• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 mangoes

mangoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

Since their big 300th world-breaking show's tickets have been released, I've been thinking about it non-stop. I've never gotten the chance to see them live, so my mind tends to wander a bit on what their concerts may be like. I've been to concerts before, but I feel like their concerts are extremely awesome. I mean, they wouldn't of had 300+ shows if they didn't have good concerts. I feel like they might do something big for their 300th though. Maybe, maybe not, who knows. I've come up with some ideas that they might do for it though. They could possibly record the concert and release it on a live album (i'm surprised they haven't done one yet), they might film it (but who knows if they'll ever release it, which would be pretty cool), and i know this idea is going on a little bit of a stretch and probably not possible but what if they made a new music video an used to footage from the concert? Probably not, but that'd be awesome. My dad suggested they'll probably have some special "300th show" t-shirts for sale, or some other merch. What other things do you think they might do for the 300th show, or do you think it'll be just some regular show like the rest?

#2 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

No clue what they might do. To be honest, for the final gig of the "A Beautiful Lie" tour in Helsinki in June 2008 the only "special" thing they did was confetti at the end. For the rest the gig was no different than any of the other gigs. So expect nothing and any "extra" stuff is a bonus!

#3 mangoes

mangoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 19 October 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

No clue what they might do. To be honest, for the final gig of the "A Beautiful Lie" tour in Helsinki in June 2008 the only "special" thing they did was confetti at the end. For the rest the gig was no different than any of the other gigs. So expect nothing and any "extra" stuff is a bonus!

very true. i can't help myself though when it comes to it, i'm so excited, even for the concert in general.
http://thirtyseconds...ehive.net/blog/ there's an article in there and it says something about how "In honor of reaching such a significant milestone, the band is planning several unique shows leading up to their Dec. 7 performance." who knows, but i guess we'll find out soon.

#4 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

Who knows, they did some special stuff in Brixton with ballerinas and an opera singer in September 2007 and the Hammersmith shows in February 2008 (also in London) had STOMP on drums with Shannon, there was a gospel choir, Tomo played violin and the gig the next day there were ballerinas again. That was quite special.

#5 Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Haha it's an American show! They won't do anything special! ;) Reverse jinxing it maybe!?

#6 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well there were the half naked strippers at the NYE show in Las Vegas  :huh:  :lol:
That's speschuuuul.

#7 Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

But that's nothing out of the ordinary for Vegas!;) haha! At this point they likely just want it over and done! Am I a bad fan for feeling that way!?

#8 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

I'm not holding my breath for "special" anymore. It might be one thing or so but I've stopped expecting something out of the ordinary to be honest. March 2010 Paris "White Night" was announced as a very special show. In the end the only thing that was out of the ordinary to all the other gigs was that during the acoustic Jared played The Believer. While I totally loved that, I expect more than just one "special" song to make a whole gig "special". Well you can call me a bad fan, or a fan that has seen too much of how things happen with this band and just expect the "regular" hyped up as something special. I've come to find that with this band the more I expect "just" the same show as always I'll be less dissapointed when nothing different happens.  ;)

Oh and if they play all three albums during that show I'll personally come over and rip out their leg hairs one hair at a time  :lol:  :o

#9 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 19 October 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

I'm not holding my breath for "special" anymore. It might be one thing or so but I've stopped expecting something out of the ordinary to be honest. March 2010 Paris "White Night" was announced as a very special show. In the end the only thing that was out of the ordinary to all the other gigs was that during the acoustic Jared played The Believer. While I totally loved that, I expect more than just one "special" song to make a whole gig "special". Well you can call me a bad fan, or a fan that has seen too much of how things happen with this band and just expect the "regular" hyped up as something special. I've come to find that with this band the more I expect "just" the same show as always I'll be less dissapointed when nothing different happens.  ;)

Oh and if they play all three albums during that show I'll personally come over and rip out their leg hairs one hair at a time  :lol:  :o

not to argue with you, but how many shows have you been to? it kinda goes without saying, the more shows you attend, the higher the probability of you being disappointed if you go in expecting it to be like your first, no? :)

#10 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

Yes I've been to a lot but that has little to do with gigs being less or more special. They love to hype up gigs as special and then it's the same as all the previous ones  :lol: I guess my definition of special is different than theirs.  ;)

Don't get me wrong, they've done special. It's just been a while and not all the ones they've said would be were. Of course it's a personal expectation. Just saying I've lowered my expectations so I won't be dissapointed (as much) anymore. When the quantity of their gigs went up, the quality went down.

But aside from that, I do hope they'll do something amazing to go out with a bang!! They should also get SDC back to open for them and play the drum parts during the songs they helped out in 2010 during the Into The Wild Tour.

#11 Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Well once they announced the record I was like oh that explains the high number of cruise control shows... Each show i've been to is special in it's own way! My favorite shows were my first ones though when they played ST... I still wish 3OO or any one or so of those shows could have been at Red Rocks!*Sigh* That would be special to me!

#12 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Did they say once red was for special occasions... I'd wear red if I were going.

#13 Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

View PostMistressred, on 19 October 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

Did they say once red was for special occasions... I'd wear red if I were going.
Yessssh red is supposedly special...More special than white! If I could remember where they said that i'd totally link it but...My brains currently re-formatting...Hehe
I typically wear a lot of black so I usually just wear my usual garb...Except for when they did preppy night I wore a powder pink hoody and the collar popped on a white polo...Ahaha

#14 J30STM

J30STM

"Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

View PostMistressred, on 19 October 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

View PostChristie, on 19 October 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

Yessssh red is supposedly special...More special than white! If I could remember where they said that i'd totally link it but...My brains currently re-formatting...Hehe
I typically wear a lot of black so I usually just wear my usual garb...Except for when they did preppy night I wore a powder pink hoody and the collar popped on a white polo...Ahaha
Here it is written in Ink, so no red as far as I read that.

View PostTHIRTYSECONDSTOMARS, on 23 June 2009 - 11:33 AM, said:

Do you think all the Echelon traditions regarding the tours such as code colors and home made 30 STM gear are still cool, or do you think it is time for a change?

Important question. It is time for a change. We must continue to move forward and evolve in all respects. Presentation and identity included. The color RED is important for many reasons and will remain so. It is the color of passion, the color of blood, the color of MARS.  It should be left on the MARS flag, TRINITY seal, MITHRA seal and TYRE - (the arrow) ONLY from here on out. For this next phase BLACK attire will be the foundation and the canvas to build upon. This is war. White dress is for special occasions and should be ALL WHITE NO RED on any clothing at all. It should be kept special and limited to the previously mentioned symbols and icons. Please encourage everyone to join in this experiment. It will be a sight to see. -CRASH MINISTER OF PROPAGANDA [echelon]

I have to agree with Lariss's view on what makes a show special...it seems that making a show special is viewed in 2 ways.. the band's & the fans way. Each has a different idea if you go by what the band has done to make a show special. To me making it special means, doing something out of the ordinary as opposed to what they would normally do during a show ( & we don't mean play 1 song that you normally wouldn't... )
I however do hope for the people going that have ( again ) high hopes it will be a special show as that how's they are selling the tickets.

But then again, seeing what they have been doing, I wouldn't count on anything to avoid dissapointment, sad as that may be!

#15 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostJ30STM, on 20 October 2011 - 02:07 AM, said:

I have to agree with Lariss's view on what makes a show special...it seems that making a show special is viewed in 2 ways.. the band's & the fans way. Each has a different idea if you go by what the band has done to make a show special. To me making it special means, doing something out of the ordinary as opposed to what they would normally do during a show ( & we don't mean play 1 song that you normally wouldn't... )
I however do hope for the people going that have ( again ) high hopes it will be a special show as that how's they are selling the tickets.

But then again, seeing what they have been doing, I wouldn't count on anything to avoid dissapointment, sad as that may be!

Thanks for finding that, so no red, unless it's an arrow etc. not just red clothing? I think it will be special just for those who are able to attend the show, it would be great if it were filmed, it would be nice to have special merch, maybe lanyards that are sold there... I dunno, I am sure they will try to do something cool.

#16 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for posting the color rules J30STM. I so broke the white is special/no red on it rule by my second gig in 2010. I like my patch hoodie too much to not wear it.
I still smile at my purple glyphs loophole shirt. ;)

It would be nice if there was something "special" for the special show. A memento that isn't a tee shirt. Printed lanyards with badges was always a fun thing fans did on their own... lanyards in bulk don't cost that much, under 50 per if it was 3400. Maybe a lanyard+laminated badge given at the door or sold at cost/slightly above. It would be fun. A keepsake. Under $5 and there is still room for profit.

My head is already full of ideas... I am definitely making something to hand out but I don't think I can afford to make much less carry 3400 of anything hahaa

As for the show itself being "special" I am keeping my expectations/hopes to a minimum. I hope to have fun and the rest shall remain unsaid because I don't want to jinx anything. :>

#17 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

View PostJ30STM, on 20 October 2011 - 02:07 AM, said:

this is true, but it can be said there are actually 3 views: the band's, the fan with high expectations, and the fan with now expectations. who do you think is going to come out more satisfied? i just feel that there is only so much "specialness" that can be achieved after 300 shows, and to go in to your 5th or 10th thinking they are going to cater to one particular person's idea of unique and different from the last is unrealistic. and i'm kind of offended for them that anyone would say that the more shows they've done, the less quality the shows have been. you can't have your mars cake and eat it too. i do understand being let down by an unspecific label, but for me, each and every show is "special" because i got to go, whether they played the exact same set in the exact same order with the exact same clothes and exact same moves, or not. to each his own. you know what WILL be special about this show? it's #300. they've never done that before. hell, nobody else has done that before, according to the guiness world book of records. that's special enough for me.

that said, i DO hope they at least sell something unique to the 300th show!

#18 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

SO! is anybody else peeved about the addition of the Dec. 6th show? Now Dec. 7th isnt going to be the 300th show! i've been robbed of being part of the historic performance, and now after all the stress i went through for my tix, get to partake in the final show, #301. why couldnt they add it on Dec. 8th? ugh! wack.

#19 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:45 AM

Adding one (or a few) shows before the 7th isn't going to make it not the 300th show.
Actually thet'll need to add a few more shows or the 7th will be show number 290 something  :lol:  ;)

So no need to feel cheated out of the 300th show...

#20 Nothael

Nothael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 19 October 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Does anyone know what the theme for the Dec. 7 show will be??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users