What have u done in the line of promoting?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:55 AM

Hey guys. I was just curious to know how you guys have promoted 30stm.  ;)
Most of the class im in and below know of 30stm... Because im constantly talking about them and walking into school wearing band merch. Not to mention all the school books I have drawn the symbols on. On each cover of my both folders I have pictures of Mars. I love letting people know of this amazing trio!!  :P

#2 bctallgirl

bctallgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

The station I listen to in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is called Now FM and recently the DJ's have been playing a song of the week that they are allowed to pick in an attempt to get it into regular rotation.  Well, I told the mid-day DJ, Adam McKale about Closer To The Edge and he checked it out and chose it for his song of the week. So thousands of people in Edmonton heard that song for the first time today and will for the rest of the week.  If there is enough positive response, it gets added regularly. Awesome.   :)

#3 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

View Postbctallgirl, on 30 May 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

The station I listen to in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is called Now FM and recently the DJ's have been playing a song of the week that they are allowed to pick in an attempt to get it into regular rotation.  Well, I told the mid-day DJ, Adam McKale about Closer To The Edge and he checked it out and chose it for his song of the week. So thousands of people in Edmonton heard that song for the first time today and will for the rest of the week.  If there is enough positive response, it gets added regularly. Awesome.   :)

Yay AB represent! :D

#4 Yunachan

Yunachan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hm o.o I tend to talk about them everyday... all of my friends know about them now, and even at work I've promoted them, because when they came to Rio for the concert, I was to excited and stuff LOL I still didn't make any merch, and I don't have Mars merch yet (my wishlist is BIG! D:) but I plan to make my Mars tat next month, with a friend, and it has A LOT of meaning in my life (because I planned to do it even before I learned about the triad in This is War lol) This month, I'm going to the Global Echelon Assault, and will promote in the streets for the first time, and get to know the local Echelon. This way I think i'll be able to promote a lot more :3

#5 panda bear

panda bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

I requested Night of the Hunter on Kroq yesterday and this weekend I'm going to go and put some flyers up.

#6 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Cool. Yeah I request 30stm on the radio ALL... THE.... TIME! I pretend its my birthday so tht they will go- Wow its her birthday lets play it for her. Though obvi it aint my birthday  all the times I told em it was. Theres one station I regularly text in to and I bet their pretty sick of me at this stage. BUT WHAT HARM!! I like letting ppl know about Mars.  B) heh

#7 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

Havent done actual promoting.. Like, yano, flyers and things. Soon I shall... And my whole town will be sick of hearing bout 30stm. Well maybe I shouldent over-do it... Yeah.. Perhaps not  ;)

#8 EarthtoMars

EarthtoMars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

well, I keep blabberin on about how awesome they are and try to persuade my freinds to listen to their music... I've actually converted 2 of them already! ;)
Apart from that, I'm in charge of a little bar on my uni campus, where I play a lot of their music so people get to share in the brilliance that is 30STM...  ;)

#9 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

Haha cool!  :D
Yeah ive converted one friend. Not just to 30stm but actually like the whole world of rock lol
And theres this one girl who listened and liked them too.. Dont much talk to her. Theres two guys who checked 'em out and said they 'scream' too much. What?  :huh:
Idiots.. They should go listen to Slipknot lol

#10 Siduri

Siduri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

I do requesting for NOTH on KROQ, 89x (Detroit) and X103.9 (Phoenix) every day. Somehow Phoenix isn't picking up on it (though they do play CTTE usually once per day). Seeing as how I live in Phoenix it could be a great opportunity to do some ACTUAL promo. I just moved here so I'm not sure where I would do it. Posted Image

I'd love to do a Triad downtown. It would have to be at night, due to the heat. Which would be cool if we got creative about it but it seems there aren't too many Echelon (or at least people who are fans) that are active in the Phoenix area. Posted Image

#11 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

Shame. Yeah, where I live (Ireland) down south in Cork it seems the only Mars fan around here is my best friend
(Oops lol and me of course). Well I think theres like 2 more though. But really only less than 5 fans here. Sucks.  <_<

#12 debh09

debh09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

I have set up a facebook group dedicated to the echelon triads.  Echelon have posted pics, discussed their triads and I have set up several events for triads to be done in various locations around the world.  Continually promoting them to gather as many echelon as I can.

Check out my facebook group - If anyone wants to do a triad let me know and I will create an event for it and appeal to as many echelon as I can.

http://www.facebook....5451857760&ap=1

#13 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

Ball buster Extraordinaire , No newb here..Incognito 2001

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Do you mean in general? WELL, I'm old school and i did so much promoting i almost got busted a few times. I had a stencil back when they used to send out promo stuff and i tagged tons of shit. lol. I had a lot of fun doing it. They sent me all kinds of great stuff.

Here are a bunch of pics of all my things and tagging days. It should work. let me know if it does or not.

did most of that in 2002/2003

my 30stm days album

#14 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

That is so cool lol  :lol:  Hm, I clicked on the yokey, your album, and it said that the content is currently unavailible. :(  I dont have to be on Facebook to view it do I? Cus lyk im not on facebook and I dont intend to join it anytime soon.  :mellow:

#15 sofiatealy

sofiatealy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Drawing triads everywhere (people ask what's that about!) and requesting their songs and music videos are the main things I do actually:)
oh and of course I vote for them when they're nominated for an award!

#16 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

View PostShockwave, on 08 July 2011 - 07:43 AM, said:

That is so cool lol  :lol:  Hm, I clicked on the yokey, your album, and it said that the content is currently unavailible. :(  I dont have to be on Facebook to view it do I? Cus lyk im not on facebook and I dont intend to join it anytime soon.  :mellow:
It should work now, i made it public.

#17 Ishida

Ishida

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

I haven't been able to because of the lack of responses from other Wisconsin Echelon. A little help would be nice.

#18 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:12 AM

Alrighty then. Ill try view it again  ;)

#19 Shockwave

Shockwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

Right well I tried again and still no success.  :mellow:

#20 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

View PostShockwave, on 13 July 2011 - 06:14 AM, said:

Right well I tried again and still no success.  :mellow:

So sorry , it's def view- able now!! lol...some great pics indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users