fool  :lol:

#11 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

View Postbluehorizon, on 23 October 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

I've always bristled at the propaganda from 30stm and the notion of an actual ideology is absurd. It's a freaking BAND. :rolleyes:

Well, that's fair enough.  Like I said, the way I see it, it's a personal thing.  It's how I interpret stuff.  As far as I am aware 30STM have NEVER told anyone to live their life a certain way, it's a choice I've made myself.

...or maybe I really am that easily swayed by subliminal messages.  O_o

#12 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

I know the above parody creed (which I've seen b4) is all tongue in cheek and all in good fun in the goofy fake cult world of Mars.  ;)

CRINGE  

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zf67te.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2lsdx0i.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2aj4a9v.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/25g5p4p.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/w7nbli.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/25z0y12.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/wqvksx.jpg

*anyone who still takes them seriously for anything but insane marketing tactics after reading those is a fool  :lol:
BTW the website is still up.
http://www.virginrec...ysecondstomars/

Revolution :wub:

#13 AmanitaVirosa

AmanitaVirosa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

Aaan-n-n-nd, thus we have arrived at the moment of historical revisionism.

#14 danabeaton

danabeaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hahaha! Those prayers were so funny I couldn't even read it from laughing too much. Wow.

I admire the passion and the optimism the band has. And all the messages they send out.

And I say the same with religion. I'm a very serious athiest - considering how much religion is used to hurt people - and don't see how we need religion to be good, kind people and follow our dreams.

We just need more inspiring people like 30 Seconds To Mars.

#15 bluehorizon

bluehorizon

Major General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

Art is in the eye of the beholder

The prism that we view MARS through is as unique as the individual.

Unless the band specifically clarifies a so called message, there is no wrong or right to interpretation

*Everything but the kitchen sink is thrown in this fake cult so a diverse base will pick and choose whatever they feel connects with them

I think that is one of the most exciting things about music, the interpretation, from individual to individual and how it can change so much. ~ Jared Leto

Q:What do you hope people get out of 30 Seconds To Mars?

Jared: Enjoyment, excitement, escape, connection and some kind of relief from the monotony of music that is out there. That’s what we hope.

#16 marsmarsmars

marsmarsmars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

Perfect:
Enjoyment
Excitement
Connection
Relief

#17 AmanitaVirosa

AmanitaVirosa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

CRINGE  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bump.

I don't think any new threads have been approved since Jan. 29th. (We've been watching, and I believe that is the case.)

So.

My suggestion is a little anarchic, but wth.

You just find a thread that's remotely related to something you what to discuss and Hi-Jack. It. I don't think the OB is coming back like its old self in any sense, any time soon. It's like a bombed out village in here, the post-"War" era. Squatter's Rights Rule. For the moment.

#18 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostAmanitaVirosa, on 28 February 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

Bump.

I don't think any new threads have been approved since Jan. 29th. (We've been watching, and I believe that is the case.)

So.

My suggestion is a little anarchic, but wth.

You just find a thread that's remotely related to something you what to discuss and Hi-Jack. It. I don't think the OB is coming back like its old self in any sense, any time soon. It's like a bombed out village in here, the post-"War" era. Squatter's Rights Rule. For the moment.

Like the idea. Plus thanks for bringing up this particular topic - didn't know The Church of Jared Christ of Eyeliner Saints before. Made my day :lol:

#19 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostAneczka, on 28 February 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Like the idea. Plus thanks for bringing up this particular topic - didn't know The Church of Jared Christ of Eyeliner Saints before. Made my day :lol:

I also didn't know there were special prayers we all should know for praying right to our Jared-Christ of eyeliner Saints^^

I'm laughing myself a hole into my stomach :lol:

#20 bluehorizon

bluehorizon

Major General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

All right I'll hop in this thread in the meantime  :lol:
I resubmitted the Collectivsm vs Invidualism in 30stm fanbase, Helios said the other one didn't receive the notification alert *shrugs*

Anyway... How much does the band really influence you?

In recent years the band has expanded the metaphorical cult collective into increased networking and suggestions and MISSIONS

*Environmentalism
*Activism
*Politics
*Books
*Film
*Art
*Music Choices
*Lifestyle choices (vegan or cruelty free, global citizen & many more)
*Charities

Things that come to mind. Brave New World, 1984, Animal Farm, Atlas Shrugged, THX 1138
oh and let's not forget THE BORG lol

Since the fanbase is extremely diverse in cultural backrounds we will most likely have varying views

Collectivism gives me the heebie jeebies now and forever

Apparently Anonymous has just openly declared WAR on the United States of America and is calling for a Revolution to overthrow our government  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users