302 replies to this topic

#1 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

The Guinness World Record Breaking 300th concert in support of This Is War.

Tickets:Ticketmaster

Venue: Hammerstein Ballroom
                311 West 34th Street
            New York, NY 10001-2418
            (212) 279-7740 x219

Getting there:
     Penn Station (train and subway) is right across the street from the venue.
        For those of you flying in, check out the advice here about the best way to get from the airport into the city.

Posted Image

From the venue website:

Directions

The Hammerstein Ballroom is located on 34th Street Between 8th and 9th Avenues.

Via George Washington Bridge: Take route 4 East into NY (Take upper level). Stay on right hand side of Bridge and exit onto the Henry Hudson parkway. Take the H.H. Pkwy. South to 34th Street. The Hammerstein Ballroom is on 34th Street between 8th and 9th Ave.

Via Lincoln Tunnel: Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 17 (Lincoln Tunnel). Go thru the Tunnel, once in NY, stay to the left. Go to the 2nd traffic light (will be 42nd street) make right on 42nd Street and head east up to 7th Avenue. Make a right on 7th Avenue and take that south to 34th Street. The Hammerstein Ballroom is located on 34th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues.

Via Holland Tunnel: Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 14 (Holland Tunnel). Go thru Tunnel, once in NY stay to left. Follow signs to Henry Hudson Parkway. Take the H.H.Pkwy. north up to 34th Street. The Hammerstein Ballroom is located on 34th street between 8th and 9th Avenues.

Parking: Garages are located across the street and next to the facility.

Public Transportation
Take the A, B, C, D, E, F, 1 or 2 Trains to 34th Street.
LIRR or New Jersey transit can also be used (take to Penn Station located at 8th Avenue and 32nd Street).

The website states in response to the question:

Can I bring a camera or video recorder?
   No, audio visual recording devices are not allowed.

Venue holds 3400 people standing.
Diagrams courtesy of Mistressred:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are facebook pages here:
http://www.facebook....214936178573834
and here:
http://www.facebook....233529286705734
and here for hotel room sharing:
http://www.facebook...._t=event_invite

Roll call:

• Me (Ken)
  • Manon
  • Mo
  • Brandy
  • Deanna
  • Eva
  • Janet
  • Mandi
  • Gigitripper
  • Erika
  • @PGfromMars
  • Vanessa
  • Lisa
  • Elizabeth
  • Alicia
  • Robert
  • Jennifer
  • Coco Converse (Skye) +2
  • Candy-O
  • phenyx876
  • Sundance +1
  • Psyche
  • MarinerIV + 1
  • AsperaAdAstra70 + 1
  • ShannonxDrummer + 2
  • ems89 +2
  • Alicia
  • SurrenderTonight +1
  • Erin L
  • SonicVision +1
  • MyThoughtsNotYours + 1
  • kouklada7 + 1
  • Tammy81
  • deanna91 + 1
  • LoopDeLoo2
  • LeysaD + 1
  • RedRaven
  • Noele313
  • Loretta62
  • Moldavian Phenomenon
  • Butzzz84
  • Charlotte33 +1
  • Laurendocteroff
  • The Lolle +3
Total: 62

#2 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Add me to the roll-call list! *by the way, I am Skye from Facebook, whom has posted in the group a few times*. I will be there with a $300 golden ticket, along with two others, my cousins, whom have general admission tickets. :)

#3 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

View PostCoco Converse, on 19 October 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

Add me to the roll-call list! *by the way, I am Skye from Facebook, whom has posted in the group a few times* I will be there with a $300 golden ticket, along with two others, my cousins, whom have general admission tickets. :)

Done, sorry I didn't catch you on the first pass. I only listed the folks that I know personally from Twitter, too :)

#4 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

BTW for those looking for a cheaper place to stay in NYC try hostels.com (http://www.hostels.c...ry=USA&Search=1)

#5 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostKenV, on 19 October 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Done, sorry I didn't catch you on the first pass. I only listed the folks that I know personally from Twitter, too :)

No problem, I am not offended, and completely understand! :) This is going to be an amazing night, and I cannot wait for December 7th to come! It genuinely feels as though this show is only going to be three to four weeks away, as opposed to exactly seven from tonight... we still need to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving.

#6 RedRaven

RedRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Theoretically going, but I dunno what the deal is with the other shows & hard to plan a trip from TX to NY without knowing that stuff... So... *hangs out in limbo*

Why are people already booking flights when we don't know what the other dates are going to be btw? People are flying up for just this show and skipping the others or... huh?

#7 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

View PostRedRaven, on 19 October 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

Why are people already booking flights when we don't know what the other dates are going to be btw? People are flying up for just this show and skipping the others or... huh?
Good question and I've always wondered about that. Then again, I don't fly so I don't know about scrambling for the best deals. For me it's always ticket first, then hotel, then the rest. That's how I do it in order to not jinx anything. :>
I'm sure there will be much bitching and moaning if in a few days/weeks the other NYC dates are announced and are super duper special, like ALL SELF TITLED NIGHT and people with non-refundable flights will be all THATS SO UNFAIR I HATE YOU!1!! hahaa.
Me, I won't leave the cat for more than a night or two so it's a one shot deal. This one is all she wrote. I'm gonna roll with the punches. If I miss something amazing on the 5th cause I've finagled everything to be in NYC for the 7th, I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

Posted Image
Buddhist Monk holds up hoops to test my determination.
I focus.
I pass through the hoops.
I am zen cat.

Two hoops jumped, 46 to go. Add me to the roll call. PARTY TIME. :)

#8 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Take me off the role call... um I am not going....I wish! I was just finding stuff and talking about it... but I am not going, so save me some confetti or something.

#9 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostMistressred, on 20 October 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

Take off the role call... um I am not going....I wish! I was just finding stuff and talking about it... but I am not going, so save me some confetti or something.

You are such a good egg. So sorry to hear you aren't coming :( I'll send u something from the 'gift bag' for Christmas, promise :)

#10 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

View PostKenV, on 20 October 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

You are such a good egg. So sorry to hear you aren't coming :( I'll send u something from the 'gift bag' for Christmas, promise :)
LOL Ken, I am so glad you are going... you must meet CandyO, maybe I'll send one of you some money and if there is something different in the merch booth, you can get me something. I already got a present from you so no freebies please  :) I would take some of those tats along if I were you though, they are cool promo.

PS oh and it was take ME off the roll call  :P

#11 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

View PostMistressred, on 20 October 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

LOL Ken, I am so glad you are going... you must meet CandyO, maybe I'll send one of you some money and if there is something different in the merch booth, you can get me something. I already got a present from you so no freebies please  :) I would take some of those tats along if I were you though, they are cool promo.

PS oh and it was take ME off the roll call  :P

I'll find her somehow. And yes, give out more tattoo sheets :) I'll be on the lookout for any new stuff and let u know if I find something. U can pay me back if I am successful.

#12 Peeks

Peeks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

What tickets are you guys buying, I'm still confused if First Mezzanine Standing is better or worse than Floor standing, which of these tickets did you guys buy?? I want to make sure I get the best possible tickets closest to the stage  :huh:

Going to this show would be such a dream, its actually the day before my birthday, what a present that would be, huh? I have to fly out there so like you all said, I'm sort of waiting to see if they announce the other shows before I even attempt to buy one for this. I think presales are already sold out, so I'm getting so worried!

I've never been to the Hammerstein either so I wouldn't know what to expect, I'm not sure if it's a huge venue and then having paid all that money to be way in the back would be so disappointing.

Not sure what to do  :(

#13 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

it seems that with all the presales, tix are almost sold out (jared actually mentioned that on the rolling stone live interview today)...so if you plan on trying to get what's left of the tix saturday morning, be ready bright and EARLY...and those are most likely GA tix only (the presales were pretty much reserved/general seating in the 2 mezzanines, and GTs)...

mezzanine isnt better or worse, it depends if you want a seat or if you prefer to be in the mash of people closer to the stage...and closer doesnt mean up front (which would be GT anyway)....the main floor goes way back, im sure there will even be people underneath the mezzanine balcony (i'm betting exactly like the pic that Mistressred and Ken provided up above).

simply put, it is NOT a huge venue, but not intimate either. i dont prefer to be pressed up against people in a mosh type setting, so i got my presale tix up in the 2nd mezzanine (and i wouldve done first but i was being slow with the purchase lol)

btw guys, as an option, the venue is literally across the water from new jersey, and right off the path train station....should you run out of hotel options in NYC, it might be worth checking out NJ options too. ;)

#14 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

On the topic of themes, I for one would like a Bloodball.

But would given the importance of the occasion, maybe formal dress would be appropriate.
White tie for the gentlemen, evening dresses for the ladies?

Somehow or another I don't think anyone else will go for this though.Posted Image

#15 Sundance 71

Sundance 71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

O.k., i´m a bit confused now, we´ve bought tix - floor standing, general admission,
no seats right? But in the receipt i printed out it says:
Section Floor - Row 4 - Seats 163 - 164 - Description Price Level 2
Floor Standing Room (General Admission)

Standing? Seating?

Thanx for helping me!

#16 KenV

KenV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

View PostSundance 71, on 21 October 2011 - 04:44 AM, said:

O.k., i´m a bit confused now, we´ve bought tix - floor standing, general admission,
no seats right? But in the receipt i printed out it says:
Section Floor - Row 4 - Seats 163 - 164 - Description Price Level 2
Floor Standing Room (General Admission)

Standing? Seating?

Thanx for helping me!

I've encountered this before with GA floor tix at other venues. Except for once or twice, Floor GA means floor, regardless of the other stuff printed on the tix.
I think that they still assign meaningless row/seat number to keep track of total numbers, but I'm not entirely sure.

Boston, notoriously, divided the floor into two sections for crowd control, but looking at the pics, it doesn't look like Hammerstein does that.

#17 Sundance 71

Sundance 71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

Thank you!
Hope it´s only their system by givin the tix out,like you´ve mentioned in your post!
I think they only divide the floor when it is a big venue for saftey, but Hammerstein is small.
Waiting for news what´s up in den week in ny,  maybe they´ll do another show on 5th and 6th, after looking how fast the #MARS300 is selling out. But we´ll see!

#18 Psyche

Psyche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

I this point I am in. I am waiting to book flight and hotel until I find out about the other dates.

#19 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

ahaha yes, must meet KenV. Lets sort that out closer to the date.
Note to self: bring butterfly net to capture confetti for Mistress, just in case there is any.

Not gonna say a word about other people's wishes for theme nights. ;)

Did have a thought today... it will be December... Holiday season... maybe Santa Claus Through The Back Door?

SANTA CLAUS THROUGH THE BACK DOOR
wooo!

My sticker design for this gig is sick. I want to print them out NOW.

#20 MarinerIV

MarinerIV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

Hi!

Please add MarinerIV + 1 (Barb and Greg) to the roll call list. Many thanks!

Santa Claus Through the Back Door  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users