CALL TO ARMS short film project (nonprofit/tribute)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 JoshThomsen

JoshThomsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

Hey everyone my name is Josh Thomsen and i'm an 18 year old filmmaker and have been an avid fan of 30 seconds to mars for 6 years now. The bands music, their vision, their films, and the Echelon have gotten me through more than a few tough times in my life and I feel that it's time I try to give back. I've been taking film classes for 4 years now and have completed several projects that I'm proud to have my name in the credits of. I've thought long and hard on what I'd like to do and I believe that since I (obviously) cannot utilize the band members, that I'd center it on 4th member of 30 seconds to mars, the echelon. A song that has so far been untouched by Bartholomeu Cubbin's extraordinary films that I think would be perfect for my idea, would be A Call to Arms, or Vox Populi.

Now it took me awhile to think of a suitable idea for a short film with that song while attempting to stay in Cubbin's general vision or style of films, so far (excluding Closer to the Edge) taking place in a city at night (kings and queens/Hurricane), being a group of individuals apart from "normal" society, bringing the echelon into the films, and achieving a feeling of being apart of something great and powerful (the echelon). I've always loved the idea's in the forum such as the DIY promo's, the glyph and triad missions, spreading the word in odd, exciting, and unique ways, etc. So I've been working with some people on some ideas and the one I think really stood out to me was the idea of opening on a member of the echelon, on a cliff overlooking a city (location already scouted), sending a mass text message of the words "PROVEHITO IN ALTUM". Now without revealing the whole video, (as many members as I can get) receive the text and begin forwarding the message if you will in different forms (I.E. slapping stickers, hanging up banners, putting bumber stickers and window clings on their cars) while they "answer the call of the echelon" (video will make that clear). Video closes on several hundred echelon members end up at the cliff and stand alongside the one who started it by sending the text. as they look out upon the city they've changed, fireworks (digitally included) will match with the finale of the song "this is our call to arms, we are the knights" and then credits roll.

Let me add that I will make absolutely zero profit from this film as it is strictly a tribute, and a promo to get the word out. If the band, their representatives, etc. like our film then hopefully we can get it out there on the website, and if we get approval we can get it out to film festivals around the world so all will know of 30stm.

Now that you understand the project, here's what I would be extremely grateful to receive from all of you:

1: Video Footage of you *Stomp, Stomp, Clap* you can do it anywhere, on a bus, in a car, while walking down the street, in church, get creative! (if you have the time, It would be awesome to also some footage of *Stomp, Stomp, Clap* while you have a phone in your hand)
2: Video Footage of you traveling in some way (car, bus, bike, running, train, etc.) with or without friends in any direction, it doesn't matter, anything will do!
3: Video Footage of you applying 30stm stickers, using stencils, shots of bumber stickers on cars, window clings, etc. basically footage of echelon members spreading the word in unique and crazy ways. again get creative!
4: Video Footage of pretty much anything echelon, if it's creative and promotes 30stm/the echelon i'm sure we can find a spot for it!

Criteria for footage:
-The most Ideal resolution would be 720p but we can make anything work.
-The most Ideal file format would be either quicktime, avi, or other common file types but there are few file types that our software won't recognize.
-Now to fit the story, and our footage, it would be extremely beneficial to the film if the footage were shot at night in a city (lighting similar to kings and queens/hurricane) but we can add filters and work with it if its creative enough!
-When you send me the footage, include your name (it can be a screen name) and a short phrase/shoutout/or motto preferably related to 30stm and i'll get you in the credits!

I'll add more if necessary soon, we will begin filming everything else once we receive some notification of your response and if you're up to it. We are prepared to do it all ourselves with extras but it would be so much more exciting and authentic to Cubbin's vision of we could include the echelon! (not just us).

YOU CAN SEND THE FOOTAGE OR JUST CONTACT ME AT ForbiddenPandaFilms@gmail.com

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

We believe in the power of the echelon!

#2 cin13

cin13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Thats ingenious. smile.gif ill try to get all my Echelon friends and maybe a huge NY meet up to accomplish this. amazing idea.

#3 xnatax

xnatax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Love the idea! One thing...
Is it a problem that I'm on my own?
There are like...zero 30STM fans around here, so it would be only me wink.gif
(No idea how to pull this of, but I can try at least laugh.gif )

#4 Alpha8768

Alpha8768

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

Oh, a well presentated project!

I'm interested to be a part of it, but is it 18+ ?

Cuz I'm only 14...  mellow.gif

#5 JoshThomsen

JoshThomsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

We're all really excited to hear all the positive responses! we begin shooting the scenes here in only 4 days! and are really excited to see the stuff you pull together! and no there is no age limit, but you should probably let your parents know what you're doing just in case if you're not 18.

I'll keep you all updated! :]

PROVEHITO IN ALTUM

#6 Alpha8768

Alpha8768

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (JoshThomsen @ Dec 27 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're all really excited to hear all the positive responses! we begin shooting the scenes here in only 4 days! and are really excited to see the stuff you pull together! and no there is no age limit, but you should probably let your parents know what you're doing just in case if you're not 18.

I'll keep you all updated! :]

PROVEHITO IN ALTUM

Ok thank you for the fast answer.

-We begin shooting the scenes here in only 4 days-> Does it mean that we have 4 days left to post  the videos??

#7 JoshThomsen

JoshThomsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

No not at all, thats just when me and my team begin shooting the basic scenes such as the cliff part, maybe a few echelon running/missions of our own, and the arrival at the cliff. We don't have a deadline for the footage from all of you quite yet but you have at least a month or two :]

#8 Christoppha Davis

Christoppha Davis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:35 AM

You're a genius man! Great Idea! I will talk to my 30STM DIVISION! We'll participate for sure!

#9 Alpha8768

Alpha8768

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (JoshThomsen @ Dec 27 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No not at all, thats just when me and my team begin shooting the basic scenes such as the cliff part, maybe a few echelon running/missions of our own, and the arrival at the cliff. We don't have a deadline for the footage from all of you quite yet but you have at least a month or two :]

Oh alright,

My videos will probably be ready in one or two weeks! biggrin.gif (Holydays vacations)

#10 SophieD

SophieD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

I love the idea of this, and I think it's great. I'm over in England and a MASSIVE fan of everything 30 STM xD I was thinking I could get some of friends over here involved, nd try and get the word spread over here in my part of the world, little old England xD hahaha. anyways, just reply back if there was anything you wanted, like in a church or forest or whatever, but yeah, I'll tell people about it, and we'll get this up and running smile.gif
Once again, great idea biggrin.gif

#11 JoshThomsen

JoshThomsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (SophieD @ Dec 29 2010, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the idea of this, and I think it's great. I'm over in England and a MASSIVE fan of everything 30 STM xD I was thinking I could get some of friends over here involved, nd try and get the word spread over here in my part of the world, little old England xD hahaha. anyways, just reply back if there was anything you wanted, like in a church or forest or whatever, but yeah, I'll tell people about it, and we'll get this up and running smile.gif
Once again, great idea biggrin.gif

That'd be awesome to get some footage from a different continent! It will add more of an exciting feel to the video! Our team met last night and we have some pretty excited ideas for the video and we can't wait to finish our shooting as well as getting your footage!

#12 SophieD

SophieD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (JoshThomsen @ Dec 29 2010, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That'd be awesome to get some footage from a different continent! It will add more of an exciting feel to the video! Our team met last night and we have some pretty excited ideas for the video and we can't wait to finish our shooting as well as getting your footage!

That's great thank you xD just wondering, does it have to be to you by a certain time?

#13 SophieD

SophieD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

why thank you, i was not aware that humans could fly. damn i wish people would update me with these developments

#14 SophieD

SophieD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (aPOSstille AURA @ Dec 30 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
youR shittin me!!! you didn't know you could fly. THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS brothers and SISTERS time to go. 2 war... black eyed peas I GOT A FEELING...that tonights gonna be a good knight! my heart has flutterbyes  let me know if when I've shown yyou how we fly!!! ONE LOVE HEAVEN ON EARTH

you need help.

#15 SophieD

SophieD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

thank you.

#16 Alpha8768

Alpha8768

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:04 AM

That's great thank you xD just wondering, does it have to be to you by a certain time?

Hey Aura, please don't spam topics or I'll be forced to report you. JoshTompsen probably wants a clear and nice topic.

For SophieD, there is no "time limit", but you should post the footages in around 1 or 2 months (2 months maximum)

Thank you, its nice to see people involved!  wink.gif

#17 JoshThomsen

JoshThomsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (aPOSstille AURA @ Dec 30 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well go HIM if he has a problem with what the two of us were talking about????? bruno mars just the way you are... yes that means U2 alpha kid
and Josh if you have anything to say about this, WeAIR hear, and I would like to here from u not his enemy!!! one LOVE

Before I get into that, no there is no specific time frame just yet but it is around 2 months, maybe more depending on how much we get, and I believe there are several other topics and forums for random talk, and this is not the one. I'd like this to be about the discussion of the project, thank you.

#18 yougotbadtaste

yougotbadtaste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

That sounds like such a great idea smile.gif

#19 vruls

vruls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

Ill try my best, considering that I am only 14, and that there is no other fan where I live, and that completely sucks, so i do  a bit of echelon work like I draw triads, and the glyphs and stuff, rarely though, anyways ill see what I can do for this video.
Another idea that I had got was to do something like this video, I saw it a while ago on youtube and thought it would be perfect, but yours is really good and probably better to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgeVf80hWHc&feature=fvst

#20 KrimsonROse

KrimsonROse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Great idea! I loove Vox Pupoli.

Hmmm  maybe I'll actually participate in this one...

Sounds easy enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users