203 replies to this topic

#41 silverchair_princess

silverchair_princess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 03 October 2011 - 07:33 AM, said:

I see the  :P emoticon is very popular haha...
because everyone is so excited :D haha

#42 Lenaia

Lenaia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

View Posteevio, on 03 October 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

haha well there's someone at the event mentioning it http://www.facebook....288251851191307 but lots of ideas over there anyway

mars gear theme sounds good to me :P

hehe yeah feeling like a n00b again and who áre all these ppl ;P
also funny @marryyy her sig -list of gigs-"and more" xD no need to log on and update :P

[edit] i was wondering, on the pic in fipo there's a 'catwalk'in the middle of the venue, do they always have that or was that just for the concert on the pic? i've never been there, whats it like ? :P any advise on where to (not) go?

the catwalk is a stupid thing if U ask me. I knew when we were at pinkpop Jared had brought something special. The catwalk was lying on the ground and I kept telling people, that's for mars, AND I WAS RIGHT. I don't know if they drag it along every gig *prays to tomojesus they don't$ but basically don't stand in the middle of the barrier or u are fucked :P

#43 Lysith

Lysith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

It's an arena show :P so basicly the catwalk would be already set out when we enter
I can try to get more info about the stage layout on the day itself before we enter :P my sister works at the venue :)

I also think the stage of the venues are located lower than festival stages :) so that makes it less worse to have a catwalk around I think :)

And also another boyfriend here that can be added to the non-30stm liking group xD I think it's just a pride thing tho ... he introduced me to the band >< (his pickup line was ;; people tend to say I look like Jared Leto x'D at that time I didn't even know who Jared was )

#44 eevio

eevio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

View PostLenaia, on 03 October 2011 - 11:15 AM, said:

the catwalk is a stupid thing if U ask me. I knew when we were at pinkpop Jared had brought something special. The catwalk was lying on the ground and I kept telling people, that's for mars, AND I WAS RIGHT. I don't know if they drag it along every gig *prays to tomojesus they don't$ but basically don't stand in the middle of the barrier or u are fucked :P
hehe i've attended enough mars gigs to know around 3rd row in the middle isnt the place to be indeed xD
but i've only seen 1 show this year so i dont know how often they have it and i dont know the venue ..would be nice to know before we enter what's going on inside the arena :P (yeah there he is again :P)

View PostLysith, on 03 October 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

It's an arena show :P so basicly the catwalk would be already set out when we enter
I can try to get more info about the stage layout on the day itself before we enter :P my sister works at the venue :)

I also think the stage of the venues are located lower than festival stages :) so that makes it less worse to have a catwalk around I think :)

And also another boyfriend here that can be added to the non-30stm liking group xD I think it's just a pride thing tho ... he introduced me to the band >< (his pickup line was ;; people tend to say I look like Jared Leto x'D at that time I didn't even know who Jared was )

haha i once met a guy that told me , after i said i liked 30stm, that people tell him he looks like jared too. and then i looked again  :huh: nah not really.

#45 Lysith

Lysith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

I'll ask my sister if she can text us  the basic strategy information xD ! :P They mostly enter the venue 2-3 hours before the people are being let in.

and haha :D :P well mine did look quite a lot like this back then ;; [img]http://http://www.miserableretailslave.com/beth-mann-jared-leto.jpg[/img]
But well that was when he was like 15-16 years old, he even had the red dyed ends in his hair  :D
Well anyway he introduced me to the name Jared Leto so basicly he was quite honest about that and I wasn't really into that kind of music back then =P it's really weird how things chance in 4-5 years =P

#46 nikki02

nikki02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

The catwalk is a bitch for those who stand in the middle, up to 5rows! And they've used it everytime I saw them this year. So I'm betting big money that they'll bring it along to Belgium as well. Jared does love his runway where he can parade for his fangirls :lol: , raising his shirt once in a while :rolleyes: PS: bring earplugs hahahahahaha

#47 nikki02

nikki02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Who’s up for some promo!!!  :D

We’ve been thinking about it for a while now and came up with this.

To have the best result in promoting the gig next month, we were thinking about doing promo in different cities. Antwerp, Brussels, Hasselt, Gent,… We’ve set the date on Saturday, November 5th to hit the streets and spread the word to sell out the Lotto Arena! If there are other cities you wanna go to, feel free to add them here. But make sure you have enough people present to make the promo succesfull.
Below you’ll find a Roll Call where you just put your name if and which city you’ll be at. We picked these 4 cities cause they’re one of the bigger ones here.  ;-)
After we know who can go where and if we have enough people, we can continue planning.

What are the plans? Well, first of all we’ll be handing out flyers and hanging up posters (if allowed by the local law!), talk to people about MARS,… The way we always did promo!
I’m currently busy in designing a flyer/poster, which I’ll post here once it’s finished. You’re all free to make your own flyers as well of course!

What I also thought was that we could do something extra, like help raising money for the ‘Pukkelpop Steunfonds’. MARS was suppose to play that day, but instead they helped out people where they could cause tragedy struck the festival site. We can follow their good example and help the victims ourselves.
So we could, while doing promo on the streets, sell something small like cupcakes. Its easy to make, transport and its something everyone likes. Or lollipops. Something small, which costs almost nothing but that we can sell for €1 or something.

[ECHELON 4 PUKKELPOP] What do you all think?

Here’s the Roll Call. If you can join us on Saturday November 5th, copy and past this and add your name to the city you’re coming to.

Antwerp

Nikki
Wendy
Cassie

Brussels

Hasselt

Gent

PS: Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Myspace,... Not everyone comes here and we wanna make sure everyone has the opportunity to join us!
Hope all of you can come!!!

#48 SisterMars_Tina

SisterMars_Tina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

View Postnikki02, on 05 October 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

To have the best result in promoting the gig next month, we were thinking about doing promo in different cities. Antwerp, Brussels, Hasselt, Gent,… We’ve set the date on Saturday, November 5th to hit the streets and spread the word to sell out the Lotto Arena! If there are other cities you wanna go to, feel free to add them here. But make sure you have enough people present to make the promo succesfull.
Below you’ll find a Roll Call where you just put your name if and which city you’ll be at. We picked these 4 cities cause they’re one of the bigger ones here.  ;-)
After we know who can go where and if we have enough people, we can continue planning.

What are the plans? Well, first of all we’ll be handing out flyers and hanging up posters (if allowed by the local law!), talk to people about MARS,… The way we always did promo!
I’m currently busy in designing a flyer/poster, which I’ll post here once it’s finished. You’re all free to make your own flyers as well of course!

What I also thought was that we could do something extra, like help raising money for the ‘Pukkelpop Steunfonds’. MARS was suppose to play that day, but instead they helped out people where they could cause tragedy struck the festival site. We can follow their good example and help the victims ourselves.
So we could, while doing promo on the streets, sell something small like cupcakes. Its easy to make, transport and its something everyone likes. Or lollipops. Something small, which costs almost nothing but that we can sell for €1 or something.

Here’s the Roll Call. If you can join us on Saturday November 5th, copy and past this and add your name to the city you’re coming to.

Antwerp

Nikki
Wendy
Cassie

Brussels

Hasselt

Gent

PS: Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Myspace,... Not everyone comes here and we wanna make sure everyone has the opportunity to join us!

Love to come to Antwerp too!
Greets
Tina

Edited by SisterMars_Tina, 05 October 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#49 nikki02

nikki02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

View Postnikki02, on 05 October 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Antwerp

Nikki
Wendy
Cassie
Tina

Brussels

Hasselt

Gent

#50 30stKim

30stKim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

An Antwerp promo hang-out sounds good to me! Count me in!

#51 silverchair_princess

silverchair_princess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

i can't really tell right now if i'm able to make it because this year i do alot of internship
and have to write my thesis (final year of nursing school)$
So it's possible i have to work in the hospital that day
or am just way to busy doing school-stuff. But i'll see ...

Btw i'm from BRUGES :D  XD :P
so i'll check it out to hang up some awsome-kick-ass-marsposters around school/city ... :D

#52 SisterMars_Tina

SisterMars_Tina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:52 AM

We are gonna do this in Antwerp! Hell Yeah
Who got flyers?????

#53 Lenaia

Lenaia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

View PostSisterMars_Tina, on 06 October 2011 - 02:52 AM, said:

We are gonna do this in Antwerp! Hell Yeah
Who got flyers?????

Nikki is making some flyers and I think we are still waiting on some official promo material from EMI (Nikki/Wendy) have u girls heard anything about it? So once nikki is done she'll spread them so we can print them to put them up !

#54 SisterMars_Tina

SisterMars_Tina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

View PostLenaia, on 06 October 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

Nikki is making some flyers and I think we are still waiting on some official promo material from EMI (Nikki/Wendy) have u girls heard anything about it? So once nikki is done she'll spread them so we can print them to put them up !

Good thx
I'll hear it!

#55 Evii

Evii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

I'm probably coming to Antwerp as well.

btw: Saw some posters in Brussels today and Yvana texted me there's even a poster in her school!

#56 Lysith

Lysith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

Well I can make it to Antwerp after 17.45 :( I have a full time job as a sales attendant and my bosses don't like giving us a few hours on saturdays ><
So I don't know if there are people up for evening/night promo's xD (oh god I really do hate my job even more now :P)

*edit (so I don't double post myself)
I just copy pasted the twitter message onto the Facebook event :) so it reaches as many people as possible

#57 nikki02

nikki02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

Antwerp

Nikki
Wendy
Cassie
Tina
30stKim
Evii
Lysith ?

The general idea was to do promo on 1 day in different cities but I guess it'll only be Antwerp then  ;)

We're gonna bring official posters with us, we're seeing now if we can have flyers as well.

@Lysith: We might still be in Antwerp after 6pm, dunno yet. Depends what the actual plans will be. Will see later. You can always come and we can have some dinner and have a drink afterwards for those who wanna stay in town.  ;)
Seeing forward in meeting all of you!

#58 Thally

Thally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

View Postnikki02, on 12 October 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

The general idea was to do promo on 1 day in different cities but I guess it'll only be Antwerp then  ;)

We're gonna bring official posters with us, we're seeing now if we can have flyers as well.

@Lysith: We might still be in Antwerp after 6pm, dunno yet. Depends what the actual plans will be. Will see later. You can always come and we can have some dinner and have a drink afterwards for those who wanna stay in town.  ;)

Nikki add me to Antwerp promo will you?  B), I've got to work but I'll meet with you girls after so!

#59 Lysith

Lysith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

Okay sounds pretty awesome :D ! I'll be there right after work ! (luckly I don't work that far away from the city centre :D)

#60 Lenaia

Lenaia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

View Postnikki02, on 12 October 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

I was actually talking with Thally to have dinner with all the girls after the promo day ... Nikki you read my mind woman :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users