Jump to content


20110724 JULY 24, 2011 @ I-CITY, SHAH ALAM [SELANGOR, MALAYSIA]


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image
MTV WORLD STAGE 2011
http://worldstage.mtvasia.com/

MTV Networks Asia today announced that MTV World Stage will be held in Malaysia for the third time running on 24th July 2011 at a new venue, i-City in Shah Alam. The outdoor concert will feature live performances from popular international, regional and local recording artists. The first two acts announced to perform are the award-winning rock band Thirty Seconds To Mars and popular local band Pop Shuvit. - source; http://www.mtvasia.com


LOCATION
i-City, Shah Alam

Posted Image

DATE 24 July 2011

LINEUP as of 22/06/11

30 SECONDS TO MARS
POP SHUVIT
NEON TREES
BEAST

TICKETS

1. Go to the MTV Asia website:

- Follow the instructions and fill in the blanks on why you deserve to attend MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2011. Entry closes at midnight on July 6th!

2. Through i-City:

- Get the Fire & Ice Package - RM300 each. Only 500 packages available. Each consists of 1 x MTV World Stage 2011 pass, 10x Snowalk tickets, 20x Outdoor rides tickets

- Or spend RM100 (on single or accumulated receipts) from 10 June to 10 July 2011 in i-City and be among the 300 lucky winners to win MTV passes.

3. Do it the Xpax way:

- Register today and join the infectious wave of Kolony, the first of its kind SMS-based mobile social network by sending Kolony <nickname> to 25333. From 16 June 2011 onwards, KFREN MTV and start KDING and KBOMM all you can. The user with the most KDING and KBOMM will win a pair of passes. For more info on Kolony, visit www.kolony.com.my


- Xpax, U.O.X & S.O.X customers stand the chance to get 2 FREE passes to MTVWorld Stage Live in Malaysia 2011 by sending “MTV” to 28881 and reload minimumof RM50 during the promotional period starting from 10 June 2011 to 15 July 2011

- Passes can also be obtained by simply downloading the relevant content onChannel X,www.channelx.com.my, the Ultimate Mobile Content Channel which works as a one-stop platform for Xpax youths to get the latest, trendiest and funkiest mobile content downloads.

- Starting from 10 June 2011 onwards, visit Xpax Facebook at www.facebook.com/xpaxfb for more details on how you can get free passes to this most happening music event.

4. Subscribe to MasterCard:

- From 1-30 June, the first 1,000 new or existing Debit MasterCard cardholders who spend RM30 and RM60 respectively on their cards and SMS in their entry will qualify for two passes to MTV World Stage and Snowalk@i-City.

- On top of this, two debit cardholders will each stand to win a Rock On Priceless Package for two. This package includes passes to the MTV World Stage party, a limousine ride to MTV World Stage, chance to meet selected artistes up close & personal, a date with MTV VJ Holly and autographed MTV souvenirs.

- Qualifying debit cardholders can register for the passes by sending an SMS in the following format MCMTV<space>Full Name<space>NRIC number to 33387 by 30 June 2011. For more information, call 03-5635-1391 (Mon-Fri 10am-5pm excluding Public Holidays).

5. Have some Twisties:

- Twisties will be giving out passes to MTV World Stage LIVE in Malaysia 2011 through the Twisties Malaysia Facebook page. To find out how you can win more passes with Twisties visit www.facebook.com/twistiesmalaysia regularly to find out. source; http://www.junkonline.net

ACCOMMODATION Visit Trip Advisor for reviews and ratings for hotels in Shah Alam and Kuala Lumpur.

TRANSPORTATION

KTM(Train): Take the KTM from KL Sentral to Padang Jawa station. From there onwards, it's a 10 minute taxi ride to i-City.

Car: i-City is about 30 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur city center on a good traffic day and is accessible via a vast network of expressways (Federal Highway and NKVE). Here's how to drive to i-City using the Federal Highway:

1) From KL, drive on to the Federal Highway and head towards Klang
2) Take the exit towards Persiaran Kayangan
3) Turn right onto Persiaran Kayangan
4) Take the first left onto Persiaran Permai
5) Turn left onto Persiaran Bestari
6) Turn right onto Lorong Keluli 1c where i-City is located. source; http://worldstage.mtvasia.com


ROLL CALL

xx_undertheburningsun + 1
MarsArmy Girl + 1
Scott
tira_leto + 1
EmaN LeTo + 1

#2 MarsArmy Girl

MarsArmy Girl

    The Malaysian Invasion

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

God, this really still hasn't sunk in yet. Some of those tickets better be for sale. <_<

I'll email you the photos tomorrow. Perhaps I could get you on MSN as well so I can go through what I have vs. what you want?

And put down a + 1 for me as well! Gonna tell me who's yours? :P Will your brother be going? It'd be cool to meet him. :)

#3 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Thanks, Helios!

View PostMarsArmy Girl, on 18 May 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

God, this really still hasn't sunk in yet. Some of those tickets better be for sale. <_<

I'll email you the photos tomorrow. Perhaps I could get you on MSN as well so I can go through what I have vs. what you want?

And put down a + 1 for me as well! Gonna tell me who's yours? :P Is your brother coming? It'd be cool to meet him. :)

Hasn't quite sunk it, right? I reckon we'll only feel the excitement like three days before. Haha.

Just send me a message and I'll go off mobile. (:

My brother will be my + 1, yes. Who are you going with?

#4 MarsArmy Girl

MarsArmy Girl

    The Malaysian Invasion

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

View Postxx_undertheburningsun, on 18 May 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

Thanks, Helios!



Hasn't quite sunk it, right? I reckon we'll only feel the excitement like three days before. Haha.

Just send me a message and I'll go off mobile. (:

My brother will be my + 1, yes. Who are you going with?
I think I'll feel it once I can get my hands on some tickets. And hopefully I can afford them too! Right now it's still so up in the air cause we know close to nothing. :(

Alrighty. :)

Not so much going with as bringing along. Cause you know I always planned to go with you and that hasn't changed. :wub: A close college friend of mine, his name's Chee Cheng (no English name, so sorry. xD) He was really psyched when he found out this afternoon and definitely wants to go if he can get tickets.

#5 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

View PostMarsArmy Girl, on 18 May 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

I think I'll feel it once I can get my hands on some tickets. And hopefully I can afford them too! Right now it's still so up in the air cause we know close to nothing. :(

Alrighty. :)

Not so much going with as bringing along. Cause you know I always planned to go with you and that hasn't changed. :wub: A close college friend of mine, his name's Chee Cheng (no English name, so sorry. xD) He was really psyched when he found out this afternoon and definitely wants to go if he can get tickets.

If there'll actually be tickets for sale... But fingers crossed. They did say 'ticket links soon' or something of the like, I can't recall. Too sleepy. I have to wake up in less than 3 hours, damn.

Aw. <3 I hope that he'll be able to join us then.

So you're finally able to post in a roll call thread and actually be a part of it. ;)

#6 tira_leto

tira_leto

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

i'm going! :) i'll be getting free pair of tickets from 'insider' and world stage is sponsored by celcom right so there should be a promotion held like previous world stage and i'm using celcom! plus im haunting for 'moshpit' tickets which mtv usually did before thi.

by the way, how does roll call works? did it works like to know how many people are going? because i have been inviting like 5 friends of mine hihi and won't echelon can get some priorities like backstage passes or something? :P

#7 _niņa_

_niņa_

    fabulously PINAY ;)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:13 AM

i have nothing to say, jai... *shakes head*

though, i wish you'll get a ticket, if not a full concert. ;)

#8 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

View Posttira_leto, on 19 May 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

i'm going! :) i'll be getting free pair of tickets from 'insider' and world stage is sponsored by celcom right so there should be a promotion held like previous world stage and i'm using celcom! plus im haunting for 'moshpit' tickets which mtv usually did before thi.

by the way, how does roll call works? did it works like to know how many people are going? because i have been inviting like 5 friends of mine hihi and won't echelon can get some priorities like backstage passes or something? :P

Great, I'll add you to the roll call list. (:

That's basically it. Information and new updates regarding the gig/venue will also be posted here. We're in the midst of collecting details as of now.

And no, we don't get backstage passes.

View Post_niņa_, on 20 May 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:

i have nothing to say, jai... *shakes head*

though, i wish you'll get a ticket, if not a full concert. ;)

Haha. It's alright. ;)

Crossing my fingers. A full concert in Singapore or Bangkok will be great, though! It's a shame I can't go to Manila; you know I really wanted to.

#9 tira_leto

tira_leto

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

View Postxx_undertheburningsun, on 20 May 2011 - 07:25 AM, said:

Great, I'll add you to the roll call list. (:

That's basically it. Information and new updates regarding the gig/venue will also be posted here. We're in the midst of collecting details as of now.

And no, we don't get backstage passes.



Get me an add one pelease :) I'll be having a pair of tickets, my sister will be coming with me but then there are tons of friends of mine I can choose from :)

#10 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

View Posttira_leto, on 20 May 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

Get me an add one pelease :) I'll be having a pair of tickets, my sister will be coming with me but then there are tons of friends of mine I can choose from :)

Sure thing, I'll add a + 1.

Glad to hear that you've got tickets secured. Good for you. (:

#11 alie_echelon

alie_echelon

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hey,there.. I'm so glad that we have this on the forums.. Cause if all of us need to get the tix from mtv i'm pretty sure i would not be able to get it.. So me and my twin really wanna watch 30 Seconds To Mars since 2007 so please get us the tix..  :rolleyes:

#12 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

View Postalie_echelon, on 23 May 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hey,there.. I'm so glad that we have this on the forums.. Cause if all of us need to get the tix from mtv i'm pretty sure i would not be able to get it.. So me and my twin really wanna watch 30 Seconds To Mars since 2007 so please get us the tix..  :rolleyes:

Welcome to the boards.

Right, so we're not a ticketing counter... I'm sure everyone will get a fair chance to win tickets if they aren't really for sale. Good luck. (:

#13 MarsArmy Girl

MarsArmy Girl

    The Malaysian Invasion

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

View Postxx_undertheburningsun, on 18 May 2011 - 12:33 PM, said:

If there'll actually be tickets for sale... But fingers crossed. They did say 'ticket links soon' or something of the like, I can't recall. Too sleepy. I have to wake up in less than 3 hours, damn.

Aw. <3 I hope that he'll be able to join us then.

So you're finally able to post in a roll call thread and actually be a part of it. ;)
Hopefully it won't just say "Ticket links coming soon" till July 24th T_T Yeah, I remember how I used to post in roll call threads just to be there "in spirit" lol.

I still have a lot to discuss with my parents, face to face. But the way I see it, as long as I can secure tickets, there's pretty much nothing stopping me. This has been such a long time coming, I don't think they'd have the heart to say no. If the tickets are going to be for sale, then I'll even find myself a part-time job, anything! *desperate*


View Posttira_leto, on 19 May 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

i'm going! :) i'll be getting free pair of tickets from 'insider' and world stage is sponsored by celcom right so there should be a promotion held like previous world stage and i'm using celcom! plus im haunting for 'moshpit' tickets which mtv usually did before thi.

by the way, how does roll call works? did it works like to know how many people are going? because i have been inviting like 5 friends of mine hihi and won't echelon can get some priorities like backstage passes or something? :P
Oh wow, free tickets? Lucky you! :)


View Postalie_echelon, on 23 May 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hey,there.. I'm so glad that we have this on the forums.. Cause if all of us need to get the tix from mtv i'm pretty sure i would not be able to get it.. So me and my twin really wanna watch 30 Seconds To Mars since 2007 so please get us the tix..  :rolleyes:
If only it were that easy. Just to clarify, we have to get tickets the same way as everyone else, either by buying them or trying to win them. We of course hope for the first option, but if not, best of luck! :)

#14 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

View PostMarsArmy Girl, on 24 May 2011 - 03:23 AM, said:

Hopefully it won't just say "Ticket links coming soon" till July 24th T_T Yeah, I remember how I used to post in roll call threads just to be there "in spirit" lol.

I still have a lot to discuss with my parents, face to face. But the way I see it, as long as I can secure tickets, there's pretty much nothing stopping me. This has been such a long time coming, I don't think they'd have the heart to say no. If the tickets are going to be for sale, then I'll even find myself a part-time job, anything! *desperate*

Oh wow, free tickets? Lucky you! :)

If only it were that easy. Just to clarify, we have to get tickets the same way as everyone else, either by buying them or trying to win them. We of course hope for the first option, but if not, best of luck! :)

Haha, probably not. We'll wait it out and see what happens.

Fingers crossed, eh? ;)

#15 MarsArmy Girl

MarsArmy Girl

    The Malaysian Invasion

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

View Postxx_undertheburningsun, on 24 May 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

Haha, probably not. We'll wait it out and see what happens.

Fingers crossed, eh? ;)
I don't know about you, but my toes are crossed too. xD

Oh, I've been forgetting to ask you. If everything does turn out smoothly and I do go to World Stage, is it alright if I borrow some of your Mars gear? *puppyeyes* The only thing I have with me now is my Echelon wristband, the rest of it, the pendants, bandanas etc., is still in Brunei. I didn't think to bring it back at the time because most of my belongings are still there too. :( Pleasesayyes.

#16 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

View PostMarsArmy Girl, on 24 May 2011 - 03:58 AM, said:

I don't know about you, but my toes are crossed too. xD

Oh, I've been forgetting to ask you. If everything does turn out smoothly and I do go to World Stage, is it alright if I borrow some of your Mars gear? *puppyeyes* The only thing I have with me now is my Echelon wristband, the rest of it, the pendants, bandanas etc., is still in Brunei. I didn't think to bring it back at the time because most of my belongings are still there too. :( Pleasesayyes.

Haha. Keep it that way.

It depends on what my brother would want first, I'm afraid. But sure, if I have any left over. ^^

#17 MarsArmy Girl

MarsArmy Girl

    The Malaysian Invasion

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

View Postxx_undertheburningsun, on 26 May 2011 - 12:50 AM, said:

Haha. Keep it that way.

It depends on what my brother would want first, I'm afraid. But sure, if I have any left over. ^^
Will let my mother know first thing tomorrow morning that she HAS to unpack all my Mars gear (they've just moved house today in Brunei) and bring it back next week. This is crazy unreal. I keep thinking I'll wake up in a few hours to find it was all just a dream...

Good luck hun! I wish you so, so much luck. Going without you (though I highly doubt this will happen), just won't be the same.


EDIT: Regarding transportation for out-of-towners, I found this on i-City's Facebook page.

Quote

The most convenient is to take KTM from KL Sentral, drop-off at Padang Jawa station. Take a taxi to i-City. i-City is 10min away from the Padang Jawa train station.


EDIT 2: Can this please be added to the OP as well? Info from the MTV website that I foolishly hadn't bothered to read earlier.

Quote

SURVIVAL GUIDE

1. GETTING THERE:
If you drive, i-City is about 30 minutes away from Kuala Lumpur city center on a good traffic day and is accessible via a vast network of expressways (Federal Highway and NKVE). Here's how to drive to i-City using the Federal Highway:

1) From KL, drive on to the Federal Highway and head towards Klang
2) Take the exit towards Persiaran Kayangan
3) Turn right onto Persiaran Kayangan
4) Take the first left onto Persiaran Permai
5) Turn left onto Persiaran Bestari
6) Turn right onto Lorong Keluli 1c where i-City is located

2. THE WEATHER:
MTV World Stage Live In Malaysia 2011 is a rain-or-shine event. Bring a raincoat or a cap, sun block lotion and sunglasses if needed.

3. TRAVEL LIGHT:
There will be security checks at the door and no bags are allowed in the venue.

4. BE EARLY:
We're expecting 15, 000 people so if you want the best view possible, come early! Also note that pass holder who is 15 years old or below is to be accompanied by an adult (aged 21 years old or above) who must also have a pass to the event.

5. DRESS CODE:
MTV World Stage Live In Malaysia 2011 is a free standing event. Dress comfortably with safety in mind. Wear comfortable clothes with ample ventilation and non-slip, covered shoes. Bring earplugs if you wish to protect your ears.

6. SAFETY FIRST:
Cameras, video recorders and all other recording devices, helmets, long umbrellas and other sharp, flammable and dangerous objects and controlled substances are strictly prohibited.

7. FOOD & WATER:
Alcoholic drinks, and outside food and drinks are not allowed in the venue, so have a hearty meal before you head to the event. Drink lots and lots of water!
I don't know about anyone else, but numbers 3 and 6 are especially irking to me. Is this customary of all festivals?

#18 EmaN LeTo

EmaN LeTo

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:49 AM

Got my ticket already :P

#19 xx_undertheburningsun

xx_undertheburningsun

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostMarsArmy Girl, on 01 June 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

Will let my mother know first thing tomorrow morning that she HAS to unpack all my Mars gear (they've just moved house today in Brunei) and bring it back next week. This is crazy unreal. I keep thinking I'll wake up in a few hours to find it was all just a dream...

Good luck hun! I wish you so, so much luck. Going without you (though I highly doubt this will happen), just won't be the same.

I don't know about anyone else, but numbers 3 and 6 are especially irking to me. Is this customary of all festivals?

View PostEmaN LeTo, on 03 June 2011 - 02:49 AM, said:

Got my ticket already :P

Congratulations on winning tickets to you both! I haven't had the luxury of luck bestowed upon me as of yet. Haha. Seriously though, I'm really hoping for 'chances to win passes' as opposed to 'instant win' because I so desperately want to enter my reason in 250 characters or less. It's a good one. :P

Stella: Still in a daze?

Yep, best to adhere to 3 as close as possible. 6... people bring cameras anyway. But they might check at the entrance.

Eman: Added you to the roll call list.

#20 EmaN LeTo

EmaN LeTo

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Yeah you're going to need a lot of luck. Good way to tell what you're feeling eh?haha Btw, +1 for me.
As for that no 6, I dont think it will be that strict really.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users