#61 Aitzi

Aitzi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

View Postbluehorizon, on 13 November 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

lol of course I knew this! Pardon me I answered a post from last night about the show updates in view new content
didn't even occur to me that it was in the wrong thread and to double check that it was the correct show night...
oh well oops  :lol: I was just trying to help
No problem ;)

#62 elenastef

elenastef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

setlist:

Escape
Night of the Hunter
A Beautiful Lie
Search&Destroy
Vox Populi
This Is War
100 Suns
L490
The Story - accoustic
Alibi - accoustic
The Kill - accoustic
From Yesterday - full band
Closer to The Edge
Hurricane - video screening
Kings&Queens

i don't remember the exact order :P

#63 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Setlist in order was:

Escape
Night of the Hunter
A Beautiful Lie
This is War
100 Suns
Search & Destroy
Vox Populi
L490
Alibi (acoustic)
The Story (acoustic)
The Kill (acoustic)
From Yesterday
Closer to the Edge
Hurricane video
Kings & Queens

The gig was ok, it began so great. The people were all psyched. Wave went around before the gig for like 10 minutes before Mars came on. Voice was good, missing Attack (that song should never be skipped), nice to hear The Story after such a long time again. Hurricane video totally killed the atmposphere in the venue. People went from totall buzz to totally being bored and that was reflected during Kings and Queens where most did not even move along for the song (including me). I heard so many complaints about that. People do not pay 40 euro to see a 90 minute gig of which 13 minutes are a video clip one can see on youtube. Bad decision to play that. I guess Jared noticed as he gave the audience weird looks when people didn't get into it anymore for K&Q. Overall good beginning, awful end.

I had fun though, with my friends in the back dancing around and getting drunk on 6 euro beers :lol:

#64 jaime014

jaime014

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

good to see from yesterday full band again as well and yes attack should always be played. always

#65 Carole in Carlisle

Carole in Carlisle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

[quote name='VanillaMintFusion' timestamp='1321230337' post='2310293']
Setlist in order was:

Escape
Night of the Hunter
A Beautiful Lie
This is War
100 Suns
Search & Destroy
Vox Populi
L490
Alibi (acoustic)
The Story (acoustic)
The Kill (acoustic)
From Yesterday
Closer to the Edge
Hurricane video
Kings & Queens

The gig was ok, it began so great. The people were all psyched. Wave went around before the gig for like 10 minutes before Mars came on. Voice was good, missing Attack (that song should never be skipped), nice to hear The Story after such a long time again. Hurricane video totally killed the atmposphere in the venue. People went from totall buzz to totally being bored and that was reflected during Kings and Queens where most did not even move along for the song (including me). I heard so many complaints about that. People do not pay 40 euro to see a 90 minute gig of which 13 minutes are a video clip one can see on youtube. Bad decision to play that. I guess Jared noticed as he gave the audience weird looks when people didn't get into it anymore for K&Q. Overall good beginning, awful end.

I had fun though, with my friends in the back dancing around and getting drunk on 6 euro beers :lol:

I agree about t

he ending...it was a bit of an anti-climax and I couldn't believe it when nobody called for an encore. Bands should always do an encore. I also had a great time though, drinking rum and coke

#66 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

There is no encore because by now people know Kings and Queens is the final song. With so many people on stage they can't play on. Pity. They could skip that whole getting on stage thing for me anyway. Waste of time, use it to play another song instead :lol:

#67 Carole in Carlisle

Carole in Carlisle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 15 November 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

There is no encore because by now people know Kings and Queens is the final song. With so many people on stage they can't play on. Pity. They could skip that whole getting on stage thing for me anyway. Waste of time, use it to play another  :P song instead :lol:

I agree. As it was my first show I hadn't quite thought about the practicalities of playing on with everybody on stage. But the end just seemed to come around too quickly. I believe they played the Hurricane video again tonight in Bordeaux but I don't know if it was the whole thing or just a clip or whether  they came on stage and performed it.
:)

#68 Pitchouill

Pitchouill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 15 November 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

There is no encore because by now people know Kings and Queens is the final song. With so many people on stage they can't play on. Pity. They could skip that whole getting on stage thing for me anyway. Waste of time, use it to play another song instead :lol:

At least when they do that, we have the chance to listen to Shannon et Tomo doing good music ! ^^

#69 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

I had fun at this but totally agree Attack is one song that should always be ina live show :/ I loved the mexican wave - it really did go on for a long time :) Hurricane the film really did kind of zap the energy but some of the younger/newer fans seemed to enjoy it as did Jared who was watching it from the side lol

#70 darulka

darulka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hi all! I'm with my friends was there. So we were on the show november 12. The show was amazing, the best of my shows. Paris so warmly greeted us. And I'm so happy)
But I have a question. Which band performed in front of 30STM?

#71 lisamcg

lisamcg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

View Postdarulka, on 02 December 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

Hi all! I'm with my friends was there. So we were on the show november 12. The show was amazing, the best of my shows. Paris so warmly greeted us. And I'm so happy)
But I have a question. Which band performed in front of 30STM?

Our Mountain were support on 11/11/11 and them and White Lies on 12/11/11

#72 Pitchouill

Pitchouill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

View Postlisamcg, on 21 November 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

Hurricane the film really did kind of zap the energy but some of the younger/newer fans seemed to enjoy it as did Jared who was watching it from the side lol

Seriously ? :huh: :lol: I am sure he is still convinced that the video clip of Hurricane during the show is a good idea... :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users