#1 Sam Linnett

Sam Linnett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

Dearest 30STM,

I love your music and have so much passion for what you guys do, what you write about and how amazingly talented you 3 are. I've been with you since day 1 and love ALL 3 albums.

Now...

It appears that you are pretty much playing the same setlist over and over and over again each night. There's nothing wrong with the songs you are playing because they are all amazing. But would it KILL you to mix it up a little bit???

Why don't you play some of them from A Beautiful Lie? I miss the likes of Savior and R-Evolve, my favourite ever 30STM track. And I've got to make a point for the massive S/T fans. If you squeezed in to one set Year Zero or something crazy like that, the fans would absolutely love it. I agree not everyone in the arena would know the song, but you guys should be playing for your oldest and most loyal fans, as well as your new ones.

So I'm at Leeds Festival this year. Push out R-Evolve for me and I'd be fucking made up!

Thank you for reading.

Sam

P.S. - I mean "OLDER" not "REAL" 30STM. Everyone here is a real fan :)

#2 beccaECHELON

beccaECHELON

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

I agree with you on this! Unfortunately it looks like I wont be seeing MARS again this year, but for the shows I went to, it'd would have been awesome to hear some of their older songs. Sure, I didn't get into MARS until the very beginning of the TIW era, but a lot of my favorite MARS songs are from the S/T and ABL. I understand that TIW is the new album and they're so proud of everything that they've done with it (I am too!), but so many people would love it if they played more songs from the first two albums. Like you said about R-Evolve, that is one of my top favorite MARS songs and if I heard it live, I'd be the happiest person in the world. Even just one song from the S/T would be perfect.

#3 Sam Linnett

Sam Linnett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:02 AM

I was really hoping more people would get in on this...! More importantly, I was hoping the band members might see it.

By the way Jared is talking, this could be their LAST EVER performance in the UK, if they split up. So why not do something really nice for the fans? Play The Believer or something crazy... Not acoustic but FULL BAND. Put From Yesterday back in the full band set. Leeds Festival will be the 5th time I've seen the band on the This Is War album tour. I just want to see some alterations in the setlists. :(

#4 30secondstolife

30secondstolife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

Yes.
I am from germany and I exactly want the same.
You can still play TIW songs, but you often ignore some classics like capricorn.
Songs like Capricorn need to be played Fullband.
I would love if you play a mixed setlist at your concerts in August.
Maybe those concerts would be the last ones, and everyone would like to hear something different.
I mean you always play the same.

#5 J30STM

J30STM

"Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

The reason you are not getting that many responses is: It's like "beating a dead horse"! We have been saying this for the past years now and it hasn't changed ( apart form the one off changed setlist )

I don't feel like getting worked up about it anymore cause it won't make one bit of difference. Reason I only had one show planned to go see this year ( and that was because it was practivcally in my backyard... ) Sorry...but that is how it is among most older fans out there right now.

#6 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

i guess there are just some things we can't let go

#7 30secondstolife

30secondstolife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

Yes.
We had so much awesome experiences together, and sometimes i miss some oldschool songs i really love more than Search and Destroy.
I mean, you wouldn't die, if you play 3 songs more than you played before.
About 90% in the arena know that songs and it would be very cool, if you play them.

Because my favorite Songs are still from S/T and ABL.
I love This is War and I have been on a lot of TIW concerts, but you always played the same.
With the time it's getting a little bit boring, and tickets are less attractive.
I would die for a concert with S/T Songs :D
I would pay my whole money.
Even if it's on the other side of the earth...
I will be there.

SO PLEASE PLEASE 30STM, ANSWER TO THIS.
We really appreachiate that.

Ps: Sorry for the mistakes, English is my second language^^

#8 Sam Linnett

Sam Linnett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

thank you for fueling the fire guys.
let yourself be heard.
that's what this band is all about. they always say it's not their band, it's all of ours.

you never know... they might mix it up this month but i'm doubting it.
i honestly love each album SO much. it's not that i dont love TIW. i just wanna hear some oldies too!!

thanks again for keeping this thread alive guys. - with your help maybe, JUST MAYBE, we'll get some full band old songs (like Savior, R-Evolve, Capricorn, End Of the Beginning).

Shannon answers some questions on July 30th and this was somewhat overlooked. Keep trying guys!!! PLEASE!!!

#9 fallenxmarsxgirl

fallenxmarsxgirl

DONT FEED THE PIGEONS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Completely agree with the OP but yea it is a wayyyy dead horse :(
I'd LOVE to hear Revolve, it's the only one from ABL I haven't heard. As for S/T, I'm not picky, it's all awesome...just pick one & play it.

#10 aloha !

aloha !

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

I don't know if you guys saw it but...

Girl pleases for some old songs and J gets angry

Except that a girl was really rude with "no, you listen to me" and whole situation..she got angry and he as well...talking about old songs is not safe cuz I think he took it very  personaly. I mean by saying we want old songs he thinks 'ok then the show is not good enough'.
I wouldnt mind if they played some old ones cuz I love them but I guess 30STM don't want it at all.

#11 30STM2002-2008RIP

30STM2002-2008RIP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

I've been saying this for a while, hope your question is answered mate.

#12 Sam Linnett

Sam Linnett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:45 AM

View Post30STM2002-2008RIP, on 27 August 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

I've been saying this for a while, hope your question is answered mate.
me too. but people keep asking stupid questions like "would you like to hear your songs in another language". what sort of question is that? oh yeah, i can imagine every mars fan is DYING to hear the answer to that *sarcastic tone*. unbelievable!!

is it true that they played Savior the gig AFTER Leeds festival (where I pleaded for it)????
Savior being one of my fave ever songs btw... the one i always moan about on this forum...?

#13 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

View Postaloha !, on 26 August 2011 - 04:46 AM, said:

I don't know if you guys saw it but...

Girl pleases for some old songs and J gets angry

Except that a girl was really rude with "no, you listen to me" and whole situation..she got angry and he as well...talking about old songs is not safe cuz I think he took it very  personaly. I mean by saying we want old songs he thinks 'ok then the show is not good enough'.
I wouldnt mind if they played some old ones cuz I love them but I guess 30STM don't want it at all.
jesus, people can get annoying with that shit. If the band wanted to play s/t they would, so stop asking.

#14 Sam Linnett

Sam Linnett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:43 AM

View PostI.R.A, on 23 September 2011 - 08:10 AM, said:

jesus, people can get annoying with that shit. If the band wanted to play s/t they would, so stop asking.
i agree that the way it was asked was bang out of order! terrible. those girls suck. every 30STM gig I have been to, regardless of setlist, has left me buzzing !
however - we should still make the point that a mixed up setlist is a little more exciting for the fans.
less acoustic, more full band.

#15 Sam Linnett

Sam Linnett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

THANK YOU 30 SECONDS TO MARS FOR LISTENING TO THE FANS!

The setlists are mixed around a bit more now. That's what we wanted. Just a bit more of the idles let stuff varied, and we'll be there.

#16 Aneczka

Aneczka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

I agree with you I went to 2nd show in Łódź - Poland. They played ABL, an then in acoustic set From yesterday and The Kill.
I don't want to complain - this was my first 30STM concert and wonderfull experience. But I envy just a little bit people who went to the 1st show, because they could hear also The story, they managed to get Jared perform Buddha for Mary in acoustic set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users