4 replies to this topic

#1 Yunachan

Yunachan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Last year I got to know a piece of art called Knite, that was posted on deviantArt site, in which I have an account and access everyday... the brief story is very simple:

This chinese artist lived for a long time in another country, but her parents are still in China. So one day she went to her homeland to visit them, and the place was so polluted even her voice changed. The days were always gray, and the nights didn't have any star. And she found it depressing. Until one day she noticed some twinkling lights in the sky, and asked her father about that. He told her it was a new hobby among the elders, to fly kites at night, with Christmas lights on them. She has an artist's mind so, she thought about putting the stars back in the sky. After a while, thinking about this idea, she created the story.

The nursery rhyme that comes in the beginning is an english translation of a traditional chinese song writen in 50's. At that time, the great industrialization began in China, and people didn't realize the true effects of the fabrics and thought that they were building a better place for everyone to leave. Nowadays, no one sings the seconds half of the song. Mostly because people don't know it existed, but may it also be because they don't want to see the irony of this song?

The story is very simple and Yuumei's style is very sketchy, but it is worth reading. There are three chapters, plus some extras, all of them very quick to read. And spread the message really well.

Knite Chapter One

Knite Chapter Two

Knite Chapter Three

#2 bobmorton

bobmorton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

I am so inspired after reading it. Thank you so much for sharing this such a good story. I hope that many people would read this and also Ivybot Product Review and FAP Turbo Product Review.

#3 Lee Franson

Lee Franson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

That's very encouraging news! If all the people around the world can get some inspiration form the artist and move on in the cause of protecting the earth, we will have a cleaner world in the near future.

#4 Cliff Hickel

Cliff Hickel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

Inspiring indeed in protecting our land.Salut!

#5 Ellamae Antone

Ellamae Antone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

Learn his spirit and make an effort for our earth!Move on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users