Jump to content


What is your least favorite Thirty Seconds to Mars Song?


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

I am compelled to find out what songs the fans of Thirty Seconds to Mars allege to be their least favorite, out of all three albums the band has put out.

For myself, personally, I would truly have to say that my absolute least favorite Thirty Seconds to Mars song would be This Is War, the fourth track on the album which goes by the same name. The first time I heard this particular song, and I still feel the same whenever I listen to it, is that it makes me think of musical theater/Broadway, and how perfect this track would be set on a theater stage to some sort of storyline along with other songs, perchancely having to do with fighting and war? Reasonably, it is the summit/choir which throws this song completely off for myself, and allots it to an even cheesier-like sentiment... as if the lyrics did not already contain a degree of corniness *accompanied by the music video*. I sincerely apologize if anybody happens to disagree and finds This Is War to be one of their favorite songs of all time, but I personally cannot stand this song, and I never electively choose to listen to it.

#2 ss_incubus

ss_incubus

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

The fantasy.

#3 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Vox Populi, 100 Suns etc songs with basically no lyrics, no elements of Rock anywhere and just a stupid cheesy choir. The Fantasy and This Is War are very good, why do you hate The Fantasy!?

#4 ss_incubus

ss_incubus

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

I don't hate any song, just thats my least favorite  ;)

#5 BuddhaForMama

BuddhaForMama

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hurricane. Don't know why, just have something against it. Love the video, just don't like the song.
used to skip Vox too, but just recently learned to appreciate it. Love the lyrics, but song in total will not be
my favorite. But for amazing lyrics I will let Vox pass. Just Hurricane. Esp the Kanye one. Yuk. Skip.

#6 twiggy91

twiggy91

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

i personally dont like anarchy in tokyo.
it just annoys me. im not really sure why though.

#7 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostBuddhaForMama, on 09 September 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hurricane. Don't know why, just have something against it. Love the video, just don't like the song.
used to skip Vox too, but just recently learned to appreciate it. Love the lyrics, but song in total will not be
my favorite. But for amazing lyrics I will let Vox pass. Just Hurricane. Esp the Kanye one. Yuk. Skip.

Lol Kanye douchebag with his awful auto tuning ways.

#8 I.R.A

I.R.A

    BULLSEYE

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

View Posttwiggy91, on 09 September 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

i personally dont like anarchy in tokyo.
it just annoys me. im not really sure why though.
:(

#9 twiggy91

twiggy91

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

:/ sorry.
it might be the female part of it.
im really not sure.

#10 I.R.A

I.R.A

    BULLSEYE

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

It's all good. It's my favorite though beyond the rest. :)

#11 Mars.echelon

Mars.echelon

    Not So Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

The Story and Was It A Dream.

#12 jaime014

jaime014

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

93 mllion miles, just the start

#13 TheJaredLetoLover

TheJaredLetoLover

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

View PostCoco Converse, on 09 September 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

I am compelled to find out what songs the fans of Thirty Seconds to Mars allege to be their least favorite, out of all three albums the band has put out.

For myself, personally, I would truly have to say that my absolute least favorite Thirty Seconds to Mars song would be This Is War, the fourth track on the album which goes by the same name. The first time I heard this particular song, and I still feel the same whenever I listen to it, is that it makes me think of musical theater/Broadway, and how perfect this track would be set on a theater stage to some sort of storyline along with other songs, perchancely having to do with fighting and war? Reasonably, it is the summit/choir which throws this song completely off for myself, and allots it to an even cheesier-like sentiment... as if the lyrics did not already contain a degree of corniness *accompanied by the music video*. I sincerely apologize if anybody happens to disagree and finds This Is War to be one of their favorite songs of all time, but I personally cannot stand this song, and I never electively choose to listen to it.
mm..Buddah For Marry...I feel like it's a little offensive..and I'm not even christian!

#14 Fatima F

Fatima F

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

'The Fantasy' and most of the S/T songs. Not that they're not good. The former, I feel weird about it and the latter, it's just that they're a little tooo Rock while I prefer Alternative...

#15 Nine

Nine

    BORN VILLAIN

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

VOX POOPULI ...for always will be the worst song ever written. I've heard better Justin Bieber tunes.

View PostTheJaredLetoLover, on 10 September 2011 - 03:04 AM, said:

mm..Buddah For Marry...I feel like it's a little offensive..and I'm not even christian!

Your name sucks and so does your opinion. Fact!

#16 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

View PostNine, on 10 September 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

VOX POOPULI ...for always will be the worst song ever written. I've heard better Justin Bieber tunes.



Your name sucks and so does your opinion. Fact!

Lol, I totally agree with this.

#17 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

View PostFatima F, on 10 September 2011 - 05:24 AM, said:

'The Fantasy' and most of the S/T songs. Not that they're not good. The former, I feel weird about it and the latter, it's just that they're a little tooo Rock while I prefer Alternative...

Why does everyone hate The Fantasy?  :angry: Is it because it's sexual? Also, I think you'll find that Alternative falls under the genre ROCK, so that last line makes no sense. What you could have said was, I don't like s/t because it's mainly metal and I don't like metal but then you'd also have to say the same for Battle Of One, Attack etc.

#18 Fatima F

Fatima F

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

View Post30STM2002-2008RIP, on 10 September 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

Why does everyone hate The Fantasy?  :angry: Is it because it's sexual? Also, I think you'll find that Alternative falls under the genre ROCK, so that last line makes no sense. What you could have said was, I don't like s/t because it's mainly metal and I don't like metal but then you'd also have to say the same for Battle Of One, Attack etc.

For me, the melody is a little annoying, especially in the chorus!

Also, there's a difference between pure Rock and Alternative Rock and I believe S/T is pure Rock + Metal + Post Grunge. But overall, I need to pick my favorites because it really depends on your mood as well so you can't strictly judge by the genre. Though I still prefer Alternative Rock if I have to choose.
For example, I listen to Linkin Park and I love 'The Catalyst' and even 'Bleed it out', but I can't stand 'Given Up'. :) Same for other bands with other genres!

#19 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

    Speshul case

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

Genres are labels and labels are for cans.

93 Million Miles.

#20 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

View PostFatima F, on 10 September 2011 - 07:06 AM, said:

For me, the melody is a little annoying, especially in the chorus!

Also, there's a difference between pure Rock and Alternative Rock and I believe S/T is pure Rock + Metal + Post Grunge. But overall, I need to pick my favorites because it really depends on your mood as well so you can't strictly judge by the genre. Though I still prefer Alternative Rock if I have to choose.
For example, I listen to Linkin Park and I love 'The Catalyst' and even 'Bleed it out', but I can't stand 'Given Up'. :) Same for other bands with other genres!

Lol, I see. Linkin Park's new album is shit, I liked their more Hard rocking stuff like SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!

Anyway, why does everyone hate 93 Million Miles??? It kicks ass! Especially the beat.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users