• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mars1810

mars1810

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hi everybody, I'm a new member in this forum. I'm from Germany and ask for understanding that my English isn't so good. :)
One thing I'm so confused with are the different editions of A Beautiful Lie. Please can you give me an overview about all the different editions.
Personally I have the original 2005 release with 12 tracks, the european 2007 re-release with different cover but same content and the hologramm digipack with 13 Tracks and DVD.

#2 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

I thought maybe I could direct you to the Trading Post , or Merch threads, I thought on the first few pages there were photos of some of the c.d.'s etc. I think there may be a list or descriptions ??? Maybe someone will remember where I saw it.

#3 Mars.echelon

Mars.echelon

Not So Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:45 AM

honestly I don't know if anyone knows all the versions, they might be 20 or something. Different cover art, different tracks, different booklet art, different disc color (red, white, grey skulls), etc etc.

#4 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

That's what I was going to say - it depends on how technical you want to get, if you count unreleased versions/advanced versions/foreign versions with only slight differences, etc.

#5 Astupitgirl

Astupitgirl

Ball buster Extraordinaire , No newb here..Incognito 2001

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

is this walmart one  i have to edge of the earth considered an "edition" i'm thinking it's a single right? Didn't even know i had it.

#6 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

View PostAstupitgirl, on 07 February 2011 - 01:54 PM, said:

is this walmart one  i have to edge of the earth considered an "edition" i'm thinking it's a single right? Didn't even know i had it.

D - it's a single that they released just through WalMart, with a DVD as the other disc (with the video).

#7 CandyO

CandyO

Happy Mars Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

View PostMistressred, on 06 February 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

I thought maybe I could direct you to the Trading Post , or Merch threads, I thought on the first few pages there were photos of some of the c.d.'s etc. I think there may be a list or descriptions ??? Maybe someone will remember where I saw it.
I do I do, I remember!
Thirty Seconds to Mars Catalogue CD, Vinyl, etc
I had to switch to IP view to use search to find it, but I count it as a learning experience.

View PostMars.echelon, on 07 February 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

honestly I don't know if anyone knows all the versions, they might be 20 or something. Different cover art, different tracks, different booklet art, different disc color (red, white, grey skulls), etc etc.

View PostLily_17, on 07 February 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

That's what I was going to say - it depends on how technical you want to get, if you count unreleased versions/advanced versions/foreign versions with only slight differences, etc.
True that.
But Alex gave it a go. :> I just scrolled down the list and I didn't see the ABL Japan edition with short version of From Yesterday nor the two disc cd+dvd ABL Japan edition that has both S/T videos and all four ABL videos, but he knew that already. If I knew where to find the vin numbers or whatever they are called, I would post them so he can add them to his list. And photos are coming soon... Mars soon. Alex is busy too.  ;)

#8 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

View PostCandyO, on 07 February 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

I do I do, I remember!
Thirty Seconds to Mars Catalogue CD, Vinyl, etc
I had to switch to IP view to use search to find it, but I count it as a learning experience.

True that.
But Alex gave it a go. :> I just scrolled down the list and I didn't see the ABL Japan edition with short version of From Yesterday nor the two disc cd+dvd ABL Japan edition that has both S/T videos and all four ABL videos, but he knew that already. If I knew where to find the vin numbers or whatever they are called, I would post them so he can add them to his list. And photos are coming soon... Mars soon. Alex is busy too.  ;)

Posted Image

#9 mars1810

mars1810

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

thanx for your answers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users