• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Stephy

Stephy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hey guys! I was listening to Vox Populi and, as usual with 30STM songs, I was feeling inspired! So I thought of an idea of how not only to get the word out about Mars, but to get Echelon members themselves more involved in fun activities and missions.

My idea is that we create a weekly "show" that deals with all things Echelon/30 Seconds to Mars. It can be a faux news channel, if you will. (Echelon News Network? The Echelon Update?...) There can be different segments, like 'Echelon Member of the Week' or 'Echelon Mission of the Week.' We can do interviews with fans and with random people on the street. ( How neat would it be to film us going around asking people about the Argus Apocraphex? And then directing them to the 340STM site for more answers? :D )

I have a gazillion ideas for what can be on the show, but thats not important to discuss right now. What is important is why I even think this would work in the first place. By creating these weekly (or bi-weekly or whatever) videos, we bring all things Echelon to a central, easy to access source. Every Echelon group in the world can tune in and see what other Echelonians are doing (: I think if we showcase just how awesome it is to be in Echelon, and what a great, dysfunctional family we are, people would be more willing to join up. They'd see how much fun we have and wonder why we are so passionate. This opens the door to them figuring out what is so great about Mars and hopefully, they'll become fans as well.

People who don't fit in anywhere else can look at the video and see that people of every kind are in Echelon, a place where they'll be accepted no matter what. We can also feature charities (The Echelon House!) which will let people know that being a part of Echelon is more than being 'fans' of 30STM; we are dedicated to bringing good to the world (admittedly, sometimes in the form of the Leto brothers and their buddy Tomo.) ;P

So that was for people who don't really know about Echelon, but this project could benefit even the longest standing Echelon members! By featuring missions and people, we encourage Echelonians to get more involved, more creative, and more passionate about spreading the word. We create a tighter knit family by linking everyone together in one little video.

I would just like for there to be a place where Echelon members, or soon-to-be Echelon members, can get an idea of what we're all about and can more easily find instructions for missions, as well as the top examples of what we do best. This wouldn't be some crap video recorded in someone's bedroom in the dark, with muddled audio. For people to respond to it, I think it would have to be pretty high quality and of course, entertaining.

Okay. So there's my idea. If it sucks, let me know, because I thought of it and posted it right away... I may have missed some major steps in the analytical process, haha. Dissect this monster and let me know what you think.

(The forum seems kind of dead...maybe this could liven it up?)

#2 felicis

felicis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

I think its a great idea considering i recently (about 2010) re-discovered them in a way  - long story-  and i totally love them but have no idea about the echelon(4give my spelling if its wrong  :unsure: ) Also i think it would be a great way for people who can not necessarily go to these events to still be apart of them!!

#3 bm30stm

bm30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

it is an AWESOME idea!!! xD so,when do we start?? how do we start? :D

#4 Stephy

Stephy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

Oh, thank goodness. I was beginning to think it was such a terrible idea that people were avoiding it all together. They could at least stop by and say its bad or something xD

Anyways, thanks for replying! Thats exactly what I was thinking, Felicis. I kind of had to search all around a zillion different websites, forum postings, twitter accounts, etc. to get back up to date with them. I think bringing it all together in one easy to access place would be really nice.

I am currently trying to get everything together as far as equipment goes and personnel. Its moving at a slow pace right now, but hopefully once I get a couple of foundation requirements sorted out, the ball will get rolling. (:

P.s. I'm located in Dallas, TX... so.. any Echelon help around there would greatly appreciated xD Once we get them, then we can utilize those out of state for concerts and such. (:

#5 bm30stm

bm30stm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

hey even if we're not in Dallas we can still join this thing, right? i'll be waiting for any updates :D

#6 alexus

alexus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

it is an AWESOME idea!!! xD so,when do we start?? how do we start?

#7 AmeliaAbiotic

AmeliaAbiotic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

I want to contribute to this too!!!
Sounds like heck loads of fun. lol

#8 MaidOfMars

MaidOfMars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostStephy, on 28 March 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

Oh, thank goodness. I was beginning to think it was such a terrible idea that people were avoiding it all together. They could at least stop by and say its bad or something xD

Anyways, thanks for replying! Thats exactly what I was thinking, Felicis. I kind of had to search all around a zillion different websites, forum postings, twitter accounts, etc. to get back up to date with them. I think bringing it all together in one easy to access place would be really nice.

I am currently trying to get everything together as far as equipment goes and personnel. Its moving at a slow pace right now, but hopefully once I get a couple of foundation requirements sorted out, the ball will get rolling. (:

P.s. I'm located in Dallas, TX... so.. any Echelon help around there would greatly appreciated xD Once we get them, then we can utilize those out of state for concerts and such. (:

This is a great idea!!! and I'm glad I've finally found a fellow Texas Echelon!!! I've been searching for you guys for forever, lol. I'm not located in Dallas, but I'm located in Denton, close enough and I would be more than glad to help you:D

#9 darknesslovers

darknesslovers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:51 AM

that's a great idea..yeah but how? *exciting*..:D)

#10 dfoose

dfoose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

i can participate for new jersey/boston! i really want to make a video of me and a bunch of people kind of running through the streets drawing the glyphs and the triad on the sidewalks and buildings in chalk and then putting up posters and stuff so let us once you get this thing going :)

#11 burningrain_baptizingpain

burningrain_baptizingpain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

i can help with stuff in DFW, Tx and i have some friends who can help as well. id love to take shots and vids of ppl doing crazy things ar just artistic junk we could put up in the show. we could get ideas to the guys to see what they think and kina bring them into it too. there are lots of places in our area where we could spread the word in an artistic and creative yet meaningful and inspiring way... much the same way the This Is War album has captivated us. im willing to put myself out there but this project is way too big to be handled by a small group.. maybe a collection of small groups ... or troops... the Echelon troops or we could have our own chapter names... like the DFW chapter could have a name and the LA chapter could have a name etc and we could work collectively on large projects as well as individual and group projects. what do yall think?

#12 iMarsX

iMarsX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hi there, i'm new to this topic not new to the site, just haven't been
here for a while, I saw this topic and figured i'd check it out....
What did you decide to do about your idea???

View PostStephy, on 07 March 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

Hey guys! I was listening to Vox Populi and, as usual with 30STM songs, I was feeling inspired! So I thought of an idea of how not only to get the word out about Mars, but to get Echelon members themselves more involved in fun activities and missions.

My idea is that we create a weekly "show" that deals with all things Echelon/30 Seconds to Mars. It can be a faux news channel, if you will. (Echelon News Network? The Echelon Update?...) There can be different segments, like 'Echelon Member of the Week' or 'Echelon Mission of the Week.' We can do interviews with fans and with random people on the street. ( How neat would it be to film us going around asking people about the Argus Apocraphex? And then directing them to the 340STM site for more answers? :D )

I have a gazillion ideas for what can be on the show, but thats not important to discuss right now. What is important is why I even think this would work in the first place. By creating these weekly (or bi-weekly or whatever) videos, we bring all things Echelon to a central, easy to access source. Every Echelon group in the world can tune in and see what other Echelonians are doing (: I think if we showcase just how awesome it is to be in Echelon, and what a great, dysfunctional family we are, people would be more willing to join up. They'd see how much fun we have and wonder why we are so passionate. This opens the door to them figuring out what is so great about Mars and hopefully, they'll become fans as well.

People who don't fit in anywhere else can look at the video and see that people of every kind are in Echelon, a place where they'll be accepted no matter what. We can also feature charities (The Echelon House!) which will let people know that being a part of Echelon is more than being 'fans' of 30STM; we are dedicated to bringing good to the world (admittedly, sometimes in the form of the Leto brothers and their buddy Tomo.) ;P

So that was for people who don't really know about Echelon, but this project could benefit even the longest standing Echelon members! By featuring missions and people, we encourage Echelonians to get more involved, more creative, and more passionate about spreading the word. We create a tighter knit family by linking everyone together in one little video.

I would just like for there to be a place where Echelon members, or soon-to-be Echelon members, can get an idea of what we're all about and can more easily find instructions for missions, as well as the top examples of what we do best. This wouldn't be some crap video recorded in someone's bedroom in the dark, with muddled audio. For people to respond to it, I think it would have to be pretty high quality and of course, entertaining.

Okay. So there's my idea. If it sucks, let me know, because I thought of it and posted it right away... I may have missed some major steps in the analytical process, haha. Dissect this monster and let me know what you think.

(The forum seems kind of dead...maybe this could liven it up?)

#13 ashmash_turtle

ashmash_turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Is this something Echelons around the world can join in with? I'm from Northern Ireland (UK) but I'd love to do something!

#14 Merkey

Merkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Good idea, support! !

#15 Teat

Teat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

View Postbm30stm, on 26 March 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

it is an AWESOME idea!!! xD so,when do we start?? how do we start? :D
As long as you have the beginning of that idea, they begin it, act it. You are great!   :P

#16 Ardeur

Ardeur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

I'd love to help out but im from the Uk. Any ideas how i could help ?

#17 MARShunter

MARShunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

That's great idea! I'm from finland and i have a couple of friends who might be interested in this, so what can we do?(;

#18 Mars_Soldier

Mars_Soldier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

Sounds like a great idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users