118 replies to this topic

#1 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

I would like to thank a certain someone for loosening things up a bit. And thus, we now have a roll call for Camden, NJ. Finaly. Cause it's loose enough for me. Wild & Wooly is important sometimes.

You know you've been on Mars World a while when you start recycling venues. The Susquehanna Bank Center used to be the Tweeter Center and I had a damn fine time there during TOC in 2007. My bag and patch hoody made their debut there. Oh, the memories. I have a penny jar set up already for dinner cause those hot dogs are pricey.

Uhh... link to the link for tickets links
ticket stuff here
Venue Info/Details
Susquehanna Bank Center 1 Harbour Blvd, Camden, NJ  08103

Stay in Philly and take a cab over the river, it's not too expensive. [edit to add] There is ample parking at the venue. Sorry, I was thinking like the non-car driving person that I am. Just remember to have money for the toll back across the bridge. New Jersey charges you to EXIT the state. Just saying.

Don't worry about Camden being a "scary city". The venue is on the waterfront & there is lots of security around during/after a show. I had a good time, and I did not carry mace.

p.s. If you want to organize band stalking or licking or whatever the fuck it is the freaks do these days, please don't post it here. Keep that shit on twitter. Thank you kindly.

THEME NIGHT: WARPAINT/COLOR/NEON NIGHT
Radio 104.5 - Thanks for voting in 30 Seconds to Mars' Theme Night Poll. The winning theme is WARPAINT/COLOR /NEON NIGHT Find the loudest, most colorful color clothes possible. Paint your face & outfits with neon, LED lights, glow sticks, or fluorescent paint. It's a rave gone weird!  

New Guest List Contest thingy...
Radio 104.5 ENTER TO WIN: Get on the Guest List! 30 Seconds to Mars with Anberlin, April 30th at Susquehanna Bank Center- Last Tickets Enter to win below, and check back weekdays, Monday-Friday, to see if you are the winner!

Here we go :)

ROLL CALL
CandyO
CuSakiYoko30
mizlee +1
MarinerIV + 1 (Barb and Greg)
fmslouie + 4
ELDRITCH
cubbinsgirl09_03_10 +3
Tammy81 +1
fallenxmarsxgirl + 1
Krista + boyfriend
BeanDubh + 3
Melani1319
modernMythsofPromise *fingers crossed*
luckystar37 + 2
^FromYesterday^ + wife
TheLolle + 4

#2 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

Thanks Candy-O.....and to whoever loosened things up?!  someone said it's scary there.  Not sure what this means but still trying to see if this would be a good place to go because I have a hotel room and plane ticket free to go here but not sure this is where I would want to go.  Not the sort to see every show near me....picking just one.

#3 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

updated regarding parking and scary stuff

Looking for
marinerIV where are you?
Eldritch where are you?
darkestar where are you?
athenaskye where are you?
bcphrys where are you... miss you....
... and Attack Jacket. You coming????

#4 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

View PostCandyO, on 05 April 2011 - 03:36 PM, said:

updated regarding parking and scary stuff

Looking for
marinerIV where are you?
Eldritch where are you?
darkestar where are you?
athenaskye where are you?
bcphrys where are you... miss you....
... and Attack Jacket. You coming????

Do you know anything about the venue?  I couldn't tell whether or not if GA tickets were purchased if this would put me in the pit or if you have to purchase a "section" to be in the pit.

Thanks!

#5 mizlee

mizlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

View PostCuSakiYoko30, on 06 April 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

Do you know anything about the venue?  I couldn't tell whether or not if GA tickets were purchased if this would put me in the pit or if you have to purchase a "section" to be in the pit.

Thanks!

Thank god someone started the roll call. I wasn't up to it after the last one and all the rules I didn't know in advance.
Please add me+1

If you're ticket says GA you are in the pit. If it doesn't say GA, you are in seats. The venue has a small open pit area (no seats) in front of the stage, then seats, and during the summer, they have the lawn open behind it. (It won't be open for this event. They put screens up so you can see the band when it is open)I just checked their website and they are selling lawn seats...I'm a little surprised since they don't normally open up lawn until the summer so I was wrong.   I saw them there during Taste of Chaos and it was great. It wasn't a sold out show so people weren't jammed in and even in the seats you aren't too far away from the stage to enjoy it.

Anyone know if this is a Theme night?

Edited by mizlee, 23 April 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#6 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

View Postmizlee, on 06 April 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

Thank god someone started the roll call. I wasn't up to it after the last one and all the rules I didn't know in advance.
Please add me+1

If you're ticket says GA you are in the pit. If it doesn't say GA, you are in seats. The venue has a small open pit area (no seats) in front of the stage, then seats, and during the summer, they have the lawn open behind it. (It won't be open for this event. They put screens up so you can see the band when it is open) I saw them there during Taste of Chaos and it was great. It wasn't a sold out show so people weren't jammed in and even in the seats you aren't too far away from the stage to enjoy it.

Thanks Mizlee

#7 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

View Postmizlee, on 06 April 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

Please add me+1

If you're ticket says GA you are in the pit. If it doesn't say GA, you are in seats. The venue has a small open pit area (no seats) in front of the stage, then seats, and during the summer, they have the lawn open behind it. (It won't be open for this event. They put screens up so you can see the band when it is open) I saw them there during Taste of Chaos and it was great. It wasn't a sold out show so people weren't jammed in and even in the seats you aren't too far away from the stage to enjoy it.

yeah, see, I told Helios that all the "rules" were why people were not starting roll calls and please ease them up a little. So he did. Thank you for your statement cause it adds validation to my argument, after the fact. oh and you are added +1 :)

Yeah, the venue is cool. I remember wheeling all the bags we stuffed for Virgin during that TOC gig through the venue out to the front before doors via the back walk and it was still a pretty good view of the stage. Even seats have a good vantage point. *nod*

No Theme night as of yet. I think the band forgot they were going to have "lots of theme nights". The first gig of this USA leg kicks off tomorrow, right? And nary a theme night has been announced. I'm pretty okay with that.

#8 AsperaAdAstra70

AsperaAdAstra70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi Candy - Just bought my ticket so am going for sure - please remove the "I think" - thanks!

#9 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

updated :)

#10 MarinerIV

MarinerIV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Dear Benevolent Keeper of the Roll Call,

Please add MarinerIV + 1 (Barb and Greg).  Many thanks.

..and so the countdown begins.

#11 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

View PostMarinerIV, on 11 April 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

Dear Benevolent Keeper of the Roll Call,

Please add MarinerIV + 1 (Barb and Greg).  Many thanks.

..and so the countdown begins.
There you are :) :) :)
I wonder if Benevolent Keeper of the Roll Call would fit in my title?
Done! Can't wait to see you guys. AC was so long ago.

I feel the urge to make stickers....

#12 fmslouie

fmslouie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

:) I Will be there bringing 4 people i cant wait. i wonder if there will be a theme night

#13 ELDRITCH

ELDRITCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

CandyO, I am in!

I'll be there, and will more than likely scream my eyes out.  I could use a good catharsis.

#14 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

done and done :)

No dude no! Just be the jump up and down guy. We don't need to be cleaning up eyeballs that got screamed out. Plus it makes the footing in the pit slippery.

Yeah, now the party is starting. :)

#15 ELDRITCH

ELDRITCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

The local sponsoring radio station put up a page with a way to vote for which theme night this show should be.  I thought I'd pass it on.

http://www.radio1045...ondstomars.html

#16 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

I guess there will be a theme night, VOTE for you favourite one
http://www.radio1045...ondstomars.html

Also you can win tix:

WIN: Meet 30 Seconds To Mars Text your way into 30 Seconds To Mars' Radio 104.5 show at Susquehanna Bank Center on April 30th! Just be the 104th to text "mars" to 91045 anytime you hear a song from 30 Seconds To Mars 7am-7pm and you win tickets to the show - some will get pit tickets! Plus, 5 winners and their guest will be awarded the Grand Prize of meeting Jared Leto and 30 Seconds To Mars!

#17 cubbinsgirl09_03_10

cubbinsgirl09_03_10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hiiii CandyO!!!!! Add me and 3 others to the roll call! and if anyone needs any help with promo or missions hit my inbox sdblevins@live.com

#18 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

thank you ELDRITCH & VanillaMintFusion for the Radio 104.5 voting/win tickets links. Added.

Updated to post #17

it was warm today. It feels like Mars traveling weather. :)

#19 Tammy81

Tammy81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Me +1

#20 fallenxmarsxgirl

fallenxmarsxgirl

DONT FEED THE PIGEONS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'll be there :) +1

Tweeter center round 2....aww nostalgic here, my first Mars show TOC was at this venue.

As far as safety goes, the venue/parking is pretty secure but you do not want to walk around Camden if you don't know the area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users