1582 replies to this topic

#1561 Rothalion

Rothalion

Nakushita Ryu

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

"The didacticism in that is blatant: the corporate machine is bad, kick its ass! "

Is that didactic, or more of an opinion expressed in art. Didactic is meant to instruct. To me there is a subtle difference. Or is the message more like even the suits and ties amongst you can be monsters. Wolves in sheeps clothing...people for the most part tend to feel that a suit and tie gives some sort of credibility to a person. Why dress up and ax murdering pedophile before you cart him off to court, or don a suit and tie to stand before a judge for a traffic offense? Or to try and and sell me something?  Maybe I'm off base with the coorporate idea although the bands court issues biographically lean that way. Maybe the nightmare is that even what we should be most able to trust in is in reality what we should fear the most.

#1562 SpectralTiger

SpectralTiger

Speshul case

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

View PostRothalion, on 18 March 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

"The didacticism in that is blatant: the corporate machine is bad, kick its ass! "

Is that didactic, or more of an opinion expressed in art. Didactic is meant to instruct. To me there is a subtle difference. Or is the message more like even the suits and ties amongst you can be monsters. Wolves in sheeps clothing...people for the most part tend to feel that a suit and tie gives some sort of credibility to a person. Why dress up and ax murdering pedophile before you cart him off to court, or don a suit and tie to stand before a judge for a traffic offense? Or to try and and sell me something?  Maybe I'm off base with the coorporate idea although the bands court issues biographically lean that way. Maybe the nightmare is that even what we should be most able to trust in is in reality what we should fear the most.

Instruct to kick ass. An immature way for me to put it in words but what I meant was that the whole `Jared kicks corporate chimp`s butt` thing was a soft version of the sort of propaganda put forward by punk rock (perhaps?). I was thinking of punk rock as didactic art and how the message in Hurricane (or one of the messages) is didactic in a similar way. But you may be right. It may just be an expression of their opinion/view of the corporate world as they are not directly instructing us to boycott it.

The dressing up to court thing is highly psychological. It`s aimed at the juries who are more likely to acquit someone dressed up, shaved and with a nice hair cut than someone who `looks` like a criminal. Unfortunately, that is one of the reasons why corporate/white collar criminals are more likely to get away with crime. People just don`t see them as criminals. `They wear nice suits, why would they be criminals?` is the view of the general public, a dangerous view.

Now don`t even get me started on the people who are trying to sell you stuff lol. `No, thanks` is my favourite phrase sometimes.

I like your last sentence. So true (in my opinion).

#1563 Psyche

Psyche

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostSleepy Matchstick, on 01 March 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

Actually, I thought that scene was supposed to be a tribute to those soldiers, not something disrespectful.  
As a retired and disabled military veteran, I agree with you. I felt no disrespect at all and as a matter of fact, teared up when I saw it.

#1564 Lizzielou

Lizzielou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

Wow... The music video to Hurricane :) I'm jealous the woman who played his lve interest. what a beautiful film, though. It sucks Jared had to edit it. I would have made it raunchier  ;)

#1565 felicis

felicis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

I really liked the video, i mean its seriously cool and the song is awesome!! its also kinda weird , but in the best way possible!!

#1566 Laurens

Laurens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

Amazing video to my opinion, way different than all the other videos out there.
Bit strange and creepy as well, but still amazing.

#1567 ChelseaxErin

ChelseaxErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

What did Jared say about the children at the Hurricane Screening? I can't remember and vid not working on my phone right now...anyone care to transcribe? :)

#1568 Mars.echelon

Mars.echelon

Not So Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

If I remember correctly he said they represent innocence.

#1569 ChelseaxErin

ChelseaxErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Thanks mars.echelon :) I think there was something else too but I can't remember it and its driving me nuts. Like the "something children" ugh!!

#1570 VanillaMintFusion

VanillaMintFusion

Luctor Et Emergo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

The children were the "guardians of the arts" or something like that if I remember correctly...

#1571 ChelseaxErin

ChelseaxErin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

There we go!! Thank you :)

#1572 SarahBeth

SarahBeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

I just watched this for the first time (I know, I know) and omg. I think my head is spinning in the best possible way - its beautiful. And thought provoking.

And for a shallow moment, gah, Jared shirtless through the whole video? Yes. Please.

I need to go watch it again to digest it.

#1573 pale_existence

pale_existence

Mines bigger...trust me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

OH. Ok...

#1574 tasteoffreedom

tasteoffreedom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

[PARENTAL ADVISORY] 30 Seconds To Mars - Making of the Hurricane

EMI just posted this video about making of the Hurricane. It's interesting and pretty impressive.

#1575 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

That was excellent, thanks for posting.Posted Image
I love watching Jared at work... how his mind works. Shannon kicking ass Posted Image

#1576 I.R.A

I.R.A

BULLSEYE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

shannon was so happy to kick tomo's ass lol! and yes jared at work is very interesting. its great to somewhat understand how his mind works.

#1577 Mistressred

Mistressred

We'll Never Fade Away...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

He seems very passionate about his work, and you can't help getting caught up in that.

#1578 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

LOVED the making of. As mistressed said I love watching Jared work as well.. all 3 of the guys.

#1579 raceutojupiter

raceutojupiter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

really can't say enough for the current project. It was incredible

#1580 Coco Converse

Coco Converse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

I cannot recall if this particular topic has been brought up or discussed in this thread before *if so, my apologies*, but just a short while ago today I re-watched the explicit version of Hurricane, and one shot in which I examined more is the shot of the three children doing chalk drawings in the middle of the street, at the beginning of Chapter Three: Death. One of the drawings in which I am curious in regards to, is towards the bottom left in yellow chalk, and what appears to resemble a boat sailing upon water, with a fish underneath it? Does anybody happen to have any idea or thought on what this could symbolize? Additionally, one other chalk drawing that has myself left in wonder is towards the bottom on the right side in white chalk, and is underneath a drawing of a guitar... what is that? It sort of looks to be a crown, perhaps? Some sort of razor blade, or a puzzle piece?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users