• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 tvp467

tvp467

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

Hey everyone... i just saw the video for a beautiful lie and it was really inspiring/shocking. I am glad that they have a forum here discussing what you can do to help.

I came across this idea called a resource based economy which focuses on sustainability and the well being of humans and this planet rather than profit. If you look into it you might see the benefits of working towards this type of society like I do!

check it out here: www.thevenusproject.com

and these videos give a good quick summary of what i'm talking about:

peace & love to all :D

#2 Silk and Steel

Silk and Steel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

“A resource based economy does not use money, barter or any form of servitude… it just makes goods and services available to everybody, through intelligent use of technology.”
“Imagine a world without money”

Question: Who is going to intelligently manipulate technology to make your society work and what is their incentive to do so without trade or money?

The bottom line is with or without money you still have to work to live. If you don’t pull your own weight, who do you imagine will? Machines? Who will build and run those machines? People who work. Let's not forget that.

Think about it, if what these people are suggesting is that a few people work creating/tending machines without payment while the rest of the world lives carefree, isn't that a form of servitude?

The most unsustainable thing is a person who believes that they are entitled to the basic necessities of life without either
1) having to work for themself, or
2) work for someone else to mutual advantage.
The only ones necessarily excusable are children and the mentally handicapped.

What I will agree with here is that we are getting crowded, collectively devouring our resources at an escalating rate, and that its not doing anything to increase our overall standard of living.

#3 purple nurple

purple nurple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

I've heard about the venus project and I think that it is an amazing.   I guess I am one of those people that likes to believe that there is still good in this world. I take that back... since I started listening to this band I have seen the good in the world.  Life is about working together to enjoy the time that we do have, because noone knows when their time is up, and making the most of what you have.

#4 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

^^^^ Helios, does anything work on this board anymore? I sent you several reports on the above member. He is in blatant violation of hate crimes rules on this board. Plus, when I asked him to change his s/n, he attacked me with religious slurs. I sent you that report, too. This maggot is too arrogant to be new. He is obviously an old member using an alternate s/n,  trying to start trouble. REMOVE HIM NOW. I don't know how many times I need to ask you. Every time I see his name, it's so disturbing and f'd up, it makes my blood boil. I don't understand how you haven't taken action on this automatically. If this scumbag neo-nazi is not removed, I won't be accountable for my actions.

#5 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

Just as a reminder: FORUM TERMS OF USE, effective as of October 2004:

"You will not use any forum to post or transmit any material that is: abusive, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, defamatory, knowingly false, vulgar, obscene, sexually-oriented, profane or is otherwise in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation.  

Without limiting any of our other rights or remedies, a violation of any of the above rules of conduct may result in removal of a user's postings, revocation of registration and/or banning a registrant's e-mail address, which would prohibit the user from having any access to any or all of the forums."

#6 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:21 AM

This is what he wrote to me when I asked him to change his s/n: "Well you have fun with that. It kinda makes me think of your name. See, hitler didn't like jews right... from what I've read it sounds like you kinda freak Jared out, but you're still obsessing over the man. Think of it as a tribute to you Jaredmaia! Jesus loves you!"

#7 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

Ball buster Extraordinaire , No newb here..Incognito 2001

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

10 bucks says it's jeto.

#8 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Would he be that f-ing low? It sounds like someone younger.

#9 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

Ball buster Extraordinaire , No newb here..Incognito 2001

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

View PostJaredmaia, on 04 July 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

Would he be that f-ing low? It sounds like someone younger.

haha oh god yes.

#10 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

Neo-Nazis have no business posting on this board. Since my requests for his name change and even better, removal, have been ignored here, I tweeted J, Shan and Tomo about the situation. Maybe they can help. If they ignore this situation, too, what will that say about the message this band is sending? Then anyone hating on any race or religion will be tolerated here and that's sad. Not to mention that this is in complete violation of their own board rules against bigotry.

#11 will8929

will8929

Why not?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

You're acting like a Nazi in dictating what people are allowed to name themselves and who can post on the boards.
Intolerance is one of the more characteristic traits of the Nazi and who is displaying it here?

#12 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

If you write that a neo-Nazi is allowed to post here and harass people with their ignorance and disregard to the religions of others, and the painful history experienced, you are the Nazi. First, he will attack one group, but you won't care because that group does not involve you. Then he'll attack another group. It doesn't stop with one group. Once your group is attacked and violated, that's when you will be singing a different tune. And which part of violation of board rules did you fail to grasp?

#13 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

If you give a damn about people's rights not to be attacked based on religion, creed or background, I encourage everyone to report the neo-Nazi's profile. Remember, it could be you getting attacked next.

#14 will8929

will8929

Why not?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:37 AM

Read his/her post on this thread.
Does it look like an attack to you, because i really can't see it.
And the person's only posted 5 times.
Relax, the person would have milked your anger if he/she had any intention of doing so.

What's the difference between a Nazi disregarding other religions, and you disregarding Nazis?

#15 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Dude, did you read what he wrote to me when I asked him to change his name? He said Hitler hated Jews and made his s/n to reflect that sentiment for himself. I don't see what more compelling reason you need to see his ignorance, insensitivity and intolerance. Even if he hadn't attacked me, which he did, that s/n already speaks volumes as to his ignorance and intolerance. I don't need to be hit over the head like you to understand that this neo-nazi is not only trouble but he is asking for trouble, the same way they hunt down those sadistic nazi concentration camp guards. If you let them get away for their heinous acts, then what message are we sending to humanity?

#16 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Here's another example which will help you grasp this a little better. Someone posted on Jared's outernet site with the profile name "Rape Me Jared". A lot of people were outraged at the disturbing name and asked Jared to remove the offending poster. She didn't even post anything offensive but she didn't need to because her profile name was so painful and disturbing, it spoke volumes in itself. Jared promptly removed her post and her name. Here's where it really gets interesting. Ironically, the photo she commented on was captioned "free speech". So that should tell you that some things which cause pain or extreme trauma to individuals, whether expressed in a profile name or otherwise, have no place on public platforms, esp. when they callously and glibly and ignorantly reference a painful history. That's why the board rules were implemented, which for some reason are not being followed by the mods here.

#17 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

I realized awhile back why I tend to skip Budda For Mary - it's the "will you rape me now?" line.

Maybe we should ban it and delete it.

#18 purple nurple

purple nurple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

Will you just STFU already. Damn woman, I have posted nothing that is religiously offensive nor have I slandered anyone. Honestly I don't know who the hell you think you are and it is obvious that you are pretty self-centered so I highly doubt that any of your ramblings were an attempt to get a rise out of me. The name Hitlers Jew (yes... it sounds SSSSOOOO bad) was the all that I could think of when it came down to it. ...and  I'm pretty sure if you do that research that you are so great at that you will see that I something about population-control when it came to Hitler and that the Jew bit came from Jesus being a jew. To me that seems like you hating on my beliefs or some shit like that. The only time that I have said anything that anyone could or should have taken any offense by, is what I said to you. If anything, you have come off more biased and prejudiced in your posts in here. This topic is RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY and by the looks of the way of the world I think that your attention and mouth would be at better use if you checked this stuff out. ...right now I am debating on whether or not to actually post this. lol I am completely stupified by your remarks, and at the same time I am trying to not to laugh because I was just thinking that you have got to be single. ONE LOVE   ...and post

#19 purple nurple

purple nurple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

View Posttvp467, on 07 April 2011 - 08:02 AM, said:

Hey everyone... i just saw the video for a beautiful lie and it was really inspiring/shocking. I am glad that they have a forum here discussing what you can do to help.

I came across this idea called a resource based economy which focuses on sustainability and the well being of humans and this planet rather than profit. If you look into it you might see the benefits of working towards this type of society like I do!

check it out here: www.thevenusproject.com

and these videos give a good quick summary of what i'm talking about:

peace & love to all :D
My apologies, back on topic

#20 Jaredmaia

Jaredmaia

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostCandyO, on 12 July 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

I realized awhile back why I tend to skip Budda For Mary - it's the "will you rape me now?" line.

Maybe we should ban it and delete it.

That line "rape me", originally sung by Cobain, was referring to betrayal. The poster who was removed on Jared's site was using it irresponsibly and insensitively. As usual, in your ignorance and ever predictable digs against me, you once again FAIL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users