http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/601478/hu...e.jhtml#1518071

Discuss

#2 velvetbelle2

velvetbelle2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Anyone else see striking similarities btw the Hurricane videos & the videos for From Yesterday, the Kill and even Attack? Bartholomew is back!!!!!! I feel like this theme was just bubbling below the surface with all of the glimpses of strange scenes in FY and The Kill, and the rough sensuality of attack, and now Hurricane is the song that it's all finally come together and taken center stage in this vid. And if you read comments on some the sites (mainly MTVs where there are mostly new Mars fans and more of the "general public" commenting), the overwhelming response is whoa what the f was that?? I though the film did make you ask that huge question, then more questions and maybe even question yourself a little bit, eh? AND - here we are at what i feel like has been the main message for most of their music....SELF inflection and questioning...yes they are bringing it full circle and that's why i love this band so!!!  smile.gif

#3 LetosLooker

LetosLooker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

I am so fucking sorry that there's so much damn controversy over this beautiful film. However, I agree with Jared's plan to edit. Not showing the film at all would definitely be much more damning than editing it and showing it. I am looking forward to seeing all versions of this film and to promoting the hell out of it so that the world can enjoy it! Who's with me? ECHELON???? MARS ARMY???? THE HIVE???? STREET TEAM???? Let's all unite and support "Hurricane".

#4 LetosLooker

LetosLooker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

I am so fucking sorry that there's so much damn controversy over this beautiful film. However, I agree with Jared's plan to edit. Not showing the film at all would definitely be much more damning than editing it and showing it. I am looking forward to seeing all versions of this film and to promoting the hell out of it so that the world can enjoy it! Who's with me? ECHELON???? MARS ARMY???? THE HIVE???? STREET TEAM???? Let's all unite and support "Hurricane".

#5 HELIOS

HELIOS

[ECHELON]

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:25 AM

Vedran. Resize your banner ASAP.

#6 Jenni6277

Jenni6277

also known as Gadina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:47 AM

EDIT.

I loved the uncensored version! Damnit. I need to see the 20 min version too! biggrin.gif

#7 Ymagier

Ymagier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:53 AM

Woohoo, will watch that when I get home. I'm not risking it at work. They even sensor the term 'as soon as' at this place because if you run the words together it says 'ass'.
Which is only mildly offensive at best, and not really in this part of the world at all.

#8 LeysaD

LeysaD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

Interesting video.  Think I need to watch it more than once, interesting that it is censored so much over here (in the U.S.) not sure how much it is censored in Europe but I know they are not as uptight as we are.  Can't wait to see the whole thing......

Although on a side note.....I am sure if they were to have dismembered people with blood gushing, heads rolling, eyes being gouged out and then just ran around murdering people (Oh wait that was CSI just last night  sad.gif )that would not have been a problem showing it in the U.S. and that just pisses me off  mad.gif !

But I did like it..... cool.gif

#9 maldita

maldita

superdupermegaultra

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

well that made me forget that my arm is injured for 13:09min. the uncensored one is much cleaner. i like it better. the one that was posted in MTV cant be played here so thanks for uploading it in youtube.

#10 fusion

fusion

ǝsdʎlɐɔodɐ ǝıqɯoz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

Sig fixed, almighty sun.

#11 jarppa

jarppa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

I just saw it and I don't still get it... I have to watch it again.

#12 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

Watched the Uncensored version a few minutes ago. Really not all that different then the censored one. Not all that bad if you ask me. Great video though. I really like it. Like I said in the other thread my favorite part of the video is Shannon's little fight scene/ drumming to NOTH. Pretty badass. I think they went a bit far with the over dominating thing though. Like to chick in the bunny suit bowing down to Tomo. I do want to see the whole 20 minutes!

#13 QuietChaos

QuietChaos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

So, I really enjoyed this video. It was raw, provocative, sensual and primal. I like that the band took risks with this video. I hope they don't cater too much, if at all, to what the censors want just to get it on TV. It's not like MTV actually shows music videos anyway.

QUOTE (SarahKay @ Nov 30 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watched the Uncensored version a few minutes ago. Really not all that different then the censored one. Not all that bad if you ask me. Great video though. I really like it. Like I said in the other thread my favorite part of the video is Shannon's little fight scene/ drumming to NOTH. Pretty badass. I think they went a bit far with the over dominating thing though. Like to chick in the bunny suit bowing down to Tomo. I do want to see the additional 20 minutes!

I though the same after watching the uncensored version... is that it?! I mean, really? Other than 1 or 2 things, I didn't find any reason for all that censorship. Only in America would violence be considered more acceptable than the natural act of having sex. Why is that?

The Shannon fight scene interspersed with the drumming was my favorite scene as well. Jared and that girl was hot. That bunny suit chick was hot. I loved that bunny outfit. Shannon and the Ducati ? Yeah. Tomo on violin is always cool. I'm sure there's lots of meaning in that video .. Shannon fighting that Italian doctor in the plague death mask, just for one example. It's definitely a video you not only need to see more than once..but you want to.

Well done. One of my faves, for sure.

#14 SarahKay

SarahKay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

I have noticed though that you either hate it or you like it.. theres really no inbetween..

#15 caits

caits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

wow its mad! Kinda love it though lol!

#16 xnatax

xnatax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (SarahKay @ Nov 30 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do want to see the whole 20 minutes!

So...is there actually a part 2?
I thought it was just reduced to 13 minutes  blink.gif

#17 anaPHX

anaPHX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

Beautiful creation!

I want to see it badly in HD and...FULL. Hope that somehow we could put our hands on!

#18 silvita

silvita

lost in the daydream...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (SarahKay @ Nov 30 2010, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do want to see the whole 20 minutes!
QUOTE (Gadina @ Nov 30 2010, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to see the 20 min version too! biggrin.gif

me too, I have a lot of intrigue now...

I think it was unnecessary censorship... was not so crazy
some shots go faster to realize. only the strong is Rosewood... the man in the bathroom, maybe yes...

#19 Angelina C

Angelina C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

This Video is one that challenges many of our conventional ways of thinking.
It sucks you in and never lets you go, leaVing you wanting, crAving, wishing for more.
Jared does have an amazing eye when making these films/videos, he shocks, inspires, challenges and brings to light many aspects of the humanity that we attempt to cover up.

The whole issue with it getting banned and he having to release a censored version is crap but it gains more attention, therefore exposing others to one of the best bands out there.

#20 Lily_17

Lily_17

Lilybelle Lufflecakes...is ridiculously Canadian.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,441 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:26 AM

I wish they'd waited on the Deluxe Edition of the DVD before this was released, although I'm sure it'd be an explicit issue as well.

Hope they release it for purchase at some point like they did with the Japanese ABL that had all the videos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users