• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 bsr1230

bsr1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

ok so this may sound weird so be it... but does anyone else get turned by the imagery the lyrics give.. for example "Stranger in a Strange Land"  the first line has me hooked... Enemy of mine...I will fuck you like the devil.. not neccessarily in a sexual way could be that you will beat them to a pulp, either way i find it sexy.

also in "Buddha For Mary" u get the whole image of "Mary" being a slutty church girl... maybe thats just me lol
and dont get me started on "The Fantasy" frome line one again JL has me... maybe i just like to think JL is a freak like me...

then for JL to change the lyrics to "Bad Romance" to  "open mouthed and on your knees, and leather choked and cuffed at the hand" now i am convinced he is just like me...  

i just wanted to know if anyone else got this from the imagery and story that is told thru the music... i doubt im the only one that sees it this way

#2 Jill

Jill

thread killer :-/

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

:rolleyes: ffs

#3 Alexandros

Alexandros

Winter is coming.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,626 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

Ya every time I hear these lyrics I turn into a vampire. Pretty neat I tell ya.

View PostJill, on 28 April 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

:rolleyes: ffs
Ahahahahahahahahaha

#4 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

View Postbsr1230, on 28 April 2011 - 06:01 PM, said:

ok so this may sound weird so be it... but does anyone else get turned by the imagery the lyrics give.. for example "Stranger in a Strange Land"  the first line has me hooked... Enemy of mine...I will fuck you like the devil.. not neccessarily in a sexual way could be that you will beat them to a pulp, either way i find it sexy.

also in "Buddha For Mary" u get the whole image of "Mary" being a slutty church girl... maybe thats just me lol
and dont get me started on "The Fantasy" frome line one again JL has me... maybe i just like to think JL is a freak like me...

then for JL to change the lyrics to "Bad Romance" to  "open mouthed and on your knees, and leather choked and cuffed at the hand" now i am convinced he is just like me...  

i just wanted to know if anyone else got this from the imagery and story that is told thru the music... i doubt im the only one that sees it this way
Hey. Go check out their Hurricane video!

#5 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

Sexual deviance is not common. Just make sure it doesn`t escalate into something more serious. Just sayin.

#6 bsr1230

bsr1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 28 April 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

Hey. Go check out their Hurricane video!
oh ive seen hurricane more times than id like to admit  ;)

#7 El Kabong

El Kabong

Astro Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 29 April 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

Sexual deviance is not common. Just make sure it doesn`t escalate into something more serious. Just sayin.
Depends on what you classify as deviant behaviour.

#8 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

View Postbsr1230, on 29 April 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

oh ive seen hurricane more times than id like to admit  ;)

Bet you have... quick question, finger, dildo or vibrator? maybe a little combo action?

#9 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

What's her names hairbrush FTW  :lol:  :lol:

#10 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

I never got the urge to doubleclick the mouse during Hurricane ALTHOUGH it's so HOTTTT*sucks her teeth*

Hot chix...kitty play...dark dream sequences...hot ass random sex in the club with stranger sequences......spit.

I wonder what the hidden meaning to that one is?

WEAR A HAT!

#11 bsr1230

bsr1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostNine, on 29 April 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

Bet you have... quick question, finger, dildo or vibrator? maybe a little combo action?
none of the above i prefer the real deal :P

#12 bsr1230

bsr1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

View PostEl Kabong, on 29 April 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

Depends on what you classify as deviant behaviour.

sexual deviance is common... and its based on what one perceives as deviant... i doubt 2 people can agree on the defanition of deviant which is why it can sometimes be a hot topic to debate....

i didnt really start this topic to inquire about sex per se... more of a question on how one persceives the imagery provided by the lyrics... granted some lyrics to me do evoke a more sexual side than others and i do firmly believe they are ment to..

so if you concider this deviant behavior well then i guess JL is in that catagory with me due to these being his lyrics

#13 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

I'd love to do this full songs, maaan! Been a long time

For the inner moment:

BFM I see as an apology either to or for a girl who thrives on hard-dirty-rape-like situations...the he said she saids are really hard not to actually associate with sex because how they're built up (in the demo)...but it's like it's so wrong but so right. she wants for the holy but thrives on the dirty--she is silently (and possibly unknowingly) unhinged and slightly evil inside. so is it "rape"? or is it an invited "attack"? I think it's invited...but is he sorry she invites this emotional pain?

Maybe the same painforsaken woman (no pun) or man. She is really a million miles away. Ten-million, even. She does not fit...never has, she is a stranger in a strange land because it whirlwinds around her changing as she does. The subtle winds can be infectious and possibly even blesses those around her taking in their pain (however you want to take that...). SHE is plagued by hope..and faith (for what, you ask? if you don't know i can't tell you), which is what keeps her earthed. So intrigued he broke his own rules...and yes, he wants to fuck his "enemy" like an animal...Stranger in a strange land is either another inner battle song... or it is a song to a mate. Someone from the same wavelength. Even if not in any way shape or form actually meant to be taken literally on the sexual side of things.. I also see this song as an apology... but not so much to the 'mate' (or person he thrives off of), to the innocent bystanders or those he feels have been let down.

Hurricane, honestly, did not make me think of sex until i saw the dry humping in the vid. now...all i see is the dry humping visuals when i hear the song. lol. yeah but the song itself just seems like somebody just couldn't let go..whether due to the sex, the lust, the intrigue, the stubborness, the love...or the pain--they couldn't let go. which side couldn't let go? I'm still trying to figure that one out...maybe both. He says it's about trust. Yeah, I can see that. It's also very hard to let that trust go...and just "live forever" in the moment with someone. truth, love....fire...hopefully quenching my ever burning desire.

All in all--yes I think he loves sex and i think he shares a sense of masochism....idk how much the two are combined for him, but apparently there have been... "stories". But some people just aren't ready to whip their tits out and fuck. Sometimes...it really takes that trust, the trust that is hard to find if not superficially induced. Trust to try new and adventurous things together knowing it is a shared experience, even just to have regular...plain old sex...the trust is...otherwordly, if you can find it...truth. It doesn't have to be all whips and chains.

#14 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

View Postbsr1230, on 29 April 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

sexual deviance is common... and its based on what one perceives as deviant... i doubt 2 people can agree on the defanition of deviant which is why it can sometimes be a hot topic to debate....

i didnt really start this topic to inquire about sex per se... more of a question on how one persceives the imagery provided by the lyrics... granted some lyrics to me do evoke a more sexual side than others and i do firmly believe they are ment to..

so if you concider this deviant behavior well then i guess JL is in that catagory with me due to these being his lyrics

In psychiatry, the definition of sexual deviancy is as follows:

"A mental disorder characterized by '…recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors generally involving, 1. nonhuman objects;
2. suffering or humiliation of oneself or one's partner; or
3. children or other non-consenting persons, that occur over a period of at ≥ 6 months…(causing) significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning;
sexual excitement to the point of erection and/or orgasm, when the object of excitement is considered abnormal in the context of the practitioner's societal norms."

What`s normal or abnormal is always debatable (and makes for an interesting debate).

I don`t know if I understand your original question so I can`t answer right now.

I do find Jared`s voice very sexy though *runs*  B)

#15 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:04 AM

Ah......Having the truth the trust and letting go, yea. Hurricane is about letting go of control. Doh!

Meh...deviancy or it can be called masochism! It does not always have to associate with sex, tho. You do things to create challenges for yourself. Nonreachable goals so that you can fall...and fall apart. "create a mountain out ofna molehill", so that you can sink into the earth when shit gets too heavy.

Why does this iPad try to join every friggin word together with an "n"?

Goooooooood morning USA!

And yea his voice is sexy. Idk how he screams every night and can still sing the next day. My voice is still shot, and I didn't scream excessively but enough. I purposely didn't sing, thoI did mocksing like a doooosh. But maybe the trick is equal amounts of scream and sing? Oh where does your garden grow....tell me the secrets that you know..

#16 bsr1230

bsr1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

View PostSpectralTiger, on 30 April 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

In psychiatry, the definition of sexual deviancy is as follows:

"A mental disorder characterized by '…recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors generally involving, 1. nonhuman objects;
2. suffering or humiliation of oneself or one's partner; or
3. children or other non-consenting persons, that occur over a period of at ≥ 6 months…(causing) significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning;
sexual excitement to the point of erection and/or orgasm, when the object of excitement is considered abnormal in the context of the practitioner's societal norms."

What`s normal or abnormal is always debatable (and makes for an interesting debate).

I don`t know if I understand your original question so I can`t answer right now.

I do find Jared`s voice very sexy though *runs*  B)

my original question should just have been simplified to this:  does anyone find themselves invisioning sex with the imagery provided by some of the lyrics in songs? if not how do you interpuret the lyrics?

sorry it was a long day when this question came to mind

#17 bsr1230

bsr1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:37 AM

View Postpale_existence, on 29 April 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

I'd love to do this full songs, maaan! Been a long time

For the inner moment:

BFM I see as an apology either to or for a girl who thrives on hard-dirty-rape-like situations...the he said she saids are really hard not to actually associate with sex because how they're built up (in the demo)...but it's like it's so wrong but so right. she wants for the holy but thrives on the dirty--she is silently (and possibly unknowingly) unhinged and slightly evil inside. so is it "rape"? or is it an invited "attack"? I think it's invited...but is he sorry she invites this emotional pain?

Maybe the same painforsaken woman (no pun) or man. She is really a million miles away. Ten-million, even. She does not fit...never has, she is a stranger in a strange land because it whirlwinds around her changing as she does. The subtle winds can be infectious and possibly even blesses those around her taking in their pain (however you want to take that...). SHE is plagued by hope..and faith (for what, you ask? if you don't know i can't tell you), which is what keeps her earthed. So intrigued he broke his own rules...and yes, he wants to fuck his "enemy" like an animal...Stranger in a strange land is either another inner battle song... or it is a song to a mate. Someone from the same wavelength. Even if not in any way shape or form actually meant to be taken literally on the sexual side of things.. I also see this song as an apology... but not so much to the 'mate' (or person he thrives off of), to the innocent bystanders or those he feels have been let down.

Hurricane, honestly, did not make me think of sex until i saw the dry humping in the vid. now...all i see is the dry humping visuals when i hear the song. lol. yeah but the song itself just seems like somebody just couldn't let go..whether due to the sex, the lust, the intrigue, the stubborness, the love...or the pain--they couldn't let go. which side couldn't let go? I'm still trying to figure that one out...maybe both. He says it's about trust. Yeah, I can see that. It's also very hard to let that trust go...and just "live forever" in the moment with someone. truth, love....fire...hopefully quenching my ever burning desire.

All in all--yes I think he loves sex and i think he shares a sense of masochism....idk how much the two are combined for him, but apparently there have been... "stories". But some people just aren't ready to whip their tits out and fuck. Sometimes...it really takes that trust, the trust that is hard to find if not superficially induced. Trust to try new and adventurous things together knowing it is a shared experience, even just to have regular...plain old sex...the trust is...otherwordly, if you can find it...truth. It doesn't have to be all whips and chains.

honestly when i heard hurricane i didnt associate it with sex... in my mind it was more of a break up song.. heartache and pain... then when i saw the video.. then i could see the B&D/S&M side of the lyrics....

within a B&D or S&M lifestly or situation one has to be in complete control while the other is completly submissive to the dominante.... now that does not ALWWAY include sex.. some times its a reckognized understanding between two people that one has all the POWER and the other is left to do what ever is demanded..

now a more literal interpretation could have been JL as the submissive and the record lable as the dominate.. just as i think it is supposed to be understood...

#18 Adeena

Adeena

Releasing my inner sociopath...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

View Postbsr1230, on 30 April 2011 - 06:37 AM, said:

honestly when i heard hurricane i didnt associate it with sex... in my mind it was more of a break up song.. heartache and pain... then when i saw the video.. then i could see the B&D/S&M side of the lyrics....

within a B&D or S&M lifestly or situation one has to be in complete control while the other is completly submissive to the dominante.... now that does not ALWWAY include sex.. some times its a reckognized understanding between two people that one has all the POWER and the other is left to do what ever is demanded..

now a more literal interpretation could have been JL as the submissive and the record lable as the dominate.. just as i think it is supposed to be understood...

generally speaking, in BD / SM relationship, the submissive has all the power as they are the party that sets the limits...   Sex is not part of a genuine BD SM relationship.  

I still fail to see what this has to do with the lawsuit.  

And if you want to talk about how horny the Hurricane video makes you, please go elsewhere.

#19 bsr1230

bsr1230

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostAdeena, on 30 April 2011 - 08:47 AM, said:

generally speaking, in BD / SM relationship, the submissive has all the power as they are the party that sets the limits...   Sex is not part of a genuine BD SM relationship.  

I still fail to see what this has to do with the lawsuit.  

And if you want to talk about how horny the Hurricane video makes you, please go elsewhere.

Again it's not really about being horny.... Or sexual stimulation

I guess my wording may have suggested that but was not really what I was trying to ask...

Mostly I was trying to see if anyone else is intrigued, I guess that's the word I wanna use, by the imagery provided by the songs and then to see how it is transformed into a video.

The images that I see when I hear a song can be drastically differnt from the video.. Sometimes better sometimes not at all what I imagined..  Not just songs by MARS but also MCR, paramore, panic! At the disco.......

#20 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

huh. I think if they want to explain how sexually intrigued they are by a video that the band made which was obviously aiming to sexually intrigue people--they are in the exact right place. wtf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users