#21 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

View PostPattiMars, on 19 October 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

OOOPS, did we already meet? Dunno when then... But I sure wanna re-meet you again!  :P
Ahah! No worries, i didn't say my username & been a while now. We met in Barcelona & took a pic of our tats. Ok not gonna help, we were a few... Then we'll re-meet again ;)

#22 tina73

tina73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Flying from Dublin to Paris a few days before,heading to Metz the night before and staying there the night of the concert--hope to see y'all there!!

#23 katvonjaxx

katvonjaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

anyone knows how to get from Lille to Amneville without having to go back to Paris? buses, anything?!

#24 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

View Postkatvonjaxx, on 09 November 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

anyone knows how to get from Lille to Amneville without having to go back to Paris? buses, anything?!
I haven't found any other way than going back to Paris with transportation.

However I just found out this link in which someone is offering car-sharing for Lille-Amneville on the 19th for 2people.
You can register loging in through facebook to get her contact information: http://www.covoitura...neville-3784466

#25 tina73

tina73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

The TGV train from Paris to Metz cost me 100euro return which is more than my flight!! I looked for a bus service but there appears to be none so ahd to take it!!!! If you have to get the train there's a list of prices for trains at different times but they are not cheap even at off peak!!!

#26 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

View Posttina73, on 09 November 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

The TGV train from Paris to Metz cost me 100euro return which is more than my flight!! I looked for a bus service but there appears to be none so ahd to take it!!!! If you have to get the train there's a list of prices for trains at different times but they are not cheap even at off peak!!!
Tip for next time! With SNCF the earlier you buy the train ticket the cheapest it is. I bought mine as soon as it was on line and paid Paris Mets 17 euros. In a few days, prices can arise tremendously and if you buy it at the last minute, most of the time it is unaffordable.

#27 katvonjaxx

katvonjaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

thanks for that, wildhorses! I appreciate it!

#28 tina73

tina73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

thanks wildhorses for the heads up--pity I dint get my rear into gear faster!!! Ive been feeling a bit like Im getting a heavy cold so not in top form at the minute so may have to cancel Saturday and change flights,get a TGV refund if poss and suck on some cold remedy instead!!!not too happy about it :(

#29 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

View Posttina73, on 14 November 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

thanks wildhorses for the heads up--pity I dint get my rear into gear faster!!! Ive been feeling a bit like Im getting a heavy cold so not in top form at the minute so may have to cancel Saturday and change flights,get a TGV refund if poss and suck on some cold remedy instead!!!not too happy about it :(
I've been also sick since Nantes but it didn't help me from going wild at the show. I slept 2 hours last night as I had to get back to Paris to work this morning and I've been really down today and I don't feel like I'm getting better. But you know what, I have 6 days to recover and I will! No way to be sick and miss a show knowing the end of the tour is getting close! Selfsuggestion and positive thoughts can be a very good friend as well as essential oils of thyme lol!

In a few words, don't think negatively now, you still have time to get better! ;)

#30 catx

catx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

Please is there anyone who had a golden ticket and havent received his photo yet? I still havent received anything:(

#31 tina73

tina73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

View Postwildhorses, on 14 November 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

I've been also sick since Nantes but it didn't help me from going wild at the show. I slept 2 hours last night as I had to get back to Paris to work this morning and I've been really down today and I don't feel like I'm getting better. But you know what, I have 6 days to recover and I will! No way to be sick and miss a show knowing the end of the tour is getting close! Selfsuggestion and positive thoughts can be a very good friend as well as essential oils of thyme lol!

In a few words, don't think negatively now, you still have time to get better! ;)

I did make it to Amneville!!! I arrived in  Paris last Wednesday and it was freezing so took some cold meds and wrapped up,felt better by Thurs and did a heap of sightseeing so a bit of exercise helped and I felt ok to make the trip to Metz on Fri!!! Queued from daft o'clock in the freezing fog at Le Galaxie,got a decent spot at the side of the pier stage.I didnt get to stay there long though cos as soon as Mars hit the stage I was moved forward in the frantic swaying and jumping.Lost my footing,couldnt secure both feet on the ground,got security to pull me out so watched it from the side of the crowd where there was some space!!!! I think I lasted about 3 songs amongst the squashed rabble!!! :P Did everyone have a good time???!!!

#32 wildhorses

wildhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

Oh good! Glad you could eventually make it!
I tried again front rows at the zenith on first night but left right away, too much negative attitudes now over there.
But when the venue is not too big and not shaped on length you can really enjoy from the back both the energy of the guys and the space to get wild like it was in Amneville.
I really enjoyed that show eventhough the audience was not at 100%, the marsmen had a very communicative energy. As from now, this leg is just perfect, we are turning the last page of the book TIW on a perfect ending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users