26 replies to this topic

#1 THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS

THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

Note from Moderator: These answers are thanks to Shannon.

what is the thing you miss the most of your beginning as a band?

Maybe I miss being able to walk around the venues being unnoticed other than that aaaaaall goooood!

Now that you're booking huge venues, are you interested in doing smaller intimate venues anymore?

We do actually play some smaller venues sometimes... There is something to said playing a smaller venue after playing bigger venues. A little more intimate and a little more ol' school... It's fun.

You get a lot of stuff from your fans, what do you really do with it? If you have a garage sale can we come?

We are collecting as much as we can and might have a MUSEUM OF MARS!

What about the Artifact? When will the documentary come out?

Soon. ;)

It seems that with TIW, you've come full circle with S/T all about exploration, ABL about self perception and awareness, and TIW about struggle and freedom (from what I feel they are about) are you then going to come out with a 4th album that will incorporate what made each of those albums great (drum solo's, electronics, the outerspacy guitar riffs, more screamy vocals, and echelon choirs) into one?

We could. :) We'll all have to wait and see!

I'm curious, has there ever been a prank war between you guys? If so, what's one of the best pranks played- by who and to who? You guys seem like a wild and crazy bunch if kept in confined spaces for too long, I can see pranks being played left and right.. Like what you did to Violent Soho at their last show touring with you. (You crazy kids!)

We sometimes have pulled pranks on other people but never on each other.

Do you ever believe there will come a time where all the words in eternity, and every combination possible of them, will already be used in music, and it will be literally impossible to come up with new lyrics?

You're right... It will turn into whistles, grunts and groans and some snapping of fingers and hand clapping.

Is Bart Cubbins going to direct all the videos from now on?

Hope so.

Would you guys ever consider translating, and then recording, your songs into other languages?

That would be interesting.

#2 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

Thanks mod.

Add beat boxing.

#3 muldutch

muldutch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Cool.

#4 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Shannon, thank-you so much for your time in regards to stopping over here on the forum and responding to some questions! It is genuinely appreciated! :)

#5 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

What about the Artifact? When will the documentary come out?

Soon.

That's what they said a year ago...

#6 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

96 members are reading this topic right now! I didn't know so many people still lurked here at once. Looks like the band heard our distress calls yesterday to make another visit!! Ishida, what did I tell you? They listen to us and read our posts! Thank you, Shan! Please stop by again tomorrow! We miss you when you don't visit often.

#7 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

Ball buster Extraordinaire , No newb here..Incognito 2001

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

Man, those are some dumb ass questions. wow.

#8 KateSTM

KateSTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thank you, Shannon.  :)

#9 EcheL490n

EcheL490n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Shannon for taking the time! <3

#10 arwen_kivlis

arwen_kivlis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for these :)
"
i can just imagine everyone groaning when they read the dreaded word "Soon" lol

#11 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

Nice of you to post, thanks bunches.

#12 Clippership333

Clippership333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Shannon for paying attention to your fans!!! We really appreciate it! :D

#13 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostTHIRTYSECONDSTOMARS, on 30 July 2011 - 11:08 AM, said:

Is Bart Cubbins going to direct all the videos from now on?

Hope so.

Haha thanks for answering my question! And I hope so too. ;)

#14 krixxy1

krixxy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

I haven't been around this forum for so long but I already love it, thanks for your replies Shannon  ;)  I can't wait for the next set of questions to be answered!  B)

#15 SvtHoff

SvtHoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:06 AM

Thanks to Shannon for taking the time to answer a few questions! :)

Do you ever believe there will come a time where all the words in eternity, and every combination possible of them, will already be used in music, and it will be literally impossible to come up with new lyrics?
You're right... It will turn into whistles, grunts and groans and some snapping of fingers and hand clapping.
Lolz! I can totally see that happening :P

#16 ChloEchelon

ChloEchelon

Chloe '5 times' Echelon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for answering Shannon :)

Shocked to see them lurking on here so soon!

#17 LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

WooHoo!!!!!! Thanks Shannon!!!!!!!!

#18 Sam Linnett

Sam Linnett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

terrible... sorry... the fans on this forum are not interested in those questions apart form Artifact. this is a joke.
why cant you ask them why they continue to play pretty much EXACTLY the same setlist over and over and over again when they've been touring for 2 years. fed up with this all now!!!! :(

i completely appreciate the time you've taken to answer these questions so i'm really sorry for sounding like an ungrateful moaner but i am a massive fan and i really want you to play more varied setlists! i'm just very passionate about this band.
i've seen 30STM on the TIW tour in Wembley, Lincoln, London O2 Arena - all the setlists were pretty much the same.

#19 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

*thanks Shannon. For the middle finger, too. Tomo's tongue looks like a triad up there^. heh, weird!

#20 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostSam Linnett, on 03 August 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

terrible... sorry... the fans on this forum are not interested in those questions apart form Artifact. this is a joke.
why cant you ask them why they continue to play pretty much EXACTLY the same setlist over and over and over again when they've been touring for 2 years. fed up with this all now!!!! :(

i completely appreciate the time you've taken to answer these questions so i'm really sorry for sounding like an ungrateful moaner but i am a massive fan and i really want you to play more varied setlists! i'm just very passionate about this band.
i've seen 30STM on the TIW tour in Wembley, Lincoln, London O2 Arena - all the setlists were pretty much the same.
i am sure they heard just about every question, complaint, compliment these crazy fucking fans could come up with but yes a better setlist would be great. I am sick of going to a video and hearing the same shit. Isn't it sad that the only time people can really tell the fututre is if you are going to a mars concert.

and seriously i want to see artifact like now. and fuck i'm in a grumpy mood. i can just tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users