A beautiful lie
This is war
100 suns
Search & Destroy
Vox Populi
Night of the hunter
L490 (with bowl)
Alibi (acc from soundboard)
part of Kings&Queens (acc from soundboard)
The Kill (acc from soundboard and the end Full Band - after a nice monkey-jump from jared on the barrier, followed by a run through the audience)
From yesterday
Closer to the edge
Hurricane (video)
half an hour records stomp, stomp, clap etc.
Kings and Queens

#102 elenastef

elenastef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Our Mountain is really bad the first time but after seeing them for 3 times, i got used to them and now i even know their songs. :P  The setlist wasn't great, i think 15.000 people deserved something else but the show itself was good.

#103 Julchen

Julchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:21 AM

Our Mountain was painful...most people cheered when they left the stage  :lol:

The Mars show itself was (in my opinion) okay. Tomo and Shannon were amazing and it was good to see, that Tomo was his own rocking out self again (I missed that at my last shows). Jared didn't sing as much as a SINGER may should but whatever. I guess we are used to it by now but it's obviously getting worse. My highlights were Night of the Hunter, Alibi and (to my surprise) From Yesterday. He really nailed FY contrary to last year's show in Vienna which had my ears bleeding and screaming for release  :lol:

All in all, it was an okay show, I've seen better but worse too

p.s. Aftershow Party = amazing!
the barely legal girls offering their flesh to Shannon was a little too much for me though  :mellow:

#104 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Can anyone elaborate on the after party? Just curious.

#105 Julchen

Julchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

View PostMistressred, on 29 November 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

Can anyone elaborate on the after party? Just curious.

my friends and me arrived at approx 2.30am (we had to wait outside for quite some time because the club was not letting people in. The security kind of ignored people with tickets and it took some time until we got through to him) and Antoine and Shannon were already djing. It was fun, Antoine was djing, Shannon was adding his drumming to the songs. He had some solos too. They played until 5am without a break (or I just missed it, I took every opportunity to sit down and escape the crowd since I was having severe backpains  <_< )
They definitely know how to work a crowd. Everyone was dancing, having fun. Even the people who weren't fans were really into it. In the end Shannon even got down on the dancefloor and danced with the people there. He was also shaking hands (but he missed my hand, raised to high five him  :lol: )
Antoine kind of spilled the beans on their upcoming world tour and said they would be back in Vienna "soon"

I really did enjoy their show (more than the concert, actually :rolleyes: ) and I'd suggest going to one of their upcoming gigs if you have the chance to. It's worth it :)

#106 exactly_dude!

exactly_dude!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

^ I came around 2 am and also waitred a bit, I heard it was because of the people that had no tickets even though that kinda doesn't make sense. Haha, I know what you mean with these girls.

Agreeing with everyone. I'm glad I didn't queue, I rather went around the city and got a lovely spot by the soundboard. The setlist was pretty disappointing comparing to Hohenems one. NOTH+FY+Alibi+ The Kill were amazing. And I really don't understand why they're still playing Hurricane video, I can view it at home in much better quality without the red bars. The plus side was that the band seemed to be in a good mood. That last part with stomping and clapping - I didn't really get it. Okay, nice, but that shouldn't affect the gig. It was an okay gig, my fav would still be Zagreb. Awesome people I was there made it super fun though. Yelling Buddha with K+Q (lyrics) scarf during acoustic set when J asked for requests doesn't help either (I didn't realize what I was holding up...). I wouldn't say it sucked, it was good, except for the setlist and mood killing Hurricane video (okay, I found people that enjoyed it a bit more annoying, I can't help with it but I paid 40€ for live music).

Oh, yes, the afterparty was beyong amazing! We all had fun, I couldn't believe how energetic Shannon was, almost 3 full hours of pure energy. They were awesome and it was a nice ending to past two years, a real party. I usually can't stand clubs but here I was one of the last to leave. I enjoyed the afterparty more than the gig, I really didn't expect it to be THAT fun.

Oh, and security was really nice - both in the club and at Stadthalle. And Our Mountain, I just heard they really suck but I didn't believe they can be that bad, but then I saw they really were.

#107 Julchen

Julchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:53 PM

according to Antoine 300 people had to be sent home because they couldn't get in anymore. That's crazy

lol I don't get the "campers" anyway. My friends and me arrived 40 minutes after doors were opened and we got a spot between the runway and the soundboard. Perfect view, perfect sound, being able to breath and actually move - perfectly fine. Some people act as if they'd die if they won't get a front row spot...I'm too old for this, I'd probably die because I'm crushed to death in a front row  :lol:

but it's good to know there still are people with opinions who actually respect other opinions as well. I've heard from fans fighting with their FRIENDS because they said the show wasn't that good  <_<

#108 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

^ Thanks guys for the recaps.

#109 exactly_dude!

exactly_dude!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

Np! :)

If you believe it or not, I was pleasantly surprised about opinions. I run local Echelon page and next day I asked them how was the gig? Everyone, including the younger ones who were in front rows, said it was okay, that the setlist sucked but otherwise it was good. Last time I said something like that I almost got killed, poor girlies defending the band.

#110 krixxy1

krixxy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

anyone got links for pictures and all? would really love to see them :) and maybe spot myself on stage too! :D
it was an amazing show!  :wub:

#111 elenastef

elenastef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

being in front of Jared at the end of the catwalk, i couldn't get some decent photos with Tomo and Shannon but here's a few of them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

yay Tomo:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#112 elenastef

elenastef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

i liked From Yesterday also, i mean, it's been a long time since i've heard Jared screaming "on his face is the map of the world!" :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users