In fact I bought the seated tix...on Eventim the stand places are sold out o.o

#22 Princess of Mars

Princess of Mars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:41 AM

I have 2 Standing Tickets for 29th of Nov [Cologne] for SALE .. I live in UAE but will be in Cologne on the day of the concert. Currently the Tickets are with my friend in Dusseldorf.

If interested please contact me (email: cuteprincess106@gmail.com)

#23 Lilith13

Lilith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

Selling my standing ticket.
I live in the Netherlands and won't be in cologne, so mail only!
If interested send me a mail: 13.LillyAnn@gmail.com

#24 J30STM

J30STM

"Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Just got back from Cologne...ALERT If you don't like negative comments, you might wanna skip this post!

The worst show I've been too by far, definitely my last! J has wrecked his voice by not taking care of it & it now ( rather has already previously ) starts to show...it's weak, he doesn't have the power it used to have anymore and it all sounded hoarse. Only good bit was the acoustic bit ( have video, might even upload it at one point ) He didn't even sing 50% of the lyrics...BTW Best show ever in Germany......MY ASS!!

More chit chat no one is interested in. WTH am I having to stomp, stomp, clap for...I did that for TIW already and asking a girl on stage is more wasted playing time. The girl asked to hear "The Mission" and J tells her "Oh but we only have time for one more song..." And that of course should be Kings & Queens. Then cut out the extra shit that is unnecessary!

For me this was wasted money as I have seen this show 4 or 5 times already. Hearing J say in an interview for Belgian radio last week that the shows are getting better each date & they do something special each time makes me wonder if he suffers from amnesia each time he steps on that stage. Having been to enough shows, I think I have valid comparison material to distinguish a good from a bad show, cause I know they can do soo much better!

Crowd wasn't really into it from where I was standing and Marion said where they were standing nobody moved or sang along up front.

Best bit for me was during the gathering of bodies, when Tomo & Shannon played Metallica. That shit rocks!! And seeing Shannon play never gets boring.

I know there will be people that attended, that won't agree with my review, but that's why it is MY REVIEW based on my personal experience  ;)

Setlist for tonigt:
* Escape
* A Beautiful Lie
* This Is War
* Search & Destroy
* Vox Populi
* Night Of The Hunter
* L490
* A Modern Myth ( acoustic )
* The Kill ( Acoustic start )
* The Kill  ( full band )
* Closer To The Edge
* Hurricane Full Length Video
* Instrumental Jam
* Kings & Queens

An example of tonight...
http://www.youtube.c...&v=AqpFhxUlMbU#!
Credit: herztamtam

* We've had a good run & it was fun while it lasted when it was still good, but here comes the time where we go our separate ways... *

#25 missprovehitoinaltum

missprovehitoinaltum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I think last night was amazing! But i do agree with J30stm that Jared's voice was better at orther gigs.
but it still was amazing :)

#26 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

Mhh not much happening in this thread.

I finally uploaded my vids to You Tube from Cologne.

#27 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

Last one

#28 Miss_Sil

Miss_Sil

[EMHC]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Does that really surprise you? Thanks for the vids anyway.

#29 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

View PostMiss_Sil, on 05 December 2011 - 01:12 PM, said:

Does that really surprise you? Thanks for the vids anyway.
Do you mean because of my review or because hardly any reviews get posted here anymore at all?
You are welcome.

#30 Miss_Sil

Miss_Sil

[EMHC]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Because hardly any reviews are posted here anymore. Your opinion is your opinion. I don't judge :)

#31 missprovehitoinaltum

missprovehitoinaltum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:30 AM

This are my gig pictures, i know the quality isn't that good but i still wanted to upload them :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

View PostMiss_Sil, on 05 December 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

Because hardly any reviews are posted here anymore. Your opinion is your opinion. I don't judge :)
Should have known that was it, but wasn't when I read it at first :)

Sad how things changed from just 2 years, as I remember the show threads being full with reviews & stuff people posted as they waited for other's to pass on info from the gig....I do miss those fun times  :(

@Anouk They look good to me!

#33 Miss_Sil

Miss_Sil

[EMHC]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

It's okay :) Worse things can happen and I know we can agree to disagree for I had a great time at the show and liked it. Wasn't as good as antwerp but still I liked it.

I know right? I remember when they played in Helsinki in 2008 and everyone was in the Roll Call thread pressing f5 like a maniac to get some updates. It's sad but I guess that's what comes around with the use of Facebook and twitter and so on. Plus I've read on the German Boards (or was it Facebook?) that a lot of people don't care about forums anymore. Especially not if you have to talk in English.

Anouk: Thanks for the pics! I like them.

Will put some of mine up I think.. gotta edit and upload them and at the moment I just don't find the energy to do that.

#34 J30STM

J30STM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostMiss_Sil, on 06 December 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

It's okay :) Worse things can happen and I know we can agree to disagree for I had a great time at the show and liked it. Wasn't as good as antwerp but still I liked it.

I know right? I remember when they played in Helsinki in 2008 and everyone was in the Roll Call thread pressing f5 like a maniac to get some updates. It's sad but I guess that's what comes around with the use of Facebook and twitter and so on. Plus I've read on the German Boards (or was it Facebook?) that a lot of people don't care about forums anymore. Especially not if you have to talk in English.

Will put some of mine up I think.. gotta edit and upload them and at the moment I just don't find the energy to do that.
Yup, we agree to disagree on this one ;) Glad you had a good time though! Heard Antwerp was lots better...

I understand that FB has taken over & maybe it's natural evolving with all the social media. I like FB, but for what we used this forum, FB is no comparison imo. We have lost the instant excitement from before. That is the case for gig nights more then ever. But am wondering if it also doesn't have something to do with the fact that the gigs these days are all the same. Before we would spent time in here on gig nights, just to have fun & see what stuff would happen on stage or songs were played...like the surprises everyone would go crazy about & get you excited for your upcoming show!

That is all gone & I think it's partly the band's fault as well...Ah well, hopefully that will chance at some point in the future.. I hope!

Since I have new laptop, I haven't logged on to the German forum, also because you mentioned it wasn't as fun as before. Lots of "fights"....
Tried logging on, but something must have changed as it doesn't recognize my password anymore.

Looking forward to your pics, only shot some video this time around.

#35 Miss_Sil

Miss_Sil

[EMHC]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

Antwerp WAS better. I mean they've played BOO. I went nuts there... Seriously... that was worth the trip.

Yes I do understand that, too. Partly at least. But still.. I just... not every gig was different but I know what you mean. But I guess it's also the people that just... changed. It starts with reading stuff regarding the band. I've seen a ton of people that are just too lazy to read stuff so why a forum? A ton of people can't be arsed to read anything about this band except the "JARED LIETO IS OH SO FUCKING DREAMY!" stuff on Facebook and since that never really happened here there's no interest in coming here. At least I think that's a part of why this is dying. Facebook is a lot quicker too (which I noticed during a massive discussion/fight in the german echelon group)

We're on the same side with the hoping though ;) I hope things change again and that there won't be a ton of chicks at gigs screaming "JARED U SO PRETTY!" "JARED I WANT UR BABIES!" in my ear because that is more annoying than anything else. I can't even hear his babbling which I really prefer in that case :P

Oh just leave that board. It's not really worth it. It's gotten better though but still... I don't really read on there. I prefer this forum.

So now that you're waiting I actually *have* to upload and edit them.. le sigh! Or check my Facebook account lol

#36 Lorne

Lorne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

Does anyone remember the name of the other support band at this gig Our Mountain and ....

#37 KateSTM

KateSTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostLorne, on 16 January 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Does anyone remember the name of the other support band at this gig Our Mountain and ....
The other band was: Vermont JOY Parade

#38 germanechelonsoldier

germanechelonsoldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

View Postmissprovehitoinaltum, on 30 November 2011 - 03:09 AM, said:

I think last night was amazing! But i do agree with J30stm that Jared's voice was better at orther gigs.
but it still was amazing :)

I also don't judge ANYONE here, that's my opinion ;)

I loved the show too although they've had much better concerts if I'm honest... But you can't tour over 2 years and play 300 shows without getting used to do this. My opinion is that the boys can't do something completely new every single night but the problem is that if you visit several shows you kinda can predict some of Jareds phrases but then you have to put yourself in his position and think of the fact if you wouldn't do the same...
The only thing I have to mention a bit negatively is the tracklist... I miss the old songs like "Capricorn", "Echelon", "Buddha for Mary" and so on!

The thing that makes me feel so connected to the band is the music (especially the hidden messages I discovered by myself and for myself) and that's the reason why I can't get mad about them -no matter how bad they would ever play! That's me  :P

And the magical atmosphere every Marsshow has is that you feel connected through the music and we are one, I mean: WE ARE THE ECHELON!!!
(I HATE those people who are just there because they think it's mainstream and just watched a few movies from Jared or have seen Shannon or Tomo on youtube and just want to be their groupies!!!; there was a woman standing next to me who completely lost control over herself, just screamed "oh Shannon, SHANNON!!!" all the time and kinda got an orgasm by watching Hurricane!!!  :o )

The thing with Twitter and Facebook is nothing you can judge the boys for I think... We are the sad ones living in a world which gets more and more unpersonal! I loves forums like this (and I enjoy writing on English) because there are only those people who wanna talk to you about the themes and topics you're talking about! Or I hope so ^_^

30 Seconds to Mars is something special for me! They are them and they are unique! OMMFG I LOVE THEM!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users