#101 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

View PostBeanDubh, on 02 May 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

candyo...i was directly in the mid section, 102, but right smack on the Aisle, tomo side, since i was row M i reckon i was what? 13 rows from the pit? if i knew how to count or say my Alphabet? i think i was in the crowd where people preferred to be drunk? it was def the side with the NOT so friendly security, who were VERY Annoyed that we came down close to the pit...And i had the same philosophy, i told my daughter hey! we stay right here jared told you to come closer so were going closer And since youre only 12 i get to go too, but since i do have moments of grown-up-ness i did realize yes this is their job, And yes i do understand the concept of people/capacity/building codes/etc so we quietly moved back when CTTE was over, had i not been with friends who dont understand, i would have lingered And made An Ass out of my self randomly yelling peoples usernames to see if Anyone was Around...they put the pic up tho which is cool And when i zoom i totally see my daughters orange fishnet gloves with me like A big ole nerd next to her making A triad with my hands, wearing my technical white night shirt:) outlined with glow paint cause hey, ill still follow the rules A little
ahhh, I probibily could see you then, you were right in my line of sight.
Don't blame security - they have a job to do. The dudes we made friends were really nice. They said their job is to keep everyone safe and where they are supposed to be. As the one guy said "Trust me, I would rather not have to go into the pit to drag someone out by the neck but if they jump the barrier, that's my job".

View Postmizlee, on 02 May 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'm still sore as hell from the show...god maybe I'm getting to old for the pit lol. My back, chest, arms, and legs took such a beating I thought I'd done a full body workout, but I had a blast.
I had never heard CB7 before and absolutely fell in love with them. That chick is sick! Her energy and talent was really refreshing. The 2nd band was good too, I knew one of their songs from the radio, but other than that I wasn't going nuts for them.
Now to Mars, Jared was really full on. This was my 5th time seeing him and he's been sick at most of the shows I've seen him at so it was nice to see him actually sing most of the set himself instead of just having the audience sing most of it. I don't know if Shannon is still feeling crappy, but he kinda looked miserable to me. I was on the gate right in front of his set and he was drenched from the beginning and just looked like he was working though it. I felt kinda bad for him. I was really screaming for Buddha hoping to have something from the first album played, but yeah that didn't happen. I never got to see them on tour for the first album so the only song I've heard them play from the old album is the acoustic cut up version of Capricorn, which they didn't even do that night. I'm not sure he really is listening for requests when he asks cause each time he asks what do people want to hear he plays bad romance and I don't hear anyone screaming that. who knows? so do they no longer do signing and pix unless you buy a golden ticket? the first time i saw them live was at TOC and I didn't have to pay a couple hundred bucks and I got their signatures. Are those days completely done? I just wonder if I ran into Jared randomly if he still gives autographs out. Anyone even know?
3 people had to be dragged out in front of me and that kinda of sucked, but i gotta ask, why would you go into the pit with no water? after cb7, there were people screaming at security that they needed water. it's a pit. it's sweaty and hot and you are going to dehydrate if you don't drink water or something at least. it's common sense. anyhow, off my tangent, i had a great time. i met some great new people that i hope to run into in the future. i met some people i hope to never have to stand next to again. i know it's a pit, but i am not an armrest and cannot support the weight of someone else's ass on my hip. (not kidding she rested it on my hip)I expect to be shoved, elbowed, my feet stepped on, and maybe a foot to the face by someone surfing, but there are just lines you don't cross, like using a stranger's body like a body pillow.
Didn't run into anyone from the boards, at least not that i know of, maybe one day.
Nice review :)
Yes, the days of signing lines are over [sing it to the tune of the age of man is over, there we go] done, in the past, forget about it [italian NYC accent]. Yep, there was a signing line there in 07 TOC but the last of the signing lines happened spring of 2010 best that I know. Now one must pay $350+ to say hello/thank you/get a sig/a pic. We were the lucky ones.

View Postfallenxmarsxgirl, on 02 May 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

All in all pretty good show. No sniff of S/T or SIASL but I'm slowly coming to terms with that never happening again.

Highlights
-Met a couple cool ladies who helped me fix my hoody. I had a triad malfunction with my neon duct tape so they gave me some of theirs. Thanx :)
-Got 3rd row Shannon side despite getting to the show so late.
-NOTH full band!!! Jared killed a small piece of my heart when he played it acoustic in DC. Plz don't do that, I have a weak heart as is :(
-Being behind and in front of cool peeps in the pit. This can make or break even the best show.
-VOX POPULI. Shut up, shit's sweet live. Mostly Shannon's drumming during the 2nd half..dude murdered it. He still continues to amaze even all these shows in.
-Hanging out with some old/new ppl at the buses & having a good laugh at the people singing & cheering everytime someone came out of the gate. FYI to newbs in my experience being loud usually scares the band away...especially Letos, dude's are like deer. Ya gotta approach them slow, cam and quiet. Just sayin.
another nice review. I looked for you damnit.
haha yes Vox Poopili is fun live. But I vowed long ago that if they would not play SIASL then I would not stomp stomp clap during Vox Populi and instead stand quietly in defiance. I have forgotten that vow twice now. I blame the margaritas.

View PostELDRITCH, on 03 May 2011 - 06:08 AM, said:

Lady CandyO, yeah.  Shannon came out for just a few moments BEFORE you left.  Basically said he couldn't sign anything and just wanted to say hello.  That's why I moved up.  I guess I was hoping for one of the other two to come out.  But after you left, Tomo left in a car with other people (in the back, head down) and Jared the Deer never showed.  No worries.

I also might have some idea of why this show was different for you, a blast from the past.  For one thing, the venue brings back great memories of the good ol' days with Mars and perhaps even more especially, the good times you had with your fellow Mars friends.  It was great listening to you and B&G talk about the old concert (and the yellow line guy) and good memories are fun to relive.  Also, you really perked up when we saw the flags and the skeletons being prepped.  Jared never used the flag that was ready for him on the drum kit, though.
Ahhh gotcha. The "No pics no sigs" sounded like what Jared usually says if he comes out so without being able to see anything cause I was the lone penquin left behind, I thought he was out too.

You know, you might have a point there. And I did perk up at the flags didn't I? Hahaa B&G and I were dying when that same security guard came out, yes indeed. Maybe all that was part of it. Maybe. :)

View Postcallmeb, on 03 May 2011 - 07:21 AM, said:

:lol: CandyO - you give the most detailed reviews - love it!!

Happy they put on such a good show and you all had a fun night. :)
Thank you *curtsies* :>
People used to go on and on after a gig and I just haven't lost the habit I reckon. I like to share my memories with everyone cause that's part of the fun. Thanks for reading and sharing it with me.

View PostCuSakiYoko30, on 03 May 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

Agree with Candy - I love to have room to sing and dance - no more pit for me!
*nod*
Well, back of the pit is ok. But yeah, barrier is over for me. I need room to be ME!

Holy crap - thanks for sharing your night now that you are rested up. You did get beat up didn't you? I  completely agree that 3 steps forward is just dangerous. I felt a little bad for liking when he did it [3 times] cause as much as I enjoyed having the fresh space to breath, I knew the people up front were getting crushed. If you want to read about my "new mars" barrier experience that put me off the front forever, go to the Bender Arena DC april 23 2010 roll call thread. It's never good when one is hoping the show will be over soon please. :(

Recovered memory:
- one of the girls in the group behind us in line starts poking at one of my patches "excuse me, can you tell me what those symbols mean? I don't really follow this band but what the heck do these mean?" and I say "you mean the glyphs?" and she says "Yeah, whatever they are called, what ARE they?" so as she is taking a pic of my patches I explain the two possible meanings behind the glyphics and they all listen like I am telling ghost stores around the campfire - one of the girls says "Wow this just got really philosophical I had no idea these were so deep" then the first chick says "Okay so the band name. They won't answer that anymore right?? How did they get their name?" so I tell them about the professer and the paper, neither of which has been found... "cool cool, thank you so much" then ELDRITCH looks at me and says something like "You are like the keeper of Mars Lore" or maybe it was "You are the Mars Library" I forget. :P

It's Tuesday and I'm still grinning. I'm in my head and I am spinning. :)

#102 ELDRITCH

ELDRITCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

I believe I called you the Keeper of Mars Lore, but before that I stated that when they have a 30 Seconds to Mars museum, you will be the tour guide.

I liked both possible descriptions, by the way.

A few days after, I feel 30STM satisfied.  I guess I got it out of my system, at least for a while.  I accomplished most of what I wanted to accomplish.

#103 mizlee

mizlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

View PostCuSakiYoko30, on 03 May 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

Then the COMPLETELY ASININE, UNNECESSARY 3 STEPS FORWARD by our boy Jared....I was smashed so violently against the barricade that it knocked the wind out of me and I actually passed out for a few seconds - I literally couldn't breath. Then 3 more steps forward and then 3 more.  When I got my wind back I wasn't where I was to begin with and I noticed some smaller ladies in trouble and spent the rest of my time protecting them - none of this was fun in the least.  

The only highlight was that during The Kill when Jared came down in front of the barricade he stood on a riser in front of me - I put my arms "gently" around him not really sure if I wanted to hug him or punch him in the kidney - in hindsight I wish I would have broken his ribs. Sorry folks. So then I left just before Hurricane - in pain with a sprained right foot, a giant bruise on my diaphragm and bruised fingers.

I'm not new to concerts and not new to MARS shows either. I have been in the pit for bands a lot harder than MARS many times and know what to expect from the crowd.  I am just disgusted and disappointed in Jared's need to make people do what he says with the 3 step thing.  I was ok with it at other shows when I had assumed he was trying to get cool shots for videos but this was just absurd.  He clearly can see that people are being hurt and he could care less - I find this and him to be sick.  It's not necessary - no one likes it - why do it?! I am totally disappointed with him and the whole experience - this will definitely be my last MARS show. Big ups to Dave and all the other guys who tried to protect us!  Loved meeting Candy, Eldritch, Angel from NY and almost everyone else - most wonderful people!

....and dat's all I got to say about dat!  :P - I still had an awesome day and am looking forward to other concerts I have lined up for this summer!

wow here i thought i was the only one driven nuts by this. i was crushed into the gate and thought i was going to pass out i couldn't get any air into my lungs. jared was standing in front of me and i even looked at him like "wtf?" and he just kept driving the people into me. the crazy thing is you hear about people dying from getting crushed to death in concerts. i'm not sure why he encourages so much. people stuff themselves in pretty tight to begin with without needing any type of encouragement. it is too much. i don't know. maybe he's completely oblivious to what it does...but he seems smarter than that cause it's pretty much a common sense thing. Body shoved intensely into non moving metal gate. Gate wins.

#104 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:23 AM

View Postmizlee, on 03 May 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

wow here i thought i was the only one driven nuts by this. i was crushed into the gate and thought i was going to pass out i couldn't get any air into my lungs. jared was standing in front of me and i even looked at him like "wtf?" and he just kept driving the people into me. the crazy thing is you hear about people dying from getting crushed to death in concerts. i'm not sure why he encourages so much. people stuff themselves in pretty tight to begin with without needing any type of encouragement. it is too much. i don't know. maybe he's completely oblivious to what it does...but he seems smarter than that cause it's pretty much a common sense thing. Body shoved intensely into non moving metal gate. Gate wins.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you agreeing with me.  It's not the crowd itself - I sign up for any injuries from them if I choose to go up front.  It's Jared...and yes he is perfectly aware of what it does to us.  He saw me in trouble too....I certainly don't expect him to stop everything but he needs to stop encouraging it.  I come from Cincinnati where The Who tragedy went down in the 70's and most people I know have an older brother, sister or someone who either got hurt, actually died or was there so maybe I'm a little more sensitive to it.  I love the band, I've spent plenty of money supporting them and traveling to see them.....why encourage injury to the people who put you where you are and hold you in such high esteem?! WTF?!? is right! .....which explains my utter disappointment. It's just wrong on such a massive level.  Maybe it will take someone getting killed or seriously injured to make him stop this....I genuinely hope not.  :(

#105 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

The Who thing was from people RUNNING to get to the front, kinda different.. but it still sucks, nothing like having breathing room then everyone piles into you like an ass rape orgy b/c Jared Leto says so :(

Glad CandyO had a good time :)

#106 callmeb

callmeb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

Cusakyoko30 & Mizlee - yeah, I learned the hard way that anywhere in the pit or more so right up front isn't safe.  Packed in like sardines - worse than 5:00 p.m. subways in the city, not for me!!  Hope you're both on the mend.

#107 Nine

Nine

BORN VILLAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

View PostBeanDubh, on 02 May 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

candyo...i was directly in the mid section, 102, but right smack on the Aisle, tomo side, since i was row M i reckon i was what? 13 rows from the pit? if i knew how to count or say my Alphabet? i think i was in the crowd where people preferred to be drunk? it was def the side with the NOT so friendly security, who were VERY Annoyed that we came down close to the pit...And i had the same philosophy, i told my daughter hey! we stay right here jared told you to come closer so were going closer And since youre only 12 i get to go too, but since i do have moments of grown-up-ness i did realize yes this is their job, And yes i do understand the concept of people/capacity/building codes/etc so we quietly moved back when CTTE was over, had i not been with friends who dont understand, i would have lingered And made An Ass out of my self randomly yelling peoples usernames to see if Anyone was Around...they put the pic up tho which is cool And when i zoom i totally see my daughters orange fishnet gloves with me like A big ole nerd next to her making A triad with my hands, wearing my technical white night shirt:) outlined with glow paint cause hey, ill still follow the rules A little

Where were you taught that every letter A needs to be capitalized?

#108 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

hah! funny.
no.  
i used to be A writer, And i have A poetry chapbook published, plus various misc. online poetry places have published me, it just was my style with writing that every A got capitalized, i dont even know how i started And i dont even write Anymore but its become second nature

#109 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

View PostNine, on 04 May 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

The Who thing was from people RUNNING to get to the front, kinda different.. but it still sucks, nothing like having breathing room then everyone piles into you like an ass rape orgy b/c Jared Leto says so :(

Yeah it sucks - The Who thing was not from running - read the book "The Kids are All Right" about the events that happened that night. My husband's aunt's fiance was trampled to death that night....and he wasn't running.  It's actually really interesting.  All of my husband's family went to Wyoming High School which is where quite a few of the trampled to death went. I have this copy of the book which was borrowed from the school library in like 1982 and never returned by the younger brother of another who was killed....kinda creepy. It talks a lot about crowd mentality and the behaviors of people stuck in that situation...really a good read.

#110 mizlee

mizlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

OMG I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE I'D BEEN ASS RAPED! I feel so...dirty and used and nobody bought me dinner first or pulled my hair.
:blink:

#111 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

View Postmizlee, on 04 May 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

OMG I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE I'D BEEN ASS RAPED! I feel so...dirty and used and nobody bought me dinner first or pulled my hair.
:lol:  well better luck next time.

#112 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

View PostELDRITCH, on 03 May 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

I believe I called you the Keeper of Mars Lore, but before that I stated that when they have a 30 Seconds to Mars museum, you will be the tour guide.
yes yes, that was it. I remembered good. mostly :)
And may I just say what a pleasure it was to hang out with a gentleman who uses Lore in an everyday conversation. I don't get that everyday.

Thanks dude. I did. :)
I couldn't have danced more if Lovekiller had been on repeat...

View Postmizlee, on 04 May 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

haha  :lol:
at one point I looked at ELDRITCH and said I do believe I am going to impregnant this man in front of me tonight. I did not mean to ass rape!

I still have bruises on the back of my legs from rubbing up against the seat part of the back barrier. I was pushed up against it so tight when dancing during Mars and when the toll people went by.

We had a time, yeah?

#113 sungoddess5

sungoddess5

...because Glyph Rings are Serious Business !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

View PostCandyO, on 01 May 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

Saw darkeststar and Amy afterward, and they, me, E, B&G went to the buses. My hand to god, the same security guys was there. Sungoddess, I forgot to take a pic but there was no mistaking his voice “If you want to hang out, stand behind the yellow line. Do not step off the curb. DO NOT LOOK THE DIRT DIRECTLY IN THE EYE. We were saying everything as he said it cause we knew the drill - we were laughing so hard.

^This brought the biggest smile to my face. I cannot believe he was still there, FOUR YEARS after that show, but kinda glad he was in a nostalgic kind of way. I wish I had been there with you again! What a fantastic homecoming/reunion that would have been. hehehe If any more shows pop up this year around DC/MD/PA I will do my best to be there, I promise!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Candy! Good times! :D

#114 pablo diablo

pablo diablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

camden show was amazing, my second show and my wife's first... she fell hard and now can't get it out of her head, I told her it was a cult

#115 pablo diablo

pablo diablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

that's funny, when I saw the panorama shot I was excited to find us, I am on the farthest you can get on the right side and still be seen, a few rows up wearing a pink shirt and white long sleeves. Sadly, some stooge stood on his chair right in front of my wife so she can't be seen, she was bummed about that. How crazy it must have been to be in the pit and front and center of the pic

#116 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

View Postsungoddess5, on 06 May 2011 - 06:01 PM, said:

^This brought the biggest smile to my face. I cannot believe he was still there, FOUR YEARS after that show, but kinda glad he was in a nostalgic kind of way. I wish I had been there with you again! What a fantastic homecoming/reunion that would have been. hehehe If any more shows pop up this year around DC/MD/PA I will do my best to be there, I promise!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Candy! Good times! :D
Hope it made up for me not taking a pic of the yellow line. :)

OMG we died when we heard his voice. We were on your side of the road this time, and then this dude stomped into the dirt right next to us and started peeing on the wall and B&G and darkeststar all looked at each other and were like FUCK move away so security dude doesn't think we are with that guy cause he is totally violating the dirt. Hahaa.

Yeah, the nostalgic factor was high. Wish you had been there. And Imma hold you to that dc/md/pa  promise. :)

View Postpablo diablo, on 09 May 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

that's funny, when I saw the panorama shot I was excited to find us, I am on the farthest you can get on the right side and still be seen, a few rows up wearing a pink shirt and white long sleeves. Sadly, some stooge stood on his chair right in front of my wife so she can't be seen, she was bummed about that. How crazy it must have been to be in the pit and front and center of the pic
Welcome Aboard! So glad you and your wife had a good time. Cool you can pick yourself out in that pic. I feel your wife's pain. My buddy and I were over on the left of the pic, in the pit, but things were so crowded by then that I cannot see the back barrier or the aisle I was in front of in order to triangulate my position. There was a tall guy in front of me at one point and I think I see him so maybe I was behind him right then... I put my arms up but didn't leave them up long enough apparently... then there was the drum kit and flag so maybe I am behind one of those components. It was fun looking tho... like searching for a quasar that has been swallowed by a black hole.

#117 mizlee

mizlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

View Postpablo diablo, on 09 May 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

where'd you see a panorama shot? jared took a pic, i figured he'd tweet it but never saw it. also had my pic taken by photographer, but have no idea where that will show up.

nevermind found the crowd shot and yes i can see me!

#118 BeanDubh

BeanDubh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

sorry to bump this back up but i was looking thru my pics (AGAIN!) from the show And i have this one i think is pretty cool And thought id check to see if the person in it was possibly A member here or possibly someone here knew him. he had on A white shirt the back said this is war And he had A [pomegranate] mohawk, wouldve been in my section, 102, no more than A few rows Ahead of me, so Anything just below row M over towards the left side closer to the Aisle. the pic i have tho is during K&Q And i have A shot of this guy with both Arms raised Above his head but the stage triad is Almost perfectly framed right Above his head in between his Arms. i thought it was pretty cool, thought maybe id let him know if Anyone had A remote chance of knowing who it is lol

#119 marsfan927

marsfan927

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Just wondering if anyone lse saw the bands photographer? Anyone know where I might be able to get those pics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users