What IS a Mars Meet n Greet REALLY like?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

SO i am attending my first Mars concert, and hoping to take part in the meet and greet as well (is my cousin, an EMI VP, comes through, which i am sure she will). Aside from the literal meet the band and chat em up, can other experience echelon tell me what occurs? this would be my first meet and greet EVER as well, so i am not familiar at all with protocol lol. can i ask for authographs, or is that a no-no?

Thanks Echelon fam! I am geeking out over getting this chance to finally see them live for the final show. EEEEKKKKK! \o/

#2 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

A normal meet and greet has the band come by and say hello, and sign one item. Now  days,I think there is another line up for taking a photo with the band. The more people that buy the GT's the faster this all goes by. The people who bought the 900.00 ticket may get a private meet and greet, that is what is stated. I assume that means you go into a room with them, and it is either all the 900.00 ticket holders together, or each 900.00 ticket holder getting a minute of one on one time alone. Otherwise they line you all up, and the other fans see you greeting the band and you see them, because the band basically goes down the line saying hello, and signing stuff.

Have fun!

#3 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

There is a 900 US$ M&G now? Wow. I'm speechless.

#4 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

ok cool! just as i thought. yeah that $900 ticket is overkill, but hey, if you can, why not. i wouldnt mind a set of sticks from Shannon lol.

so i can attempt an autograph, but there's no guarantee, right? and if i do get one, i'll prob have to chose 1 out of 3 of the boys? oh well, this is closer to the edge than i ever have been before, so i'll take what i get! (if you hear abt someone stealing a hat or something....lol)

#5 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

With the 300 & 400 M&G's you'll get one item signed by each and a pic of you with the three of them, so no worries you'll get your autographs at the M&G from each of them!! The M&G's are sort of a signing line as I've understood, you line up and they come past you to sign your item then after the signing you line up and it's a quick snapping of the pic. With 100 people at a M&G it just means you have a few seconds max with them personally. But they'll be in the room for that while so you can see them interacting with the others in the line/room.

The M&G tends to be after the show. If you have side stage ticket you'll be at the side of the actual stage seeing the show from the side/back. It doesn't mean backstage roaming access though :lol: On stage for K&Q means you get to be there (with the others who get picked from the crowd) for the final song.

Package #1 – $300.00
– Ticket to the show
- Early VIP entry
- Exclusive Poster + T-shirt
- Meet and Greet with the band  

Package #2 – $400.00
- Ticket to the show
- Early VIP entry
- Watch the show from side of stage

Package #3 – $900.00 (Very Limited)
- Ticket to the show
- Early VIP entry
- Private Meet and Greet with the band
- Personal gifts from the band.  Including a drum head and guitar picks
- Guaranteed on stage w/ band for ‘Kings and Queens’

#6 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

Screw it, this post I made fits better in the Golden Ticket main thread.

#7 c e n t r i p e t a l

c e n t r i p e t a l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

View Postphenyx876, on 18 October 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

ok cool! just as i thought. yeah that $900 ticket is overkill, but hey, if you can, why not. i wouldnt mind a set of sticks from Shannon lol.

so i can attempt an autograph, but there's no guarantee, right? and if i do get one, i'll prob have to chose 1 out of 3 of the boys? oh well, this is closer to the edge than i ever have been before, so i'll take what i get! (if you hear abt someone stealing a hat or something....lol)

Yeah, as someone else said, you will FOR SURE get one thing signed by the guys. :') But Sarah is pretty strict about allowing one autograph from each band member, and if I remember right, hugging/kissing the guys is a no-no.

#8 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

View Postc e n t r i p e t a l, on 18 October 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Yeah, as someone else said, you will FOR SURE get one thing signed by the guys. :') But Sarah is pretty strict about allowing one autograph from each band member, and if I remember right, hugging/kissing the guys is a no-no.

That's right, leg humping is allowed though, although you are strickly timed and left leg only. :lol:

#9 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

thanks, but i know what all this means. i was speaking generally about a non-GT related meet and greet, as i may have a hookup to attend, just want to know what to expect.

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 18 October 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

With the 300 & 400 M&G's you'll get one item signed by each and a pic of you with the three of them, so no worries you'll get your autographs at the M&G from each of them!! The M&G's are sort of a signing line as I've understood, you line up and they come past you to sign your item then after the signing you line up and it's a quick snapping of the pic. With 100 people at a M&G it just means you have a few seconds max with them personally. But they'll be in the room for that while so you can see them interacting with the others in the line/room.

The M&G tends to be after the show. If you have side stage ticket you'll be at the side of the actual stage seeing the show from the side/back. It doesn't mean backstage roaming access though :lol: On stage for K&Q means you get to be there (with the others who get picked from the crowd) for the final song.

Package #1 – $300.00
– Ticket to the show
- Early VIP entry

Package #2 – $400.00
- Ticket to the show
- Early VIP entry

Package #3 – $900.00 (Very Limited)
- Ticket to the show
- Early VIP entry
- Private Meet and Greet with the band
- Personal gifts from the band.  Including a drum head and guitar picks
- Guaranteed on stage w/ band for ‘Kings and Queens’

#10 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Chances of seeing them without a Golden Ticket are close to zero nowadays. If one of them comes outside it's usually Shannon. Jared's came out a couple times in the past year. Tomo practically never comes out anymore. So good luck with getting their autographs! If they do come outside afterwards then they come out quite late, so count on several hours wait if you do want to try that!

#11 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

.....you kind of miss the point. i have a hookup (ie my cousin is a VP at EMI, so she can get me in), so i would be in there ALONGSIDE the GT holders. no waiting outside after the show, which is not a true meet and greet regardless, and not the point of my question. but thanks! and thanks to all who did answer, i shall hope for the best, and either way, i am glad i'm finally able to get a chance to see them live! \o/

#12 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

I'd imagine how much pull your "hook up" has, will have more bearing on whether you can hang in a green room, stay on side stage, get more than one thing signed etc.... best tell them you want as much interaction as possible...and don't be a stump when you meet them. yes ? No?

#13 phenyx876

phenyx876

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

yeah i am absolutely going to milk it for what it's worth :-D she said she could get me tix and the meet/greet, but nothing would be confirmed til it got closer to the date, and me being a taurus and a serial planner, i couldnt go that long without KNOWING that i was at least in the house. so i bought the tix and will let her pull the meet/greet muscle. that's all i want, to see em up close, get at least an autograph, and call it a night. i dont need the side stage VIP stuff (i dont ask for much! except for this! lol). besides, i want real live tickets to save foreverrrr (not sure if i wouldve gotten that with my cousin). so, yeah....excited! anyone else here going? i;m going to be in the mezzanine.

#14 JustLoveEchelon

JustLoveEchelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

I'm sorry to some people this to say...

I think that a Meet & Greet us just is for more money for them... Come on who wants to paid $900 for a few seconds...
I'm a huge fan of 30 seconds to mars, but this is not fair...

#15 -Shade-

-Shade-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 19 October 2011 - 06:20 PM, said:

Chances of seeing them without a Golden Ticket are close to zero nowadays. If one of them comes outside it's usually Shannon. Jared's came out a couple times in the past year. Tomo practically never comes out anymore. So good luck with getting their autographs! If they do come outside afterwards then they come out quite late, so count on several hours wait if you do want to try that!

Jared came out without a golden ticket :) Just a say hello an remember where I was from and said something about in my language. It can happen if you are in right place and like no hundreds of fans there watching. And what i heard it's no no to cameras. I didn't even try to get photos. I was just happy.

-Sorry guys I'm just happy- S.L

#16 emmaloves30stm

emmaloves30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

View Post-Shade-, on 06 November 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

Jared came out without a golden ticket :) Just a say hello an remember where I was from and said something about in my language. It can happen if you are in right place and like no hundreds of fans there watching. And what i heard it's no no to cameras. I didn't even try to get photos. I was just happy.

-Sorry guys I'm just happy- S.L

WOW!  I think that is a very rare site.  Did Shannon or Tomo come out as well??

#17 Tammy81

Tammy81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

is it 1 of the nyc shows? depending on how many gt's they sold, it might be pretty rushed(hoping that it won't be but considering how fast the gt's sold out for the 7th, i'm keeping my expectations low). last gt i did there were only like maybe 40ppl. it was really nice & no one went all fangirl in the room. always a bonus

#18 mfranklin808

mfranklin808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hi! How's your concert experience? Did you enjoy it?
Please visit my blogs at how to stop a divorce and how to save a marriage.

#19 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

View Postmfranklin808, on 01 December 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:

Hi! How's your concert experience? Did you enjoy it?
Please visit my blogs at how to stop a divorce and how to save a marriage.

Hey please visit my blogs at "how to be a bus licker" and "how to marry a rock star!"

have a good day

#20 bbogert

bbogert

Paddington Ambusher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT...

You're telling me stuff like this...
Posted Image

...and this...
Posted Image

...costs $900 now?!? I really need to get my autographed shirt back outta storage.

This is why I hate it when my favorite bands actually achieve the fame they deserve. Memories...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users