• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brittnicole

brittnicole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

The Topic name makes this pretty self explanatory.  I know the whole "Newbie need not post right away" rule, but message boards are created for creativity and speaking freely at any given point in time.  I am sure I will even find some of you calling me a "Noob" in your comments, but in all honesty that is perfectly ok with me.  I feel if you are going to be honest, then be just that because what I am about to put down in this thread is nothing but honest from my perspective.  So I would ask that all of you please be 100 percent pure in your comments, I would expect nothing less.  Whether it is bad or good I respect it all because it is how you feel and I appreciate when someone can have the guts to speak and not be afraid.
I feel this world has lost itself in all the government robotic teachings and the selfishness of the people has grown to an unbelievable statue. I hate that people will despise someone or cast them out just because they believe differently. If we were meant to all be the same would we not be already? I mean why can't we actually sit down with someone, talk about our beliefs, ask questions to learn, and actually listen to what they have to say instead of putting our hands over our ears because they said something we did not like? Maybe if we actually sat still and listened, maybe we could hear the world and all the beauty in it.
I joined this MB because I believe in the message, we are at fault for what is happening to our planet. The earth was a gift created for us, would you just throw your new IPAD on the ground, dirty up your new Iphone, or pollute your brand new car? Well, a lot of the time those items are gifts to us, so if you wouldn't treat those material things in such a way, why treat something that is way more precious to us like it is disposable? Every living thing needs a habitat to thrive on in order to live, so if we destroy ours, what do you think is going to happen? We will cease to exist.  
I do not love 30 Seconds to Mars because of Jared or because of how they look, I don't even love them because of how they sound (which they sound amazing and I have never heard anything like them), but I love 30STM for the raw pure truth of their lyrics and message they display. So many artist and actors say they believe in a truth, but when it comes down to it, it is all camera talk.  30STM is one of the few that I have actually seen and heard to do something about what they stand for.  No matter what the response is, the continue to put the truth out there, the truth that everyone else is afraid to say.  I know most, if not all of us have heard the saying "Be the change you wish to see."  You cannot fix the world without fixing what is staring back at you in the mirror.  It's so easy to tell someone else to change their ways and their actions, but we cannot spread the word without spreading the actions first.  And I say we because I too can easily say the words, but I don't always live up to it.  The truth is plain to see, if we would just unveil our eyes and stop allowing the governments to tell us what their truth is.  When did we become their robots, their puppets.  When did we lose ourselves and the ability to stand on our own two feet and make the changes.  You are only weak if you allow someone to be stronger than you, DON'T!  Don't let anyone be stronger than your heart, your mind, your soul.  Do not allow someone to tell you are wrong because someone told them that we are.  More has happened in the past 10 months of this year than has happened in the past 20, environmentally and economically speaking.  The only reason for that is, the planet has not changed, but the people living on it.        
        -With thanks , Britt

#2 Fatima F

Fatima F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

You know, there's nothing wrong with us ordinary people. I've seen and heard news on TV that for one day, the people of one country (I think it was Switzerland) decided not bring any vehicles out and they only traveled by bikes or simply walked to their destinations, and that happened perfectly, but only for a day. The problem is that what we consider as profit is 180 degrees different from what our governments consider. Politics is ugly, in every single country. And I don't care if it sounds silly but I realized this when I watched the TV series '24'.

There's no way that you can persuade all your goals while taking care of everything around you and not sacrificing anything in between. And that's why no matter how many conferences they hold or negotiations they do, there can never be a solid outcome in order to save this planet. Because you can't stop the industries, you need it, and the governments need it more. It's exactly like the situation with smoking, you know that it's unhealthy to smoke and the authorities should ban it but they don't, because there's a lot of money in this field, same thing is with drugs. This issue is bigger than what we can possibly imagine.

This whole world is a lie. I love 'A Beautiful Lie' because it's the one song that describes this entire universe the way it is. The guys have made efforts to control the situation and that's admirable, but to be honest I'm more than upset to state that I don't think that's gonna change anything. It's not like I'm careless or anything, it's just that I've given up and decided to find a way to deal with it.

I appreciate your concern because it shows that you're a very thoughtful person. But you asked for honest opinions and I did say mine. :)

#3 brittnicole

brittnicole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

Thank you very much!  As I said all honesty is more than welcome, it's appreciated more than anything and I actually agree with you.  
I too love that song and it is sad to know the truth that honestly it wont get better.  We are moving way ahead way too fast and it's all about profit and status gain in this world.  I do have a very very open mind and I do see it from all sides and respect all sides.  I just feel like ok if your going to make eco friendly cars and push for helping the environment, make them affordable to all, not just a handful of people.  I know we can all sit here and say what we think needs to be done and how we need to change the world, but kind of along the lines you were saying, really it can't happen because not every person will ever be on board.  Again thank you for you thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users