Has anybody any positive comments about recent concerts, please?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Carole in Carlisle

Carole in Carlisle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm going to be going to my first Mars show in November in Paris and am pretty excited. However all the negative comments I've seen on this forum are beginning to worry me, especially as my friend who's going with me doesn't really know their music.....I was hoping she'd be converted. So please could we have some positive reviews on here? ...there must be some of you that have had good experiences.....I hope!!!!

#2 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

I put up a review, but it was NYE at Vegas last year. It does not matter what you read, let your friend listen to some of their music, and go and if you like it up front try to get there, and have fun.

#3 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

My review from the April 30th gig in Camden NJ was pretty positive but then again I was bound and determined to have fun that night...

"Life's what you make it"

Make it fun :)

#4 Christie

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

View PostCandyO, on 08 July 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

My review from the April 30th gig in Camden NJ was pretty positive but then again I was bound and determined to have fun that night...

"Life's what you make it"

Make it fun :)
I think attitude makes up 75% of wether you enjoy yourself or not... I always have a good time at shows mostly! But there's usually friends and lots of fun stuff going on so! I can't loose!

#5 Chickcrazy4_30stm

Chickcrazy4_30stm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

I went to a show in april this year and that was the best day of my life. I felt pure happiness singing along with jared. I also was with someone that didn't really listen to their music because they were my ride to st. Louis from kansas city so they had to attend the concert and they had a great time. I'm sure your gonna have a wonderful time you won't want the night to end.

#6 GeorgiaM.

GeorgiaM.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

I went to my 1st Mars concert a few days ago in Athens, Greece! I went with my cousin who knows only a few songs of the band... Now, she is affected by the Mars-Virus!! hahahahhaaaa... She wants more! Actually we all want more!

The band is always full of energy. Jared never stops moving around the stage and motivating the audience to participate in every step of the show.

It doesn't matter to them if the audience is 500 people or 5.000.000 people! THey always show the same respect & love!

We had an amazing night! So, don't bother reading what is written here & there. If you are in the mood of having a really great night, then you are going to.

ps. The only negative of the gig in Athens was the short setlist (but to tell you the truth nobody really cared about this!)

#7 elenh*

elenh*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

I also went to the Athens concert and despite the fact that at the start i was really dissapointed by jared's voice, in the end I found myself right in front of the stage screaming and pushing people to find a way to go up to the stage... anw a perfect experience for sure. P.S. Jared in real life is 1545876246582+ times more beautiful from what you see through a camera!

#8 GeorgiaM.

GeorgiaM.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

View Postelenh*, on 09 July 2011 - 02:17 AM, said:

I also went to the Athens concert and despite the fact that at the start i was really dissapointed by jared's voice, in the end I found myself right in front of the stage screaming and pushing people to find a way to go up to the stage... anw a perfect experience for sure. P.S. Jared in real life is 1545876246582+ times more beautiful from what you see through a camera!

Well about the voice thing..only in the first song he sounded a little weird..after that he sounded very good! BUT we should all keep in mind that he isn't very well for a long time now and according to his doctor he should cancel every concert left from the tour. Remember that after the gig in Milan he went to the hospital!

#9 Raquel

Raquel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

As long as you are prepared for a short set list, you will be fine.  I've liked every show I've been to--my only complaint, always, is that they don't play long enough.   :)

#10 Jamie W.

Jamie W.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

I have been to two Mars concerts, both in this year (and they were both the best night of my life!). One was at the House of Blues which does not hold that many people, and the other was at the Gibson Ampitheatre which holds about 6,000 people. Both concerts were amazing! The crowd and the band had so much energy. But as many people have said on here, your concert experience just depends on your attitude and what you are expecting. For example- at the Gibson show my friend and I waited in line for 5-6 hours in the freezing cold wearing shorts and tank tops. It actually turned out to be a great experience! Instead of focusing on the negative, we started talking to the people in line with us & we ended up meeting some super nice echelon from around the world.

My only complaint would be that the setlist is VERY short compared to other bands. They play probably about 2 hours worth of songs. Also, they hardly ever play songs from their S/T album at shows, which I don't really mind but I know that a lot of people do hate that.

Oh, and one last thing. If you are in the mosh pit, beware of the drunk people. At the Gibson show their was a drunk girl right next to me and my friend and she was extremely annoying. She kept stepping on my feet (in her heels!), she spilled her drink on me, and she kept pulling my hair.

Okay thats all I have to say! Sorry if I wrote too much haha. Enjoy the concert:)

#11 Carole in Carlisle

Carole in Carlisle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Thanks, everybody for all your positive comments. I am sure we're gonna have a fantastic time....after all nothing beats live music, especially when it's your favourite group.  We're gonna get there early as it's "free seating" and we want to get as near to the front as possible .....can't wait!!!

#12 echelondeutschland

echelondeutschland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

I'll just say that I have only great things to say about 30STM.  I keep going to shows over and over and it is worth it! It has been nice to meet Echelon in the USA and Europe. It can be a small world, I like that.

#13 Fatima F

Fatima F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:02 AM

Well it depends on you. There is a difference between 'enjoying a show' and 'enjoying a performance' .
I also went to the show in Athens, it was my only chance to see them live. But since I care about the performance more than having fun, I'm still very disappointed.
The thing is that 30STM has always been a perfect band and I think these performances are ruining their reputation, as well as their own health. I can't have a suggestion for them cuz it's very difficult but one thing for sure, they need to start thinking about what they're doing and what they had planned to do.
Anyway, don't miss your chance, no matter what happens, it's gonna be a memory... :)

#14 Pitchouill

Pitchouill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

If this concert will be your first one, then you will like it. Everybody likes his first show! :)
Don't expect a long setlist, don't expect a special show they play the same one every night now, don't expect anything in fact, just come and enjoy the show. Have fun and you will like it.
You come in Paris the 11th or the 12th of November ? :)

#15 elenastef

elenastef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

i've been to 3 shows already, including the one in Athens, standing front row i was able to hear Jared perfectly and i tell u this: the man has a hell of a voice. Only thing that's annoying for me is the whole crowd surfing for Kings&Queens, it's ruining the song.
my advice is don't read anymore reviews, go with your heart and mind open, for sure u're gonna enjoy it.

ps: i'm going to Paris also :)

#16 Tiff10

Tiff10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

View PostGeorgiaM., on 09 July 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

I went to my 1st Mars concert a few days ago in Athens, Greece! I went with my cousin who knows only a few songs of the band... Now, she is affected by the Mars-Virus!! hahahahhaaaa... She wants more! Actually we all want more!

The band is always full of energy. Jared never stops moving around the stage and motivating the audience to participate in every step of the show.

It doesn't matter to them if the audience is 500 people or 5.000.000 people! THey always show the same respect & love!

We had an amazing night! So, don't bother reading what is written here & there. If you are in the mood of having a really great night, then you are going to.

ps. The only negative of the gig in Athens was the short setlist (but to tell you the truth nobody really cared about this!)

The second negative thing was that there were no videowalls and in result the people far behind couldn't see them :(((((
Don't know if that was the bands fault or spicy entertainments fault!
Other than that Jared was great and i wish the concert lasted more!!!

#17 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

View PostTiff10, on 21 July 2011 - 04:48 AM, said:

The second negative thing was that there were no videowalls and in result the people far behind couldn't see them :(((((
Don't know if that was the bands fault or spicy entertainments fault!
Basically they've only had video walls in big Arenas and the Athens gig really wasn't that big to warrant video walls. While it would be great it would also mean they'd need to add a whole filming crew, cameras and editors to make that happen and for this tour the "own" gigs really aren't big enough to do that. Festivals have their own crew for that.  ;)

#18 Carole in Carlisle

Carole in Carlisle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostPitchouill, on 19 July 2011 - 02:33 AM, said:

If this concert will be your first one, then you will like it. Everybody likes his first show! :)
Don't expect a long setlist, don't expect a special show they play the same one every night now, don't expect anything in fact, just come and enjoy the show. Have fun and you will like it.
You come in Paris the 11th or the 12th of November ? :)

I'll be going to the show on the 11th but will be in Paris before and after as my husband works there. Hope I can find out which hotel they'll be staying at.....anybody know?

#19 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostCarole in Carlisle, on 22 July 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

Hope I can find out which hotel they'll be staying at.....anybody know?

See it's the invasion of their personal space / private time that I've really come to really dislike in this current fanbase. Staking out airports, hotels, restaurants. Really? I mean go to the show, have a blast there but is it really neccessary to to stalk them in places such as hotels? That to me is their personal time, personal space. Not too long ago this fanbase used to respect their personal space. We'd hang out after gigs, that was the time and place to chat with them. Get pics with them. But what they'd do outside of that (the gig night), people would give them the space & privacy...

Sorry nothing personal against you, just had to get that out.

#20 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

agree with the above post but somehow i feel like if the band didn't encourage this fanbase and go on about how much we are a fucking family, that maybe or just perhaps the fans wouldn't feel comfortable enough to pull this kind of shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users