• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Morituri

Morituri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

well im from hamburg so i'll bring me right there in fact i've to wk the next day..

#22 echelondeutschland

echelondeutschland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

Hamburg....I will be there. I will be HOME!!! It will be nice to see 30STM in my beautiful city!!!!  I travel so much but I will be there.  Have my tix!!!!

#23 *bintang*

*bintang*

[Mars Car Division] X 6277

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

Are you both already registered on German board? www.30secondstomars.de

#24 ponette

ponette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

I'm getting my ticket this weekend  :)

Help me out though - is FKP Scorpio a reliable company when it comes to buying tickets? Have always used Eventim but at Scorpio it's cheaper.

Will be grateful for any info soon.

#25 *bintang*

*bintang*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

I always buy tickets from eventim or Karsten Jahnke if itīs in Hamburg.

#26 KluteJan

KluteJan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

Woooooho! The Best Band of the world comes again to Germany and I will be there :D But up to now ther is nobody who came with me... :(
No metter, I think we will have a great Time there :)

#27 Freaky

Freaky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

uppss... have our tix for month but have completely forgotten to let us add to the rollcall

so .... MadMax241178 and Freaky will be there.

#28 ponette

ponette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

View Post*bintang*, on 09 June 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

I always buy tickets from eventim or Karsten Jahnke if itīs in Hamburg.

Thanks for your help :) Got my ticket and just wish it was August already...

#29 *bintang*

*bintang*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

View PostFreaky, on 20 June 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

uppss... have our tix for month but have completely forgotten to let us add to the rollcall

so .... MadMax241178 and Freaky will be there.

:D Canīt wait for August!

#30 Freaky

Freaky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

yeayyy... me too. Unfortunately we can't make it to more shows in August, but one is better than nothing. I look forward to meet all of you again ... Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy...  :D

#31 _x_Caroline_x_

_x_Caroline_x_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

CC I'm coming too!
Add me pretty please?
Thank you!!!

#32 Raive L.

Raive L.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:49 AM

hey to all you crazy and beautiful people  :)
I and 2 my friends are going to Hamburg and Mannheim. It would be nice to find someone who's going to both show by a car! We could share a payment for gasoline
Please help me with any advice. tanx  :rolleyes:

#33 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Since I am back after years and years I will get back to old customs, too. Please add me to the Roll Call... ;-)

And btw: yes, the capacity will NOT be 80.000 but less as the area for the stage etc is much smaller than the whole Trabrennbahn.

Haha, looking at the Roll Calls in the old days this is really cute :-P

#34 aloha !

aloha !

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

woooow...I wish I was there with U guys...I planned to be there, I even got a ticket but .. couldnt manage to be there *saaaad* ! anyways...
its tomorrow so... have fuuuuuun !
oh and Hamburg is a beautiful city so don't forget to go sightseeing :D
greetings from poland ! :)
Poland waits for 8th of November !

#35 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:43 AM

Well where to start. Setlist I guess...

Escape
A Beautiful Lie
Attack
Search & Destroy
This is War
100 Suns
Vox Populi
L490
Hurricane (acoustic)
Alibi (acoustic)
The Police - Message in a Bottle cover (acoustic/part of song)
Was it a Dream (acoustic / part of song)
The Kill (begin acoustic / ends full band)
Closer to the Edge
Night of the Hunter
Kings & Queens

Personally I wasn't impressed with this gig. It was 90 minutes long but effectively they probably only sang/played 50-55 minutes. The final two songs took up the last half hour! Yes, TWO SONGS in THIRTY MINUTES! Add the blah blah during the acoustic bit and getting two fans on stage before The Kill (this has been added recently) it is just too much talking and not enough music. Search & Destroy and Kings & Queens are interrupted (which is part of their "script" to motivate people to "join in" more). But that didn't work. The crowd didn't seem into it at all, with the exception of the front pit where girls were squealing at any image of Jared and any move in their direction. Acoustic songs are not played in full, just fragments. Also again same setlist, come on guys do some variation. Most of the time you couldn't hear Jared singing, the sound was really bad and we were in the second front section, imagine those in the back didn't hear much at all.

Best part of the night was Carpark North and Morning Glory opening. Antoine Becks DJ'd inbetween the bands but the music he played really wasn't the right type of music for the crowd. He tried his best and looked enthousiastic but yeah nobody joined in. Jared's voice was good though (when we heard him), Tomo seemed to have a blast jumping around too. Funniest moment of the night was during TIW they threw blow up sex dolls into the audience. Highlight of the evening  :lol: But the best part was seeing some people again that I hadn't seen in ages. We had fun after the gig chatting for ages!

Lots of bad reviews (six pages of them) of this gig on eventim.de - people were not impressed, quite the opposite actually.

#36 J30STM

J30STM

"Rock - Paper - Scissors - Lizard - Spock"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,088 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

^^ I just read large part of the reviews on Eventim.de... :(

Boy, looks like they haven't gained a lot of fans, more or less lost a lot. Specially under the first timers..Already 7 pages of reviews and most of what I read is not in praise of the singing ( or rather lack thereoff ) and the amount of time played ( music ).

I am seriously doubting going to Cologne now as it still is the same show I have seen a bunch of times already...too bad

Happy you at least had a good time with friends chatting & opening bands were fun :)

#37 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

Well the sound I guess was a technical thing and lots of wind too, they simply didn't have it loud enough. Could hear Tomo really well and Shannon, but I couldn't hear Jared half the time. Especially the talking, so it was quiet a long time :lol:

All that needs "fixing" is a bit less talking (I do enjoy the chatting inbetween, it makes it more personal, but it's too much) and more singing and more variation. That's all it needs. They themselves do give their all during each song if they're playing it full ;)

EDIT: here are the fanreports (in german). You can google translate if you don't understand but basically it's pages of people being dissapointed.

http://www.eventim.d...Mars&kuid=10092

#38 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:36 AM

View PostVanillaMintFusion, on 25 August 2011 - 05:43 AM, said:

Personally I wasn't impressed with this gig.

Am totally with you on that. Pretty sad gig that was only fun because I had my fabulous family around. :wub:
Technically the concert was really bad and the actual stage time just was a joke.

In your setlist you forgot that they covered Pantera's "Cowboys from Hell" right before K&Q. Obviously without Jared singing  :lol:  Where I stood there were some metalheads who actually knew the lyrics to that one. One of the best moments ever was them singing along.  :lol:

Am actually a bit sad as I think this concert has put many people off 30STM...  :mellow:

#39 madabo

madabo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:36 AM

All I have to say about this concert is you can't win them all.

#40 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Thing is the gigs have progressively been going downhill especially in the last few months. Shorter, less singing, more chatting... plus the crowd seems to be less and less into them.

Yeah Pantera, they've been doing that every gig now before K&Q. I had to laugh since that was almost the part where the crowd sang the most along. The other (Mars) songs the crowd wasn't really into it :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users